PDA

View Full Version : 90 Minute TFC Party Info

GlenM
11-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Posted on main TFC site, here's the link for everyone's info...

http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091103&content_id=7613670&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Sounds pretty cool...

Enjoy,

GlenM

JonO
11-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Good on them for bringing it back...

Nodoubtguy
11-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I didn't got to the one after year one so I think I'll check this one out

Ageroo
11-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Thinking about this as well....just up the road from my work....

canadian_bhoy
11-04-2009, 03:47 PM
This was one of the best events in year one - glad they brought it back. Sad they brought it back the one night I can't go :(

Parkdale
11-04-2009, 04:04 PM
can anyone say... TACO TOWER!

the first year one was really good, so I'm glad to see they're doing it again.

Parkdale
11-04-2009, 04:05 PM
oh yeah.... and everyone knows about that other kick ass party right?

(check the members section for details on the 3rd annual)

Nodoubtguy
11-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Will this be considered an official random Thursday drinking location??

tovan
11-04-2009, 04:19 PM
In TFC's case, wouldn't it be a 75 minute party?

Pinkie
11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Will this be considered an official random Thursday drinking location??
isn't it perfectly planned? AND its in the west end...it's like they did it on purpose :)

totally going to this one-the last one was GREAT

Whoop
11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
I might have to consider it as I will be in the neighbourhood following my seat relocation.

Though what do I do between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.?

Parkdale
11-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Though what do I do between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.?

go to the bar early, and save us a good booth

Rudi
11-04-2009, 04:29 PM
isn't it perfectly planned? AND its in the west end...it's like they did it on purpose :)

totally going to this one-the last one was GREAT
Adelaide and John is considered "West End" now?

Oh you crazy LDC's. :D:p

Oldtimer
11-04-2009, 04:29 PM

:lol:

KrazyKanadian
11-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Will $50 get us a chance to tell Mo how we feel?

Kevvv
11-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Now there's an idea - an open forum, a chance for fans to come together and ask Mo the tough questions. $10 a head, + convenience fee. Paul, you're welcome.

Pinkie
11-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Adelaide and John is considered "West End" now?

Oh you crazy LDC's. :D:p

is it west of yonge?

yes

so it is in the west end :P

thats how we LDC's roll

JDG
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM

Mo was the only no-show at v1.0 and I would expect the same this time.

canadian_bhoy
11-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Hopefully people will go and enjoy themselves at this thing. Pretty cool opportunity to speak with players and coaches, plus a wack of other stuff for $50.

Red CB Toronto
11-04-2009, 05:53 PM
It was a great party the first year, glad to see it come back, good opportunity to just chill out and challange a member of the Reds to a game of FIFA, enjoy some good food, some cocktails and more. Good night all around.

Brooker
11-04-2009, 06:16 PM
^^^ that's about the only game of soccer they can win.

:O

after the game in new york i don't want to see anybody involved with tfc until 2010.

whoever is going have fun though. you deserve some.

MUFC_Niagara
11-04-2009, 06:21 PM
I think in order to show MLSE that we sick of Mo and the ML$E conspiracy, we should boycott this party. Furthermore, I think we should protest outside of the venue!!!!

Blizzard
11-04-2009, 07:15 PM

Ya, sure, if you want to experience the Glasgow Kiss first hand! :sosp:

billyfly
11-04-2009, 07:22 PM

Dang, you beat me to this joke.

TFCtoMUFC
11-04-2009, 07:43 PM
So is asking them to sign a jersey acceptable? Got a few jerseys (Attakora, Cronin, Dichio) I want to get signed. Those guys keep eluding me.

nascarguy
11-04-2009, 08:22 PM
i do not know if i want to go and thow away more money for TFC i do not have the money to spend with season tickets paids coming up

RedRum
11-04-2009, 08:28 PM
So is asking them to sign a jersey acceptable? Got a few jerseys (Attakora, Cronin, Dichio) I want to get signed. Those guys keep eluding me.

Yes. Only $20 per signature, loyalty price.

prizby
11-04-2009, 08:34 PM
they meant 75 minutes right?

billyfly
11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
^Jokes been done. I tried it too.

TFCtoMUFC
11-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes. Only $20 per signature, loyalty price.

Lets be serious.

Nodoubtguy
11-04-2009, 09:48 PM

Yeah, kinda wondering the same.....have a team signed kit missing just Serioux and DD so it would be nice to get those on there

werewolf
11-04-2009, 09:53 PM
the first year, it was all autographs and picture taking, despite something being posted on the event info saying not to ask for autographs :lol:...probably won't be a problem for those seeking signatures.

billyfly
11-04-2009, 10:16 PM
"Two ball kids for the 2010 home opener"

I hope one of them can fix TVs. I need my TV looked at.

Mikey
11-05-2009, 06:45 PM
So does this 90th minute party only last 75 minutes too...?

Nestease
11-05-2009, 11:13 PM
So does this 90th minute party only last 75 minutes too...?

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3479/carlosmencia.jpg

billyfly
11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
^3rd guy to make that joke in this thread!

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 09:30 AM
in the first year, they had the same 'no autograph' policy, but it's mostly so players don't get mobbed and end up spending the entire time signing things.

I'm sure one or two wouldn't hurt them (just bring your own sharpie)

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 09:32 AM
oh, from facebook:

NAME SAYS what a farce......just another way for an underperforming team to scrape money out of the pockets of the faithful supporters

looks like that attitude isn't just on supporter-run message boards.

KrazyKanadian
11-06-2009, 09:41 AM
^ He/she is right though. $50 to stand around and chat with players, and pretend everything is rainbows and lollipops? The thing should be free for attendees, or at the very least, have the admission price donated to charity.

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 09:50 AM
^ He/she is right though. $50 to stand around and chat with players, and pretend everything is rainbows and lollipops? The thing should be free for attendees, or at the very least, have the admission price donated to charity.

In the first year, money was donated to KidSport Ontario and Right To Play. I don't see why they wouldn't be donating again.

and after you figure the bar rental, staffing costs, 2 free drinks, food costs, etc - The team would take a loss on the event if the entire $50 from each ticket was given to charity. I'd rather have a losing team (rainbows and lollipops included) than a bankrupt one.

so I guess I wont see you there?

canadian_bhoy
11-06-2009, 10:23 AM
oh, from facebook:

looks like that attitude isn't just on supporter-run message boards.

People need to stop being wet blankets.

