PDA

View Full Version : MoJo to address the media Tuesday

Pages : [1] 2

Nuvinho
10-26-2009, 02:33 PM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091026&content_id=7554610&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Nuvinho
10-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Johnston And Players To Discuss Season

Reds will speak to the media on Tuesday morning

10/26/2009 3:06 PM
TorontoFC.ca

Toronto FC Manager, Director of Soccer Mo Johnston will talk to the media at BMO Field on Tuesday morning to discuss the 2009 season, and plans for 2010. The players arrived back in Toronto from New York yesterday afternoon and will be back at the stadium on Tuesday for end of season physicals and fitness testing. TorontoFC.ca will bring you the latest news from BMO Field throughout the day.

DOMIN8R
10-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Already posted in 2 active threads.

Lucky Strike
10-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Normally, I'd agree with a merging, but I think this will warrant its own thread. My view, FWIW.

Section 117
10-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Anyone know how I can be at this press confrence. I want to ask Mo a few questions about the team, that IMO no reporter will ask

DOMIN8R
10-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Normally, I'd agree with a merging, but I think this will warrant its own thread. My view, FWIW.

You are probably right.

Oldtimer
10-26-2009, 03:06 PM
prediction:

"Ive got a good lead on some players from Brazil. A couple of forwards, 2 defenders, 2 wingers.
I'll be heading there in December,"

Nuvinho
10-26-2009, 03:10 PM
prediction:

"Ive got a good lead on some players from Brazil. A couple of forwards, 2 defenders, 2 wingers.

Don't forget using the words very, very hard in bringing in these players.

Nuvinho
10-26-2009, 03:12 PM
the players/coaches that will probably beside him:

1. MoJo
2. CC
3. Dichio (because everyone loves him, and Mo knows to soften the blow bring DD)
4. Jimmy B
5. DeRo

Troll
10-26-2009, 03:13 PM
prediction:

I'd also like to predict he contracts Gonorrhea while away on 'official business'.

Hitcho
10-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I have been backing Mo all season long, but with all the shit that's started to come out in the last couple of days about interfering in playing time, rats, posion in the dressing room, etc, and coupled with that pathetic fucking display on Saturday night, I am just about ready to call for his head with everyone else.

He's got some serious questions to answer tomorrow. I'll bet he doesn't answer any of them.

Hitcho
10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Here's what he will say:

"Looook, we wanted to win the Canadian Championship, we done that. We wanted to make the play offs, and we came within one game of making that 'n all. Loooook, we know we wernae quite good enoguh this season, and we'll work hard on it for next season. But loooook, we're gettin' grass laid down, we've brought in Julian, n Dwayne, and we've got some great young players here. So, loooook, there's a lot of reasons to be positive and tae look forward tae next season."

But what about the rumours of a poisonous atmosphere in the dressing room Mo? And the fact that we have a seriously unbalanced squad? And no head coach? And that the outgoing head coach feels he was screwed over by the club? And the rumours of playing time being influenced from above and players not respecting training because of that?

"Loooook, I'm not going tae sit here and comment on what goes on in the dressing room. That's private, n it should stay private. But looook, we've brought in Julian, n Dwayne, n we've got some great young players here and we can all be looking forward tae next season."

But Mo, you haven't answered any of the questions we put to you, and what about the whole Dichio thing, what happened there and don't you think he would have been useful to have on the pitch on Saturday night?

"Loook, we've brought in Julian, n Dwanye, n there's grass going down. And everythgin will be alright. See?"

s2cazz
10-26-2009, 03:30 PM
they are going to remind us how they got us grass... so we don't hate them anymore

Broadview
10-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Here's what he will say:

"Looook, we wanted to win the Canadian Championship, we done that. We wanted to make the play offs, and we came within one game of making that 'n all. Loooook, we know we wernae quite good enoguh this season, and we'll work hard on it for next season. But loooook, we're gettin' grass laid down, we've brought in Julian, n Dwayne, and we've got some great young players here. So, loooook, there's a lot of reasons to be positive and tae look forward tae next season."

But what about the rumours of a poisonous atmosphere in the dressing room Mo? And the fact that we have a seriously unbalanced squad? And no head coach? And that the outgoing head coach feels he was screwed over by the club? And the rumours of playing time being influenced from above and players not respecting training because of that?

"Loooook, I'm not going tae sit here and comment on what goes on in the dressing room. That's private, n it should stay private. But looook, we've brought in Julian, n Dwayne, n we've got some great young players here and we can all be looking forward tae next season."

But Mo, you haven't answered any of the questions we put to you, and what about the whole Dichio thing, what happened there and don't you think he would have been useful to have on the pitch on Saturday night?

"Loook, we've brought in Julian, n Dwanye, n there's grass going down. And everythgin will be alright. See?"

lol...

http://oels.byu.edu/student/idioms/idioms/images/hit_nail_on_head.jpg

Nuvinho
10-26-2009, 03:42 PM
I want to hear the vets explain why they let the kids do the post game interviews. That shows a lack of leadership right there.

Shakes McQueen
10-26-2009, 03:44 PM
prediction:

If he says that, it would indicate that at least he understands where our needs are. Here's hoping.

- Scott

gtaguy
10-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Mo will probably have already drank half a bottle of scotch before the media event even starts so he will be numb and not give a rats ass about anything.
When the press starts to drill Mo about anything important i am sure Anselmi will step in to save Mo's arse...

My One question i would ask Mo is why in Toronto there was a five years plan and Seattle made the playoffs in year OnE.... No excuses about field turf becuase they have the same shite as we do...

Lucky Strike
10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
A Brazilian, an Englishman and a Frenchman trial with TFC...

Shakes McQueen
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm really tired of hearing about Seattle, to be honest. All season long, we've been comparing ourselves to Seattle about absolutely everything.

I care about fixing our situation, not trying to play "gotcha" with Mo about Seattle's quick rise to success.

- Scott

Nuvinho
10-26-2009, 03:53 PM
A Brazilian, an Englishman and a Frenchman trial with TFC...

Is this the beginning sentence to a joke....

A Brazilian, an Englishman and a Frenchman trial with TFC.......who knocks Carl Robinson out first??

hahaha ;) :)

Hustle
10-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Here's what he will say:

Ha Ha Ha...Right on

THA BUTCHA
10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9uIj0YvDBKE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9uIj0YvDBKE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm hoping a similar incident happens

FluSH
10-26-2009, 04:42 PM
prediction:

How can I be part of this scouting group? Where do I send my C.V. :D

MartinUtd
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Sweet.. maybe they'll officially announce his contract extension!!!

MUFC_Niagara
10-26-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm really tired of hearing about Seattle, to be honest. All season long, we've been comparing ourselves to Seattle about absolutely everything.

I care about fixing our situation, not trying to play "gotcha" with Mo about Seattle's quick rise to success.

- Scott

That makes 2 of us!

canadian_bhoy
10-26-2009, 04:49 PM
I'll be shocked if anything worthwhile comes out of this press conference. I'll be upset if Mo takes the "we did it right but it didn't go our way" attitude. You didn't do it right Mo, we suck, please change that.

MUFC_Niagara
10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey I have a good idea, lets turn this thread into the most negative, cynical gossip session we possibly can about what Mo will say tomorrow.

reggie
he can't talk about the draft....no 1st rd picks this year...
draft smaft

Detroit_TFC
Maybe it is to announce the new coach: a former head coach, someone who has MLS experience and is already in the MLSE organization.

:frown2:

FluSH
10-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey I have a good idea, lets turn this thread into the most negative, cynical gossip session we possibly can about what Mo will say tomorrow.

It's going to be one heck of a long off season.... we need to save some good stuff for later!!!

canadian_bhoy
10-26-2009, 04:54 PM

You're right, let's focus on the positives. Starting with? ... Um?

Section 117
10-26-2009, 04:56 PM
How we were so close to playoff spot if we only ... If the ref would have made a call, if we only played 75 mins instead of 90 mins ....

Have I missed anything

MUFC_Niagara
10-26-2009, 05:07 PM

Our increase in points, the emergence of Attakora and Gomez, the signings of DeRo and JDG, the fact that if we focus on the single issue of concentrating on finishing games we'll be a team competing for top of the league. That's a pretty good start.

menefreghista
10-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Our increase in points.

