PDA

View Full Version : Beckham gone again!!

London
11-03-2009, 05:15 AM
back to milan for the winter

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=93264

Fort York Redcoat
11-03-2009, 07:55 AM
What a part timer.

Oldtimer
11-03-2009, 08:15 AM
No surprise there.

Eastend
11-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Short response, can't blame him and I'd do it too if I could.

flatpicker
11-03-2009, 08:40 AM
I thought the thread title was saying that Beckham was gone right now!
And he walked away during the playoffs! That would have been ugly.

But leaving after the MLS Cup? It's nothing knew.
Wasn't it already common knowledge that he would be returning to Milan?

Hitcho
11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
^yep, pretty much.

So if he's gone to Milan until the end of their season, and then straight to the world cup and England go far in the knock out stages, then once you factor in some kind of rest time old golden balls is going to miss another huge chunk of the MLS season in 2010. LAG can't replace him with someone who is only on the books for half a season, so it should hurt them.

Although, they won the Western Conference with him gone for almost that length of time this season.

Maybe we should send JDG on loan to Madrid until after the world cup?

nimamalek
11-03-2009, 09:48 AM
I really dont think this is a huge deal, I'm sure after the world cup this sort of thing wont be happening. If his national team coach respected the MLS more, he would have spent the year here. As it is, not many people in Europe respect the MLS so he has to prove himself in Italy. They did finish first in the West this year, didnt they?

I_AM_CANADIAN
11-03-2009, 09:53 AM
I thought the thread title was saying that Beckham was gone right now!
And he walked away during the playoffs! That would have been ugly.
But hilarious at the same time. :drinking:

He's pretty desperate to get to the World Cup, and Milan need all the help they can get, so it's no surprise.

MUFC_Niagara
11-03-2009, 11:23 AM

Exactly.

Blizzard
11-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Exactly.

Absolutely!

nascarguy
11-03-2009, 11:36 AM
good i hope he does not come back

Belfast_Boy
11-03-2009, 11:55 AM

ditto! I'd be doing it too if i could. great football player!

Gazza_55
11-03-2009, 03:34 PM
^yep, pretty much.

So if he's gone to Milan until the end of their season, and then straight to the world cup and England go far in the knock out stages, then once you factor in some kind of rest time old golden balls is going to miss another huge chunk of the MLS season in 2010. LAG can't replace him with someone who is only on the books for half a season, so it should hurt them.

Although, they won the Western Conference with him gone for almost that length of time this season.

Maybe we should send JDG on loan to Madrid until after the world cup?

Sure they can. Becks only counts $200k against the cap when he joins during the summer transfer window. He is not even on their official roster until then. Therefore, LA can pay a player $200k for the first part of the season then cut him or trade him to make room for Goldenballs

kodiakTFC
11-03-2009, 03:42 PM
The guy must love the game because he plays year round on two teams.

Hitcho
11-03-2009, 04:33 PM
I really dont think this is a huge deal, I'm sure after the world cup this sort of thing wont be happening. If his national team coach respected the MLS more, he would have spent the year here. As it is, not many people in Europe respect the MLS so he has to prove himself in Italy. They did finish first in the West this year, didnt they?

Not sure about that. The MLS off season is very long and he'd be left going into the WC pretty raw compared to the rest of the squad.

Besides which it's got nothing to do with Capello's respect levels. The bottom line is that MLS as a league is light years behind the likes of Serie A and the EPL. There's no way part of an MLS season can even compare to top leagues in terms of preparation for the World Cup. I mean think about it - how many players from MLS will be there? And how many will be there from Serie A, La Liga and the EPL?

Do agree that this will be the last time though. Beckham will retire from international football after the WC and focus full time on LAG and his soccer academies.

rocker
11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
but Becks went to AC Milan and started right away... that's after playing in MLS in a half season and having some holidays. So MLS doesn't turn you into a pumpkin. I agree that it's more perception than reality. I think he'd be ok playing with LA in March/April/May and then heading off to the World Cup in June. But sometimes perception is more important than reality.