I'm not saying that people need to love everything the club does (God knows they do a lot of stupid shit), but if you don't enjoy anything the club presents, don't like the product on the field and think that the club/owners/FO are micky mouse bloodsuckers, then...why do you bother? There are 1,0000,0000,0000 other things to do with your time.

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 10:34 AM
^ well said Mike.

Carts
11-06-2009, 10:43 AM
I just purchased my tickets...

Me and Mrs. Carts are going...

I had a blast at the year one party and am looking forward to Thursday...

Carts...

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 10:54 AM
were you on the bus back downtown carts? remember flying the streamers out the back window of the bus all along the highway?

Carts
11-06-2009, 11:41 AM
were you on the bus back downtown carts? remember flying the streamers out the back window of the bus all along the highway?

That sounds awesome, but no I wasn't on the bus...

I was one of the 'Elite 11 or 12' who hung around and closed the place LOL...

Carts...

Nodoubtguy
11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
just bought mine

v00d00daddy
11-06-2009, 11:46 AM
In the first year, money was donated to KidSport Ontario and Right To Play. I don't see why they wouldn't be donating again.

and after you figure the bar rental, staffing costs, 2 free drinks, food costs, etc - The team would take a loss on the event if the entire $50 from each ticket was given to charity. I'd rather have a losing team (rainbows and lollipops included) than a bankrupt one.

Did you just suggest that TFC could go bankrupt....ever?

ps...I'd rather have a well run, successful team then one that lets me meet and have drinks with them at the end of every year.

I thought this was about watching soccer players...not drinking with them.

I guess I'm a wet blanket but this whole party seems like a bad idea to me.

I guess we've already forgotten season 3. On to season 4...hopefully there'll be another party after next season.

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 11:47 AM
wet, meet blanket.

v00d00daddy
11-06-2009, 11:49 AM
wet, meet blanket.

lol..saw that coming.

oh well. enjoy the party.

give mo, brennan and robbo one big hug for me.

they're GRRRREAT!

Carts
11-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I've said it before, when the day comes that we win an MLS Cup - the day after someone will start a thread titled "...We're Never Going to Repeat - b/c We Suck..."

I'm going to go and have a great time - if you don't want to go, stay home or go to another bar...

No worries, No problems... END.

Carts...

FluSH
11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm fcking going... soooo fcking what? There are a few players which I would like to personally say thanks... others I won't say a word.

What's done it's done... we have to move on and look forward to the next season...

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 11:56 AM
it's a fun party, and the one after the first season was probably one of the best TFC produced events yet. Even there I went in looking for a way to be upset about it, mostly because someone cut off my access to the TACO TOWER (which made me grumpy), but at the end of the night, it was really a good event. Certainly more enjoyable than the Pub Nights that have gone on since.

Oh, and Ronnie O'Brien is no match for Flatpicker and myself (at foosball). Watch out Amado... this year we're gunning for you!

v00d00daddy
11-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Okay..well apparently some of you guys have more patience than I do because you can seperate your team losing 5-0, when it mattered most, less than a month ago....from a meet and greet with the same players where you will go to have a good time and get autographs.

I just can't do it. I can't stomach the fact that the club even has the balls to put on a party like this...let alone that people will go.

I'l say it again.

We get what we deserve.

We will never tell these guys that we expect more. Not on game day. Not on days in between, not in the off season and obviously not when they give us the "opportunity" to meet and drink with them.

Enjoy the party. It may be the only thing you ever celebrate with this club.

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 12:01 PM
..because you can seperate your team losing 5-0, when it mattered most, less than a month ago....from a meet and greet with the same players where you will go to have a good time and get autographs.

or think about it like this.... the players see us there, eye to eye, and feel bad about losing in such a shitty way. Maybe that lights a fire under their ass? Maybe that makes them think twice about calling in 'tired' for practice. Maybe it reminds them that some people will hold them accountable for their record?

Not all of us are 12 year old boys with pennants to sign. Many of us are know to the players (some on a first name basis) and when they see us, they KNOW that there are people who demand more from them.

and one other thing....

really?

g4EM4wWx1hQ

Carts
11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I'l say it again.
We get what we deserve.

Interesting...

Most experts agree positive thinking going forward leads to better motivation and performance - negative thinking hinders that...

So being bitter & brining things down will lead to losing and poor performance...

Have it your way - and get what you deserve... HEY OH! :D

Carts...

PS: I'm just goofing around - but its sad when a "party" is something to complain about - but that's this board way too much of the time unfortunately... Moving on - I'd say 'onward' but Ben Knight has that one ;)

rocker
11-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Okay..well apparently some of you guys have more patience than I do because you can seperate your team losing 5-0, when it mattered most, less than a month ago....from a meet and greet with the same players where you will go to have a good time and get autographs.

Then don't attend.

But I don't fault someone who might want to go.

I just don't see what's the point in criticizing the team for having a year-end party for fans in a general sense. You don't like it? Don't go.

Companies have year-end parties all the time no matter what happened during the year. They don't just have them when things go well.

I mean if you really care so much that they are holding this party, go outside the restaurant and protest on the sidewalk ;)

FluSH
11-06-2009, 12:41 PM

I just can't do it. I can't stomach the fact that the club even has the balls to put on a party like this...let alone that people will go.

I'l say it again.

We get what we deserve.

We will never tell these guys that we expect more. Not on game day. Not on days in between, not in the off season and obviously not when they give us the "opportunity" to meet and drink with them.

No... I rather have a one on one talk with our players, and let them know how important this team is to us, and let them understand where we come from.

When they step into that field... they should be proud of wearing that kit... and they should know that we have their backs... everyone makes mistakes... learn and move one... what I don't want is players feeling threaten by us... because we deserve butter.

Roogsy
11-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't need to go to this thing to get autographs. They are pretty easy to come by, the players make themselves quite available.

I may not go not because I want to make a statement but because I am pretty busy these days. Otherwise, I would definitely consider going. Why not?

I have bigger problems with MLSE other than them putting a year-end party together.

Roogsy
11-06-2009, 12:43 PM
No... I rather have a one on one talk with our players, and let them know how important this team is to us, and let them understand where we come from.

When they step into that field... they should be proud of wearing that kit... and they should know that we have their backs... everyone makes mistakes... learn and move one... what I don't want is players feeling threaten by us... because we deserve butter.

Word Flushie...word.

v00d00daddy
11-06-2009, 12:43 PM
had to come back and check...lol

in the middle of feeding my newborn and still can't get away from the boards...this is crazy. i'm so addicted

will respond shortly.

ps. i don't mean to piss people off. just gotta vent.