An increase in points is meaningless. We finished in 12th place, the same as last year.

In a league that continues to expand, simply increasing your points should not be considered a good thing.

TFC had one of the highest payrolls in this league and some people are happy with a marginal improvement over the previous season? Are you crazy? With the money and players this team has we should have clinched a playoff spot a month ago....

Shakes McQueen
10-26-2009, 05:13 PM

Starting with the fact that we've got a potentially great young defensive core that appears to be coming up, in Attakora and Gomez. We've got three draft picks who appear to be developing into bonafide MLS talents, in Frei, Cronin, and OBW. We've now got two of the best Canadian players in the world on our team, in a revitalized DeRo and JDG.

The fact that this season bottomed out on a low note, doesn't mean there are no positives for next season. We have holes to fill, but I still believe we've got a pretty great core of players to hang on to.

- Scott

MUFC_Niagara
10-26-2009, 05:19 PM
An increase in points is meaningless. We finished in 12th place, the same as last year.

In a league that continues to expand, simply increasing your points should not be considered a good thing.

TFC had one of the highest payrolls in this league and some people are happy with a marginal improvement over the previous season? Are you crazy? With the money and players this team has we should have clinched a playoff spot a month ago....

No one is saying that the team is perfect, and you're right, we should have clinched a playoff spot. However, I tend to focus on the positives, build upon those, and constructively analyze the negatives and what went wrong. It's become the norm on here to start a thread about every possible minute negative aspect. Someone started this thread to talk tell us that Mo will meet the media and it's already turned into a Mo bitchfest. If someone who has never heard of TFC came on here they'd take 3 things from this message board:

1) Everyone and there mother at MLSE cares only about money and would feed baby kittens to a shark for a dollar.

2) Mo Johnston is the most incompetent person in the world and shouldn't be trusted to run a Taco Bell.

3) They'd wonder why anyone on here bothers watching the games if it hurts them this much. (at least I wonder!)

Why? Because those three topics dominate 99% of the topics on here.

canadian_bhoy
10-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Our increase in points, the emergence of Attakora and Gomez, the signings of DeRo and JDG, the fact that if we focus on the single issue of concentrating on finishing games we'll be a team competing for top of the league. That's a pretty good start.

For some reason, people see the late goal issue as something that just started this season. It has been something our club has struggled with for 3 years.

The signings of DeRo and JDG were both positive, but the fact that DeRo is pissed (I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he left TO) and JDG wasn't the solution the team needed are disappointing.

You make it seem like you're not a real supporter if you're upset with the current state of affairs, like we should all just suck it up. Did you read the paper today? Did you read DeVos' blog? I'm assuming you'll be sending emails to them asking for them to print positive articles as well?

MUFC_Niagara
10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
For some reason, people see the late goal issue as something that just started this season. It has been something our club has struggled with for 3 years.

The signings of DeRo and JDG were both positive, but the fact that DeRo is pissed (I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he left TO) and JDG wasn't the solution the team needed are disappointing.

You make it seem like you're not a real supporter if you're upset with the current state of affairs, like we should all just suck it up. Did you read the paper today? Did you read DeVos' blog? I'm assuming you'll be sending emails to them asking for them to print positive articles as well?

I'm not saying that people aren't real supporters, all I am saying is that people are so intent on hammering the negatives, they fail to see the positives and things we can build on.

S_D
10-26-2009, 05:26 PM
we are just going to hear the same hot air we have been hearing coming out of mo since season 1.

Dave67
10-26-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm not saying that people aren't real supporters, all I am saying is that people are so intent on hammering the negatives, they fail to see the positives and things we can build on.

we have a team.

we have a few solid young players who will probably be sold off to buy a partial roof and better food services.

we got manhandled by the worst team in the league two days ago. we were knocked out of a playoff spot by NY. i'll be optimistic in maybe december or something. for now i'm pissed off... :(

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Mo and Cummings return from NYC....

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-5295647efda8a1497e16875c91c7f99f.html

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-26-2009, 05:36 PM
all in all..sure im pissed right now......but we have a good group of players....we are missing one thing....a coach who can lead them....Im sure it will be priority #1.....

See you in NEW ENGLAND!!!

peace out have a great off season!!

Need a break from here!! :)

Brooker
10-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Here's what he will say:

wow. i seriously don't think i need to see the press conference or whatever now. is that you MoJo?

v00d00daddy
10-26-2009, 05:46 PM

So...out of curiosity...is there ever a time to see things from a negative/cynical point of view?

Yes...there are positives.

More importantly...there are more negatives.

When the team fails (which they did in glorious fashion), what purpose does it serve to harp on about all the great things about the team?

That bad outweighs the good..by a longshot right now. That's why people are focusing on it.

mastermixer
10-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Sweet.. maybe they'll officially announce his contract extension!!!

Great! I was going to hold off renewing but if Mo is back where do I sign!!:rolleyes:

gtaguy
10-26-2009, 05:53 PM
The first game of the season showed promise.. We got the dutifully noted win there but going into the second game and on this team proved that we needed a quality goal scorerer and all Mo could muster was a hamburger loving and can't run more then ten yards Gerba...

Tomorrows press conference goes like this
" I quit, I hate all you tfc fans for making me the scapgoat.. My plan failed becuase carver quit on me .. Next time i will hire a scot to do my meddling, atleast they can be paid off with a bottle of scotch.!!! n e body wanna go out for drinks at lunch.. its on me I just got paid."...

jloome
10-26-2009, 05:55 PM

Actually, many people on here being negative have also discussed who they want back, and there's nothing that outwardly people are "failing" to see the positives; they're just a bit moot until the negatives are addressed...or we'd be in the playoffs.

In fact, focusing on the obvious positive upsides right now is a bit pointless, like discussing the insurance policy with a guy's kids right after he's killed himself in a head-on collision.

Torontotonto
10-26-2009, 05:56 PM
they are going to remind us how they got us grass... so we don't hate them anymore

The hell with the grass, that's next year and had no effect on the outcome of the 2009 season.
Our competion played on the same turf when at BMO...
We certainly could have used Danny on Saturday night, are only true leader to date that I know.

After being so hyped all week leading up to the match against the Shit Bulls for the final playoff spot, I guess I'm still hurting 2 days later...after the 5-0 loss, can't let management take all the blame for that fiasco, the guys on the field have to take responsibilty for the worst performance I've seen from TFC to date.

Sounders 1st Year
- Top Drawer Head Coach (Sigi Schmid)
- Signed DP (Ljungberg)
- Barcelona included for SSH.
- Chelsea included for SSH.
- Regular season W12 L7 D11 (4th)
- In the playoffs

TFC 1st Year
- Signed Danny Dichio
- 23:13
- Regular season W6 L17 D7

TFC 3rd Year
- 3 coaches 3 years
- Signed first DP after 2.5 years
- Real Madrid for $$$ and grass
- Regular season W10 L11 D9 (11th)
- Out of playoffs
- Coach gone again ?
- Disention in the locker room ?

And most the most important downfall this year was Danny being forced out early when he would have surely made a difference in the final results in our quest to the post season.

I expect the same story from Mo's press conference tomorrow, similar to Anselmi post game comments.

Besides not getting the results we expected this year, it was fun as always being at BMO and watching our REDS on the road.

Can't wait till March 2010.

Come on MLSE let's get it done next year.

Thanks for the memories Danny...

:flare::flare::scarf::flare::flare:

wzhxvy
10-26-2009, 05:59 PM
What people fail to realize is that all these "positives" you speak of will soon become negatives...how long before people start demanding trades ? not long...wait and see. These issues have to be resolved and we need to have the right leadership put in place to retain the people we want to keep and attract new talent. You are buying the BS you are being fed if you focus on the positives.

Mikey
10-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm thinking of going down and shouting my own questions through the gates.

gtaguy
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
We don't need to see the positives becuase we have all seen them.. What i say that is needed is a good solid reason as to why this season was a fail... Acknowledgement from the top brass of what happened and what they plan on doing for the new season to not allow this to happen again... This is going to be a long offseason and i would appreciate it if Mo would atleast put some of the blame on himself ...

