PDA

View Full Version : I just got an E-Mail from Mo

trane
10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
You will get one soon as well. I would summarize, " sorry, next year will be better". Confirms Cummins gone, and that he is looking for a new manager, he thinks "many" will covet this job. I heard Ancelotti is thinking of leaving Chelsea for this.

Thanks Parky.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 03:28 PM
We should bring in Jorge Jesus from Benfica so we could say "Jesus will save us!"

But he's doing well right now and I don't want him to leave Benfica.

Parkdale
10-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi there Fan,

On behalf of everyone at Toronto FC, I want to thank you for your support over the course of the season. I share your disappointment that we missed the Playoffs and I am still devastated by the manner of the performance at New York on Saturday. In all my years as a player and manager I never have seen a meltdown like this. I can tell you we are only one point away from the Playoffs but in the context of a 5-0 blowout? That doesn't give me any comfort.

This morning I announced that Chris Cummins will be leaving the club and the search will start right away for a new head coach. I want to thank Chris for the job he has done since taking over as interim head coach at the end of April. When John Carver went it left us with a hole and I think under the circumstances Chris did a hell of a job. I think he is going to be a very good coach one day but I’ve known for a couple of weeks now that he wanted to be closer to home. We want all of the other members of our coaching staff to stay.

Despite missing the Playoffs, we have made progress on and off the field this season including winning our first trophy on that amazing night in Montreal. We head into next season with a strong core of players as we continue towards building for long term success. We already have plenty to look forward to including a full season with Julian de Guzman and a grass pitch being installed at BMO Field. My focus in the next few months will be on strengthening the squad at a few select positions, preparing for the SuperDraft and also getting the right man to lead the team.

We will look all over for a new coach. Within the league, we have to wait until the dust is settled with the Playoffs before we would ask to speak to anyone at another club. We want someone in the position very quickly and I would like whoever comes in to have MLS experience. We have the best facilities in the league, and are run by a top notch organization. I have no doubt this will be a job many coaches will covet. It is a big job and it will be someone who can deal with the attention this club receives.

If you want to see the full press conference from this morning, click here (http://mlsefans.com/index.cfm?n35167s3405c1085235t3405o33080) to watch Toronto FC TV.
Thanks again for your outstanding support of the club and I assure you I will do everything possible to bring success to Toronto FC in 2010.

Mo Johnston,
Manager, Director of Soccer
Toronto FC

there's the message

Parkdale
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
... on that amazing night in Montreal.

I guess he made it to club SuperContact too!

flatpicker
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Just as long as he doesn't wait until the final pre-season game to find a coach!
He needs to get it done quick!
Before players start training camp.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 03:32 PM
At least it is confirmed that it will be an MLS coach. I am not so excited about that, but I do understand the logic.

I understand the logic, but aren't you limiting yourself only to a handful of coaches?

tfcleeds
10-27-2009, 03:32 PM
I'll be happy with Steve Nicol.

trane
10-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I understand the logic, but aren't you limiting yourself only to a handful of coaches?

I mis-read that, he is saying he is looking all over as well as the MLS, but that he will not be able to talk to MLS coaches untill the post season is over.

But I agree.

Flats, that is my biggest concern.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 03:37 PM
trane he says he will look all over but he would like to have MLS experience.

How many coaches who used to coach in MLS are somewhere other than America?

Parkdale
10-27-2009, 03:37 PM
I'd like to send one back to him, but I'm not sure what title to use.

He didn't personalize the letter to me, so I don't have to personalize it to him.

how about....

Dear Elephant in the Room....

flatpicker
10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
http://heroesforhillary.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/elephant-room1.jpg

trane
trane he says he will look all over but he would like to have MLS experience.

How many coaches who used to coach in MLS are somewhere other than America?

You are right. I am reading it, and a Memorandum at the same time, I got it right the first time, and then I got sidetracked into thinking I got it wrong. But you reminded me of why I got that it would be more then likely an MLS coach. So I go back to not being crazy abou it. My first reaction was, I agree, he is limiting himself.