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 12:50 PM
ps. i don't mean to piss people off. just gotta vent.

newborn = no sleep for pops.

I understand your mood, I was in a similar funk yesterday.

KrazyKanadian
11-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Well that's good about them donating to those charities.

As for the party itself, I hardly think that you'll see the team go bankrupt from fronting the costs for an annual party held at a small restaurant. They won't even notice it on the ledger. It just doesn't seem right to have this event for the fans and still charge them quite a bit of money to attend. Parties like what Shoeless Joe has thrown for us is much more appreciative of our business as customers. Joe knows as an owner that if he runs the place well and treats his customers well, they will keep coming back. It's unfortunate that TFC thinks the opposite, that the fans will buy no matter what.

And no, I won't be attending, not unless MoJo invites me personally. ;)

But enough of my thread-hijacking. I hope the party is fun for those that do go.

v00d00daddy
11-06-2009, 01:15 PM

I am all for this. If people are attending with the intention of letting the team know, face to face, how much the supporters expect from them, fine. That's awesome.

I just don't see how that message gets conveyed over drinks and games of foosball.

Again. For those attending, have a good time. It's not you I'm upset at. It's the club.

The club that horribly under performs all year and then throws a party at the end of it.

Parkdale...as for the NCC win...meh. Had we beaten PRI I would have been much more content with the trophy.

In the end we BARELY beat out two teams. One of which laid down for us. Then we went on to get completely schooled (literally) by the Puerto Rico Fucking Islanders.

Winning the NCC this year to me meant having the opportunity to play in the CCL. To face Mexican league giants and see the Reds get some great experience and some great exposure. In the end we fell flat.

Sorry for the off topic/hijacking rant. I won't post anymore in here.

Again...for those attending..have a good time, sincerely.

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Parkdale...as for the NCC win...meh. Had we beaten PRI I would have been much more content with the trophy.

In the end we BARELY beat out two teams. One of which laid down for us. Then we went on to get completely schooled (literally) by the Puerto Rico Fucking Islanders.

you comment was: "Enjoy the party. It may be the only thing you ever celebrate with this club."

I posted the video to show that there was a celebration for the club
(not to debate the validity of the trophy we were celebrating... hell... it's silverware)

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 01:18 PM
And no, I won't be attending, not unless MoJo invites me personally. ;)

I'll run that by him, see what he thinks.

;)

(what if it was one of those electro-phone calls the club does? would that count?)

v00d00daddy
11-06-2009, 01:24 PM
you comment was: "Enjoy the party. It may be the only thing you ever celebrate with this club."

I posted the video to show that there was a celebration for the club
(not to debate the validity of the trophy we were celebrating... hell... it's silverware)

true enough...i should have said:
Enjoy the party. It may be the LAST thing you ever celebrate with this club."

:)

KrazyKanadian
11-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I'll run that by him, see what he thinks.

During the 2010 budget meeting with him and the board? ;)

(what if it was one of those electro-phone calls the club does? would that count?)

The last time Mo called me, he completely ignored everything I said, and kept interrupting me as I was trying to ask him questions. So rude!

jabbronies
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM

I like this post.

I think the players on this team need to know that this isn't Columbus where the team goes on the pitch, entertains the kids for 90 minutes then go home without anyone really caring about what happened on the field.

We really are the 12th man. They were not the only ones who feel shitty about how badly the team fucked up out there this year. We feel just as bad, but like in war time (metaphorically speaking of course), we are all in this together. We win, loose and party together. They can;'t get away from us. not like in Columbus where if they loose 5-0 they can come back next week and not a single person in the crowd would've known what happened the week before.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Celebrate the 2009 season with your favorite footballers!

Could of advertised it in slightly differnt way i guess......;)

BUt did have a great time the first year.....not to sure why they didnt have one last season.......

I'll pass this season though.....Not in the celebrating mood i guess!

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 01:44 PM
During the 2010 budget meeting with him and the board? ;)

exactly :coolgleam:

then the next order of business is getting the beer garden to annex your seats. Not all of 127, just where you sit.

KrazyKanadian
11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
then the next order of business is getting the beer garden to annex your seats. Not all of 127, just where you sit.

I haven't sat in my seat in two years. Heck, I think I stood near it once this year. Ah, memories.

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 01:51 PM
I was 100% sure that was going to be your reply.

'where I sit'?
I don't sit anywhere.

KrazyKanadian
11-06-2009, 01:52 PM
I was 100% sure that was going to be your reply.

'where I sit'?
I don't sit anywhere.

I was debating between that and "It's okay, I'm moving to 112 anyway" but you wouldn't have believed that.

Parkdale
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
you're right, I wouldn't have. touche

nascarguy
11-07-2009, 11:33 PM
do not know if I want to wast my money going to this party

TFC07
11-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Is it worth $50 to meet TFC players?

king dave
11-07-2009, 11:50 PM
do not know if I want to wast my money going to this party
I'm with you Kev.
$50?
We can get a box of beer, 2 semi-exotic dancers, a pizza and Setanta at my place!
KD.

nascarguy
11-08-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm with you Kev.
$50?
We can get a box of beer, 2 semi-exotic dancers, a pizza and Setanta at my place!
KD.
now thats a party

nascarguy
11-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Is it worth $50 to meet TFC players?
met them all before and after the game for the last 3 years

king dave
11-08-2009, 12:55 AM
These guys should be paying us $50 each.
They tanked.
We know it.
They know it.
The FO knows it.
The media knows it.
MLS knows it.
KD.

Cambridge_Red
11-08-2009, 01:03 AM
close thread :D

nascarguy
11-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I'll go but I'm wearing a shirt that say "mo must go" or "mlse must go"

who wants to stand out side the party and sing "mo must go"...lol

king dave
11-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Now that's a voice of reason in an unreasonable thread.
KD,

VPjr
11-08-2009, 03:03 AM
I'll go but I'm wearing a shirt that say "mo must go" or "mlse must go"

who wants to stand out side the party and sing "mo must go"...lol

great idea man....

FluSH
11-08-2009, 09:09 AM

Thread was closed a long time ago... KD and Nascar came late to the party...

koryo
11-08-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm not personally interested in parting with the money for this event. Partly because it's a school night, largely because I'm a stingy bastard.

But it's an individual decision isn't it? If you're going, have a great time (and ask one or two of the players where they get off letting New York beat them 5-0).

