PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Thursday,Oct.29.

denime
10-29-2009, 05:31 AM
Mornin,

The Kick about: Dude, Where's My Bandwagon? (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091028&content_id=7566214&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Brennan Has Unfinished Business (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091028&content_id=7564252&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Cummins Made Up His Mind Long Ago (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091028&content_id=7564014&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Marco2K
10-29-2009, 05:58 AM
good morning.

Damn brennan wants to play another year.

NExt thing you know Brennan Garcia, barret will all be back!!

ArmenJBX
10-29-2009, 06:57 AM
good news about brennan :D

Mikey
10-29-2009, 07:02 AM
LOL at the weak apologist crap posted on the kickabout page....divide and conquer baby!!!!

Menelaos
10-29-2009, 07:05 AM
I LOVE the first article.
Quite a few people around here need to read it.

Great news about Brennan imo.

scooter
10-29-2009, 07:13 AM
mornin d

heh jimmy brennan i wan a know how you scored that goal
great news

article by asif is spot on -- he used to be one of the ticket reps and has moved on - sounds like lots more good articles to come from him in the future - he is a soccer fanatic

koryo
10-29-2009, 07:39 AM
I was hoping that Brennan was done.

keem-o-sabi
10-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Coed 1 (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/) and 2 (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/miss-coed/)

Lucky Strike
10-29-2009, 08:03 AM
I was hoping that Brennan was done.

He is done, he just doesn't know it yet. :D

Shaughno
10-29-2009, 08:12 AM

It's a good article no doubt, but if you just let shit happen... nothing will ever change. That doesn't mean you have to stop supporting the team, but if nothing improves, why should I continue to buy season tickets at an overinflated price when I can support them from home on the TV? Or on the road where the support is much more needed.

Be proud of the club you support, but that doesn't mean you have to blindly follow them with no criticism towards those who have faltered.

CoachGT
10-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Te be a true supporter you have to go through some heartbreak.

billyfly
10-29-2009, 08:45 AM
I am gratified to know that I am not alone in feeling so strongly about this. Perusing through the Toronto FC supporters' message boards, the one thread that represents how I feel best was posted by a Red Patch Boys member named "prizby." His entry is as follows:

Hahahahah Prizby!

billyfly
10-29-2009, 08:47 AM
"After losing a must win for the playoffs match 5 - nil to a team playing FOR PRIDE, there has to be a reckoning. I'm a supporter in Buffalo, and as much as I love getting to a few games a year, I'd hate to have to devote all of my football passion back to FC Barcelona. Or worse... Thierry Henry might be going to the Red Bulls... and they're at titularly (sic) a NY team... with a new and potentially glorious stadium for next year... plus I do get MSG... Like I said, a reckoning."

Oh I think I know who this is....

billyfly
10-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Moral of the story - lots of people read these boards.

Joe Kool
10-29-2009, 08:49 AM

...and when your team does win something it makes it that much sweeter because you have been through the lows with them so more reason to celebrate when they are on a high.

DOMIN8R
10-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Although I agree with most of the principles argued in the TFC sponsored article, I must say that I find it deeply offensive to read a "how to be a supporter" article from a Toronto FC paid uniformed manservant.

We should all be offended by the team management and staff trying to enter into the argument on whether to support your team blindly or show dissatisfaction through dissent.

I mostly agree with those who sit in the "suporters no matter what" camp.

But as Voltaire said: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

We don't need manageement to chime in and tell us how to think. They should reallocate these and other surplus resources (staff wrtiters) to improving the team rather than meddling in our affairs.

Just when I start thinking that our franchise understands we supporters - they go and do this.

Here's my supporter sponsored reply toToronto FC's or supossedly Asif Hossain's article.

We'll do our job. You (TFC) do yours.

Shaughno
10-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Although I agree with most of the principles argued in the TFC sponsored article, I must say that I find it deeply offensive to read a "how to be a supporter" article from a Toronto FC paid uniformed manservant.

We should all be offended by the team management and staff trying to enter into the argument on whether to support your team blindly or show dissatisfaction through dissent.

