PDA

View Full Version : Flags A Must!!!!!!!

Bloor West FC
11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
NEWS FLASH LOL.

We need the south end and all supporters sections to have many flags this will hopefully make the "i dont care fans" care and hopefully move to different seats. We will drive them out!

We the supporters will soon have the supporters sections full of supporters!!!

Just my thought. can we start making a huge flag order?

How many people in supporters sections here would like to have a flag to bring to a game?

Or people start making your own creative flags. I want to make another one to. But lets bring the noise and colors next year. Its never to early to start :)

BWFC

boban
11-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Don't why this has to be done since everyone is moving to the north end anyway. :p

Bloor West FC
11-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Don't why this has to be done since everyone is moving to the north end anyway. :p

All supporters sections. I aint moving to the North End. You can put a stamp on that. South End for Life :).

EENIE MAN
11-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Great idea.
yesterday when i went for my relocation , some guy that was in 127 moved to 119. when i asked "why move?" , he replied "to many flags , and standing".
???.....???????
i reminded him that 119 is a supporters sect.

i even offered him my seats in 120 row 4....but no dice.

gunnerken
11-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Without checking way back, who initiated the original design competition and manufacture of the "Checker T" (mine) and "Bitchy" flags ? I would love to have a second one to switch up with...:canada:

Boris
11-13-2009, 07:07 PM

people really think this is a possibility still eh?

egoodwin
11-13-2009, 07:22 PM
thing with flags... if you order them, make sure people commit to bringing them each game.

remember how many of the checker and supporters united flags were sold in season 1... how many of those do you see these days being waved in the stands... problem is people buy these for the wrong purpose... they should be sold on condition that the person WILL bring it to each game and WAVE it during the game... and not just leave it on the seats for 99% of the game...

Too many people buy flags from an order for the sole purpose of having them used as souvenirs... instead of accepting the duty that comes with the purchase...

denime
11-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Great idea.
yesterday when i went for my relocation , some guy that was in 127 moved to 119. when i asked "why move?" , he replied "to many flags , and standing".
???.....???????
i reminded him that 119 is a supporters sect.

i even offered him my seats in 120 row 4....but no dice.

First of all he did not say standing you are exaggerating a bit now,
That guy is my working college and he was on 6 or 7 away trip in last 2 years,know very well what supporting the team means,but in the same time he can't deal with supporters holding two stick in front of his face during the game because he both the ticket to watch the game in the first place.
He mention you and offer for 120 but he is happy with 119 and he hopes next year to move even closer to the bunker,where he can support the team and be able to see what is going on the field.

flatpicker
11-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Yes... more flags please! :D

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/potentialflags3.jpg

RedRum
11-13-2009, 08:29 PM
thing with flags... if you order them, make sure people commit to bringing them each game.

remember how many of the checker and supporters united flags were sold in season 1... how many of those do you see these days being waved in the stands... problem is people buy these for the wrong purpose... they should be sold on condition that the person WILL bring it to each game and WAVE it during the game... and not just leave it on the seats for 99% of the game...

Too many people buy flags from an order for the sole purpose of having them used as souvenirs... instead of accepting the duty that comes with the purchase...

Well said, I agree 100%.

egoodwin
11-13-2009, 08:34 PM
That guy is my working college and he was on 6 or 7 away trip in last 2 years,know very well what supporting the team means,but in the same time he can't deal with supporters holding two stick in front of his face during the game because he both the ticket to watch the game in the first place.
He mention you and offer for 120 but he is happy with 119 and he hopes next year to move even closer to the bunker,where he can support the team and be able to see what is going on the field.
good riddance. I hope he enjoys 119...

also, if they are not your words, why would you include them... you know the people who use two-sticks are fellow supporters and there is nothing wrong with using a two-stick, and i am sure many of your fellow RPB members support two-sticks... really no need to slag people from other groups who have a different idea of how to support than you and your friend with such a politically incorrect insult...

denime
11-13-2009, 08:43 PM
NEWS FLASH LOL.

We need the south end and all supporters sections to have many flags this will hopefully make the "i dont care fans" care and hopefully move to different seats. We will drive them out!

We the supporters will soon have the supporters sections full of supporters!!!

Just my thought. can we start making a huge flag order?

How many people in supporters sections here would like to have a flag to bring to a game?

