PDA

View Full Version : Seattle vs Houston

Bloor West FC
10-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Anybody watching this game? I know TFC is out but it should be a good match. I hope Houston takes it all. There ladies are hot!! :) Its on GOLTV channel 428 on Rogers.

troy1982
10-29-2009, 09:26 PM
I am watching.

MTomas
10-29-2009, 09:27 PM
expecting 36000 at QWest. Not bad

Redpunkfiddle
10-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Check the flag tifo. Rippling.

MTomas
10-29-2009, 09:31 PM
2 good chance from both sides early on

cementhead
10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
I,m watching it but just get me more piss off because it not us!

wzhxvy
10-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Hainault nice....would have been nice if we had him

cementhead
10-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Fight Night!LOL

wzhxvy
10-29-2009, 09:43 PM
nice...good action...Onstad tough man lol

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-29-2009, 09:45 PM
everybody standing..nice to see

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-29-2009, 09:46 PM
do away goals count in MLS??

wzhxvy
10-29-2009, 09:56 PM
yes i think so

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-29-2009, 10:03 PM
yes i think so

just heard they dont count

Dub Narcotic
10-29-2009, 10:05 PM
That Onstad hair....

mastermixer
10-29-2009, 10:05 PM
This game just shows how good an MLS game could be to watch when you play as a team.
We deserve better dammit!!

Bloor West FC
10-29-2009, 10:09 PM
the fans seem really quit tonight. Its funny how everybody is standing in the 100 level. Oh off the cross bar. Come on Houston pick it up!!!!

TorCanSoc
10-29-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm watching. Somebody has to tell Onstad to stop letting his wife cut his hair. I've watched a few Seattle games during the season. The atmosphere seems quite good. Yeah, if Seattle makes it to the final (a la 2008 NY), then Qwest would be absolutely crazy. I kind of like Seattle, if for any reason just to see them pack that stadium with 70,000 green crazies for the final.

TorCanSoc
10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Is it me or are commercials funnier in the states?

TorCanSoc
10-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Did you catch that? A commercial for the LAG-CHV series. "Get tickets as low as $15". That's nuts.

james
10-29-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm watching. Somebody has to tell Onstad to stop letting his wife cut his hair. I've watched a few Seattle games during the season. The atmosphere seems quite good. Yeah, if Seattle makes it to the final (a la 2008 NY), then Qwest would be absolutely crazy. I kind of like Seattle, if for any reason just to see them pack that stadium with 70,000 green crazies for the final.

seattle sure has lots of fans and the stadium is probably as loud as BMO field, but they are also miced up like crazy, so the chants sound much more clear then they probably really are if you were at the stadium. You can tell at some points its really only 50 people singing but on TV they come across as very loud and perfectly clear because the mic is right next to the fans singing.

Tho that one chant "Seattle" "Sounders" its really easy but wow!! that is loud. THe whole stadium together on that chant.

james
10-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Check the flag tifo. Rippling.

i missed it, was it actually good? The best flag displays ive seen in MLS usually come from DC United.

Tho this year with are end year Dichio Banner id say we won Banner of the year in MLS.

Lennon
10-29-2009, 10:55 PM
lol everything about Seattle is so fake ... anybody catch those annoying sound makers some fans use on Dynamo corners/throw ins? I also saw "Corner Kick" being shown on the jumbotron ...

Go Houston ...

jwfm1985
10-29-2009, 11:03 PM
A lot of hating on Seattle going on - I think the crowd sounds pretty damn good, especially for MLS standards, very entertaining match

james
10-29-2009, 11:05 PM
A lot of hating on Seattle going on - I think the crowd sounds pretty damn good, especially for MLS standards, very entertaining match

Seattle is very loud nad one of the best atmosphere in MLS, its just Seattle has a shit load of sound effects tho to make it sound even louder then it is. More then any other team in MLS.

Ratven
10-29-2009, 11:06 PM
I have to say there was a shot on a free kick where you could see a the majority behind the Houston net clapping and jumping together and singing... like the equivalent of our entire south end.

sulfur
10-29-2009, 11:11 PM
I like how they've pronounced Hainault's name about 6 different ways in the last 5 minutes. :)

Nomad
10-29-2009, 11:12 PM
You can tell at some points its really only 50 people singing .......