Nuvinho

He didn't personalize the letter to me, so I don't have to personalize it to him.

how about....

I have a few descriptions I would use, but they won't be appropriate for this board.

trane
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM

how about....

Hahaha.

flatpicker
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
I have a few descriptions I would use, but they won't be appropriate for this board.

it wouldn't be the first time something inappropriate was said in this forum.

Carts
10-27-2009, 03:42 PM

how about....

Mine was personalized...

Hi there John, (then the same)...

I wrote back and simply said "...call me Carts..."

Carts...

Whoop
10-27-2009, 03:42 PM

how about....

He didn't?

Mine has my name on it.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 03:43 PM

I with you on that one.

I don't want to be banned today.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
The most telling thing about the email to me is the return address: "@mlsefans.com"

Do they really think anyone is a "fan" of MLSE?

But it pretty much proves what I've been saying all day, the problems are much higher up and there's no point in spending so much time worrying about middle management - it'll come and go but the attitude will be the same.

trane
10-27-2009, 03:47 PM
^ Thanks for making me sour. I cannot take another year in the merde, and I do not mean France.

trane
10-27-2009, 03:53 PM
You know I was not angry yesterday, but this E-MAIL IS MAKING ME ANGRY. DO THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID? DO THEY THINK THAT WE WILL BUY THEIR SIMPLE SHIT?

I think the answer is yes, they are taking us for a ride.

Super
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see what coach is brought in following the play-offs.

Heathen
10-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I fully expect an email from Mo to end with a notice that I've won the Spanish lottery or he knows an exiled Nigerian millionaire...

TFC Cityboy
10-27-2009, 04:00 PM
too bad there is no point in replying to the email...I'd be able to come up with a zinger

VPjr
10-27-2009, 04:03 PM
when I saw "a message from Mo Johnston" in my inbox, I hoped it would be a copy of the resignation letter he should have submitted on Sunday.

Instead, it was a holllow, pointless PR exercise that falls pretty much flat on its ass. that PR woman at TFC offices should never have let it go out.

VPjr
10-27-2009, 04:05 PM
too bad there is no point in replying to the email...I'd be able to come up with a zinger

send the reply to Paul...I'm sure he'll gladly print off the email and walk it over to Mo.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 04:06 PM
when I saw "a message from Mo Johnston" in my inbox, I hoped it would be a copy of the resignation letter he should have submitted on Sunday.

Instead, it was a holllow, pointless PR exercise that falls pretty much flat on its ass. that PR woman at TFC offices should never have let it go out.

Don't you think she wrote it?

olegunnar
10-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Is he not the Director of Soccer? Does the buck not stop at him?

Instead we get...how he's like us "disappointed" as if the result was out of his control

We get "in all my years"...as if he's so great this can't be a reflection on him

We get "getting the right man to lead the team"...uhm who's the Director of Soccer?...oh wait...right man to lead the team means...next guy to through under the bus.

Where's the accountability. This e-mail is half blaming others...half kissing up to the suits.

Who rights this crap? Who approves this crap before it gets sent out?

This is truly a mickey mouse operation.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Is he not the Director of Soccer? Does the buck not stop at him?

Instead we get...how he's like us "disappointed" as if the result was out of his control

We get "in all my years"...as if he's so great this can't be a reflection on him

We get "getting the right man to lead the team"...uhm who's the Director of Soccer?...oh wait...right man to lead the team means...next guy to through under the bus.

Where's the accountability. This e-mail is half blaming others...half kissing up to the suits.

Who rights this crap? Who approves this crap before it gets sent out?

This is truly a mickey mouse operation.

Those two statements go together.

Still, you have pointed out something hopeful here. If the guy being hired is going to, "lead the team," then he will have control of it and the Director of Soccer will be an MLSE suit, like the rest of them. Isn't that what people have been asking for?

MFG1
10-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Eff You Mo

Mark in Ottawa
10-27-2009, 07:06 PM
I got it too...
Paraphrasing... "We should have been better this year, we will be next year with our new grass field and once the players get to play with our DP and what player changes we make"

Unsaid but understood... "Don't bail on the team now. Pony up the $$ and get that renewal in".