Or people start making your own creative flags. I want to make another one to. But lets bring the noise and colors next year. Its never to early to start :)

BWFC

Flags yes,during the game so you are obstructing the view to your fellow supporter no.
It easy for you Bloor West to say Wave it all the time when you are in the first row in 111,or me in 1st row 115,but have you ever thought about ppl behind you who might be supporters too but can't see a f*ck all because of your flag.
I was a part of many flag tifos in former Yuoslavia and they are always done before the game ,half time or when the smoke bombs and flares are out,since you can see anything at that time anyway,but never,never during the game.And belive me supporters section where and still are full with hard core supporters.

Considering our situation at BMO we would be better of if we try to convert "i don't care fans" to "care"or support TFC as we do every single game.
Forcing them move you might end up with scalper seat behind you and than what?

denime
11-13-2009, 08:47 PM

also, if they are not your words, why would you include them... you know the people who use two-sticks are fellow supporters and there is nothing wrong with using a two-stick, and i am sure many of your fellow RPB members support two-sticks... really no need to slag people from other groups who have a different idea of how to support than you and your friend with such a politically incorrect insult...

You are right,I apologizes for that,I'll fix it now.
Other than that,lets not turn this into 127 vs South discussion,please.

egoodwin
11-13-2009, 08:48 PM
well say it is Dichio 24 being sung, and you have a bunch of Dichio 2-sticks, do you not think that is an appropriate time to put them up?

or if say Serioux makes a big defensive play, and we have a two-stick for him, he has earned that two-stick going up for a few

not saying two-sticks should be up all game, considering that is a hell of a lot of effort to hold them up for that long... but if you take a look at the section, the only time they really go up, are at appropriate times, and for short periods...

if he can not handle occasional view blocking, then sorry, 127 just was not for him... and i am sure 119 will suit him better... but i know there are others out there who think the same way we do and dont mind the occasional view blocking...

on topic, i still say, from an outside of RPB view, that efforts should be made to ensure the flags return to bmo as often as possible

flatpicker
11-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Flags yes,during the game so you are obstructing the view to your fellow supporter no.
It easy for you Bloor West to say Wave it all the time when you are in the first row in 111,or me in 1st row 115,but have you ever thought about ppl behind you who might be supporters too but can't see a f*ck all because of your flag.
I was a part of many flag tifos in former Yuoslavia and they are always done before the game ,half time or when the smoke bombs and flares are out,since you can see anything at that time anyway,but never,never during the game.And belive me supporters section where and still are full with hard core supporters.

Considering our situation at BMO we would be better of if we try to convert "i don't care fans" to "care"or support TFC as we do every single game.

I agree with this.

It's always been my opinion that flags should be used at the times you said, as well as during certain stoppages in play.
It could be after a goal for example.

But once in a while I think it's ok to wave flags for a few seconds during game play.
Like during the certain chants (like the Massive).

denime
11-13-2009, 08:54 PM
well say it is Dichio 24 being sung, and you have a bunch of Dichio 2-sticks, do you not think that is an appropriate time to put them up?

or if say Serioux makes a big defensive play, and we have a two-stick for him, he has earned that two-stick going up for a few

not saying two-sticks should be up all game, considering that is a hell of a lot of effort to hold them up for that long... but if you take a look at the section, the only time they really go up, are at appropriate times, and for short periods...

if he can not handle occasional view blocking, then sorry, 127 just was not for him... and i am sure 119 will suit him better... but i know there are others out there who think the same way we do and dont mind the occasional view blocking...

Do you really think Serioux can see that during the game,I think he has better chance to see his two stick banner at half time before he leaves the field,no?

egoodwin
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
it is the concept of it, if i had a serioux two-stick i would hold it up, to go along with his song... no expectation for him to really see it, nor cameras to catch it, if he sees it, great, if not oh well, its the thought that counts...

eitherway, flags and two-sticks are allowed in supporter sections whether people, like the colleague of denime, likes it or not... so you might as well make the most out of it by going and bringing more flags to BMO...

i would not be involved in such purchase, but i support BWFCs idea 100%

RedRum
11-13-2009, 09:25 PM
It's called sacrifice and that's part of being a supporter. Support for 90. Watch the replay of the game when you get home FFS. That's what recording devices are for. Be like Flush. Be like Workie. Be like Roogsy (just not online Roogsy :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:).

