PDA

View Full Version : Early prediction thread for 2010

Cas87
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM
hey all, after reading the footy blog: http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/default.aspx

I have some predictions for 2010:
First, the list Mo gave as a shopping list:
Central Defender
Striker
Left Mid
Well here is what I think:
Central Defender (HELL YES) and Left Mid (do we need more?) can be done with the money being brought back to the team with Vitti and Gracia (hopefully) not being retained
The Striker (that can score 20 goals a season) may be a bit harder to come by. I say make DeRo a full stiker for the beinging of the season, and see how he does. Am I the only one that thinks a front line of DeRo and OBW, with Barrett and Gerba as subs is a good idea?
Left mid can even be accomplished with moving Brennan to a mid role along side Robbo (if he returns) this will allow Cronin to start learning under Amado and JDG, but with that hypothesis we need to spend the cash to upgrade.
A CENTRAL DEFENDER IS THE PREMIERE PLAYER WE NEED IN ORDER TO BE COMPETITIVE, mainly because the reason we gave up so many goals in the last 15 minutes (plus stoppage) was because of the Defenders, not Stefan and Brian.

Other Thoughts:
we need to keep Stefan and Brian, mainly because it would be better to have both for half the season, and use one (Brian) as trade bait for a late season charge.
Dichio, Dansovic, and Winsper should all stay on.
And,
STEVE NICHOL should be brought over from NE, because TFC is something different and we could actually win the MLS Cup if Nichol gets us there!

I look forward to your thought on this as well, and if I have repeated another thread from today please feel free to merge or close this one.

Thanks all,
see you in 2010
:scarf:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-27-2009, 04:00 PM
I predict STEVE NICHOL will be coach next season....

WE will go 0-3 to start it off....and everyone will be calling for NICHOL and MO's head for the entire season..

this thread seems to familiar.....

Cas87
10-27-2009, 04:02 PM
I predict STEVE NICHOL will be coach next season....

WE will go 0-3 to start it off....and everyone will be calling for NICHOL and MO's head for the entire season..

That is what happens for all Toronto teams though ...
Mitchell with the Raptors last season
Wilson (and Burke) with the Leafs now
Every manager the Blue Jays had after 1992-93
TFC with Mo, Carver, and Cummins

Its just what Toronto fans do,

and I wouldn't change it for the world :scarf:

werewolf
10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Fuad Ibrahim will make over 20 appearances and score 5+ goals.

Shway
10-28-2009, 01:46 AM
"Left Mid (do we need more?) "

"Left mid can even be accomplished with moving Brennan to a mid role along side Robbo (if he returns) this will allow Cronin to start learning under Amado and JDG."

Okay......WHAT left mids do we have? i never knew we had alot, it cannot be accomplished by putting someone there just because they can play it.

Second, i strongly believe that Cronin should be a supersub, he has no place in my starting XI, if we have JDG, Amado, DeRo. He is not a winger, and we are surplus in the CM roles.

WINGERS, and CENTRAL DEFENDERS is PREMIER

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Why does Mo always say left mid? Who's are right mid?

WHITEY
10-28-2009, 03:31 AM
I predict top of the league in 2010 with an early exit in the playoffs. That will satisfy a lot of peoples' appetites and still leave room for a shit load of complaining and disecting on the boards for not winning it all; what the hell would we complain about if we won it all? Seems like a win win for everybody.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-28-2009, 04:32 AM
I think we need more than just a left winger, who the fuck is going to play on the right.
I bet we sign 2 players, doesnt matter the positions and both em are as bad as the players they replaced, our coach... yadda yadda yadda. Im not even bothered, im sure people get the idea.

More than anything I hope we get the cbs, wingers, striker and coach we need but at this point in time itd be nothing short of a miracle

Section 117
10-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Realisticaly we need three defenders 1 CB a LB and RB. We need two wingers one for the right and left and a proven striker. A COACH THAT CAN DEAL WITH THIS SHIT STORM. Oh yeah and a decent captain.

That is over half the starting line up. They need to be in camp and be playing with the team from day 1 of the preseason. One of the most improtant things is chemistry and cohesion on the field and we did not have that with the constant turnover of players.

If we get even half of what I think this team will make the playoffs.

Just my two cents

Detroit_TFC
10-28-2009, 08:28 AM
I'd be happy if we could close out games cleanly, which is a function of discipline and a better substitution strategy. If we prevented half those late game-changing goals, we would be hailing this as a hugely successful season.