PDA

View Full Version : Is Adrian Serioux Gone?

ArmenJBX
10-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Mo said he was a free agent. Does that mean he's no longer with the club, or just in the process of resigning? Just wondering. We can't afford to lose any more defenders if we don't have others lined up.

jloome
10-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Mo said he was a free agent. Does that mean he's no longer with the club, or just in the process of resigning? Just wondering. We can't afford to lose any more defenders if we don't have others lined up.

I believe he said he plans to offer him a new deal. I don't believe Serioux is composed enough to be a first-team player. Not sure he'd stay as a bench player.

sampace
10-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Adrian, played some good games, and had some not so good games when he played through injuries. He seems to always be battling some injury or other. As much as I like him when he is healthy, I would not mind him leaving, they need someone with experience who won't be injured all the time and who does not make as many D'OH mistakes on the field, as Adrian does!

billyfly
10-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I thought a lot more of Serioux before I got to see him play every game.

I wouldn't re-sign him.

arsenal
10-27-2009, 08:06 PM
AS long as Mo offers him a deal then TFC would retain his rights in MLS. Someone would have to trade to acquire his rights if he did not wish to resign with TFC.

ArmenJBX
10-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Cool. Thanks guys :D

poppamidnight
10-27-2009, 08:36 PM
AS long as Mo offers him a deal then TFC would retain his rights in MLS. Someone would have to trade to acquire his rights if he did not wish to resign with TFC.

Any info on when the date for this is?

...Do we need to submit something before expansion draft?

Hoping we don't...
but when you think about it ... it's not likely that he'd make our 11 protected list anyways, so meh.

arsenal
10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Any info on when the date for this is?

...Do we need to submit something before expansion draft?

Hoping we don't...
but when you think about it ... it's not likely that he'd make our 11 protected list anyways, so meh.

No clue. I just know that many players have been caught up with this rule in the past. He could be a valuable utility player (DM, RB, CB). Given his injury history it may be a wise move for him to accept that type of role and extend his career a little.

MUFC_Niagara
10-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Adrian, played some good games, and had some not so good games when he played through injuries. He seems to always be battling some injury or other. As much as I like him when he is healthy, I would not mind him leaving, they need someone with experience who won't be injured all the time and who does not make as many D'OH mistakes on the field, as Adrian does!

He's big, strong and aggresive. I'd like to se him re-sign but I agree that the lapses in concentration need to stop.

Wooster_TFC
10-27-2009, 08:50 PM
I believe his contract technically goes til the end of the season. I believe (as was stated by Mo) that Vitti is the only guy currently free, and therefore free from the expansion draft I think (unless we hold his MLS rights?), but that's another discussion...

InDa_110
10-27-2009, 08:58 PM
The best way to fix a broken fence is to demolish it and build a new one. Adrian can leave anytime and take Marvell, Nick and el capitano with him.... Sorry, but they are our weakest link, and the reason were not in the playoffs.

sulfur
10-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Generally, MLS contracts go until Dec 31 of each year. Just as an FYI.

rocker
10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
adrian was a rock in the first half. people on this very board were praising his stabilizing influence on defence. then he got hurt... he didn't play for 3 weeks... then he looked out of place. he also seemed to get hurt in the season ender against RSL (he was holding his arm) but he kept on playing. If he's healthy I like him. People had this same comment about Marshall at times, and look how he did under a good coach with some decent talent around him.

SoccMan
10-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Well it looks like more people have figured out what I have been saying since Serioux came to TFC, that Serioux was not as great as most people made him out to be . He is one of many that need to go if we are to improve next year.

SoccMan
10-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Marshal was the real deal who was surounded by hopeless players around him. Serioux on the other hand is one of those hopeless players. Sure Marshall made a few mistakes but nothing like the many that Serioux has made game in game out. Letting Marshall go was the worst move king Mo has ever made since becoming GM of TFC.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Although i like serioux i wouldnt cry if he left, i would keep him on as a bench player at a lower contract. As for Marshall i think hes been greatly glorified, hes a good player but looked terribly slow at times last year and caught some unnecessary cards, i wasnt saddened to see him go and i still feel that way now. If anything im saddened we didnt replace him with a better player, once again thats on Mo.

SvenFlu
10-27-2009, 11:59 PM
It's about time. He was shit. Lets get a real defender in the draft

Azerban
10-28-2009, 12:49 AM
I'd see rather the back of every non-youth defender we have before Serioux. Apparently failing to qualify for the playoffs gave people brain damage.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-28-2009, 01:50 AM
It's about time. He was shit. Lets get a real defender in the draft

With no mls experience?
No thanks, lets see Mo do his fucking job and sign us some top class CBs at 30k a piece

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-28-2009, 02:08 AM
Do even have a first round pick left?

Ossington Mental Youth
10-28-2009, 02:54 AM
nope we do not

Section 117
10-28-2009, 07:56 AM
He's big, strong and aggresive. I'd like to se him re-sign but I agree that the lapses in concentration need to stop.