Cashcleaner
11-13-2009, 09:37 PM
It's called sacrifice and that's part of being a supporter. Support for 90. Watch the replay of the game when you get home FFS. That's what recording devices are for. Be like Flush. Be like Workie. Be like Roogsy (just not online Roogsy :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:).

Not everyone wants to do that though. Personally, I don't fault them for it, but in this case, the guy going from 127 to 109 should really understand what he's getting into.

egoodwin
11-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Not everyone wants to do that though. Personally, I don't fault them for it, but in this case, the guy going from 127 to 109 should really understand what he's getting into.
that's why we are lucky to have different SGs and supporter sections... offers good variety to people to go to a section and associate with the group that best meets their expectations

mighty_torontofc_2008
11-13-2009, 09:44 PM
the problems with flas ie for the out of town supporters is you have to lug them around everyplace you go..i took mine last season but not this one..you have too many people shouting to put the flags down it isnt worth the hassle anymore.

flatpicker
11-13-2009, 09:48 PM
the problems with flas ie for the out of town supporters is you have to lug them around everyplace you go..i took mine last season but not this one..you have too many people shouting to put the flags down it isnt worth the hassle anymore.

And that's why I tried to initiate the "flag rental".
That way people could just pick up flags at the tailgate and then drop them off after.
It was a small hassle, but I was happy to do it.
It worked a little... but then I got too busy with real life to seek volunteers.

egoodwin
11-13-2009, 09:50 PM
And that's why I tried to initiate the "flag rental".
That way people could just pick up flags at the tailgate and then drop them off after.
It was a small hassle, but I was happy to do it.
It worked a little... but then I got too busy with real life to seek volunteers.
how many people took and used your flags when you did it?

flatpicker
11-13-2009, 09:58 PM
^ the most I had at one game was maybe 14 I think?

But if we did it more often, then people might get more used to it, and more willing to volunteer.
I would love to average 20-30 people per game.
Though, for now, it's just games with tailgates... otherwise it gets to complicated to arranged the pick-up.
And there is always the risk of not getting flags back.
But I take names!

... which reminds me, I think Gobi owes us a flag! :)

morgank1986
11-13-2009, 10:55 PM
If we are to do a mass order of flags I would definitely be in for a couple. Regarding the design of the flags. I was thinking that if a simple yet customizable design was chosen it would be best. What I mean by this is, say we choose a simple flag with half red and half white. These flags would look great waving as is or any buyer could add their own touch to it at home, with words or a design or something.

EENIE MAN
11-13-2009, 11:28 PM

yeah man. I travel too. 119 is nice. gonna get nasty for next season. 2 stick , big banner ,flag's , singsong . ....

Bloor West FC
11-14-2009, 01:28 PM

Wow Dude you need to chill out! I never said wave during the game! And before you start dropping the f bombs have I ever waved my flag during play? No. Chiilax

Oh and about converting fans. That's not my job. I enjoy the games for myself not for converting reasons LOL. There are many people who have had these seats for a few seasons and if they don't want to care they wont. You can go and preach to them if you want about caring. I rather have die hard fans waiting to get in to our sections get in.

egoodwin
11-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow Dude you need to chill out! I never said wave during the game! And before you start dropping the f bombs have I ever waved my flag during play? No. Chiilax
oh he must dread the thought of being a DCU supporter, where their flags are going all game

Bloor West FC
11-14-2009, 03:10 PM
oh he must dread the thought of being a DCU supporter, where their flags are going all game

Yup. He's just trying to make something out of nothing. Not unusual on this forum. Just wish they would take the time and read before going off.

egoodwin
11-14-2009, 04:15 PM
nothing against him, I understand that it may block someone's view... but if we're into a great song like Horto or the Bounce or something... that flag's going up.... especially if the play is on the other side of the pitch... and I don't care if someone's view gets blocked for 1 or 2 minutes during that time, they can look at the scoreboard or something, until it goes back down... they know what they're getting themselves into, know that their are flags and two-sticks going to be used... if they want a totally unobstructed view for 90 they can help themselves to a section that is not known for flags... I will not change my routine and my exercising my given right to use flags, because someone chose the wrong section...

also, I believe it goes along with the attitude towards flags in the section... if I was in a non-flag friendly section, I'd be inclined to use the flag less... but being up in 127 and with a group that encourages and looks kindly upon flag usage, I'm more inclined to wave it...

with that said, I usually wave only during good songs, and when play is in the other end... and I can't wave full 90, I just don't got the arm strength for it...

