PDA

View Full Version : Starting 11 Pictures

Gixmo
11-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Anyone have an insight where I could find pictures of the starting 11 on a game by game basis. I'm trying to track down a particular date a jersey was worn and this appears to be the best route so far..

Thanks

Stryker
11-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Hmmm. No idea where to find starting line up pics but you can can check line ups, game events and dates by the box score on the MLS site.
Maybe you can get an in game pic of the jersey in the game pics once you've tracked the date?

Gixmo
11-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Hmmm. No idea where to find starting line up pics but you can can check line ups, game events and dates by the box score on the MLS site.
Maybe you can get an in game pic of the jersey in the game pics once you've tracked the date?

I've started with that doing the Flickr tour, however I have a feeling this jersey was worn during a road game since I can't find anything on Flickr. I managed to acquire a particular kit that was game worn, so my own curiosity kills me trying to find out in what game :)

Stryker
11-07-2009, 01:52 PM
All you can do is narrow it down to a certain number of games depending on if its a home or away and weither the player was starting or on the bench.

Gixmo
11-07-2009, 02:28 PM

All you can do is narrow it down to a certain number of games depending on if its a home or away and weither the player was starting or on the bench.

no worries, think I found it.. Colorado, Home in September :)

Upside down MLS patch on the sleeve is a tell tale

11-07-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure about the pictures, but I've been tracking the jersey for the past 3 years.
If you've got any questions about any games, I can help you out.

Gixmo
11-07-2009, 11:01 PM
117 you have a PM

Getty Images, surprisingly, does not have a good selection.

11-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey Gixmo,

They wore that jersey 7 times last season.

July 29 vs. PRI – As you mentioned, they wore the CCL patch instead of the MLS patch

Aug 4 @ PRI – Same

Aug 15 vs DC United - I checked the game and the patch is upright

Sept 12 vs. Colorado - Same. Patch is upright

Sep 19 @ LA Galaxy - Same. Patch is upright

Sept 26 @ Chicago - Same. Patch is upright

Oct 24 @ NYRB - Edwards played, not Frei (Frei wasn't dressed at all).

Perhaps it was underneth the CCL patch. I'm not sure.

Sweet pick ups, though! Very jealous!!!

Gixmo
11-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Colorado, Sept12 looks like a candidate but I cannot verify patch location

There are pulls in the fabric and green markings on one portion of the sleeve so it's seen use. I'm also closely examining the outside to check for CCL patches that may have been there.

Either way, it's not a big deal - I'm just curious and giddy with glee

11-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Here's a screen grab from the Sept 12 game.
Patch is right side up

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Aa5y5xwfeokAZGZ2ajk5eDRfMWZxanZoMmY5&hl=en

Gixmo
11-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Here's a screen grab from the Sept 12 game.
Patch is right side up

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Aa5y5xwfeokAZGZ2ajk5eDRfMWZxanZoMmY5&hl=en

Must be CCL then, perfect - Thanks for your help!!!