MUFC_Niagara
11-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Holy shit...even if the club did decide to provide this for free, people on here would still find something to bitch about. They are trying to do something nice for the supporters. I believe this thread was started to give people a heads up that it was going on, not to rip on TFC, the players, Mo, etc. All we need is a FIRE CUMMINS (even though he is gone), and it'll be consistant with every other thread. If I started a thread called Pink Elephants I think the first post would say "It's Mo's fault the elephant is pink." The second post would say "MLSE is trying to get us to buy the pink Elephant." End rant.

Now then, I will be going, it's on my birthday, hopefully some of you will be there and we can drink pints together! Koryo, fuck school mate....let's drink to Johnny Howson and Leeds stunning vivtory in the League Cup!!!:drinking: :scarf:

koryo
11-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Koryo, fuck school mate....let's drink to Johnny Howson and Leeds stunning vivtory in the League Cup!!!:drinking: :scarf:

Cheeky sod. Beating Oldham is hardly stunning - even for Leeds!

MUFC_Niagara
11-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Cheeky sod. Beating Oldham is hardly stunning - even for Leeds!

LOL....still a hell of a strike though ;)

sulfur
11-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Btw... Fire Cummins!

Happy Tim? :)

MUFC_Niagara
11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Btw... Fire Cummins!

Happy Tim? :)

LOL....thanks mate ;)

Want to buy me a pint at the party? I'll be 30 that day!!! :drinking:

sulfur
11-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I likely won't be attending. The $$ thing partly, the timing of it too (a bit more advance warning would've helped), and the fact that it looks like I've got a playoff game that evening too. Maybe next time.

MUFC_Niagara
11-08-2009, 11:08 PM
All I know is ONE of the players better buy me a pint for my birthday. Maybe I should get a shirt made up for the event. Paul if you see this, spread the word....tell them to dig deep for shots that night! lol.

MUFC_Niagara
11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Bought my tickets today!!! 250 available, the guy said 100 have been sold so far.

Carts
11-09-2009, 12:29 PM
All I know is ONE of the players better buy me a pint for my birthday. Maybe I should get a shirt made up for the event. Paul if you see this, spread the word....tell them to dig deep for shots that night! lol.

Can I just say its my birthday too...??? :D

Carts...

cementhead
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I,m going to this party it on the same day as my seat allocation plus my daughter drove me crazy to go!

MUFC_Niagara
11-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Can I just say its my birthday too...??? :D

Carts...

Carts & TFC_Niagara - Twins

Carts
11-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Carts & TFC_Niagara - Twins

I'm game for that... :drinking:

Carts...

MUFC_Niagara
11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
The guy called today to get my info but I haven't received an email. Did anyone who paid today get their email yet?

Nodoubtguy
11-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I got my confirmation email today, but I called on Friday to pay for my ticket.

Carts
11-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I paid last week and got my e-mail today...

Tim, I wouldn't worry, probably just takes time putting it through...

Carts...

MUFC_Niagara
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
I paid last week and got my e-mail today...

Tim, I wouldn't worry, probably just takes time putting it through...

Carts...

Ya thats what I am thinking. He said it would probably be here this afternoon but I am thinking more likely tomorrow on the next day.

Roogsy
11-09-2009, 04:45 PM
The guys that are running the 90th minute party are the same guys who are running the seat relocation. This is a very busy time of the year for them so some things are delayed.

MUFC_Niagara
11-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Ya I just got an email from John saying things are just moving slowly because they are so busy.

Red CB Toronto
11-09-2009, 11:50 PM
I got my email at 2:21 PM this afternoon after paying for my 90 Minute Party ticket with cash at the relocation event, 1:30 appointment, so it came fast. Looking forward to it.
See all of those that are coming Thursday, come on you "Reds".

CoachGT
11-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Ya thats what I am thinking. He said it would probably be here this afternoon but I am thinking more likely tomorrow on the next day.

Same boat here. I called yesterday and they said in the afternoon, but I expect it sometime today.

English Rachel
11-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I will be there with Tone, Sachin and perhaps Jay.

I'm going to be upbeat and positive but will make it abundantly clear that I was in New York a few weeks ago. I find that killing with kindness works wonders....

MUFC_Niagara
11-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Same boat here. I called yesterday and they said in the afternoon, but I expect it sometime today.

Ya hopefully they let me know today.

CoachGT
11-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Ya hopefully they let me know today.

Just got my confirmation.

MUFC_Niagara
11-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Just got my confirmation.

When did you order your tickets?

CoachGT
11-10-2009, 11:30 AM
When did you order your tickets?

Last Tuesday or Wednesday, but the order wasn't put in until Friday

MUFC_Niagara
11-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Last Tuesday or Wednesday, but the order wasn't put in until Friday

Wow...ok, thanks.

MUFC_Niagara
11-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Just got my confirmation! See you guys there!

Carts
11-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Just got my confirmation! See you guys there!

NICE! :drinking:

Carts...

JonO
11-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Just ordered my ticket.... looking forward to it...

TFCtoMUFC
11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
URGENT HELP NEEDED

Anyone coming tomorrow have a Supporters United Flag (or another TFC Flag) that they are willing to part with??

I promised mine, but just went to get it and can't find it!!!! This is a very good cause!!! Please!!!!

If anyone has one, please PM me and let me know!!!

AHHHHHHH..same idea as I had. I have a big package of Toronto stuff to send to them. Lots of signed stuff.

English Rachel
11-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Tonight's the night! Excited! Just hope I don't get the urge to punch someone ;)

Pinkie
11-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Tonight's the night! Excited! Just hope I don't get the urge to punch someone ;)

HAHAHAHA

i too am excited!

please don't punch me..

English Rachel
11-12-2009, 09:29 AM
^^ lol Pinks, I meant players/management but come to think of it, there are some RPBs that prob deserve a slap from me ;) Definitely not you! Are you getting there bang on 6.30?

Parkdale
11-12-2009, 09:32 AM
there are some RPBs that prob deserve a slap and tickle from me ;) Definitely not you!

oh my!

Pinkie
11-12-2009, 09:41 AM
yeah i'm thinking i'll be there at the start...

oh parky...tsk tsk

Shakes McQueen
11-12-2009, 09:42 AM
It's funny - people complain all season that MLSE doesn't appreciate the supporters. So then MLSE decides to bring back a fun venue to meet and talk with the organization and the players, and buys a full page ad in the papers to thank us for our support, and the same people react with contempt.

If I go, it won't be to go and give Nick Garcia a hug. It will be to hang out with other supporters, as well as tell guys like Dichio and Robbo and DeRo and JDG that they are appreciated.