Darlofletch
11-15-2009, 01:02 AM

What exactly is your problem here? guy doesn't like having his view of the game blocked. Did he complain or demand that they stop waving the flags or putting up two sticks? no, he just moved to a different section. why the hostility?

You so hardcore!

nascarguy
11-15-2009, 01:37 AM
the tfc staff were warning people if you have seats in sec 127, 110, 111 & 112 to 119 your view could be block by flags, sign or banner if you do not want your view block do not get tickets there

Bloor West FC
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
What exactly is your problem here? guy doesn't like having his view of the game blocked. Did he complain or demand that they stop waving the flags or putting up two sticks? no, he just moved to a different section. why the hostility?

You so hardcore!

Nobody here has a problem. Relax. All parties just made a statement, that's all.

Parkdale
11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
You so hardcore!

opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one :D

and like most of the other issues, it all comes down to respect and 'the golden rule'.
Would you like it if someone blocked your view during a critical part of the match?
How would you feel if you missed a goal? Some people can live with that,
but the vast majority (supporters included) care enough about the game
to keep their eyes on it.

besides, flags look best in a coordinated effort at the start, the half or the end of the game anyway.

Brooker
11-15-2009, 07:14 PM
put down your flag during play. thank you.

London
11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
people need to understand that if you are in a supporters section , there will be times where you miss game action.

maybe supporter tix need to say possible obstructed view on it???

Brooker
11-15-2009, 07:17 PM
no, no, and no. just because it's a supporters section doesn't mean you can wave your flag during play.

that's grounds for having your flag taken away and thrown over the railing.

what has happend every time in the last 3 years? instant swearing and yelling until you put it down.

Gixmo
11-15-2009, 07:17 PM
people need to understand that if you are in a supporters section , there will be times where you miss game action.

The website clearly does..

It's not 90 minutes of flag in your face, it's 60-120 seconds

Flags up, It's a must

Parkdale
11-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Isn't the edit (http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/9/90/Nouduck.jpg) function great!?

London
11-15-2009, 07:36 PM

see what i wrote?

flatpicker
11-15-2009, 07:42 PM
My 2 cents...

I would say that flags and banners during game play should be kept to a minimum.
I want to see the game as much as the next person.
But I have no problem with the occasional flag/banner appearing in front of me during play.
It's part of our support and atmosphere.
It only takes a few seconds to give your flag a wave... I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over that.
I'm in 111, I wave a flag, I try to use it during stoppages, but if the right situation arises, then so shall my flag!
If anyone has a problem with mildly obstructed view for a few seconds, then they need to take a pill.

Parkdale
11-15-2009, 07:46 PM
yeah, like flats said, you can wave a flag for 8 seconds and make a point.
Two sticks have to be up much longer than that, and should be used before or after the match.

there will be times when you don't see the field, and that's part of the experience,
but the motive for putting up a flag should always be to support the team, and
NOT to block out other supporters who you don't think are as 'worthy' as you.

(because some comments seem to make it sound like the point of a flag is to block people so they leave the sections. that's lame)

Bloor West FC
11-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Whats funny is that I never said anything about waving flags during game time on my post, somebody just assumed I said that, and this started LOL. We have chants were we will use flags and thats only a few seconds. I never wave my flag up high unless we score a goal and people might have noticed that, for chants I wave the flag over the railing in front of me.

And for a few seconds here and there it is accepted, when I go to away games I sometimes get blocked for a little bit. But I mean were jumping and having fun right.

Flags are in our hands to show support for our team, to get the away team off track. Before RPB wanted this so badly in the start, now it seems more political. Just my thought.

Parkdale
11-17-2009, 10:30 AM
people still want flags, but they don't want to miss the game.

hell, I said this in the past -- Wave the flag in front of your own face.
hat way you get to wave a flag, and no one else misses the game.

Mikey
11-17-2009, 05:16 PM
What sort of casual supporter goes home and watches the game on PVR?????

I often sit right in front of the TV when the replays are on and wave my flag continuously ( until I get hit in the back of the head with a coffee mug. ) If anyone else in the house wants to watch, FUCK 'EM !!!!!!