But as Voltaire said: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

We don't need manageement to chime in and tell us how to think. They should reallocate these and other surplus resources (staff wrtiters) to improving the team rather than meddling in our affairs.

Just when I start thinking that our franchise understands we supporters - they go and do this.

Here's my supporter sponsored reply toToronto FC's or supossedly Asif Hossain's article.

Amen.

I like how he uses Liverpool as his 'heartbreak' compared to United. :lol: What a joke, there are just as many Liverpool bandwagoners as any other club... actually probably safe to say MORE than most other teams.

Anyway, we support the club. We pay our dues and because of this, we have every right to be dissatisfied with the product on and off the pitch. To go along with that, we also have the right to VOICE that dissastisfaction to others, the club and the players.

Ask some of the Balkan teams what it's like to have supporters show up to your practice and scare the shit out of the players to ensure they are going to perform. Not everyone agrees with that tactic, but as supporters they have the right to demand the best from their team. Just like we have that same right.

wzhxvy
10-29-2009, 09:06 AM
I can question Jimmy's motivation to return, but if I hold that thought for a second, this assumes TFC want him back.

wzhxvy
10-29-2009, 09:09 AM

Absolutely agree ! I do feel bad for poor Asif (he was my account rep), he is new to job and looking to impress his leadership...this story is just bad timing for him.

nimamalek
10-29-2009, 09:10 AM

WOW, that first article is horrible! Pretty funny its linked from the TFC home site.

Menelaos, I think people like you are main problem with Toronto sport teams, you and people like yourself are completely missing the point. This is not about bandwagons this is about an organization being committed to winning and caring about its fan base. I doubt NewCastle fans are paying more this year then they were last year when their team was in the EPL. MLSE on the other hand has given us a piss poor product over the last 3 years, yet they've somehow seen it fit to double the price of our season tickets. When TFC tickets are the same price as Leaf tickets how many "true fans" will be in the south end? It will be corporate douchbags entertaining their clients, similar toLeaf games.

If TFC does not make the playoffs next year and they somehow decide to raise ticket prices again I will turn in my tickets and go back to watching Toronto Lynx games. I love TFC but i'm not going to be a cash cow for an organization that doesnt give a shit about me, they have enough people like yourself that will fill the void.

CoachGT
10-29-2009, 09:18 AM
I believe there are more people like prizby in RPB than not. I can name a few dozen without thinking too hard about it. Start with the guys that went to games on the road, not only to NY but to the other games, too.

The supporters have every right to be angry with the result. But that doesn't mean they aren't still supporters.

The lesson here is maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read on a message board, especially in the public sections.

DOMIN8R
10-29-2009, 09:26 AM
I believe there are more people like prizby in RPB than not. I can name a few dozen without thinking too hard about it. Start with the guys that went to games on the road, not only to NY but to the other games, too.

The supporters have every right to be angry with the result. But that doesn't mean they aren't still supporters.

The lesson here is maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read on a message board, especially in the public sections.

Truer words have never been spoken. The vocal minority on the RPB public side create the illusion/impression that many are prepared to demontrate their dissatisfaction. When it couldn't be further from the truth. In my opinion, these registered users are in the minority by a large margin.

Auzzy
10-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Look who's getting a special honour this week: "Mo joins big names in SFA Hall of Fame" http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2533525.0.mo_joins_big_names_in_sfa_ha ll_of_fame.php (http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2533525.0.mo_joins_big_names_in_sfa_ha ll_of_fame.php)

About the TFC article -- I agree Asif's piece was WAY out of line. Similar to what I mentioned in the other board thread (which Asif quotes in his article):

- Wrong person to write it (Asif is paid by TFC & GOL TV, also owned by MLSE of course)
- Wrong web site
- WRONG FRICKIN WEEK!!! (after the garbage we've seen & heard, on & off the field)

I mean, let the supporters ("real" AND "casual") lick their wounds for a while, will ya? There's enough discussion of this never-ending topic on all the supporter's boards. If Asif wants to start the 999th thread about it, he can make up his own anonymous RPB login name and see how it goes on here.

Of course the comparison with Liverpool is a joke. How about him comparing support for his own brother, with support for a 3-year old corporate entity?