Why would that stop now he is not a kid, these lapses are why they are here and no in Europe. I would like him back as bench player depending on salary and not as a CB unless of extreme emergency

Detroit_TFC
10-28-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't understand this Tyrone Marshall nostalgia. Our defense was a league joke when he was at TFC. He only looks good now because he's part of a good back line. He can contribute, but only as a supporting player not a lead. If he miraculously reappeared at TFC he would be as bad as he was previously.

Davenport
10-28-2009, 09:11 AM
With no mls experience?
No thanks, lets see Mo do his fucking job and sign us some top class CBs at 30k a piece

Don't wait up..........

KRO
10-28-2009, 09:19 AM
The best way to fix a broken fence is to demolish it and build a new one. Adrian can leave anytime and take Marvell, Nick and el capitano with him.... Sorry, but they are our weakest link, and the reason were not in the playoffs.
And not counting Jimmy you'll probably be getting rid of the 'bad apples' at the same time.

Fort York Redcoat
10-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Serioux has made a difference for the better and he's done it injured for pretty much his entire stay.

I want to see who we'd replace him with. He's not our big problem on defence.

S_D
10-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Why would that stop now he is not a kid, these lapses are why they are here and no in Europe. I would like him back as bench player depending on salary and not as a CB unless of extreme emergency

I think a few of you are being a bit unfair. He is a good DM, and an ok CB. CB isn't his natural position. He just played there because we had NOBODY else to do it.

If for some reason Robbo leaves, I would hope that whoever is in charge realizes that he should replace him. Cronin is good at the position, but needs time to build up his strength so he can't be pushed off of the ball so easily.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Don't wait up..........

HAHA believe me im past waiting, i know he wont do his job

Shaughno
10-28-2009, 10:02 AM
I think a few of you are being a bit unfair. He is a good DM, and an ok CB. CB isn't his natural position. He just played there because we had NOBODY else to do it.

If for some reason Robbo leaves, I would hope that whoever is in charge realizes that he should replace him. Cronin is good at the position, but needs time to build up his strength so he can't be pushed off of the ball so easily.

He's a good DM, a decent RB and a 'ok' at best CB. Keep Wynne out of the defense and keep Serioux on RB. That's where he looked best for us IMO. That's where he played the best for FCD too... fancy that.

felipe
10-28-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't think he's really all that great anywhere. I'd even go as far as to say Harmse is a (very slightly) better version of him. They're both decent utility guys to fill in for injuries. You can't even put either of them in as late defensive subs becasue they're both liable to get red carded.

He's not the answer as a starter for a team that wants to compete for championships; if he's a good character team player, then he has definite uses as a spot starter, injury cover at several positions.

I've flip flopped somewhat, and now believe in Wynne again - coupled with a defensively responsible hardworking outside mid, Wynne can be very effective with overlapping runs. wynne will look better again, with a better mid and better D able to cover for his defensive shortcomings.

However, if our D remains unchanged for next season, you'd better get Serioux starting over Wynne at right back. He's a better defensive option for a weaker team, IMO.

kitchener-TFC
10-28-2009, 02:56 PM
I like Serioux, but his injuries were of concern to the team.

Pookie
10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
adrian was a rock in the first half. people on this very board were praising his stabilizing influence on defence. then he got hurt... he didn't play for 3 weeks... then he looked out of place. he also seemed to get hurt in the season ender against RSL (he was holding his arm) but he kept on playing. If he's healthy I like him. People had this same comment about Marshall at times, and look how he did under a good coach with some decent talent around him.

^ what he said. I like Serioux and it wouldn't be a bad move to keep him in a Canadian roster spot.

C.Ronaldo
10-28-2009, 03:27 PM
u guys are nuts

serioux steals the ball off guys like no ones business.

he commands respect when he is healthy and in his position.

on the other side, he doesn't "seem" to be a team player and is constantly injured since being injured.
He is kind of a lone wolf.
But injuries make anyone cranky. I know when i busted my clavicle and couldnt do anything and had constant pain i was not a happy camper
the guy has an incredible pain tolerance.

jloome
10-28-2009, 03:32 PM
What game are you watching? He makes poor decisions on challenges, his positioning is suspect, he's slow, injury prone and barely competent.

Incredible pain tolerance? He hurts himself every time he hits the turf

u guys are nuts

serioux steals the ball off guys like no ones business.

he commands respect when he is healthy and in his position.

on the other side, he doesn't "seem" to be a team player and is constantly injured since being injured.
He is kind of a lone wolf.
But injuries make anyone cranky. I know when i busted my clavicle and couldnt do anything and had constant pain i was not a happy camper
the guy has an incredible pain tolerance.

Yohan
10-28-2009, 03:42 PM
no more converting DMs to CBs. this experiment is killing TFC
yeah, I change my mind about Robbo to CB too

GhostKiller
10-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Your all crazy, Serioux is a solid player and an important tough guy in our back line. I'm not saying he hasn't shit the bed on some occasions, but we need to take the bad with the good on this. Maybe if he had some help in the back (excluding Nanna) he could shine a bit more. He's a midfeilder in a defenders hat

Azerban
10-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Serioux has spent all season covering for the mistakes of Garcia, Brennan, Wynne, and even Nana. Any defender looks shit when he has got shit beside him. He's seriously the best defender we have, and you guys want to just let him walk? Fuck off.