SPARTACUS
10-27-2009, 07:12 PM
One word for you...IRRIDUCIBILI. I dont mean the make shit ultras either. Imean the real IRR from the SS LAZIO club in Italy. These supprters love them or hate them have a direct influence on the club. They have been known for the negative publicity but if you dig deeper they are the only fan base that has regular sit downs with players and coaches/owners. They have emptied the entire curva nord in Olympic stadium in Rome which is well over 15,000 just in the north end to show their disgust with owners...They refused to buy anything from the stadium, food, drink etc for 3 matches in a row, which other fans followed not justthe IRR. They have even stopped singing for entire matches when the players do not perform. You want owners to take the fans seriously do something about it. Hit them where it hurts. Demand perfection and dont settle for any less. BTW the IRR were the ones to ask for SGE (Sven Gorran Erikkson) and brought Lazio a centenary Scudetto title, Cup Winners Cup Title in 99' (last one ever) In addition, Lazio won the Italian Super Cup (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Italian_Super_Cup) twice and defeated Manchester United (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Manchester_United) in 1999 to win the European Super Cup (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/European_Super_Cup)!
All this because the owner brought in the right manager, coaching staff and low and behold the rest is history. Love or hate my beloved Lazio, the fans are some of the craziest, most feared on the planet (No disrespect to other fanclubs,sincerely). My point? TFC Fans are becoming known for their passion and understanding of the game...do not sit idle and wait for all of the empty promises. Get your ducks in a row and get your leaders together and demand what you deserve. Do not back down. I heard Nicols named mentioned also I know you guys think Frankie Yallop is a west coast guy but he knows certain players on TFC well... Whatever happens I hope the fans are heard. Majority of you know the game well and you can see it in your conversations online... I hope and pray TFC gets it right next year. For the fans sake otherwise all hell should....actually WILL break loose.
OH btw Moe take some responsibility and admit you fucked up and at least save face and than start rebuilding! Now everyone thinks you are an idiot. Idiot....

canadian_bhoy
10-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Really tired of the "oh well too bad" attitude. He should be saying "we weren't good enough and we will make the changes needed to put a team on the field that you will be proud of". Anything short of that is not good enough.

He is making it pretty cut and dry that he wants an MLS coach. I have a feeling that Mo needs to wait until the Revs season ends and then Nicol will be in the bag. If he isn't, we're screwed.

boban
10-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Just got back form out of town and read this email form Mo.
What a crock of shit. To go out that sad Saturday and end the season with not making the playoffs I was expecting more than that. Whereis the apology? A simple I'm sorry' to the fans would be good. Instead we get the same regurgitated line year after year.
Hang 'em!!!

THA BUTCHA
10-27-2009, 08:48 PM
He is making it pretty cut and dry that he wants an MLS coach. I have a feeling that Mo needs to wait until the Revs season ends and then Nicol will be in the bag. If he isn't, we're screwed.

Beyond screwed. I can already tell he doesn't have a plan B.

also If anyone thinks that a guy like Nicol who is one of the most winningest coaches in MLS History is gonna take orders from a guy that hasn't won shit and really hasn't even made the playoffs his whole managerial career.

they must be crazy.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Beyond screwed. I can already tell he doesn't have a plan B.

also If anyone thinks that a guy like Nicol who is one of the most winningest coaches in MLS History is gonna take orders from a guy that hasn't won shit and really hasn't even made the playoffs his whole managerial career.

they must be crazy.

yep, agreed
i love this club with a passion but the state its in why on earth does Mo think the coaching position is so coveted?

Whoop
10-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Deer in headlights.

A man with no plan B.

I_AM_CANADIAN
10-28-2009, 07:23 AM
I got this too. And I share the impression other people have, that Mo is on something of a power trip and has too much influence over what happens 'downstairs.' That's why, in my opinion, the techincal director/head coach model sucks. The players a technical director signs might not be the ones a coach wants or needs. I want ONE GUY.