Of course I & many others see TFC as much more than that. But Asif has gotta know, we're nowhere close to getting 20k hardcore supporters per week (plus the many tens of thousands of TV viewers required to really make this club & league successful in the long term). I want success for the team, especially for the benefit of the the hardcore supporters, but also to attract "fans" in the stadium & on TV. That's good financially for the club & the league (-> especially, long term more money for player salaries). And a good way to turn someone into a "supporter" is to get them interested, by having a good team, on & off the field.

Despite being pissed off by what I saw from TFC this week (and other times during the season), I never thought of abandoning TFC. I'm already looking forward to next season, and any good news we may hear in the meantime. But I don't want their corporate website telling me I'm a bad supporter if I withdraw my "emotional or financial" support from the team.

I mean, get ALL your players, coaches, and the manager to support the team, and each other, 100% & unconditionally, before you go ragging on about the right kind of supporter, FFS!!!

olegunnar
10-29-2009, 09:38 AM

I agree with the first part. Sometimes the RPB public sections remind me of web forums like tripadvisor, or homestars or cruisecritic etc. etc. Where you have staff pretending to be anonymous customers in order to sway conversations/improve rating and reviews. Hell my company has mandated we all sign up for our twitter page and pose as customers posting positive comments.
I think a lot of people are far too naive about this board, and how taking advantage of web anonymity is a common business strategy.

The second part I disagree with. What does it take to get access to private sections here? $20. Is there a mandated meet and great, is everyone vouched for, does the leadership know everyone by handle?

I speak from experience because at one point I paid my $25 by emt and had private access here...yet no one knew me, knows what I do for a living or who I represent. The only difference in my status and behaviour here is the fact I didn't send an emt this year.

I think this comes full circle though to the first point. I think people are far too naive about how business manipulate the web for their best interests. A $20 membership fee isn't going to impact the "purity" of the group.

Roogsy
10-29-2009, 09:43 AM

QFFT!

That article is disgusting. MLSE/TFC should be ashamed for putting it up.

They get unrivaled support and this is what they put up? Supporters don't need the team to chastise them. We need the organization to do their job better...

This reads sort of like they have hurt feelings for being told they are doing a shit job. Here's a hint...grow some thicker skin. You don't pay US...we spend OUR money on YOU.

This article made me lose even more respect for this organization. It's an incredible slap in the face to people who pay your friggin' salaries.

DOMIN8R
10-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Olegunner,

I don't think that's what Gary meant anything regarding infiltration. Coach - is that what you were getting at?

On your other point -The membership process has changed. There is a verification process in place. It's not airtight - but it's good enough. And, most importantly - members are expected to contribute to the group in support of the team. Not just post or lurk on the board.

Fort York Redcoat
10-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I agree with the first part. Sometimes the RPB public sections remind me of web forums like tripadvisor, or homestars or cruisecritic etc. etc. Where you have staff pretending to be anonymous customers in order to sway conversations/improve rating and reviews. Hell my company has mandated we all sign up for our twitter page and pose as customers posting positive comments.
I think a lot of people are far too naive about this board, and how taking advantage of web anonymity is a common business strategy.

The second part I disagree with. What does it take to get access to private sections here? $20. Is there a mandated meet and great, is everyone vouched for, does the leadership know everyone by handle?

I speak from experience because at one point I paid my $25 by emt and had private access here...yet no one knew me, knows what I do for a living or who I represent. The only difference in my status and behaviour here is the fact I didn't send an emt this year.

I think this comes full circle though to the first point. I think people are far too naive about how business manipulate the web for their best interests. A $20 membership fee isn't going to impact the "purity" of the group.

I don't think you are the majority in that you want to remain uninvolved or distanced but want all the access. One usually leads to another. I know plenty who aren't members but I'd "vouch" for as good guys.

Roogsy
10-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Amen.

I like how he uses Liverpool as his 'heartbreak' compared to United. :lol: What a joke, there are just as many Liverpool bandwagoners as any other club... actually probably safe to say MORE than most other teams.