MUFC_Niagara
10-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Every club has negatives. I don't have a problem with focusing on the negatives as long as its constructive to making the team better. But what does constantly harping on MLSE have to do with our players giving up goals in the last 15 mins? I find that as soon as we lose a game about 1000 threads start up about every possible negative there possibly is. MLSE is trying to screw us, Cummins is shit, Mo is shit, every game, same threads. I can predict what users will post after a loss and it just gets redundant. The team is not without its flaws, this was a dissappointing year and no one will disagree, but how many threads do we need about how shitty people think Mo and Cummins are? How many threads do we need about MLSE, in some crazy scheme to turn a profit, trying to screw us over? It's like the kid in the back seat asking "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?" No, we're not there for the 6,000th time. Make your point and move on, thats all I ask. There is other stuff to talk about. I'd rather have a thread created as to what has to change for the team not to give up late goals, but instead, someone would make a thread talking about how shit we are because we give up late goals. So maybe its not so much the negatives, but how we go about addressing them that bothers me. I love TFC, I love the fact the we have a message board devoted to this team, but honestly guys, lets get some new material.

Eg. - "Cummins isn't a good coach, he needs to develop and work on A,B, and C, etc,."

Now, this is how the same statement comes out on the RPB board:

"Cummins is shit! Go back to England you piece of shit!"

See the difference. One promotes discussion, the other is just rediculous.

wzhxvy
10-26-2009, 06:21 PM
This will be Mo tomorrow after the press conference.

http://www.cnnsi.com/soccer/mls/2001/preview/news/2001/03/25/wizards_preview/lg_johnston_all-01.jpg

gtaguy
10-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Every club has negatives. I don't have a problem with focusing on the negatives as long as its constructive to making the team better. But what does constantly harping on MLSE have to do with our players giving up goals in the last 15 mins? I find that as soon as we lose a game about 1000 threads start up about every possible negative there possibly is. MLSE is trying to screw us, Cummins is shit, Mo is shit, every game, same threads. I can predict what users will post after a loss and it just gets redundant. The team is not without its flaws, this was a dissappointing year and no one will disagree, but how many threads do we need about how shitty people think Mo and Cummins are? How many threads do we need about MLSE, in some crazy scheme to turn a profit, trying to screw us over? It's like the kid in the back seat asking "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?" No, we're not there for the 6,000th time. Make your point and move on, thats all I ask. There is other stuff to talk about. I'd rather have a thread created as to what has to change for the team not to give up late goals, but instead, someone would make a thread talking about how shit we are because we give up late goals. So maybe its not so much the negatives, but how we go about addressing them that bothers me. I love TFC, I love the fact the we have a message board devoted to this team, but honestly guys, lets get some new material.

too true I don't disagree with you however lets look at european footy . when a team fails who are the first to hit the road??... management.. I think that what everyone here is looking for is for the top brass to acknowleged thier downfall. Cummins to me will be a good head coach but needs more maturity ... So Someones head has to roll and i don't think its cummins that deserves it..
That only leaves one other person that is responsible for this debacle.

MUFC_Niagara
10-26-2009, 06:33 PM
too true I don't disagree with you however lets look at european footy . when a team fails who are the first to hit the road??... management.. I think that what everyone here is looking for is for the top brass to acknowleged thier downfall. Cummins to me will be a good head coach but needs more maturity ... So Someones head has to roll and i don't think its cummins that deserves it..
That only leaves one other person that is responsible for this debacle.

And I don't necessarily disagree, but then maybe we could create a sticky thread called MoJo or something so that the people who feel the need to remind us after every game that they think Mo is shit and want him fired can post in one thread. As opposed to having 5 different threads spring up with essentially the same message that "Mo is shit" written in large type and a different font. It's clearly a hot button topic....something to think about mods?

TFC07
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
All I am going to say is that tomorrow is going to be interesting day. Wonder what is going to be Mo’s excuse this time around?

Ontario Arab
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Paul Sturrock from Plymouth Argylle will be looking for a new job shortly, vacations in Canada loves it here.......ledgendary striker and an acomplished coach...hasnae had the best of luck the last few years but tbh Plymouth are not really championship material and he doesnt have a lot of coin to spend...but with our core group....hes a man that could do the job...I think.

Shakes McQueen
10-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I hope the reporters present really hold his feet to the fire about the team's problems, rumours of locker room dissent, the need for a good, qualified coach, etc.

I don't want this to be an hour long transcription session, where Mo gets to give a flowery speech about the future, and the reporters ask asinine questions like "how do you see this team going forward?", or some bullshit like that.

I've kind of decided that how honestly he answers to this team's problems tomorrow, will really determine whether I personally think he should get another kick at the can.

- Scott

Roogsy
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
If he says that, it would indicate that at least he understands where our needs are. Here's hoping.

- Scott

A 12 year old kid understands where our "needs" are. The whole world has known since season 1. As director, it's his job to sign what we need. If he can't, we need someone in that position that can. End of story.

Roogsy
10-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Yes...there are positives.

More importantly...there are more negatives.

Exactly.

There is no point in dwelling on the positives when the negatives overwhelm the postive aspects of this team. That would simply be fooling ourselves.

You only overlook the negatives when the positives overwhelm the negatives. It's common sense.

Concentrating on the positives when your team shits the bed is like being thankful you didn't lose your housekeys when the tornado blew your house away.

ag futbol
10-26-2009, 07:04 PM
prediction:

Well played sir.

Throw in some jargon about a few trialists and your done.

jloome
10-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Paul Sturrock from Plymouth Argylle will be looking for a new job shortly, vacations in Canada loves it here.......ledgendary striker and an acomplished coach...hasnae had the best of luck the last few years but tbh Plymouth are not really championship material and he doesnt have a lot of coin to spend...but with our core group....hes a man that could do the job...I think.

A player's coach, thus not likely to be taming egos in the room, and no experience dealing with MLS' restrictions.

jloome
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Exactly.

There is no point in dwelling on the positives when the negatives overwhelm the postive aspects of this team. That would simply be fooling ourselves.

You only overlook the negatives when the positives overwhelm the negatives. It's common sense.

Concentrating on the positives when your team shits the bed is like being thankful you didn't lose your housekeys when the tornado blew your house away.

You're even out-analogizing me these days. God help me, what is the world coming to. Where are the vitriolic disagreements of old, Roogsy?:D

Roogsy
10-26-2009, 08:10 PM
TFC beat it out of me. I am a beaten man. I have no will left. :p

ua-kozak_TFC
10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Mo will probably have already drank half a bottle of scotch before the media event even starts so he will be numb and not give a rats ass about anything.
When the press starts to drill Mo about anything important i am sure Anselmi will step in to save Mo's arse...

My One question i would ask Mo is why in Toronto there was a five years plan and Seattle made the playoffs in year OnE.... No excuses about field turf becuase they have the same shite as we do...
hahhaha I WISH... the truth of the matter is. That the journalism is softer than marshmellows when interviewing Mo or anyone else for that matter...WHy? mostlikly due to lack of soccer IQ...

Not sure if you remember that whole thing the Ask MO jhonston Show or WHATEVER... that was suppouse to happen every MOnth. i f i remember correctly after the concacaf championsleague dequalification...
All the questions were served on the platter.. probably don;t deserve to called questions.... like:
-haven;t you worked hard on getting the grass?
- we have a good core we are a playmaker away from making the play offs?
-"those fans that are protesting outside the stadium not real fans... they are bandwaggon jumper... hard core fans understand that you cant expect everything at once..?

Roogsy
10-26-2009, 09:17 PM
^ Oh gawd that "Ask Mo" show was a farce. There is a reason they didn't do more of them...my head hurt from all the eye-rolling I did during that show. Brutal.

The fact is Mo has not been made accountable, at all, by anyone. And it's really beginning to bother me.

Heathen
10-26-2009, 09:34 PM
^ Oh gawd that "Ask Mo" show was a farce. There is a reason they didn't do more of them...my head hurt from all the eye-rolling I did during that show. Brutal.

