PDA

View Full Version : Pub Crawls?

Pookie
10-29-2009, 08:04 AM
... has anyone heard if these events are a go for this year?

If so, bets on whether Sam Cronin and Brian Edwards are the only ones willing to show up and answer questions?

Carts
10-29-2009, 08:09 AM
... has anyone heard if these events are a go for this year?

If so, bets on whether Sam Cronin and Brian Edwards are the only ones willing to show up and answer questions?

Rohan Ricketts will be there...!!! :smilielol5:

Plus, Nick Garcia will be there in a desperate attempt to save his spot on the team...

Carts...

Pookie
10-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Ricketts shows up anywhere there is a camera. I swear, I see him in the background of some of our family photo shoots.

Jay P
10-29-2009, 08:11 AM
yes, there back on.

im in the photo w/ jimmy b on the tfc website advertising the pubcrawls lol

Nodoubtguy
10-29-2009, 08:11 AM
did anyone see Rickett's facebook status the day after the NYRB game??

A real leader faces the music even if he doesn't like the tune!

easy to say when you can't even make a team!!

Nodoubtguy
10-29-2009, 08:13 AM
yes, there back on.

im in the photo w/ jimmy b on the tfc website advertising the pubcrawls lol

hahahahaha....I can imagine what your saying to him....."I want you guys to move this team to Buffalo, because that's a city of winners"....:smilielol5:

Jay P
10-29-2009, 08:31 AM
hahahahaha....I can imagine what your saying to him....."I want you guys to move this team to Buffalo, because that's a city of winners"....:smilielol5:
Bills on a 2 game winning streak, Sabres 3rd in the eastern conference - BIG things going on in the Queen City Sal!!!!

olegunnar
10-29-2009, 08:36 AM
They should make Mo show up at these as part of the conditions of his probationary employment for 2009/2010

Nodoubtguy
10-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Bills on a 2 game winning streak, Sabres 3rd in the eastern conference - BIG things going on in the Queen City Sal!!!!

yeah, better then what we got right now....but we do have the Raptors with a perfect record so far

Jay P
10-29-2009, 08:48 AM
yeah, better then what we got right now....but we do have the Raptors with a perfect record so far

for now, all the heartbreak buffalo sports teams have provided set me up well to deal with TFC lol

Eastend
10-29-2009, 08:52 AM
There's a poll (started by a poll happy RPB?) on the TFC main page asking where should the pub crawls visit....

so far:
Burlington 33%
Richmond Hill 23%
Whitby 20%
Vaughan 14%
Newmarket 8%

Toronto_Bhoy
10-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Send Mo and Tom…

Klinsmann
10-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Ricketts shows up anywhere there is a camera. I swear, I see him in the background of some of our family photo shoots.

I saw Ricketts standing outside the stadium before the San Jose game too.

Red CB Toronto
10-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I am wondering if they are also going to have the 90 Minute Party like they did after the first season, It was a great time too.

Suds
10-29-2009, 09:14 AM
There's a poll (started by a poll happy RPB?) on the TFC main page asking where should the pub crawls visit....

so far:
Burlington 33%
Richmond Hill 23%
Whitby 20%
Vaughan 14%
Newmarket 8%

No Toronto or Scarborough option??? I'm guessing TFC is asking where in addition to Toronto people would like to see pub crawls? :confused:

canadian_bhoy
10-29-2009, 09:15 AM
I am wondering if they are also going to have the 90 Minute Party like they did after the first season, It was a great time too.

They should. They probably won't, but it was a great event in the first year.

Parkdale
10-29-2009, 09:19 AM
did they do one after the 2nd season? I don't think they did.

JonO
10-29-2009, 09:20 AM
^^ If I remember, Paul said the reason they were able to have it the first year (and not the second) was because they were eliminated from the playoffs so early they could plan it between end-of-season and players leaving TO.

Hopefully they've hired/consulted someone who can throw something together quickly. I can't imagine it would be that difficult...

KrazyKanadian
10-29-2009, 01:29 PM
They should have a real pub crawl, not this Carlsberg-sponsored plastic-wrapped Jack Astor's night. Grab all the players, give them all taxi chits for the ride home, and they walk with us from dingy pub to dingy pub, having pints at each stop.

canadian_bhoy
10-29-2009, 01:38 PM
did they do one after the 2nd season? I don't think they did.

Apparently the SG's also told the FO that we had nothing to celebrate in year 2 so the 90th min party would be silly. That plus the FO thought we'd make the playoffs.

That makes 2 miscalculations.

TFC Cityboy
10-29-2009, 02:24 PM
They should have a real pub crawl, not this Carlsberg-sponsored plastic-wrapped Jack Astor's night. Grab all the players, give them all taxi chits for the ride home, and they walk with us from dingy pub to dingy pub, having pints at each stop.

Much better format- didn't even see the players drinking last year at the Mississauga event.