Having been there i can tell you that this is not true.

james
10-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Having been there i can tell you that this is not true.

well it sounded like that. Maybe its the way the mic is but when i was watching this game in the first half i could here 1 guys voice clearly then followed by what sounded like maybe 40 or 50 people repeatting him. To here 1 guys voice so clear on TV there would have to be mics right next to them.

did you travel with TFC fans to seattle this season?

Nomad
10-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Yes.

TFC also places mics near supporter sections so they sound clearer on TV.

james
10-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Yes.

TFC also places mics near supporter sections so they sound clearer on TV.

some games, ive only ever really noticed it on CBC. Ive seen some other games on Sports Net or was that Goal TV??? i cant remember but there was no mics by our end. You could only here the drum, and loud but really muffled out chants which is probably more what you actually here when you are sitting at half field.

BRed
10-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Our high school stadium only allows for so much power...

james
10-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Our high school stadium only allows for so much power...

High schools in this county dont really have stadiums, they are lucky to have maybe 500 blecher seats!

Only in the states that i know of do high schools actually have a stadium.

TorCanSoc
10-29-2009, 11:37 PM
+1

No defensive panic-hoof'd long balls in the last 10 minutes of a game... what a concept. Game went back and forth. Plenty of build up. Lots of fire in both sides. Passionate, educated fans, what's all the hate'n about?

james
10-29-2009, 11:39 PM
going in to this game. They said Houston is 36wins 8 draws and 0 loses when tied 0-0 at half. Thats an inpressive stat right there.

I say Houston is gonna win this searies!

Gazza_55
10-29-2009, 11:44 PM
seattle sure has lots of fans and the stadium is probably as loud as BMO field, but they are also miced up like crazy, so the chants sound much more clear then they probably really are if you were at the stadium. You can tell at some points its really only 50 people singing but on TV they come across as very loud and perfectly clear because the mic is right next to the fans singing.

Tho that one chant "Seattle" "Sounders" its really easy but wow!! that is loud. THe whole stadium together on that chant.

Being at the stadium for opening and last week against Dallas I can tell you that it is loud. Much louder than any other MLS stadium I have been too. Granted I haven't been to the Home Depot Center but BMO, RFK, Gillete, Crew, Toyota, Giants stadium etc don't even come close.

Nomad
10-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Home Depot Center isn't that loud for either team.

Bloor West FC
10-30-2009, 07:59 AM
I find it funny how there whole 100 level is standing compared to our stadium, section 104 can't stand at all, only the away supporters behind them are allowed stand!! Thats when you know for sure our security have sticks stuck up there arse! Hopefully it gets better in our stadium next year!

brad
10-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Hopefully it gets better in our stadium next year!

It won't...

SoccMan
10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I was at a game in Seattle at Quest field this year. What I saw was the following: more fans are standing and chanting compared to BMO, I was sitting in a section I could compare to where my season tics are located at BMO(section 225) and it was much louder,more chanting where I sat at Quest compared to where I sit at BMO, section 225 is a morgue compared to where I sat at Quest and I was not sitting in a supporters type section. Everybody is actualy in their seats at game time in Seattle compared to BMO where the place is still empty at game time. There was about 30,000 people at the game at Quest and it looked like 30,000 not like BMO where game in game out they keep anouncing over 20,000 but you still see all the empty seats. People at Quest field in Seattle actualy stayed in their seats until the final whistle compared to BMO field where no matter the score BMO starts to empty out around the 75th. minute. Even the games I have seen on TV from Quest field compared to the ones I've seen on TV from BMO the atmosphere seems to be more exciting than BMO and you see less empty seats than you see on TV from BMO. However, next to Quest at least we are much better than most of the other MLS stadiums in terms of fan support and thats a good thing, but I think we can improve we have the potential.

Bloor West FC
10-30-2009, 09:48 AM
People arriving late and leaving early also has to do with the transit schedule for many. If they miss the train its an hour wait. But I hate to see empty seats to. I think and know Toronto is still the hardest place for away teams to play. Everybody talks about playing in Toronto.

SoccMan
10-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Well then if the train situation is the main reason why so many people leave early I hope there was a way that TFC could somehow maybe see if they could alter or have Go tweek the schedule a bit so that fans would not have to worry about missing a train and having to wait an hour, but I doubt that is even possible the more I think about it. It makes you wonder if BMO was not built so close to that Go station how would all those fans get to the game, or would they even come?