The fact is Mo has not been made accountable, at all, by anyone. And it's really beginning to bother me.

I was in the crowd for one of those, by chance of course, the FF owner didn't really want us there but we'd been in the place all afternoon watching WCQs so he let us stay . I mean fuck they wanted to throw me out for booing when the Impact was mentioned, do you really think they'd let anyone ask a real question

Roogsy
10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Has Mo had to answer ANY "rea" questions yet? Gawd...you'd think he was Sir Alex himself making reporters shake in their boots. I can't believe how infrequently he has to show his face to the media and when he does, the kinds of soft-balls he gets lobbed. I actually can't remember the last time Mo had to answer a really difficult question. Seriously...no other manager in this city gets a pass like Mo. Is it because TFC really aren't on anyone's radar yet? J-Mol is the only reporter with access thus far that has had the temerity to really dig for answers. Others like Ben and Kristian have sources but don't have the access allowed to them, boy, I'd like to see Kristian Jack interview Mo for real, with no conditions, restrictions or taboo topics. Until then...we get that mouthpiece from GolTV basically butt-kissing Mo...(and I really can't blame him since MLSE own GolTV now we should never expect anything else from that channel.)

ensco
10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
What I hope Anselmi said to Mo today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTsA-86kky0

nascarguy
10-26-2009, 10:41 PM
What I hope Anselmi said to Mo today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTsA-86kky0
:flare::drinking:

scooterTFC
10-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I've got no insider connections in the TFC locker-room, so I can’t give you guys any scoops. But I do know that in life, reputations are earned. And based on what I have read on this board in all the press coverage over the past 3 years MoJo has definitely earned a reputation as a bit of shifty/slippery character.

On bad days it seems he's portrayed as the' Snake', a guy that the players and coaches don't trust and who’s character is deeply flawed and is the root cause of instability and turmoil in the team’s locker room.

On good days he's portrayed as 'Trader Mo', and he's lauded for being the master manipulator who 'steals' players in one sided trades from other GM's in the league (getting Barrett and Dero for basically nothing). Or 'Recruiter Mo' the master salesman who can convince players from European leagues to come to join the team (Robinson, Dichio, Robert, JDG, Gerba etc).

I suspect that you have to be a bit slippery to be a successful MLS manager. MLS is still a bit of an outpost league in the footie world and to get talent on the roster you probably need some connections, a willingness to tell a few lies and make some promises you might not be able to keep. To manage the salary cap you have to be willing screw players over by signing/re-signing with the promise of a longer term contract knowing full well that the league rules give you the power to break the contract to either release or renegotiate the contract in future.

So is Mo a total dirt bag who can’t be trusted ? Or is he a ‘hustler’ using every angle, league rule, connection and sales tactic he can think of to make the team better. Either way he’s comes off as a slippery character.

On a side note - A bunch of people on this board likes to compare us Seattle. The thing about Seattle is their GM (Hanauer) has built a great first year team… but he’s most probably a real dirt bag behind the scenes. I mean this guy breaks league rules and goes behind the back of the Columbus owners the week after they win the championship and he steals their coach, Schmid, who was still under contract (Seattler got a little wrist slap from the league for tampering). He’s score’s Montero on a shifty sounding loan deal that nobody really understands (I guarantee you that at least have a dozen Columbian soccer coaches and agents will be winning the showcase showdown on the ‘Price is Right’ in the next few years). And pretty much everyone is scratching their heads trying to figure out how he fit his roster under the salary cap… I’m willing to bet that his salary cap strategy involves lots of brown paper bags of cash and some shifty oversees agents who are officially on the books as high priced office cleaning contractors.

MTomas
10-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Does anyone know if this press conference will be streamed online anywhere?

dupont
10-27-2009, 08:57 AM
What time is the conference?

Nuvinho
10-27-2009, 08:58 AM
I heard 10:30ish

DOMIN8R
10-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Assif Hossain says video to follow on TFC tv. I guess they want a chance to edit it. Not much transaparency today a I guess.

TFC Cityboy
10-27-2009, 09:17 AM
The old soviet Pravda ("truth") controlled media is alive and well at BMO Field then eh...

Nuvinho
10-27-2009, 09:24 AM
I guess the presser is underway:

johnston_tfc (http://twitter.com/johnston_tfc) Toronto FC do not renew contract if interim coach Chris Cummins. Good luck, CC.

Northern Soul
10-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I've got no insider connections in the TFC locker-room, so I can’t give you guys any scoops. But I do know that in life, reputations are earned. And based on what I have read on this board in all the press coverage over the past 3 years MoJo has definitely earned a reputation as a bit of shifty/slippery character.

On bad days it seems he's portrayed as the' Snake', a guy that the players and coaches don't trust and who’s character is deeply flawed and is the root cause of instability and turmoil in the team’s locker room.

On good days he's portrayed as 'Trader Mo', and he's lauded for being the master manipulator who 'steals' players in one sided trades from other GM's in the league (getting Barrett and Dero for basically nothing). Or 'Recruiter Mo' the master salesman who can convince players from European leagues to come to join the team (Robinson, Dichio, Robert, JDG, Gerba etc).

I suspect that you have to be a bit slippery to be a successful MLS manager. MLS is still a bit of an outpost league in the footie world and to get talent on the roster you probably need some connections, a willingness to tell a few lies and make some promises you might not be able to keep. To manage the salary cap you have to be willing screw players over by signing/re-signing with the promise of a longer term contract knowing full well that the league rules give you the power to break the contract to either release or renegotiate the contract in future.

So is Mo a total dirt bag who can’t be trusted ? Or is he a ‘hustler’ using every angle, league rule, connection and sales tactic he can think of to make the team better. Either way he’s comes off as a slippery character.

On a side note - A bunch of people on this board likes to compare us Seattle. The thing about Seattle is their GM (Hanauer) has built a great first year team… but he’s most probably a real dirt bag behind the scenes. I mean this guy breaks league rules and goes behind the back of the Columbus owners the week after they win the championship and he steals their coach, Schmid, who was still under contract (Seattler got a little wrist slap from the league for tampering). He’s score’s Montero on a shifty sounding loan deal that nobody really understands (I guarantee you that at least have a dozen Columbian soccer coaches and agents will be winning the showcase showdown on the ‘Price is Right’ in the next few years). And pretty much everyone is scratching their heads trying to figure out how he fit his roster under the salary cap… I’m willing to bet that his salary cap strategy involves lots of brown paper bags of cash and some shifty oversees agents who are officially on the books as high priced office cleaning contractors.

Well said, but I have to question whether it really matters or not. The bottom line is we need results, and we need to make the playoffs. We haven't in 3 seasons, and someone has to be accountable for that.

Nuvinho
10-27-2009, 09:26 AM
"We have decided to move forward without Chris for next season," said manager, director of soccer Mo Johnston. "We want to thank Chris for his contribution to the club over the last year and a half, and wish him all the best in the future. For us, the work now begins on finding a new coach, and getting him in here before pre-season starts February 1st."

mastermixer
10-27-2009, 09:41 AM
So is there a press conference or is the press release all there is?

MTomas
10-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Press conference happening now

Cashcleaner
10-27-2009, 09:47 AM

Even if the late goal situations we constantly found ourselves in was a problem for only this season, man, it was still a big fucking problem! Steve Sandor (the soccer guy who writes for the 24 Hours newspaper) mentioned in his article a few weeks ago that if MLS games were only 75 minutes in length, not only would Toronto be secured in the playoffs, we'd be: "running away with the Supporters Shield!"

Yes, you can say that it's been a problem from Day 1 with the club, but this year it really killed us and our hopes for going big in MLS.

Chevy
10-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Also, major knee surgery for Guevera.

SoccMan
10-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Mo is starting to put the spin on, trying to make it look like it's not his fault, we were playing with all theses injuries, note the anouncement of the "major knee surgery for Guevarra".

felipe
10-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Interesting...I guess that would explain his disappearing act this summer after a wonderful spring; but its funny how its healthy enough to go flat out in nat'l team matches....

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Who's at this thing? anyone? Can we get live updates?

