PDA

View Full Version : Lesly Fellinga interview

Klinsmann
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Just noticed a new interview up on Red Nation today:

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Rednation_Speaks_with_Lesly_Fellinga_of_Toronto_FC _nov_17_09_feature.shtml

Shaughno
11-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Great interview. I look forward to seeing him play more next season as I think he's the natural replacement in the starting XI for Jimmy B at left back.

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I'd like to see more of him. I think he played very well in his one start, but Paul James ripped him apart in his blog (maybe James has seen him play elsewhere?).

trane
11-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I realy like what I have seen for him. He should be a started at LB.

Hitcho
11-17-2009, 05:12 PM
He'd probably fit well into a 5-3-2 as a LWB. With him on the left and wynne on the right, we'd have pace and good attacking ability from the WBs.

That said, I'm not a fan of that system (unless Nicol signs as head coach and converts me with some stellar performances from his TFC team) so it will be interesting to see Fellinga play at LB next season. Pace in defence is always good, but as we've seen with Wynne, it;s no substitute for positional sense and ability to read the game.

dupont
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
He seemed promising in the little bits I saw of him. I hope he pans out here.

ag futbol
11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Good interview. I was under the impression he was a LB as well, you can definately see it in his game as he's not great at taking his man on but he does get up and down the field well and has a pretty good cross. Thought he was a decent part but nothing exceptional.

The 4-3-3 vs. 4-4-2 / 4-5-1 point was pretty interesting. A lot of USMNT fans give MLS grief over being majorly defensive and playing the creativity out of players. Perhaps slightly true, but it's worth noting most players aren't showing up with a big tool box of technical skills to begin with. If the skills can reach the kids at an earlier time, maybe they'll show up more skilled and a change in tactics would be called for.

rocker
11-17-2009, 07:12 PM
i thought he looked like he knew what he was doing. good sense of things out there. his crosses were strong.

the writer doesn't ask the question about Fellinga's contract status.

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-17-2009, 08:19 PM
i thought he looked like he knew what he was doing. good sense of things out there. his crosses were strong.

the writer doesn't ask the question about Fellinga's contract status.

I was wondering the same thing. When he signed I'm sure I read that he was only on a very short term contract, but when Mo was asked on GOL TV's 'That's Our Mo' about players out of contract he only mentioned Serioux and Vitti.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah i dont think Fellinga has been given enough time to decide whether he is good or bad (i feel the same way about Gerba), this season will be a decider for the fella

scooter
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
no obviously we need to see more of him but at lt outside mid he did a good job and looked very comfortable on the ball --- he should be a starter next season

Ossington Mental Youth
11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
prob will be seeing as jimmy is reportedly going to be a bench player