Anyway, we support the club. We pay our dues and because of this, we have every right to be dissatisfied with the product on and off the pitch. To go along with that, we also have the right to VOICE that dissastisfaction to others, the club and the players.

Ask some of the Balkan teams what it's like to have supporters show up to your practice and scare the shit out of the players to ensure they are going to perform. Not everyone agrees with that tactic, but as supporters they have the right to demand the best from their team. Just like we have that same right.

Agree 100%!!!

The ONLY reason people threaten economic sanctions or actions against their teams is because we can't get the organization's attention otherwise. I love buying my own team's merchandise. Shoot...people complain that I wear TFC too often. But I am completely willing to not buy something as a show of solidarity with fellow supporters to get the team's attention that change needs to happen.

Tell me Asif...without those measures...how else do supporters express their disatisfaction at a poorly run organization huh? There's no answer for THAT in your disgusting article is there?

CoachGT
10-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Olegunner,

I don't think that's what Gary meant anything regarding infiltration. Coach - is that what you were getting at?

Not at all. Just pointing out that the public sections are just that - public. Anyone can sign on without paying anything and make whatever comment they like. And it is visible to the public at large, as evidenced by the quotes drawn during the stuff with Columbus this year. People have and will continue to come in and make posts that are not necessarily agreed by or representative of the group at large. That's one of the reasons why there is a disclaimer at the top.

There is a lot of garbage posted in the public sections, as well as some very good content. Anybody reading the boards should keep that in mind, That's all.

C.Ronaldo
10-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Please Jimmy

for your own good and the good of the ream

RETIRE!

Dichio did it for us, so can you.

We need fresh blood, please realise this.

tfcleeds
10-29-2009, 09:57 AM
There are plenty of the type of "fan" Asif would like to see in this city - they're called Leafs fans.

olegunnar
10-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Olegunner,

On your other point -The membership process has changed. There is a verification process in place. It's not airtight - but it's good enough. And, most importantly - members are expected to contribute to the group in support of the team. Not just post or lurk on the board.

I wasn't speaking to "infiltration" it's too late for that. Also I was unaware of these new processes you talk about and was making a point member vs registered user isn't a really failsafe dividing mechanism since "membership" requires a login and a emt payment. At the same time I wanted to share my personal experience with "anonymous" online forums. Here's another one...I was booking meals reservations at an all inclusive earlier this year, but had to wait at the counter as the concierge was writing a "review" on trip advisor of the resort.

If one were to check my posting history I'm an advocate of a memebership only RPB website.

I'm not anti RPB....I'm pro supporters.

Roogsy
10-29-2009, 09:59 AM
There are plenty of the type of "fan" Asif would like to see in this city - they're called Leafs fans.

That's basically what TFC have signalled to us that they'd like us to be in my opinion. That's what this article is all about.

No thanks. I've suffered my whole life as a Leaf fan, I don't need to pick up another team to screw me over for my loyalty and money. This team is going to be held accountable if it kills me.

Suds
10-29-2009, 10:00 AM

Great points. As someone who works in the Social Media and Content Management space I can tell you companies are doing this more frequently. Companies are getting savvy to the effect information posted on the web through various sites has on their image and message.

I'm not claiming MLSE is doing this on our board. I have no proof of that.

But it is happening and companies are developing strategies and buying software that allows them to aggregate information on the web and allow them to shape the message. I know of a number of companies that have their marketing staff combing the the larger social sites posting information.

billyfly
10-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Come on guys - The only dicey about Asif's article was that he's MLSE and its posted on their site.

He is not saying anything that hasn't been argued a million times on this board and else where.

Bad timing and bad optics maybe, but the argument is the same. And TFCleeds don;t bring the Leafs into this pls.

Parkdale
10-29-2009, 10:02 AM

just FYI, we do check IP addresses and can tell who's who.
Yes mlse staff come here (why wouldn't they?) but they aren't
the ones leading/twisting/manipulating discussion with an egenda.

(like that? 'egenda' is a new term I just made up for an online agenda, like email)

billyfly
10-29-2009, 10:03 AM
^Brillant, brillant... (in my best English accent)

DOMIN8R
10-29-2009, 10:04 AM

(like that? 'egenda' is a new term I just made up for an online agenda, like email)

Right. I forgot about that. Good point.