Vancity RED
10-30-2009, 10:07 AM
I watched a the start of the game and had to bolt after about 20 minutes. I really only have one word to describe my feelings whilst watching:

ENVY

On so many different levels. Is it wrong for me to feel that way?

mastermixer
10-30-2009, 10:14 AM
I was at a game in Seattle at Quest field this year. What I saw was the following: more fans are standing and chanting compared to BMO, I was sitting in a section I could compare to where my season tics are located at BMO(section 225) and it was much louder,more chanting where I sat at Quest compared to where I sit at BMO, section 225 is a morgue compared to where I sat at Quest and I was not sitting in a supporters type section. Everybody is actualy in their seats at game time in Seattle compared to BMO where the place is still empty at game time. There was about 30,000 people at the game at Quest and it looked like 30,000 not like BMO where game in game out they keep anouncing over 20,000 but you still see all the empty seats. People at Quest field in Seattle actualy stayed in their seats until the final whistle compared to BMO field where no matter the score BMO starts to empty out around the 75th. minute. Even the games I have seen on TV from Quest field compared to the ones I've seen on TV from BMO the atmosphere seems to be more exciting than BMO and you see less empty seats than you see on TV from BMO. However, next to Quest at least we are much better than most of the other MLS stadiums in terms of fan support and thats a good thing, but I think we can improve we have the potential.

BMO was like that in the first season. It certainly is not the same now. Let's see if Seattle can keep it going for a few more seasons.

mastermixer
10-30-2009, 10:16 AM
I watched a the start of the game and had to bolt after about 20 minutes. I really only have one word to describe my feelings whilst watching:

ENVY

On so many different levels. Is it wrong for me to feel that way?

I don't envy the fans, but I do envy the exciting play Seattle brings every game. If TFC can manage to play like this I think the fans will get much more excited about this team.

Vancity RED
10-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I, too, envy their style of play. I envy their team work. I envy their coach. I envy their management. I envy that they're in the playoffs and we're not. I envy the fact that, as already discussed, their fans are at their seats when the game starts, and I envy that they're still there at 90+. Ugh.

None of this changes the fact that I'm TFC 'til I die, I'm just sayin, ya know?

Sea Tac Sounder
10-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I, too, envy their style of play. I envy their team work. I envy their coach. I envy their management. I envy that they're in the playoffs and we're not. I envy the fact that, as already discussed, their fans are at their seats when the game starts, and I envy that they're still there at 90+. Ugh.

None of this changes the fact that I'm TFC 'til I die, I'm just sayin, ya know?

Thanks. We appreciate it. Like I said before, you're all welcome to cheer us on in the playoffs.

Look at the alternatives:

Galaxy? (hahaha would you root for Landycakes and Goldenballs)

Houston (Ok, so Onstad is your national team keeper and Hainault is on the Canadian national team as well, i'd forgive you for rooting for them but c'mon that Houston team is full of thugs)

New England (yeah right, empty stadiums and gridiron markings)

Chicago (i doubt you want to root for Blanco)

Chivas (I've got nothing to say here.)

Real Salt Lake (I'd excuse you for rooting for the underdog)

Clownbus (hahahha yeah right!)

So that leaves the Sounders, the one club in MLS that most closely resembles TFC,and whose DP has said many nice things about Toronto and we in Cascadia have more in common with Canada than most of America at least politically/culturally so.....hmmmm....

Gazza_55
10-30-2009, 10:33 PM
BMO was like that in the first season. It certainly is not the same now. Let's see if Seattle can keep it going for a few more seasons.

In 2011 (Seattle's 3rd season) Portland and Vancouver will enter MLS. 5,000 travelling fans added to 37,000 SoundersFC crowd - I think it will last.

Dirk Diggler
10-30-2009, 11:34 PM
In 2011 (Seattle's 3rd season) Portland and Vancouver will enter MLS. 5,000 travelling fans added to 37,000 SoundersFC crowd - I think it will last.

Not to mention Seattle's on field success with the MLS playoffs and the US Open Cup ... the question isn't about sustaining ... I have to believe they are at least thinking about opening up the second deck on a permanent basis. It is teams like TFC that have to worry about sustaining what they have currently because they have not provided the fans with any reason to come back.