DOMIN8R
10-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Compliments of Ryan Johnson

Mo: Major knee surgery ahead for Amado Guevara, struggled with it the last few games.25 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/johnston_tfc/status/5202067421) from Twitterrific (http://twitterrific.com/)
Mo Johnston cites Cummins' desire to return home as reason, playoff berth would not have changed it.34 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/johnston_tfc/status/5201852915) from Twitterrific (http://twitterrific.com/)
Toronto FC do not renew contract if interim coach Chris Cummins. Good luck, CC.

Carts
10-27-2009, 10:45 AM
They should have done a podium presser & webcast it live on TFC TV...

Carts...

olegunnar
10-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Was there a Q&A? Or just a statement?

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 10:48 AM
^but how would they edit out the bits they don't want on their site then?

Like when (hopefully) these tough talking journos ask the hard questions.

MTomas
10-27-2009, 10:51 AM
hasn't been too much information coming out. I wonder if it's still going on?

Think MLSE took out all the hard asking reporters/bloggers?

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Doubt they'd ever take anyone out. All you do is make statements and get up and leave if you don't want to answer any questions.

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Whats going on ? No info no nothing ?

flambe
10-27-2009, 11:00 AM
"We have decided to move forward without Chris for next season.

So they basically canned CC?

Whoop
10-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Mo is starting to put the spin on, trying to make it look like it's not his fault, we were playing with all theses injuries, note the anouncement of the "major knee surgery for Guevarra".

I just don't understand why the team has to hide behind all these excuses.

I mean they could have said "Guevara has a lower body injury that will require offseason surgery but he can play through it during the summer" in the spring.

But they're always hiding stuff...

And before someone says "You don't want to tell your opponent that you're injured" you hear those kind of announcements all the time. "Player x has x injury but the decision will have to be made whether he will play through it and get offseason surgery or shut him down now."

If Guevara needs major knee surgery I mean he could have been shut down during the season to recuperate faster but he probably wanted to see Honduras get through to the WC and TFC into the playoffs.

fetajr
10-27-2009, 11:11 AM
what were the 'playing time' interference rumors - i missed that

Suds
10-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Part 1 of press conference is now up on TFC TV

werewolf
10-27-2009, 11:30 AM
as is part 2

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 11:43 AM
lol...can MO look any more uncomfortable up there

Nuvinho
10-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Part 1:

- wanted to keep CC on as ast. coach, but wanted to be closer to home
- wanted all the coaching staff to stay
- looking all over for a coach
- takes 100% responsibility
- Mo will not coach again
- Mo has the backing from the owners
- Has agreed to a new contract in August for 2.5 years
- Has not offered the job to anyone else yet for coach
- Wants to bring someone in quickly
- MUST have MLS experience
- Mo not close to the dressing room as people think, doesn't know the bad eggs in the locker room
- CB, Left midfield, and a striker
- Unfornatunate that Garcia has stumbled, and that CC didn't select him
- Sticking up for Garcia

pedro
10-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Mo claims that the buck stops with him and he is the one with final responsibility for poor players signings and coaching failures, and he'll "take it on the chin". What does that mean? What is responsibility without repercussions? If he doesn't leave the organization, how exactly is he being punished? How is anything actually changing?

He goes on to say that if we don't make the playoffs in '10, he's done. Do we believe him?

fetajr
10-27-2009, 11:45 AM
at least Mo didn't tell the press to suck him, like Dieguito

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObliW7HptI0

billyfly
10-27-2009, 11:52 AM
^Someone needs to photoshop that pls. MoJo at presser with caption.

"que me la chupen” and “Hijos de Puta"

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 11:52 AM
PART 1 (my summary, FING DISGUSTING):

2 to be honest with you
2 smiles and winks at Gerry Dobson
2 lies...continues to say JC's departure was about the league & he is not close to the dressing room as the press thinks
2 bucks stops with him
1 Agreed to a new 2.5 year contract in August...waiting on "Finance" whatever that means (F ME...thank you Ansalmi, your ass should be fired for that)
1 "I am sorry but new coach has to MLS experience"...

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Evidently we have a new airport in Toronto...Lamport airport

TorCanSoc
^ Where's Lamport Airport again? Ha! Beat me to it !!! :)

TFC OZZ
I have never disliked a TFC player as much as Garcia.

Nuvinho
Part 2:

- Staying away from addressing the bad apples issue
- Does background tests on the players, knows the good and bad points (blah blah blah)
- We got grass, we got DP, we are gradually getting better
- If it happens in the 4th year (no playoffs) he doesn't expect to be here
- takes 100% for the CC hiring, didn't see anyone out there to hire at that time
- Daso wasn't ready as well
- Thinks problems in the locker room is overexaggerated
- Didn't contact Yallop
- perfect relationship with CC
- CC always picked the team, etc.
- We have 13 or 14 younger guys
- Don't need to change the squad too much
- Guevara will have knee surgery; problem for the past 3 to 4 weeks
- 2 games in Hondorus then he'll have surgery

King Jeff
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
At least someone (Molinaro, I think?) was asking tough questions in Part 2.

Nuvinho
10-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Mo looking a CB, LM, and a striker........no shit........wasn't that what we needed before the season started!!!

jloome
10-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Astounding. Did anyone sense ANY real humility, any real concern?

2.5 years, two months before the season is up? How dumb, exactly, is Tom Anselmi? That's the thing about corporate culture: you don't have to be smart to fit in and get along to get along.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
I guess some people were right about the extension having been done in the summer instead of someone at MLSE saying, "Ummm, let's wait until the end of the season before we talk about contracts."

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Part 2 (one thing is evident...he knows the gig is up and has the fear of god in him now):

1. not part of team meetings and player selection (watch his face is all I have to say when he says that)

2. No concern about supporter backlash (WAIT MOFO...WAIT)

3. Wont be here next year if we dont make playoffs

4. Another to be honest with ya

5. Bad apple perception is over-exaggerated

6. Takes credit for Seattle game...one time he was asked and gave his opinion...LOL

7. dont need to tinker a lot with squad..."3/4 guys looking at"...

8. DD ambassador..academy...not a candidate for a head coach

fetajr
10-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Que chupen y sigan chupando... la cerveza de Maradona
Suck it, and keep on sucking it.. the beer of Maradona

http://e.depor.pe/99/ima/0/0/0/6/9/69344.jpg

TFC Tifoso
10-27-2009, 12:04 PM
can't believe Mo is sticking around for another season........

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Astounding. Did anyone sense ANY real humility, any real concern?

2.5 years, two months before the season is up? How dumb, exactly, is Tom Anselmi? That's the thing about corporate culture: you don't have to be smart to fit in and get along to get along.

I can't watch it.

But you're right about corporate culture, that's exactly what's going on. People who can work in that environment (and there are lots of us ;)) have a particular skill set and it's rare it's also the skill set required for the kind of risky decision making that leads to winning.

Since I've been working in Canadian TV I see so many similarities between the networks here and MLSE - and the TV shows we make and TFC.

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 12:06 PM
PART 2 continued:

1. New coach will inherit existing coaching staff and has to keep them ??? WTF !

2. doesnt interfere one ounce...he just asks difficult questions and tries to push his buttons...thats all

3. CC issue was a Visa issue...he gave CC everything in his contract AND wait for this "a little more" LOL ...this is fing hilarious this press conference

Whoop
10-27-2009, 12:07 PM
It's no surprise though.

I mean everyone was saying he was going to be back when the whole Dichio fiasco was going on.

I think they were going to announce it around that time but then they decided to fuck around with Dichio and said, "Whoa, it might not be wise to announce it at this point."

I don't know what the big surprise is.

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't know, I think he looked sorry for what has happened.

He also strikes me as a man out of ideas. He's right though, you win that last game and there are people waiting at the airport for the team..100%

It's partly the league too here guys. We win on Saturday and we take the 7th playoff spot, not even the last spot!!!!

The whole thing is fucked. Can anyone here honestly say that if we had one more centreback equal to or better than Nana, one even 10 goal striker and one decent...I mean just decent winger and we get rid of Gerba, Garcia, Fellinga, Vitti and maybe Barrett that we wouldn't make the playoffs?? I understand it's about more than that, style of play, coaching etc. but still.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 12:08 PM
MoJo is a snake that's why I don't trust him and don't think next season which will be positive.