I don't get the faulty logic that simply attending is somehow tantamount to letting this team off the hook.

- Scott

Nodoubtguy
11-12-2009, 09:44 AM
If I go, it won't be to go and give Nick Garcia a hug. It will be to hang out with other supporters, as well as tell guys like Dichio and Robbo and DeRo and JDG that they are appreciated.

- Scott

from what I heard, he's already back overseas getting ready for the NT friendlies

I'll downtown early so if anyone wants to meet up, let me know.....not gonna bother going home for 15 minutes

Roogsy
11-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Scott, nobody has complained in this thread about the 90th minute party in days. It has stayed positive after the initial skepticism and I am glad it did. Most think these events are a good effort on the part of the team and I agree. Let's not take the thread in the direction of "I can't believe some people feel (such and such)...". Are you going? If so, enjoy!

Parkdale
11-12-2009, 09:50 AM
It's funny - people complain all season that MLSE doesn't appreciate the supporters. So then MLSE decides to bring back a fun venue to meet and talk with the organization and the players, and buys a full page ad in the papers to thank us for our support, and the same people react with contempt.

not really.

the people who bitch the whole time, will continue to bitch now, but you'll see that the people who actually attend an event like this understand that the TFC management aren't actually a sub-breed of vampire/leaches who only want our blood.

In fact, I quite enjoy events like these because (for the most part) the people who spend their entire time complaining about things -- don't show up. Maybe it's the 'riff raff tax', but whatever it is, it works. The first 90th minute party was a blast, the downtown 'pub night' last year was fun, and I expect this one will be too.

Shakes McQueen
11-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Scott, nobody has complained in this thread about the 90th minute party in days. It has stayed positive after the initial skepticism and I am glad it did. Most think these events are a good effort on the part of the team and I agree. Let's not take the thread in the direction of "I can't believe some people feel (such and such)...". Are you going? If so, enjoy!

I just noticed this thread for the first time this morning, so I didn't really take note of when the posts were made.

- Scott

v00d00daddy
11-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Apparently some people can't just go and have a good time. They have to belittle people to make themselves feel better.

I can't understand why some of you guys are so hell bent on alienating people.

Enjoy the party and don't forget your pom poms.

ps..Roogsy..you're absolutely right and I should have taken the higher ground but it needed to be said. Again...the "there is only one way to be a true supporter" sentiment has shown itself.

Shakes McQueen
11-12-2009, 09:58 AM
They have to belittle people to make themselves feel better.

Enjoy the party and don't forget your pom poms.

The (continuing) irony. It burnsss us.

- Scott

Roogsy
11-12-2009, 09:59 AM
LOL! When someone gets called out like that, I would expect a reaction Voodoo...that's just how things happen on these boards. That's why when I saw Shake's post, I worried we'd head back in that direction.

Listen friends...we all love TFC and we all spend our hard earned money on them. When something goes wrong with the team, like it obviously have, people vent their frustrations. Other people prefer not to. That's a choice.

But let's try to remember we all scream our lungs out at every game and want this team to succeed. We're in the same boat. Let's stop calling each other out. I agree with Voodoo...this "better supporter" attitude has to stop...on both sides.

So let's cut off anymore negativity regarding this party. The people who are going, have fun! The people who aren't...have fun watching CSI...it's the final episode of this week's "all CSI trilogy" series.

v00d00daddy
11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
The (continuing) irony. It burnsss us.

- Scott

It's not irony when I preface it by saying that I should have taken the high ground.

Congratulations. Your holier than thou attitude has brought out the worst in me.

Roogsy
11-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Ok...both of you have had your say. The next post gets an infraction guys. Come on.

v00d00daddy
11-12-2009, 10:02 AM
LOL! When someone gets called out like that, I would expect a reaction Voodoo...that's just how things happen on these boards. That's why when I saw Shake's post, I worried we'd head back in that direction.

Listen friends...we all love TFC and we all spend our hard earned money on them. When something goes wrong with the team, like it obviously have, people vent their frustrations. Other people prefer not to. That's a choice.

But let's try to remember we all scream our lungs out at every game and want this team to succeed. We're in the same boat. Let's stop calling each other out. I agree with Voodoo...this "better supporter" attitude has to stop...on both sides.

I know...and several posts/days back I posted that I sincerely hope that those attending this party have a good time. It's just not for me. I was quite content leaving it at that because that's how I feel.

That being said, Shakes and Parkdale felt it necessary to start up this stupid argument because they've convinced themselves that they're on high up, looking down at those of us who chose not to pay the "riff raff" tax.

What a joke.

v00d00daddy
11-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Ok...both of you have had your say. The next post gets an infraction guys. Come on.

nuff said

Shakes McQueen
11-12-2009, 10:06 AM

I didn't call out anyone. In fact, most time's when I'm referring to people's behaviour, I intentionally remain vague, specifically to avoid pissing matches with specific people.

And I didn't belittle anyone either - I made an observation that the same people who have a problem with this party, or that newspaper ad, are some of the same people who frequently talk about how little appreciation MLSE have for the fans of this club. If you aren't one of those people, then I'm not talking to you.

And talking about belittling folks, when your initial impressions about this event were to make condecending remarks about how people who attend these things are the reason we "get what we deserve", is precious.

But I've said my piece. Let's get this train back on the tracks.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
11-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Fine by me.

- Scott

Parkdale
11-12-2009, 10:39 AM
That being said, Shakes and Parkdale felt it necessary to start up this stupid argument because ....

I was trying to counter-point what shakes said.

anyway, let's end this discussion. The party is not for everyone.
(and I wasn't thinking of v00d00 or anyone specifically when I said 'riff raff tax'. Well maybe one guy.... ;)

Boris
11-12-2009, 10:48 AM
back to topic guys.......

Nodoubtguy
11-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I was trying to counter-point what shakes said.

anyway, let's end this discussion. The party is not for everyone.
(and I wasn't thinking of v00d00 or anyone specifically when I said 'riff raff tax'. Well maybe one guy.... ;)

I don't think Rohan is coming tonight.....

manic.street.preacher
11-12-2009, 11:04 AM
apparently you can win two ball kids from the silent auction

Globetrotter
11-12-2009, 02:21 PM
are they going to allow autographing like in the first one? i think they (organizers) stopped allowing that for the pub nights?? i was at the original 90th and it was great, and i think the venue played a big role in that. I have my doubts about the new venue... might feel like you're trying to pick up some dudes if it's just mingling in the bar scene.