Suds
10-29-2009, 10:07 AM

I'm glad you do .... and I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but you do know how easy it is to spoof an IP address, right? Companies do this all the time when researching their competitors sites.

Roogsy
10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Yes mlse staff come here (why wouldn't they?) but they aren't the ones leading/twisting/manipulating discussion with an egenda.

Not true!

There's this one "Parkdale" guy that I am sure is a MLSE staffer... :D

s2cazz
10-29-2009, 10:12 AM

if your angry its ok to turn your back on the team (atleast for a little while)... just don't turn to another...kinda like marraige lol

S_D
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM

Agreed. And my response to Asif whoever you are:

:dita:

We can think for ourselves thank you very much. We know a failure when we see one. We support the club, but some of us don't support management, 2 very different things.

Parkdale
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm glad you do .... and I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but you do know how easy it is to spoof an IP address, right? Companies do this all the time when researching their competitors sites.

Sure it's easy to spoof an IP. Piece of cake.

However, you have to cover your tracks. Log on ONCE from the wrong spot, and your cover is blown.

olegunnar
10-29-2009, 10:16 AM

We can think for ourselves thank you very much. We know a failure when we see one. We support the club, but some of us don't support management, 2 very different things.

Maybe send that message to TFC111 :rolleyes:

Roogsy
10-29-2009, 10:16 AM

BANG

ON!

:thumbsup:

Ageroo
10-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Right. I forgot about that. Good point.

This means you Hal.....;)

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/funny-pictures-your-cat-has-his-eyes-on-you.jpg

DOMIN8R
10-29-2009, 10:29 AM
BIG Red Patch Brother is watching.

Dave67
10-29-2009, 10:51 AM
if your angry its ok to turn your back on the team (atleast for a little while)... just don't turn to another...kinda like marraige lol

That's the way I see it. I sat out a game this year. Emailed my ticket rep with a list of why I was doing my one game protest. Didn't sell or giveaway the ticket, let it go unused. I didn't change teams, I just realised I only had one way left to make a point.

v00d00daddy
10-29-2009, 11:25 AM

Heartbreak will happen with every team. Ergo...every teams supporters are "true supporters".

That's not what we're talking about here. The question is whether or not to be critical of the club when they're not performing.

Some say yes. Others say no.

This TFC EMPLOYEE says...Shut up and take it. I know because I'm a Liverpool fan.

Thus...anyone who listens to this TFC EMPLOYEE is one hell of a follower.

Nuvinho
10-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Would Preki be a good candidate for our coach?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

CretanBull
10-29-2009, 11:59 AM
QFFT!

That article is disgusting. MLSE/TFC should be ashamed for putting it up.

They get unrivaled support and this is what they put up? Supporters don't need the team to chastise them. We need the organization to do their job better...

This reads sort of like they have hurt feelings for being told they are doing a shit job. Here's a hint...grow some thicker skin. You don't pay US...we spend OUR money on YOU.

This article made me lose even more respect for this organization. It's an incredible slap in the face to people who pay your friggin' salaries.

+1

How incredibly insulting, and the fact that they posted it shows once again how clueless they are.

denime
10-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Would Preki be a good candidate for our coach?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

Definitely, i would like to see Preki on TFC bench.
He would clean up the locker room from bad apples overnight.
downturn is that Guevara would have to leave,but looking long term,yeah Preki would be a good fit for TFC.

Sonny Cheeba
10-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Asif's a nice guy and all.... but i'd like to see him respond to this thread and posts in other threads that seem to bother him.

if people are willing to write about what we do on these boards, they should be willing to post here and have a conversation.

why did he even bother to talk about Liverpool? they're one of the most successful teams in the world, and he's using them to prove a point that he's a real footie supporter. hahaha.... what a joke. there are plenty of people who bandwagon on liverpool just so they don't look like glory hunters but they're not willing to dedicate themselves to Blackburn.

Mikey
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Come on guys - The only dicey about Asif's article was that he's MLSE and its posted on their site.