Well, the positive is if it's not positive next season, it will mean he'll be gone, which will be a positive.

TFC Tifoso
10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't know, I think he looked sorry for what has happened.

He also strikes me as a man out of ideas. He's right though, you win that last game and there are people waiting at the airport for the team..100%

It's partly the league too here guys. We win on Saturday and we take the 7th playoff spot, not even the last spot!!!!

The whole thing is fucked. Can anyone here honestly say that if we had one more centreback equal to or better than Nana, one even 10 goal striker and one decent...I mean just decent winger and we get rid of Gerba, Garcia, Fellinga, Vitti and maybe Barrett that we wouldn't make the playoffs?? I understand it's about more than that, style of play, coaching etc. but still.

and whose job is it to get those players?.....is it the guy "who has tons of MLS experience"?......the guy who "knows MLS inside out"?......yep.........has he done it in 3 years?.....nope.....

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 12:11 PM
PART 3:

1. Adrian Serioux is a free agent...BRILLIANT...first round draft pick huh MO ?

AND thats it....just watch it is all I have to say...

Whoop
10-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Another defender gone.

Fix the back has to be the priority this off season.

Well, after finding a good coach.

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 12:12 PM
[quote=Pigfynn;770004]He also strikes me as a man out of ideas. He's right though, you win that last game and there are people waiting at the airport for the team..100%

quote]

I think people were waiting at Lamport airport thats the issue LOL

olegunnar
10-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, the positive is if it's not positive next season, it will mean he'll be gone, which will be a positive.

I think that's all we've got left to hold on to.
Sad though...the usual..."There's always next year"...has turned into...."there's always two years from now"

Nuvinho
10-27-2009, 12:16 PM
there is 3 parts??....I gave up after part 2.

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Yes there is a part 3...a trilogy of sorts

bgnewf
10-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I took some notes from the video of the presser and here they are:

Mo agreed to a 2.5 year contract extension in August. Working out money arrangements as we speak.

Says that the next head coach HAS to have MLS experience. Talked about the need for stability in having a MLS experienced coach.

Cummins was going home no matter what happened this season

"Bad Eggs" will be moved out "...very quickly..." Wants names to be named. Claims he does not know about the dissention in the locker room as he is "...upstairs...". "Bad Apples" thing is exaggerated accroding to Mo.

Centre back left midfield and 20 goal striker (same as last winter) are the needs this off season according to Mo.

Did not give Garcia much of a ringing endorsement. said he "...tapered down..." and was not selected by Cummins. Did not address his future.

Season ticket renewals are in good shape. Talked up grass and DP as accomplishments.

If we don't make playoffs next season he expects to be canned.

Took responsibility for choosing Cummins as coach. Felt Dasovic was not ready. Acknowledged that this was a problem. Claims that he never meddled in Cummins' coaching decisions.

Thinks TFC Coach is a glamour job in MLS and that coaching candidates will jump at the chance. Hopes new coach can have input on draft decisions.

"...We don't need to tinker too much with the squad...". Plans to probably move out "...three or four players..."

Concerned with Guevara in World Cup and that he needs "major" knee surgery. Specified that it would take place after Honduras MNT games later this fall. Expects that he will be here in February.

Danny Dichio is not a candidate for head coach. Working on his UEFA A License.

"I keep Hearing" that I am difficult to work for, says Mo. Does not agree.

Believes that the issue with Cummins' spouse was due to a Visa issue and not something "promised" to him by TFC.

"...At the end of the day it's the playoffs...I understand that...".

Gave credit to Cummins for bringing along a lot of the younger players. Claims 16-17 "quality" players is all you can afford under the salary cap.

Not decided on Pablo Vitti. Only Vitti and Serioux are supposedly out of contract. Plans to offer contract to Serioux.

Frei may graduate from Generation Adidas.

Would not comment on collective bargaining issues between players and MLS. CBA is expiring at the end of the season.

Kevvv
10-27-2009, 12:19 PM
And a Cummins part 1 - his 17 & 20 yr old boys couldn't get visas, which seemed to be 'things that were promised'

dupont
10-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Sometimes I think the media in Toronto ends up running our teams more than the GM and coaches do. I think after every loss there is tremendous pressure to change something but that isn't always the best solution.
A lot of the moves Mo has made really strike me as things that supporters and the media were asking for. Maybe that is one of the problems. Maybe we need management and coaches that just tell the supporters and media to piss off and then use their own ideas to produce results.

However next season will be more telling if listening to the supporters was the right direction to take. I want to see how Julian De Guzman works out. Everyone was asking for him and now he's here. He came too late in the season to really effect things so next year is where it really plays out. (I actually think he can work out great but ONLY if a high quality striker comes in as well)

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 12:23 PM
PART 2 continued:

1. New coach will inherit existing coaching staff and has to keep them ??? WTF !

Yes, that's an odd one. If you were generous you could say it was being loyal to the guys who have stuck with the team, but it's also a bit of a restiction for the new coach.

How do people feel about the assistants?

fdasilva
10-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Cummins confirms vehemently that there are bad apples in the dressing room. Speculation anyone?

Nuvinho
10-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Part 3:

- Will take care of Danny
- After MLS Cup they'll be able to speak to coaches
- Likes to use 100% alot when he is speaking (my opinion)
- Keeps hearing from others he is a difficult guy to work with
- Some visa issue crap with CC and his family
- Talking about his successes (draft, JDG, DeRo, $5M for Edu)
- Vitti is free agent now
- 100% used again
- Serioux is a free agent, not many after that
- Didn't give a good answer about Serioux staying
- Younger players may want a raise
- Frei may graduate from GA
- Won't comment on CBA

done.....100% I promise its 100% done.

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 12:27 PM
I want to see how Julian De Guzman works out. Everyone was asking for him and now he's here. He came too late in the season to really effect things so next year is where it really plays out. (I actually think he can work out great but ONLY if a high quality striker comes in as well)

Everyone was NOT asking for him...some people were, true. But his name certainly wasn't bandied around here as the ONLY option. And most knew that signing him for the last month of the season was never going to really help this team THIS year.

As for Mo thinking the TFC coaching job is a "glamour" job and that coaches will jump at it...that officially marks the point where we all finally recognize he has deluded himself.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Everyone was NOT asking for him...some people were, true. But his name certainly wasn't bandied around here as the ONLY option. And most knew that signing him for the last month of the season was never going to really help this team THIS year.

As for Mo thinking the TFC coaching job is a "glamour" job and that coaches will jump at it...that officially marks the point where we all finally recognize he has deluded himself.

Not necessarily. I think it could be.

I mean if you're the guy who can come in and straighten things out you'll be looked at as a hero.

I mean there is the big MoJo factor hanging over you but I figure it would still be better than being the coach in KC or Colorado for example.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 12:33 PM

Ha, sounds like us, we always think everyone wants to come here.

As for waiting till after the MLS Cup, why? Do like Seattle and start tampering now, the league won't do anything.

TFC Tifoso
10-27-2009, 12:33 PM

bingo!

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Really? Glamour job how? Because of the support? Coaches like it, but it doesn't "make" their career.

Coaches want to know they are coming into a stable, successful environment that they can then work with to create an even better, more successful team.

What coach wants to go into a dysfunctional team like the one we have, and work FOR someone (something other coaches don't have to do) only to have that someone take the credit when something good happens but throw his coach under the bus when something bad happens?

Yeah...that's glamorous.

Sigi Schmid went to Columbus even though that is not a "glamorous" city after the most glamorous team in the league, LA ...and now he went to Seattle, why? Because he got control.

Control. That's what coaches want and you'd have to be an idiot to not know that you won't get it at TFC. And do we want an idiot coaching TFC? It seems that will be our only option now. If I was a competent, professional coach...I'd be looking for anywhere BUT Toronto.

Toronto or Norway...everything else? :thumbsup:

billyfly
10-27-2009, 12:40 PM

Straight out of the Leafs handbook.

dupont
10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Everyone was NOT asking for him...some people were, true.

