PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy advances to MLS Cup final

TFCRegina
11-14-2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/11/14/sp-galaxy-mlscup.html

Great news for the TV ratings...Beckham and Donovan in the final.

I wonder if john molinaro can tell us if CBC will be showing it. ;)

Carts
11-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I had to give up on this match last night, and I'm upset I did...

I was just beat from the night before (TFC Party) and the blackouts just kept delaying the game to the point I shut'r'down... :(

Good for LA. Becks looked as happy as Donovan when they made it 2-nil...

I'm hoping Seattle sells out Quest Field and ESPN (I think they're producing it) does a big job trumping up the game as a huge deal...

Carts...

boban
11-14-2009, 11:40 AM
^^ I think the final will be broadcast on ABC.
ESPN production nonetheless.

CoachGT
11-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I watched the entire game. Marred by the two power outages, one 18:14 long and the other 18:15. First outage early in the first half. Houston appeared to have the slight advantage in play up to that point. Afterwards, LA came out on fire but that slowed as Houston started to gain better control of the ball. Second half LA came out hard again, only to have the second blackout occur five minutes into the half. After that, I thought Houston had the run of play. Ching banged one off the crossbar in the second half, a reaction save by Ricketts.

First OT LA scored late - play was pretty even up to that point. Second half of OT penalty called (correctly) early, and Donovan nailed it. Ching had another bar in the second OT.

Three hours to play and really, I didn't think it was a game that warranted staying up for the full three hours, but I did anyway.

I wonder if the result would have been the same without the blackouts- they certainly changed the flow of play.

Redcoe15
11-14-2009, 02:05 PM
^^ I think the final will be broadcast on ABC.
ESPN production nonetheless.
I think you're right. With Beckham and American hero Donovan in the MLS Cup final, they'll be hoping for big tv numbers, which with the game up against NFL football will be wishful thinking.

Detroit_TFC
11-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Not on ABC.

It's going to be on ESPN2. ABC wouldn't preempt their Sunday evening schedule. Yes it will probably get low ratings but on the other hand its nice to see both MLS and ESPN willing to not tiptoe around NFL for this game.

Parkdale
11-14-2009, 07:08 PM
you know what.... it's good for the league, and as much as I dislike their team, I know it's better for the league to have LA in the Finals instead of RPS, Chicago, Chivas or shudders Seattle.

this wasn't out year, next year.... it's all red.

GBV
11-14-2009, 07:22 PM
houston played three playoff games and had zero goals in regulation.
as far as i'm concerned -- good riddance.