View Full Version : More Pyro from Chicago fans

SvenFlu
11-08-2009, 07:23 PM
:flare:

vionEDyqdCI

Roogsy
11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
LOL!

Sorry...I know lots of people are against them...but damn that looks like fun.

Congrats to them for taking out the Revs (again).

MUFC_Niagara
11-08-2009, 07:28 PM
It looks awesome. I'm not against them personally, but the league rules say no and I am obliged to obey them. I am against people throwing them. But if they are normal with them like the video then great!

Oldtimer
11-08-2009, 07:52 PM
They don't call them "the Fire" for nothing. :)

Seriously, it looks cool but those things are really dangerous.
i prefer smoke bombs if people are going to do pyro, and we do need to stay within the limits.

Vhoghul
11-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Absolutely amazing... Section 8 did a great job... Hope to see more!

Redpunkfiddle
11-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Look, I trust you guys. Or most of you guys. Or.... some of you. But there are simply too many fools out there and I need my eyebrows, thanks very much, to let them be used by the general public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP6KXF-Og8c

Glad to see we aren't the only ones to be scored on at the last minute in big games though.

tfc2007
11-08-2009, 08:06 PM
smoke bombs are just as good, without as much danger.

Hustle
11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Nothin can match flares....nothing.

Yeoman
11-08-2009, 09:15 PM
They don't call them "the Fire" for nothing. :)

Seriously, it looks cool but those things are really dangerous.
i prefer smoke bombs if people are going to do pyro, and we do need to stay within the limits.

even those can be rather dangerous
the best kind to invest in would be the maratime smoke flares.
i know the stuff we use at work is all high burning temperatures.
wouldn't want some drunken idiot trying to grab it.

Gixmo
11-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Look, I trust you guys. Or most of you guys. Or.... some of you. But there are simply too many fools out there and I need my eyebrows, thanks very much, to let them be used by the general public.

Glad to see we aren't the only ones to be scored on at the last minute in big games though.

Ya, that'll dampen the league spirit lol

adamdz
11-08-2009, 09:46 PM

Pffft at first I thought they were supporting the team, but they were just warning people about the fire.

RedRum
11-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Good job by the Fire Supporters, but they need to improve their chanting - every clip I've seen of them they sound weak. What I dont get is why the security do the right thing and just let them burn out for the Fire supporters, but if the visiting support bust out the pyro they go charging in like gangbusters. When people panic that's when things go wrong, one of the security guys was literally trembling when TFC played there near the end of the season.

FluSH
11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
^^^
I thought the fire supporters had lots of trouble and confrontations with the security at Toyota... weren't they even accusing their security of profiling and harrasment against the Latino Supporters?

TFC07
11-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Nice video! :flare:

For the record, I am not against flares either.

FluSH
11-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Not sure if many of you know... but Section 8 is incorporated... and from their website:

In 2008 the ISA had an operating budget of just over $100,000, using money raised and donated to offer discounted road trip packages to encourage fans to support the team away from TOYOTA PARK, produce section related merchandise, pay for in-stadium tifo displays and made considerable charitable donations as platinum donors to FWFK and Nothing But Nets.

WOW!

That crushes our budget about 1000 times over... holy shit...

flatpicker
11-08-2009, 10:22 PM
^ it is impressive for sure FluSH... but 1000 times over?... Surely we do better than that!

FluSH
11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
^ it is impressive for sure FluSH... but 1000 times over?... Surely we do better than that!

Ok, ALMO's budget 1000 times over... we are nowhere near 1/10th of that figure... $25 memberships? They must be moving weight... or have one kick ass merch team...

Hustle
11-09-2009, 08:13 AM
That is impressive. Imagine what we could accomplished with that kind of money? How many member do they have?

C.Ronaldo
11-09-2009, 09:47 AM
a real stadium

snif snif :(

phonzo
11-09-2009, 02:29 PM
I believe Section 8 is able to raise funds in other ways - portion of seat sales, etc.

boban
11-09-2009, 03:16 PM
LOL!

Sorry...I know lots of people are against them...but damn that looks like fun.

Congrats to them for taking out the Revs (again).
Not only that, it sure does look good with the corners filled in like that. :o

boban
11-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Not sure if many of you know... but Section 8 is incorporated... and from their website:

WOW!

That crushes our budget about 1000 times over... holy shit...
You mean the budget is only $100??

FluSH
11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
^^
It was a joke... I was pretty shocked to see that number.

Pookie
11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Extremely dangerous if you get a few guys acting on their own to light them and in a fit of panic actually throw them. Worse still for the unsuspecting fans with breathing problems.

That said, a little bit of common sense and everyone can get along.

For example, make sure security have buckets on hand and know how to handle them.

Advise the fans around you in advance, ideally let security know if you have permission, to ensure that those with conditions like asthma can find an alternative spot to stand until they blow out.

james
11-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Chicago have been doing the flare shows alot this year and i think its great. I love seeing Ultra style displays such as giant Banners (like our dichio one), Giant flag displays, streamers, and probably one of the coolest looking would be Flares!

I would like to see more flares at other grounds in MLS!

james
11-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Good job by the Fire Supporters, but they need to improve their chanting - every clip I've seen of them they sound weak. What I dont get is why the security do the right thing and just let them burn out for the Fire supporters, but if the visiting support bust out the pyro they go charging in like gangbusters. When people panic that's when things go wrong, one of the security guys was literally trembling when TFC played there near the end of the season.

i tottally agree. Chicago singing is usually quite bad. That said all supporter groups need to inprove alot on singing together includding us. Some supporters groups got great flags, banners, drums just no team in MLS seems to have the singing down great yet. I hate them more then any team in MLS but i actually think if you had to pick 1 team with the loudest chants in MLS i actually think its Columbus. They are quite organized at singing and when an away player has to do a corner in the Columbus end its looks pretty crazy with the fans behind the net chanting at them. There problem is tho besides the fans behind the net the rest the stadium always looks empty. But we all gotta step up the singing.

KrazyKanadian
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
That said, a little bit of common sense and everyone can get along.

For example, make sure security have buckets on hand and know how to handle them.

Exactly. Done right and it looks amazing, but sadly we have those who feel the need to throw the flares onto the pitch or at other supporters instead of just holding them up.