PDA

View Full Version : Pozniak released

Ossington Mental Youth
11-03-2009, 08:23 PM
http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/archive/2009/11/03/29863.aspx
worth giving another try?

Oldtimer
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I for one would support getting Poz back, the only one from season 1 who's left that I would like to re-sign.

He's not a great player, but he's very versitile, and can cover almost any position reasonably well.

TFCtoMUFC
11-03-2009, 08:42 PM
I for one would support getting Poz back, the only one from season 1 who's left that I would like to re-sign.

He's not a great player, but he's very versitile, and can cover almost any position reasonably well.

Unless that statement doesn't include them what about Dichio and EDU!

billyfly
No offense to Chris who I met thru a mutual friend but is he really what we need? Quite a few of us complained about his play when he was here year 1.

rocker
why didn't he stick at San Jose, Chivas, Dundee, and Vancouver?

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
TFC tried to sign him before he went to Vancouver but they couldn't come to terms. Paul James seems to think he could be the answer at CB.

Shway
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM

Why cant we just get players who solely play one position and play it well?
rather than have a player who can play any position and play it reasonably?

im tired of these half-a-position players playing anywhere, and not playing the position right. (example Cronin, - arguably not his fault)

Oldtimer
11-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Unless that statement doesn't include them what about Dichio and EDU!

Dichio is retired and no way EDU would come back.

I meant of available players.

Oldtimer
11-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Why cant we just get players who solely play one position and play it well?
rather than have a player who can play any position and play it reasonably?

im tired of these half-a-position players playing anywhere, and not playing the position right. (example Cronin, - arguably not his fault)

There is a huge difference playing Cronin out of position and a true utility player. Poz is the latter. Because of the small rosters, every MLS squad needs at least 1 of them, or you end up playing Cronin out of position, Robbo in back, etc. A utility player fills in for missing players, and as he plays all positions decently enough, you don't end up with holes. However, if you play Robbo in D, you get a hole in the holding midfield, if you play DeRo as striker, you get a hole in attacking midfield, etc.

Cashcleaner
11-03-2009, 11:37 PM

He's not a great player, but he's very versatile, and can cover almost any position reasonably well.

I would definitely bring him back if I could. Like you said, versatile is the key word here. The guy can play D and the guy can play Mid. Agreed, he's not stellar, but his experience could certainly help anchor the back line.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-04-2009, 04:45 AM
no disrespect to poz.....but there is a reason why he's not on a club right now...

I'll pass....

TFC_Junky
11-04-2009, 07:56 AM
no thanks.

STB
11-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Poz or Velez.... I would pick Poz

Poz or Garcia.... I would pick Poz

Sounds like an alright backup to me..............

felipe
11-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Never mind, he's not good enough - honestly

SoccMan
11-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Well if Poz is so versatile and so usefull then why has he not been able to stick with one team for more than one season. Poz is old news for TFC let's start getting players that are masters of their positions. Let's remind people what it is that this teams needs. We need a good center back, a stiker, and a good wide midfielder. This is what we need, let us stop wasting our time and money on players like Poz. The writing is on the wall for a guy like Poz, all these teams in such a short span of time and he keeps getting released, it's time for him to hang up the boots and join the 9 to 5 world unfortunately.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-04-2009, 10:07 AM
a couple good wide midfielders, i dont know who we have on the right, let alone on the left, unless they start playing Gala in one of those positions, even then we need back ups.

v00d00daddy
11-04-2009, 10:26 AM
I would like to see Poz back in a depth role. Not really starting material imo but I like the guy.

Funny story about Poz.

When the CMNT played Costa Rica at BMO a couple of years ago I was at the game and checking out the play from the beer garden.

DeRo scored that cracker of a goal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9o3t3LtxWM&feature=related

At the time Poz was warming up on the north touch line right in front of me. I yelled out "Hey Poz....that's the kind of winger we need....not Andy fucking Welsh"

He looked over at me...laughed and nodded in agreement.

Never thought at the time that DeRo would be a red.

Good times.

Hitcho
11-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I'd take him as a utility player. He's of more value to us than other MLS sides because he is Canadian. But it would have to be on the rigth salary to minimise cap space imapct for starting players. not sure if an agreement could be reached there.

Pachuco
11-04-2009, 01:08 PM
oh lord. Pozniak? wow. Pozniak is by no means the solution to the problem. We have enough guys who aren't starters, we need starters who can defend and put the ball in the net. And we have a great utility player in Cronin.

nimamalek
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
if we're going to play a player out of position, I'd put Robo at CB.

Oldtimer
11-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Poz is not as bad as some of you think. He's not a Reda or Braz (neither of whom had the quality we need). When he played defence, for example, he did not do Velez/Garcia type mistakes.

He was never released by TFC, he was grabbed in the expansion draft.

I agree he's a depth player, but we need his versatility. Currently we have no-one who can step in to cover for an injury or absence like he can.

I_AM_CANADIAN
11-04-2009, 02:28 PM
He's useful, but we should be aiming much higher. Hopefully he can find a new club.

VPjr
11-07-2009, 11:42 AM
why didn't he stick at San Jose, Chivas, Dundee, and Vancouver?

San Jose - Yallop decided he didn't give them enough to justify a senior international roster spot (I think Yallop is right)

Chivas - exact same problem

Dundee - he was fine over there....it came down to Money and the fact that Dundee is (how do you put it nicely) a somewhat unnattractive place to live

Vancouver - bit shocking because I thought he played pretty well for them. Probably a money thing and, with the whole TOA issue up in the air, maybe this was a mutual decision.

I think he's still repped by Barry Maclean. I can see him back in Toronto serving as a backup CB. He'd be ALOT better than Velez was and less of a liability than Garcia. Plus he fills a Canadian roster spot.

Canadian Blue
11-07-2009, 03:43 PM
the only one from season 1 who's left that I would like to re-sign.

Judging my the fact that we can't score and he has been scoring latey I would bring Buddle back

woolly
11-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I would bring Poz ack in a heartbeat... you guys forget that we played wiht only 21 men on a 24 man roster.

There will always be a demand for quality bench players.

Pachuco
11-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I would bring Poz ack in a heartbeat... you guys forget that we played wiht only 21 men on a 24 man roster.

Right, 21 men out of a 24 men roster. Those 21 men were possibly the worst team in all of MLS history. And Poz wasn't even considered a starter on that team.

So explain to me how a sub on the worst team in MLS history with a short roster would be a good addition for a team that is much improved? Our bench guys should be the quality of last year's starters if we want to make the playoffs this year.

Blizzard
11-10-2009, 12:27 PM

Agreed. I'd welcome him with open arms.

MartinUtd
11-10-2009, 12:46 PM
He'll probably end up in Montreal

mighty_torontofc_2008
11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
No to Poz coming back..he was never good for us to begin with thats why he was dumped and we do not need other teams rejects.