Parkdale
11-12-2009, 02:34 PM
are they going to allow autographing like in the first one? i think they (organizers) stopped allowing that for the pub nights?? i was at the original 90th and it was great, and i think the venue played a big role in that. I have my doubts about the new venue... might feel like you're trying to pick up some dudes if it's just mingling in the bar scene.

technically they said 'no autographs' for the first one.

they tend to turn a blind eye to that rule if someone is asking ONE player for ONE autograph, but when you get people asking EVERY player to autograph a DOZEN things.... it's just rude. The players don't want to tell someone like that to piss off, but it monopolizes all their time and keeps other fans from seeing them.

Carts
11-12-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm heading down early too...

Pub close to the restaurant for a pre-pint or two...???

Carts...

Nodoubtguy
11-12-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm heading down early too...

Pub close to the restaurant for a pre-pint or two...???

Carts...

Fox and Fiddle at Adelaide and John??

JonO
11-12-2009, 02:45 PM
hooters? Right next door and I hear they have good wings.... ;)

Globetrotter
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
technically they said 'no autographs' for the first one.

they tend to turn a blind eye to that rule if someone is asking ONE player for ONE autograph, but when you get people asking EVERY player to autograph a DOZEN things.... it's just rude. The players don't want to tell someone like that to piss off, but it monopolizes all their time and keeps other fans from seeing them.

I think you are massively confused :)

i believe the first one was advertised that you can and should get autographs. if you remember, they even announced it while at wegz... "ok go get those autographs"... absolutely EVERYONE was getting stuff signed. i had even made 8x10 cards/pictures that had the mls logo in the top corners, soccer balls in the lower corners, the players action pic nicely centered, and their name above the pic. they autographed below the pic. looks really really good. i still have 4 of them framed and autographed on my walls.

maybe you remember the pic of robinson and brennan (shot from behind waist up so you see their name/number) with the caption "captains" and signed by both. A nice one of the first goal while dichio is on the ground. You remember the gift pack we got at the end? they had the group scene after scoring the first goal? i had used that pic as well and had all active members from that day sign (obviously buddle et al weren't there), but no schmos like cunny got there hands on it.

everybody was signing that night, and im pretty sure it was an advertised incentive to get people to come!

pekduck
11-12-2009, 02:49 PM
have fun you toronto inhabitants ...

i'm in air transit during the party...

Carts
11-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Fox & Fiddle is good... Right by the venue, nice little pub...

I can't give anyone an exact time (as it depends on office, traffic home, ttc to area) so a pub is good - easy to sit a chill in there...

I'm heading downtown solo - I can chill in that pub alone if nobody else is there...

Cool...???

Carts...

Parkdale
11-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I'll head down to the pub too. Should be out of here around 5:00, kill some time there.

Nodoubtguy
11-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I'll head down to the pub too. Should be out of here around 5:00, kill some time there.

ditto.....should be down around 5:30ish

MUFC_Niagara
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
i'll be drinking road rockets in the PASSENGER seat, coming from Niagara! See you guys there!!!!

Carts
11-12-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm shooting for 5pm - but realistically guessing 5:30...

See ya there tonight boys!
Carts...

Pinkie
11-12-2009, 03:37 PM
i will be there as well-if i recall the fox has two stories...so i'm guessing first floor?

Nodoubtguy
11-12-2009, 03:43 PM
i will be there as well-if i recall the fox has two stories...so i'm guessing first floor?

yeah......or just listen for the rukus!!!

Parkdale
11-12-2009, 03:50 PM
yeah......or just listen for the rukus!!!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516Robu5qTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Bring the motherfuckin' ruckkus!

Parkdale
11-12-2009, 05:02 PM
and I'm out. see you there!

Pinkie
11-13-2009, 12:52 AM
I just got home...good times!!

Yagbod
11-13-2009, 01:56 AM
I had a great time as well. De Guzman, Amado, Garcia and Felinga were not there, but the rest of the team showed up and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

My wife and I had a great time, pictures, autographs and long-ish conversations with some: kudos to Serioux (hilarious), Robo (earnest and honest), Frei (genuinely excited to be there) Jimmie (who doesn't like Jimmie?) and Barrett, who looked like he could care less about being there or coming back next season, but could score goals on FIFA 10 with a crowd roaring. It was slightly ironic. Still, I wish him the best.

Poor Danny was swamped all night. I don't think he minded and was top of the class with everyone.

A good night for a good cause too.

Auzzy
11-13-2009, 02:19 AM
I wasn't expecting so many players to show up! Interesting about the ones that were missing. 3 of those are probably with their national teams. The 4th = 5% ? ;)

Jeffro
11-13-2009, 03:14 AM
Cool to see some of you boys at the fox! And glad I scammed my way into the party for a bit.... made my night at work a blast!

MUFC_Niagara
11-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I had a great time at the party. My favourite players to talk to were Robbo, O'Brien White, and Serioux. Barrett did seem disinterested. Cronin is a good guy too. Lots of autographs and pics! What a great event!!!

GlenM
11-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Awesome party!

Good times...

Rock Band with English Rachel, Edwards, DERO, Serioux...

I enjoyed talking to Frei, Edwards, DERO, Serioux, Cronin....

These guys are like us, normal, love to have a good time but know they're professionals at the same time.

Class acts all around.

Great event!

KUDOS MLSE!

GlenM

Ageroo
11-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I had a great time as well. De Guzman, Amado, Garcia and Felinga were not there, but the rest of the team showed up and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Good to hear about the good time.......JDG, Amado and Felinga are on National Team duty so that explains their absence.....Garcia who knows....

Wagner
11-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Pics??

MUFC_Niagara
11-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Robbo flew from Wales just for the party, the man is class.

Nodoubtguy
11-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Good times last night, will put up some pics later today.

Would like to thank Pinkie for doing my dirty work!!!

also missing from last night, Gabe Gala

Red CB Toronto
11-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Had a great time too, the Reds were great as well, talking with everyone, taking pics and signing autographs. Got pics of myself and Danny and Jimmy with the Voyageur Cup which was cool. In the end I ate too much and enjoyed every minute of it. Gabe Gala was busy yesterday as his U of T Varsity Blues were victorious in their CIS quarter-final against University of Victoria out west.

http://www.varsityblues.ca/news/2009/11/12/MSOC_1112094819.aspx

Pinkie
11-13-2009, 09:41 AM
also missing from last night, Gabe Gala

HAHAHAHA-the hunt for Gabe Gala was HILARIOUS...one day you'll get his autograph..