I thought it would be obvious that I was exaggerating when I said "everyone". I just meant that a lot of fans and media seemed to want that. Not literally everyone.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Really? Glamour job how? Because of the support? Coaches like it, but it doesn't "make" their career.

Coaches want to know they are coming into a stable, successful environment that they can then work with to create an even better, more successful team.

What coach wants to go into a dysfunctional team like the one we have, and work FOR someone (something other coaches don't have to do) only to have that someone take the credit when something good happens but throw his coach under the bus when something bad happens?

Yeah...that's glamorous.

Sigi Schmid went to Columbus even though that is not a "glamorous" city after the most glamorous team in the league, LA ...and now he went to Seattle, why? Because he got control.

Control. That's what coaches want and you'd have to be an idiot to not know that you won't get it at TFC. And do we want an idiot coaching TFC? It seems that will be our only option now. If I was a competent, professional coach...I'd be looking for anywhere BUT Toronto.

Toronto or Norway...everything else? :thumbsup:

Do you think MLSE is ever really going to give control to anyone? Is that the reputation they have? Does anyone even have the authority to give it, there's so much buck-passing in that organization it's legendary.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 12:43 PM
I mean it would take a coach with a strong personality to come in here.

Some coaches are just ego driven as players.

A coach can come here and assess the situation and think "I'll take the job despite Mo and do my own thing." Mo could hire him and the coach could take the stance and tell Mo to fuck off. I mean is MLSE going to fire another coach?

And of top of that, TFC is messed up at the moment, but if that coach comes in and does well, it's not the support the coach cares about, but rather, "Holy fuck, you went into Toronto and did well in THAT mess... you must be a helluva coach."

It would be someone head strong who thinks he can handle it. A strong personality. Question is will Mo hire that guy?

I mean some coaches want to come into a mess and fix it because it will look good on them.

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Cummins praised good professionals: Brennan, Robbo and Dero then mentioned Guevara as a good guy.

That's leaves the rest of em' as possible bad apples

felipe
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
That was really interesting..all 6 parts. You watch somehting like that and you remember that they're people same as us doing their best - I think everyone forgets that at times and just see the position or the suit.

What I found interesting is that CC named three true professionals that the youngsters should emulate - Robbo, Brennan and DeRo; what's telling is the ones he didn't name.

From tightest dressing room in the league to total dysfunction in one year. Who was new this year - Gerba, serioux, Vitti, Garcia - are these the guys on the way out?

Shaughno
10-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I actually agree with some of Roogs and some of Whoop's posts. We need a headstrong coach who isn't afraid of management and wants to take on a difficult task. There are plenty of managers like that, but trying to find one that wants to come into this fucked up league and try to figure out this fucked up system... before even getting their feet wet with the actual team? Good luck.

MUFC_Niagara
10-27-2009, 12:48 PM

Because clearly you have spoken to MLS coaches and know how they feel about the TFC coaching job. I move to strike your honour, this is specualtion.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I actually agree with some of Roogs and some of Whoop's posts. We need a headstrong coach who isn't afraid of management and wants to take on a difficult task. There are plenty of managers like that, but trying to find one that wants to come into this fucked up league and try to figure out this fucked up system... before even getting their feet wet with the actual team? Good luck.

That's the problem right here.

How many good managers what to coach in the MLS in the first place?

I still contend that if you want to coach in MLS, Toronto would be a good spot, glamour spot so to speak, as fucked as the organization is at the moment.

But you're working with a limited pool as it is.

Detroit_TFC
10-27-2009, 12:49 PM
It can be done. Clearly Bruce Arena did the right things at LAG to rein in that messed up situation. IMHO the Gals were way more off the track at the beginning of the season than we are currently. The problem is that there may not be a coach of that stature available. What's plan B?

MUFC_Niagara
10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
I thought it would be obvious that I was exaggerating when I said "everyone". I just meant that a lot of fans and media seemed to want that. Not literally everyone.

He likes to argue man, don't worry about it.

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM

While it may be an exaggeration, the sentiment is that JDG was a choice of overwhelming agreement and I simply never got that impression. So even while acknowledging your hyperbole, I still disagree. There was an element that wanted him here...but I wouldn't say anymore than any European star.

Whoop
It can be done. Clearly Bruce Arena did the right things at LAG to rein in that messed up situation. IMHO the Gals were way more off the track at the beginning of the season than we are currently. The problem is that there may not be a coach of that stature available. What's plan B?

Good point Detroit.

I just don't trust MoJo's plan B.

Does he have the wherewithal to hire that good, headstrong coach?

I mean whoever comes in is going to have to make some unpopular decisions. i.e. like benching star players when they're playing like shit.

mastermixer
Cummins confirms vehemently that there are bad apples in the dressing room. Speculation anyone?

He said throughout the presser its not:
Brennan
Robbo
DeRo
Guevera

My guess:
Barrett
Gerba
Garcia
Ibrahim (moved to reserve?)

Roogsy
He likes to argue man, don't worry about it.

And you like to complain about everyone else...so we are all sticking to our patterns...unsurprisingly. You have become the board nag.

olegunnar

Bruce Arena is the guy in LA and has control over player decisions.

The job we have open is for just a coach, to use Mo's pieces.

I doubt we'll get anyone of any sort of stature since the job we have available is a lesser role.

Now if we got rid of Mo and had an opening for a real manager on and off the field...then we'd have a more attractive position for the high qulaity candidates...but we don't.

There's always 2 years from now though. :o

Davenport
10-27-2009, 12:53 PM
When TFC started there was so much promise, but it's all gone wrong.

Whoop
While it may be an exaggeration, the sentiment is that JDG was a choice of overwhelming agreement and I simply never got that impression. So even while acknowledging your hyperbole, I still disagree. There was an element that wanted him here...but I wouldn't say anymore than any European star.

Roogsy, while it might have been everyone, I think the majority of the people here were pretty happy with the signing.

Just look up the old threads it's not hard to do.

A lot of people got caught up in it.

MUFC_Niagara
And a Cummins part 1 - his 17 & 20 yr old boys couldn't get visas, which seemed to be 'things that were promised'

This sounds very strange to be honest, it doesn't sound accurate at all.

Gobi
10-27-2009, 12:55 PM
PART 3:

1. Adrian Serioux is a free agent...BRILLIANT...first round draft pick huh MO ?

AND thats it....just watch it is all I have to say...

This cannot be true. WTF????

Serioux is the best man we have in the back! His work rate is spectacular and his skill tops every other defender we have.

This is prime :picard:.
I'm gonna f*king cry again. FURIOUS!!!!!

MO MUST GO.

MUFC_Niagara
10-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Roogsy, while it might have been everyone, I think the majority of the people here were pretty happy with the signing.

Seeing as how the president of the group started a petition to sign him, I figured it was known that the MAJORITY (not everyone <-----just to be crystal clear) of RPB's wanted him badly.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Not everyone. But I would agree with majority.

I know some were against it. And others were non-committal.

Pigfynn

Serioux is the best man we have in the back! His work rate is spectacular and his skill tops every other defender we have.

MO MUST GO.

This is just my own speculation, but what about Serioux? Do we know he's a good egg? Injured alot...maybe a lack of effort?? Just putting it out there.

Roogsy

Happy with the signing and asking for the signing are two different things Whoop...there are two different points here.

Shoot...I was happy with the signing, if only because finally we were adding more skill to the team, but I sure as hell never asked for it, and I don't think as many people did as the perception that is out there is claiming.

Suds
10-27-2009, 12:59 PM

Have to agree. I talked to as many people who were not in favour of De Guzman. I think the overwhelming sentiment was that the majority wanted a DP, but there was much debate as to who that DP should be.

Davenport
10-27-2009, 12:59 PM
This is just my own speculation, but what about Serioux? Do we know he's a good egg? Injured alot...maybe a lack of effort?? Just putting it out there.
Lack of effort, ability, positional sense, defensive ability, leadership, common sense......I could go on.
He's rubbish.

Whoop
10-27-2009, 01:02 PM
LOL... well you're never going to get a consensus on who the DP should be or should have been.

I guess I misconstrued the wanting and the happy part.

