PDA

View Full Version : John Carver interested in Peterborough job

tfcmanu
11-11-2009, 12:22 PM
JOHN CARVER is “in the running” for the vacant manager’s job at Peterborough United.
The Chronicle understands that the former Newcastle United assistant manager and Toronto FC boss would be interested in taking the reins at London Road in the aftermath of Darren Ferguson’s departure.
Fergie Jnr was surprisingly shown the door at Posh on the back of their 3-1 defeat at St James’ Park – despite leading them to successive promotions from League Two to the Coca-Cola Championship.
However, Carver – who has been out of work since leaving the Canadian MLS outfit Toronto – is keen on getting back into management...CONT'D

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/11/11/john-carver-interested-in-peterborough-job-72703-25142274/

tfcleeds
11-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Wow...didn't realize that Fergie Jr. was given the axe. A bit surprising given the progress Posh made under him the last couple of seasons.

trane
11-11-2009, 12:29 PM
There is a professional Football team in Peterbrough, Ontario?

If there was that is the only place were he should manage.

tfcmanu
11-11-2009, 12:32 PM
There is a professional Football team in Peterbrough, Ontario?

If there was that is the only place were he should manage.

True LOL.....:hump:

mighty_torontofc_2008
11-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Good Luck to JC if he gets it, he should still be here!!

MUFC_Niagara
11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Good Luck to JC if he gets it, he should still be here!!

Agreed, 100%!

Roogsy
11-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Carver is class. I wish him all the best. Does this mean he will be going up against his beloved Newcastle?!?!

MUFC_Niagara
11-11-2009, 01:02 PM
^^Yup, imagine he somehow won promotion??? He'd be a premier league manager!!!

Parkdale
11-11-2009, 02:35 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/dont_feed_the_troll_sticker-p217202502037330062qjcl_400.jpg

off-topic posts deleted.

flatpicker
11-11-2009, 02:42 PM
http://www.ugo.com/sports/best-wrestling-faces/images/entries/sergeant-slaughter.jpg

Eastend
11-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow...didn't realize that Fergie Jr. was given the axe. A bit surprising given the progress Posh made under him the last couple of seasons.

Rumour is Ferguson Jr. may be in line to take over at Hull.

Brooker
11-11-2009, 10:46 PM
good luck johnny!

Gixmo
11-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Rumour is Ferguson Jr. may be in line to take over at Hull.

Really? Can you back that up anywhere (BBC Rumors etc)

I would love to see that, in all seriousness. Fergie Jr is just like his father, and watching the 2 of them go at each other would be great..

Who buys the wine?

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-12-2009, 12:02 AM
I wonder if he'd try to poach any of our players?

Troll
11-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Only if he's got his sights set on relegation.

trane
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/dont_feed_the_troll_sticker-p217202502037330062qjcl_400.jpg

off-topic posts deleted.

HEY IS THAT ME????????

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Only if he's got his sights set on relegation.

There's a few players on TFC who are CCC calibre or at least very strong prospects. Carver always talked up Robbo and Ibrahim.

TorCanSoc
11-12-2009, 11:14 PM
If he does get a coaching spot in the CCC, I wonder if he'll offer a leg up to some of our younger TFC talent?

CretanBull
11-13-2009, 12:04 AM
There's a few players on TFC who are CCC calibre or at least very strong prospects. Carver always talked up Robbo and Ibrahim.

Neither of those guys are CC quality players....

Pachuco
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I wonder if he'd try to poach any of our players?

I you remember, he came here to pay a visit to Stefan Frei after he had left. I'm sure he'll be eyeing him.

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I you remember, he came here to pay a visit to Stefan Frei after he had left. I'm sure he'll be eyeing him.

Nice catch...I think you may be right. If there is a player being eyed, he'd be it.

Darlofletch
11-13-2009, 02:49 PM
There was talk earlier of him being interviewed at Lincoln. If he couldn't get in there, or any of the other lower division jobs that have come up this year, I can't see him getting peterborough. good luck to him though, hopefully he lands a job somewhere.

Hitcho
11-13-2009, 05:20 PM
He could come back here as our GM if you ask me. Stick Nicol underneath him and keep Mo just to do trades and the draft.

Darlofletch
11-13-2009, 05:23 PM
^what? craziness.

flatpicker
11-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Mark Cooper agrees to become new Peterborough manager - report (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news-rumours/2009/11/13/1623196/mark-cooper-agrees-to-become-new-peterborough-manager-report)

Kettering Town (http://www.goal.com/en/teams/england/1438/kettering-town) boss Mark Cooper has reportedly agreed in principal to become the new manager of Peterborough United (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/1096/peterborough-united) on a three-and-a-half-year deal.
The struggling Championship outfit departed company this week with Darren Ferguson, who had led them to two successive promotions.
The new man has a lot to live up to, and it is believed Cooper is the man taking on the challenge.
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe emerged as Peterborough's first target, but he rejected the opportunity to move to London Road.
Posh therefore turned their attention to Cooper, with Kettering chairman Imraan Ladak agreeing to allow his man to leave.
Cooper will take charge of Kettering for Saturday's Blue Square Premier fixture against Cambridge United, before departing for his new post.
The 40-year-old has yet to sign a deal, but the contract has been agreed and he is expected to start his new job on Monday.

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Neither of those guys are CC quality players....

I've watched a ton of CC games, Robinson could play for a lot of CC teams, so could a few of our other players. There's a lot of stratification in the CC, huge differences in quality between the top teams, the middle teams, and the bottom feeders.

Dirk Diggler
11-14-2009, 01:13 PM
I've watched a ton of CC games, Robinson could play for a lot of CC teams, so could a few of our other players. There's a lot of stratification in the CC, huge differences in quality between the top teams, the middle teams, and the bottom feeders.

Really? Come on man ... TFC is amongst the worst sides in MLS and Robbo looked terrible even for our standards ... at best, he is mid-table League 1 calibre. Maybe he is good enough to just barely make the roster of a couple of CC teams but he certainly won't be getting any playing time with them.

ensco
11-14-2009, 01:34 PM

No way. None at all. Not even the worst CCC team could use him.

Look, once these players get into their 30s, if they lose that half-step, it ends fast. Abel Xavier went from starting for Portugal to not able to play for the Galaxy, in 18 months.

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Lower third CCC clubs are not miles ahead of MLS teams in terms of talent. Toronto Fc although a terrible team, has a lot of individual talent. 'The Posh', outside of some loan players, aren't a talented club by CCC terms, I'm not unconvinced TFC couldn't beat them in a match.

Dunc
11-14-2009, 08:32 PM
No way. None at all. Not even the worst CCC team could use him.

Look, once these players get into their 30s, if they lose that half-step, it ends fast. Abel Xavier went from starting for Portugal to not able to play for the Galaxy, in 18 months.

i really don't know where you got that number of 18 months from. Xavier was done at portugal LONG before his LA adventure.

That and he's a defender, the Portugal national team isn't famed for its defending. Nuno Valente was still getting a game for Portugal when he was already like third string at Everton.

You vastly overrate lower-tier English football. I see coaching as the main thing MLS is deficient in. Carl Robinson would do fine in the championship at a number of clubs.

Nestease
11-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Abel Xavier went from starting for Portugal to not able to play for the Galaxy, in 18 months.

This statement couldn't be any more wrong. You missed about like 7 or 8 years of bouncing of bench to bench and failed drug tests and suspensions since the last time he started for Portugal in 2000. The guy was soccer kryptonite for any team that touched him.

ensco
11-16-2009, 07:45 AM
^OK re Portugal but my point was correct. He went from starting in the EPL to out of MLS in 18 months.