PDA

View Full Version : MLSE - For the love of Pete, Mic the questions during press conferences!

MisterMacphisto
11-19-2009, 04:38 PM
How annoying is it to watch press conferences over and over by MLSE where you can't hear the questions being asked from the journalist?

I'm watching video of 30 seconds of dead air, then the coach or Mo starts talking and you have no clue what the question was they are answering.

They do this over and over for every press conference. For shit sake, give the journalists asking the questions a mic!

/rant

Pigfynn
11-19-2009, 04:39 PM
+1 !

DOMIN8R
11-19-2009, 04:46 PM
+1

Send an e-mail to Michelle Lissel.

TFCRegina
11-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Plus 1, and make the answering Mics more sensitive! I can barely hear the audio, i have to plug in headphones into my laptop so i can hear it...

Marco2K
11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
whats her email address?

Batman
11-19-2009, 05:35 PM
+1 as well. Ive thought about this in a number of others and never mentioned it.... great idea to get the thread going... maybe they'll get the message.

jloome
11-19-2009, 05:35 PM
It's quite common these days for PR types to not mic the questions, as a method of controlling material that might make the club look bad.

Provincial governments already do this. If you're at a political presser, you don't get mic'd. if you're at an NGO-based presser, say, the auditor general, you get mic'd.

Spin control, that's all. Ususally totally unnecessary given the walking wimps that currently make up most daily media.

Red CB Toronto
11-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Having worked in PR over the years, mics are used in most cases when the press conference is going to attracted a lot of people, it is for when there is going to be some distance between the reporters and the interview subject so the person can here the questions.

GBV
11-20-2009, 06:05 AM
It's quite common these days for PR types to not mic the questions, as a method of controlling material that might make the club look bad.

Provincial governments already do this. If you're at a political presser, you don't get mic'd. if you're at an NGO-based presser, say, the auditor general, you get mic'd.

Spin control, that's all. Ususally totally unnecessary given the walking wimps that currently make up most daily media.

"walking wimps" also has to do with the fact that many journos save their "tough" questions for one-on-one format. if you're gonna ask a tough/hard question, there is no benefit to yourself and your media outlet to do so when there are dozens of others there getting the same quotes.

Cashcleaner
11-20-2009, 11:20 AM
In the very least, they could provide subtitles for the questions, though I suppose a mic pointed at the reports would do the job just as well. IF we don't hear the question asked, whats the point of even putting these sort of press conferences up on the TFC website to begin with?

rocker
11-20-2009, 11:27 AM
i think they need to mic it just for professionalism... it looks so shoddy and cheap when there's silence for 30 seconds and Preki just staring out into the crowd. It makes it seem like they can't afford a mic.

They also need to ensure the camera dude isn't drunk (man, it jerks around a lot) and tell people not to walk right in front of the camera.

Auzzy
11-20-2009, 12:58 PM
They also need to ensure the camera dude isn't drunk (man, it jerks around a lot) and tell people not to walk right in front of the camera.

Yup, I thought it was hilarious when the camera was only pointing at Mo for a while, but kept on swaying back & forth. In the spirit of conspiracy theories I've heard about the presser (Preki scratching his nose means so & so) -- maybe the camera man was trying to tell us something about Mo? :)

Lucky Strike
11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
i think they need to mic it just for professionalism... it looks so shoddy and cheap when there's silence for 30 seconds and Preki just staring out into the crowd. It makes it seem like they can't afford a mic.

+1 on this.

Auzzy
11-20-2009, 01:30 PM
HOWEVER I would like to add -- I'm still thankful that they make so much video available on their website, and (try to) stream things -- the tournament in Carolina, pressers, all the regular weekly stuff, etc! Does any other MLS team offer as much? So if the choice is, less video available, or occasional crappy quality, I'll take the crappy quality.

BUT since they put in all this effort, they could def. improve it with some of these (relatively simple) suggestions.

dantdot
11-20-2009, 01:37 PM
And the volume, please fix the volume, I need to cup my ears to hear things.