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 09:42 AM
yeah, it was some good fun. thanks for the pic too

Nodoubtguy
11-13-2009, 09:46 AM
HAHAHAHA-the hunt for Gabe Gala was HILARIOUS...one day you'll get his autograph..

Yay Kelly Fan Club!!!

sulfur
11-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Gala's out on the west coast at the CIS Championships with UofT. He set up the first goal in their 2-1 QF win yesterday afternoon.

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 09:50 AM
It was an excellent event, much like the kickoff party at the beginning of the year, access to the players was unrestricted and as I told someone (I forget who) last night, you just don't really get that opportunity with any other team in any sport.

Kudos to TFC for putting it on. And to the players for putting up with Carts and his picture-hounding! LMAO!

JonO
11-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Kudos to Burrito Boys for making an excellent 2:00 snack....

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 10:04 AM

LOL! What happened to you two at Circa? I made the rounds to grab a couple of ladies to bring them back and when I did, the two of you were gone?

JonO
11-13-2009, 10:09 AM
LOL! What happened to you two at Circa? I made the rounds to grab a couple of ladies to bring them back and when I did, the two of you were gone?
That's why it took you so long ;) .... couldn't figure out what happened to you so we went for food. I was pretty wiped at that point.

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 10:10 AM
LOL! Gotta work the club my man.

Funny enough, I wound up speaking to a music promoter and we wound up exchanging cards. Business is done everywhere!

Pinkie
11-13-2009, 10:12 AM

WHAT

you guys ended up going to Circa??? I should've stayed!! Oh well i'm pretty tired as it is so I can't even imagine how unproductive I would've been if I had stayed later...

Nodoubtguy
11-13-2009, 10:15 AM
WHAT

you guys ended up going to Circa??? I should've stayed!! Oh well i'm pretty tired as it is so I can't even imagine how unproductive I would've been if I had stayed later...

man....I should have stayed out longer, but I swear by 11:15 I was in bed, lights out. I'M OLD NOW!!!

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 10:16 AM

I had the last third of that giant burrito for breakfast. Hangover Helper, makes a great meal!

JonO
11-13-2009, 10:19 AM
too bad you never went for the large.... could have been lunch too. I swear I was breathing fire on the ride home. Hottest burrito ever!

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 10:20 AM
WHAT

LOL! We need you girly. That place was a sausagefest!!! It reeked of desperate boys...you know you're in trouble when there is no dress code in the club and there's a bunch of 19 year old "gangstas" walking around with red NY Yankee baseball caps hitting on any girl that came across them. Hurting!

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 10:26 AM
...you know you're in trouble when there is no dress code in the club...

hey, not all of us were sporting the pin stripe suits.
but you're right, it was a dude's night out.

reminds me why I don't like 'hip hop night' at big clubs.
It was a bunch of nerdy white hipsters playing e-crunk off their macbooks. blargh.

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 10:27 AM
hey, not all of us were sporting the pin stripe suits.
but you're right, it was a dude's night out.

reminds me why I don't like 'hip hop night' at big clubs.
It was a bunch of nerdy white hipsters playing e-crunk off their macbooks. blargh.

Bru-tal.

BTW...I didn't feel overdressed at the TFC party. I was there for business and came directly from work.

But boy was I overdressed at the club. I could've been wearing shorts and sandals and still fit in.

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 10:49 AM
side note:

Carmello (the bald trainer guy) is a really cool dude. All the training staff were really nice guys. I guess they don't often get supporters talking to them, so maybe the seem a bit reserved, but if you say hello and shoot the shit, you'll find out they're all pretty good to talk with.

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 10:54 AM
The trainers are awesome guys!

Fans of the team.

Regular guys.

A little shy yeah.

Carmello obviously became a legend when he got thrown out of the game. BOOYA!

Carts
11-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Bru-tal.

BTW...I didn't feel overdressed at the TFC party. I was there for business and came directly from work.

But boy was I overdressed at the club. I could've been wearing shorts and sandals and still fit in.

Nah, me and you looked good at the club!

Carts...

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 10:58 AM
one last word: ProHo

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Work it girl!

Carts
11-13-2009, 11:01 AM

LOL...

Pinkie
11-13-2009, 11:06 AM

did she end up scoring

not to sound mean but god she was brutal

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 11:17 AM
did she end up scoring

she had nice boots though. Hmm.... maybe Kim would like a pair of white leather stiletto boots for christmas?

v00d00daddy
11-13-2009, 11:37 AM
What happened to the thread started about the negative vibe one party goer from TFC staff about Mo?

Why is that being put in the dark?

IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I'VE EVER SEEN ON THESE BOARDS and it got thrown into the members only thread.

Why?

That topic should be discussed here, Usector, NEE, Big Soccer...everywhere.

That is what supporters need to know about. Who cares if the front office gets uspet about it.

The air needs to be cleared sooner than later.

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Private conversations need to be kept private. If you'd like to hear about that conversation, PM TFC Niagara and he can decide what to share.

But we cannot permit public posting of private conversations. How would you feel if a Private Message you sent someone was posted publicly for all to see?

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 11:40 AM
she had nice boots though. Hmm.... maybe Kim would like a pair of white leather stiletto boots for christmas?

:lol:

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
What happened to the thread started about the negative vibe one party goer from TFC staff about Mo?

Why is that being put in the dark?

because it's sensitive information, and the original poster was told things in confidence. He is revealing some of the info, without naming names or giving exact quotes, and he's probably concerned about protecting his source and the integrity of his relation with that source.

besides... membership has it's privileges.

billyfly
11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Who won the Canada Goose jacket?

v00d00daddy
11-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Private conversations need to be kept private. If you'd like to hear about that conversation, PM TFC Niagara and he can decide what to share.

But we cannot permit public posting of private conversations. How would you feel if a Private Message you sent someone was posted publicly for all to see?

Okay. I see your point there. That being said, I doubt Niagara was the only person to glean that kind of information and get that vibe from the players and staff.

No need to be specific with who said what but not talking about it at all does more harm than good in my opinion.

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Who won the Canada Goose jacket?

Dunno but some jerk outbid me for the Esquire watch! I wanted it!

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I doubt Niagara was the only person to glean that kind of information and get that vibe from the players and staff.

you are correct, and when we look at the big picture... it isn't exactly 'news' to any of us that mo creates divisions wherever he goes.

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Okay. I see your point there. That being said, I doubt Niagara was the only person to glean that kind of information and get that vibe from the players and staff.