He is not saying anything that hasn't been argued a million times on this board and else where.

Bad timing and bad optics maybe, but the argument is the same. And TFCleeds don;t bring the Leafs into this pls.

Spot on!

Its a weak shit attempt to deflect the issues of consistently poor team management onto the age old argument on what a "real" supporter is.

Is anyone here really gonna fall for that? :picard:

Sonny Cheeba
10-29-2009, 12:43 PM
This thread has been viewed over 1500 times already today. I think that it's safe to say that posting the bandwagon jumping article was a public relations mistake.

ahahha hopefully he quotes you a couple of times in his next article.

DOMIN8R
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
ahahha hopefully he quotes you a couple of times in his next article.

My post was incorrect. I read the wrong statistics. I have since deleted my post.

Sorry for any confusion that I may have created.

jloome
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
It's so amateurish, I almost think it's sincere.

billyfly
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Asif's a nice guy and all.... but i'd like to see him respond to this thread and posts in other threads that seem to bother him.

if people are willing to write about what we do on these boards, they should be willing to post here and have a conversation.

why did he even bother to talk about Liverpool? they're one of the most successful teams in the world, and he's using them to prove a point that he's a real footie supporter. hahaha.... what a joke. there are plenty of people who bandwagon on liverpool just so they don't look like glory hunters but they're not willing to dedicate themselves to Blackburn.

That didn't work so good for Paul (mlsintoronto)

billyfly
10-29-2009, 12:49 PM
It's so amateurish, I almost think it's sincere.

I think the same thing. Its not evil from "on high."

Sonny Cheeba
10-29-2009, 12:52 PM
My post was incorrect. I read the wrong statistics. I have since deleted my post.

Sorry for any confusion that I may have created.

737 times is pretty good... this thread doesn't usually go past one page unless there's something juicy

jloome
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
To me, the interesting line was this one, from the Cummins story:

-- the Reds boss said that the next coach will have to have MLS coaching experience and spoke briefly about the difficulties of getting permission from some other club presidents to talk to under-contract coaches.

Nicol anyone?

scooter
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM

holy fook

of course asif works for mlse but the article kind of sums up what a lot of people are feeling - thats his job as a reporter and the amount of reponses in this thread means he did do a great job he got people talking and discussing things

it sure is not news on this board that unhappy supposed supporters are going to boycott and walk away from the team. " threatening to pull support " has been discussed on these boards many times

of course the true supporters will bitch and moan and cry and whatever but next saturday we will be there ready to go again - or in this case next season

i do not have my head in the sand and for those of you who know me i am pissed at the results or lack of this year but what is done is done and its time to move on so we can start bitching and moaning about next year

i am positive the front office knows how pissed we all are just by the reactions over the last few days and can only hope that mo and company can turn things around over the winter and fill us all with piss and vinegar to ramp up for another year

come on you reds
:canada:<3:drum::flare::scarf::hump:

Dave67
10-29-2009, 01:45 PM
i am positive the front office knows how pissed we all are

Really? Is Mo gone?

BuSaPuNk
10-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Not at all. Just pointing out that the public sections are just that - public. Anyone can sign on without paying anything and make whatever comment they like. And it is visible to the public at large, as evidenced by the quotes drawn during the stuff with Columbus this year. People have and will continue to come in and make posts that are not necessarily agreed by or representative of the group at large. That's one of the reasons why there is a disclaimer at the top.

There is a lot of garbage posted in the public sections, as well as some very good content. Anybody reading the boards should keep that in mind, That's all.

That is why I'm starting to stay away from the Public section. It's become over run with garbage. That is the problem as well. These jouralists don't come on this forum and see who is posting. RPB member or just a registered user. They take anything and everything they see here are atribute it to us.

Plus I don't think they really understand the nature of footy supporters. We will always be here in some fashion. Going to away/home games, if not watching on TV. However we can only be pushed and ridiculed so much until the cash cow stops. Take away the $$ and MLSE will budge.

Beach_Red
10-29-2009, 01:55 PM
To me, the interesting line was this one, from the Cummins story:

-- the Reds boss said that the next coach will have to have MLS coaching experience and spoke briefly about the difficulties of getting permission from some other club presidents to talk to under-contract coaches.

