PDA

View Full Version : Casey storms off field, demands trade

jloome
11-09-2009, 11:17 PM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20091109&content_id=7640626&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Think people are pissed here?

billyfly
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
We had him. Could we have him again?

Hitcho
11-09-2009, 11:42 PM
We need a coach first, then we need him to bring in the players he wants or needs.

NICOL

Get 'er done Mo.

Toronto Ruffrider
11-09-2009, 11:52 PM
I'd take Casey, but we do need a coach who can utilize him effectively.

Yagbod
11-10-2009, 12:00 AM
I'll take him with no reservations. I don't care if Alfred E. Newman is the coach.

"Go... score." And he goes! 2nd in goal's scored this year with 4 less games played, and playing for the Rapids... and how did Chad and Pablo do again? Oh, well... they did run hard.

To butcher Slapshot: "trade for him, right f**king now!!!"

Auzzy
11-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Except if Casey comes to Toronto to avoid frustration... I have a very nice bridge in NYC I would like to sell him for a very good price... :)

Interesting seeing an article like this on the main MLS website.

Cashcleaner
11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Except if Casey comes to Toronto to avoid frustration... I have a very nice bridge in NYC I would like to sell him for a very good price... :)

Yeah, man. I don't see him lasting long here unless serious changes are made to the managerial and coaching aspect of the club.

Sure, he might fit in well if we get a coach that can utilize him properly. If we don't....well, we've seen it happen just recently.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-10-2009, 12:08 AM
hes a great player but im starting to think he might be a headcase, second demanded trade in 3 years, swearing at the coach...

Ossington Mental Youth
11-10-2009, 12:09 AM

yeah i thought that was dope

Roogsy
11-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Because Casey isn't smart enough to know he'd be leaving one team that doesn't know what it's doing for another team in the exact same position right? LOL!

It seems there are similarities among teams that fall short...and it seems to start from the doesn't it?

twistedchinaman
11-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Casey = Headcase = no.

Brooker
11-10-2009, 01:54 AM
if he's a headcase he'd fit in pretty well at TFC. but atleast this headcase can score with some consistency.

DOMIN8R
11-10-2009, 05:51 AM
People foget that he wanted to leave Toronto for Colorado. He grew up in Denver and his whole family lives there.

TFCtoMUFC
11-10-2009, 07:54 AM
I'll take him with no reservations. I don't care if Alfred E. Newman is the coach.

"Go... score." And he goes! 2nd in goal's scored this year with 4 less games played, and playing for the Rapids... and how did Chad and Pablo do again? Oh, well... they did run hard.

To butcher Slapshot: "trade for him, right f**king now!!!"

Yes, thank you. Vitti = useless, Barrett = usually a detriment to the team

Mo we want him, you get him. Also while your at it, swing a deal for Kljestan.

CoachGT
11-10-2009, 07:55 AM
People foget that he wanted to leave Toronto for Colorado. He grew up in Denver and his whole family lives there.

And after the outburst, he stated that the one thing he would "take back" is the comment about a trade. He stands by the remainder of his comments. It was reported in the Denver papers yesterday.

Fort York Redcoat
11-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Doubt he'll want to come back here.

James17930
11-10-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm pretty surprised they put something like that up on MLSnet.

Detroit_TFC
11-10-2009, 10:04 AM
if he's a headcase he'd fit in pretty well at TFC. but atleast this headcase can score with some consistency.

I don't know if I totally agree with that. He scores, but he's streaky. He's slow as molasses but he's hard to muscle in box because of his size.

Detroit_TFC
11-10-2009, 10:05 AM

I imagine the Rapids FO had a fit when they saw that article. :D

DOMIN8R
11-10-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty surprised they put something like that up on MLSnet.

I agree. That's the real story, in my opinion. This has to be a first. This looks more like a legit soccer blog posting or even MLS Rumours post than a tow-the-party-line MLSnet story.

alexintoronto
11-10-2009, 10:13 AM
hes a great player but im starting to think he might be a headcase, second demanded trade in 3 years, swearing at the coach...
We knew he didn't want to play here when we acquired him. Mo was just trying to get something in return from Colorado.

MartinUtd
11-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I don't know if I totally agree with that. He scores, but he's streaky. He's slow as molasses but he's hard to muscle in box because of his size.

Sounds like Gerba. And since he's likely sticking around another season I'd say Casey would not be the right fit.

CoachGT
11-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Here's the link to the Denver paper where Casey said he takes back the trade demand.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13744636?source=bb

Steve
11-10-2009, 01:57 PM

On other teams. Remember when we got another headcase? What was his name... oh yes, Cunningham. He could also score with consistency. In fact, he won the Golden boot twice, in the season right before coming to us, and the season after leaving.

Yeah, sorry, but our team is the death of strikers.

Alarius
11-10-2009, 02:22 PM
On other teams. Remember when we got another headcase? What was his name... oh yes, Cunningham. He could also score with consistency. In fact, he won the Golden boot twice, in the season right before coming to us, and the season after leaving.

Yeah, sorry, but our team is the death of strikers.

Sad but true... we should field a team with no strikers.. just midfielders and defenders... :)

Bobo
11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
He probably would have been about as poor as Gerba if he played for us last season.

scooterTFC
11-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Am I the only person wondering why Rapids were training in November even though they didn't make the playoffs? I'm not saying its a bad thing... just seems odd.

ua-kozak_TFC
11-11-2009, 10:52 AM
i do not agree that he is a head case... i don;t think he demand a trade when we had his rights.. since he never played for us i don;t think...
And also as someone mentioned... he will fit right in with MO if that is the case...

TOBOR !
11-11-2009, 11:17 AM
the Crapids sound like a bunch of whiny bitches to me. Shut up and run the laps.