No need to be specific with who said what but not talking about it at all does more harm than good in my opinion.

Believe me, we want info like this to get out. But privacy issues also have to be addressed.

And sometimes, too much info getting out hurts the cause. If players or management read something on here (which they do fairly often) that causes more strife at our team, do we want that?

Nodoubtguy
11-13-2009, 11:48 AM

I lost on the DeRo used kit by $20.....

v00d00daddy
11-13-2009, 11:48 AM
because it's sensitive information, and the original poster was told things in confidence. He is revealing some of the info, without naming names or giving exact quotes, and he's probably concerned about protecting his source and the integrity of his relation with that source.

besides... membership has it's privileges.

That's fine. I appreciate that being a member makes you privy to lots of things the average supporter doesn't get to see. The only problem is that, TO ME, this begins to look a lot like a SG that is content with assisting the club in hiding the warts that it has.

Not meant to call out the club...but the information that some of you guys are privy to could really help to identify/confirm and EXPOSE the real problem(s) with this club.

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
That's the problem Voodoo. We have to watch what we are privy to and what we reveal. Lack of discretion would only ensure we lose those privileges and then the information becomes all that much harder to obtain for the average fan.

Boris
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
That's fine. I appreciate that being a member makes you privy to lots of things the average supporter doesn't get to see. The only problem is that, TO ME, this begins to look a lot like a SG that is content with assisting the club in hiding the warts that it has.

Not meant to call out the club...but the information that some of you guys are privy to could really help to identify/confirm and EXPOSE the real problem(s) with this club.

with that said though...many of the convos are off the record and should be kept as so. If that info ends up being public then youll see less chances for us to talk to them...TRUST ME

v00d00daddy
11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
That's the problem Voodoo. We have to watch what we are privy to and what we reveal. Lack of discretion would only ensure we lose those privileges and then the information becomes all that much harder to obtain for the average fan.

with that said though...many of the convos are off the record and should be kept as so. If that info ends up being public then youll see less chances for us to talk to them...TRUST ME

Yes...but what good does it do if they talk to you guys and nobody but you guys knows about it?

I respect the position you guys are taking with this...I just don't agree with it. I think you're passing up on a great opportunity to expose the shitty things at TFC.

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 11:59 AM

when no one came up with the ticket for the signed montreal photo, Jim passed it to me like he was just going to start giving it out. hahaha... I should have taken it an ran!

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 11:59 AM
While we are not "journalists", the concept behind the ethics are the same in my opinion. For example, John Molinaro didn't spill the beans about his sources but he did give us enough to know that something was amiss.

Sometimes, people have to trust the fella beside them that he is not leading them astray. When believable RPBs tell you they know of issues with the team, sometimes you have to take their word at face value. The sources on this website have continuously shown to be reliable for the most part if not always 100% correct. Beyond that, we risk relationships, friendships, jobs by being less than discreet.

Boris
11-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Yes...but what good does it do if they talk to you guys and nobody but you guys knows about it?

I respect the position you guys are taking with this...I just don't agree with it. I think you're passing up on a great opportunity to expose the shitty things at TFC.

we are NOT the media, we have no reason to 'break' any news....also we can put peoples jobs on the line.
We have seen issues raised here on the boards get back to management and the blood of the innocent were ready to flow.

Again, if it was something from a news conference we can go nuts about it, but in terms of personal info, its best kept personal.

Smuttynose
11-13-2009, 01:30 PM

i don't know who you're talking about... but who doesn't want white leather stiletto boots?? yes please!!

:D

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 01:36 PM
it's a gift for both of us :D

sidentoe: I jsut saw Marvel Wynne at the grocery store. he didn't call me a racist this time.

JonO
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM

As long as you're not wearing them..... :puke:

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
thanks jono, I needed the laugh.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DR-8HvuSmxY/SAKKt4yzJuI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/Va67YLEb8gM/s320/BarneyBikini.gif

Wagner
11-13-2009, 01:53 PM

sidentoe: I jsut saw Marvel Wynne at the grocery store. he didn't call me a racist this time.

Wynne lives in Parkdale??

canadian_bhoy
11-13-2009, 01:57 PM
So was last night fucking awesome or what?

JonO
11-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Jes. Jes it was... sorry you couldn't be there....

Roogsy
11-13-2009, 01:58 PM
I am having trouble remembering portions of it.

I do remember Workie grinding on me, that's how the evening started degrading at one point.

Oh crap Workie! He's gotta the worst of the lot this morning... :eek: Did he even make it home? LOL!

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Wynne lives in Parkdale??

now, by my office (which is in "Liberty Village", right next to parkdale)

Nodoubtguy
11-13-2009, 02:00 PM

lol....I was just telling my sister about Marvel and the party.....

canadian_bhoy
11-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Jes. Jes it was... sorry you couldn't be there....

Me too. I really wanted to go.

On the bright side, I got to go to my first shmoozy advertising party. Then ditch it because I was too cool. Just found my credit card. thought I lost it at the bar.

Smuttynose
11-13-2009, 02:07 PM
thanks jono, I needed the laugh.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DR-8HvuSmxY/SAKKt4yzJuI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/Va67YLEb8gM/s320/BarneyBikini.gif

:frown2:

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 02:11 PM
lol....I was just telling my sister about Marvel and the party.....

marvell to barrett: "Hey Chad, whats my favorite word?"
barrett to marvell: "I don't know"
marvell to barrett: "No, what do I always call you?"
barrett to marvell: "A racist?"
marvell to all of us: "see, I call everyone a racist"

If there was an award for funniest TFC member, Wynne would win it easily.

Boris
11-13-2009, 02:12 PM
If there was an award for funniest TFC member, Wynne would win it easily.

he asked me where my dollar sign glasses were....i cant believe he remembers.

Parkdale
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
you should have told him that you had laser vision correction, so you don't need them anymore.

sulfur
11-13-2009, 03:32 PM
The $$ from the glasses went into his surgery?

KrazyKanadian
11-13-2009, 03:44 PM
did she end up scoring

Storytime!

Carts
11-13-2009, 03:50 PM
It was a scene man!

Carts...

English Rachel
11-16-2009, 09:51 AM
I didn't see any white stiletto boots... who was the proho? pm me.

Had to leave Circa when my friend Tone fell drunk over a couch (lol) but here are a few pics for you;

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs059.snc3/14653_336363730170_681975170_9744470_412250_n.jpg

English Rachel
11-16-2009, 09:53 AM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs059.snc3/14653_336363920170_681975170_9744498_8245913_n.jpg