Nicol anyone?

Did Seattle actually get permission to talk to Sigi? I seem to remember some talk about tampering, did anything happen?

Beach_Red
10-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Plus I don't think they really understand the nature of footy supporters. We will always be here in some fashion. Going to away/home games, if not watching on TV. However we can only be pushed and ridiculed so much until the cash cow stops. Take away the $$ and MLSE will budge.

Looking at the history of MLSE you don't have to stop the cash cow to get them to respond. Most of the examples will be with the Leafs because they've been around so much longer, but MLSE have actually done many things that Leafs fans demanded - most of the time when they probably shouldn't have.

Now, with TFC, it looks like MLSE have actually responded to a few of the supporters demands like grass and signing a DP and keeping Dichio with the organization and so on.

Keeping up the pressure will work.

Of course, supporters have to be smarter than Leaf fans and make the right demands or TFC will end up with the equivalent of Tie Domi and Darcy Tucker on long-term, well-paying contracts and veterans brought back long after they should have retired.

bee dubya
10-29-2009, 02:49 PM
^ Beach Red, if I'm not mistaken, Seattle had to pay compensation to Columbus for stealing Sigi.

C.Ronaldo
10-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Looking at the history of MLSE you don't have to stop the cash cow to get them to respond. Most of the examples will be with the Leafs because they've been around so much longer, but MLSE have actually done many things that Leafs fans demanded - most of the time when they probably shouldn't have.

Now, with TFC, it looks like MLSE have actually responded to a few of the supporters demands like grass and signing a DP and keeping Dichio with the organization and so on.

Of course, supporters have to be smarter than Leaf fans and make the right demands or TFC will end up with the equivalent of Tie Domi and Darcy Tucker on long-term, well-paying contracts and veterans brought back long after they should have retired.

like Brennan?

prizby
10-29-2009, 03:08 PM

I am gratified to know that I am not alone in feeling so strongly about this. Perusing through the Toronto FC supporters' message boards, the one thread that represents how I feel best was posted by a Red Patch Boys member named "prizby." His entry is as follows:

Hahahahah Prizby!

well i had a good laugh to see that i was in this.

Frankly I can't believe the way the arguement has stemmed here. The whole purpose of my post was not cuz I like what the FO has done or agree or disagree, or like the pricing scheme or any of that

Sure i was upset about losing to NYRB, but I still like my team through the bad and the good...its not about bandwagon jumping or anything, its just I am proud to say that I support Toronto

BuSaPuNk
10-29-2009, 08:28 PM

There's a big difference between Leaf fans and us as well. Leafs have a long standng history and a solid fan base that has lots of money and it shows. No matter how bleek it looks ACC will always be full.

Now TFC is just finshed it's third year. The fan base is probably about 50/50 supporters (members of SG's and just supporting fans) and then just the to do crowd. It's just not a great idea to poke the sleeping giant. They lose the supporters and the atmosphere in BMO the regular fans will move on. Horrible seasons, terrible play equals empty BMO. The place is a house of cards.

jazzy
10-29-2009, 08:58 PM

Where do you draw the line.....lets say if you were a leaf supporter? and were afraid here we go again? I for one go to every game but want some changes, just entertaining competition would be a first, not what I saw in NY. Honest work for a honest dollar. It's all very confusing right now, will th BS continue and I'll be saying exactly the same thing next year? With what I've heard about upper mgmt, I not optimistic, EG:, Cummins was never a coach but he and his family were screwed by MLSE, and I can't do anything about it, esp if I love soccer in this city.

jazzy
10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
like Brennan?

Like Barrett?

ArmenJBX
10-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Please Jimmy

for your own good and the good of the ream

RETIRE!

Dichio did it for us, so can you.

We need fresh blood, please realise this.

Fresh blood? Dude, I'm 17. I'm going no where.... :(

Whoop
10-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Geez. I missed this thread yesterday. Much more civil than the one on the main board. LOL

And billy Asif is saying... please be more like Leafs fans and take it up the hoop. To which I say no thank you. :D