I just said "everyone is happy now that JDG is the DP but if TFC doesn't make the playoffs everyone will blame him."

LOL

People aren't necessarily blaming him but a lot of people are slowly saying that maybe it wasn't a good signing.

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Have to agree. I talked to as many people who were not in favour of De Guzman. I think the overwhelming sentiment was that the majority wanted a DP, but there was much debate as to who that DP should be.

Put better than I could have done...(or did in fact).

This is the point I was trying to make. We ALL wanted a DP, who that DP should have been was completely up in the air depending on who you were speaking to.

And yes...Jack was very much pro-JDG...but Jack's "opinion" doesn't speak for RPB even though someone here made it sound that way.

Parkdale
When TFC started there was so much promise, but it's all gone wrong.

The ship is rapidly taking on water, but we aren't sunk yet.

felipe
Serioux

I can't really fault his effort in games to be honest - he does work hard. Positional sense? Nonexistent.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out he is a 'bad egg'

mastermixer
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM

He was off for a few weeks with a neck problem... cover up?

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
He was off for a few weeks with a neck problem... cover up?

No, I doubt there's anything sinister going on, he jst strikes me as under motivated.

johnmolinaro
10-27-2009, 01:10 PM
If I were you guys I'd be very concerned about this team as it goes forward.

That was quite the dog and pony show down there today, with people saying different things and contradicting each other.

John

Whoop
10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
John, is this something new?

LOL

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 01:12 PM

That was quite the dog and pony show down there today, with people saying different things and contradicting each other.

John

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Davenport
10-27-2009, 01:13 PM
The ship is rapidly taking on water, but we aren't sunk yet.
I like your optimism.
Johnston's definitely not the answer and sadly he'll be in charge for a while.
Hence my pessimism.....or realism.

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Anymore details John?

johnmolinaro
John, is this something new?

LOL

Just saying things are bad and there's a lot of stuff going behind the scenes that I'd be worried about.

John

flatpicker

John

Will you be expanding on that in your next article?

Davenport
10-27-2009, 01:15 PM

John
The sad truth is that none of them knows what it takes to build a successful team.
Only a couple of them know anything at all about the game.
I'm done with them.

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 01:16 PM
I am going to lose it....what the freak is going on behind the scenes now more than the fiasco we saw today right in front of our eyes ????

rocker
10-27-2009, 01:17 PM
We ALL wanted a DP,

not everyone. i was one of the people saying that a DP didn't make a team successful....

i like De Guzman tho, and think he's good to have on this team, whether he was a DP or just a regular roster player.

The thing is, under our coaching system, no DP would make a major difference. For example, a DP striker can't just run through defences and score on his own every time.

Detroit_TFC
10-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Bruce Arena is the guy in LA and has control over player decisions.

The job we have open is for just a coach, to use Mo's pieces.

I doubt we'll get anyone of any sort of stature since the job we have available is a lesser role.

Now if we got rid of Mo and had an opening for a real manager on and off the field...then we'd have a more attractive position for the high qulaity candidates...but we don't.

There's always 2 years from now though. :o

True, I forgot about that. In fact having control of player recruitment was one of Arena's prerequisites for going to LA.

Red CB Toronto
10-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Let this process just run its course, because if we like it or not, that is what will happen, we simply do not have the ability to walk in Mo's shoes, the choices will be his, he has his mind on the money and is simply not going away, especially with a newly minted 2 1/2 year contract in hand.

The dynamics of a locker room are a big part of a successful team, not everyone will like each other, but in good situations they will agree to get along, we do not know what exactly was going with the Reds, but I believe it will sort its self out.

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 01:20 PM
not everyone. i was one of the people saying that a DP didn't make a team successful....

True. But at least my exaggeration is a more accurate depiction of the general sentiment of fans than the statement "we all wanted a DP and we all wanted De Guzman".

Really, the only accurate statement that can be made about this issue is that there was probably a majority of fans that wanted a designated player but who that player would be was never broadly agreed...would most agree with that statement?

johnmolinaro
10-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I am going to lose it....what the freak is going on behind the scenes now more than the fiasco we saw today right in front of our eyes ????

can't publish a story about all of it, but if you guys invite me to your end-of-season bash and buy me beers, I might spill the beans... :)

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I am guessing that what John is hinting at is that we might be losing players because of this...that would be freaking devestating..

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 01:22 PM
can't publish a story about all of it, but if you guys invite me to your end-of-season bash and buy me beers, I might spill the beans... :)

Perfect...I'll treat you :-)

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 01:22 PM

Why would we do that? I did last year and you were no-show amigo!

In fact...you owe ME a beer! :lol:

brad
10-27-2009, 01:23 PM

With an invite like that, I have a feeling you are going to a very drunk man...

Whoop
10-27-2009, 01:25 PM
I think we all know that TFC, at the moment, is a shit show.

We just don't know the exact specifics.

Oldtimer
10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks, John.

I think we have a clear idea that we are not getting the truth, and haven't been about many issues most of the year.
It's good to see that you in the media are persuing things further.

mastermixer
10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Here is my synical eye thinking what's going on behind the scenes (just my opinion, nothing to back it):
1)Both JDG and DeRo do not want to be here. JDG did it out of desperation and DeRo realizes what a circus this team is and wants out.
2)Mo covering up that he has no say in the team stuff, so that he can attract a coach. If a reporter asks that question what is he going to say "Yes I'm a tough guy to deal with" of course not. He got Cummins to go along with it, what does he care.
3)I think cummins gave up on this team a long time ago and just went along with it.
4)Barrett the most unreliable player yet the most playing time. Something doesnt add up.

Anyone else have any "behind the scenes" guesses?

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
^ No way, if John's saying be worried, be concerned to a bunch of people who already think we're a shit show then I'm fing worried.

Oldtimer
10-27-2009, 01:28 PM
If DeRo is gone, I'd be devastated.

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
There'd be big, big problems in Toronto if that happened.....BIG.

johnmolinaro
10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Why would we do that? I did last year and you were no-show amigo!

In fact...you owe ME a beer! :lol:

I had to work on the day of the party last year! Invite me this year and I'll be there. Guaranteed.

John

Parkdale
10-27-2009, 01:30 PM

but will you actually show up this time? :D

Jay P
10-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Do you think MLSE is ever really going to give control to anyone? Is that the reputation they have? Does anyone even have the authority to give it, there's so much buck-passing in that organization it's legendary.

what about colangelo and burke?

Suds
10-27-2009, 01:36 PM

John - Do you know if all the players were there today and available for questions from the media? Or, just a select group of players available for questions?

TFC Cityboy
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
^ No way, if John's saying being worried, be concerned to a bunch of people who already think we're a shit show then I'm fing worried.
too bloody right. Not exactly cryptic and it's not like John's using a pseudonym on the boards.

I get the feeling TFC is like a volcano ready to erupt right now.
IF one the big names IS the problem, we need to get rid of the problem, no one is bigger than the club.

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
maybe we have players threatening not come back if MO is still here...that would not surprise me.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 01:48 PM

Considering every team they have is in such bad shape this isn't surprising and is there really anything new here? Is TFC special in some way that the other teams aren't?

Oldtimer
10-27-2009, 01:50 PM
maybe we have players threatening not come back if MO is still here...that would not surprise me.

If MO is the problem, MO must go.

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 01:50 PM
^You mean besides the fact that this is a TFC supporters forum and not a Raptors or Leafs chat room...so who cares about them?

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 01:54 PM
^You mean besides the fact that this is a TFC supporters forum and not a Raptors or Leafs chat room...so who cares about them?

The only reason to care is to try and get to the root of the problem.

If this ownership responds to fans' concerns (and I think they do) then the fans better have the right concerns. If all we're doing is re-arranging the chairs on the Titanic, what's the point?

You know how you guys say that no one who's any good would ever work for Mo? Well, the question is, do you think that stops with Mo? Does it? Would someone really good work for the suits at MLSE?

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 01:54 PM

If you are Ansalmi, how the heck do you justify this to MLSE brass...tanking this guy now after giving him a 2.5 year extension in August. This is so ugly and this contract extension gets Ansalmi "vested" in MO which could mean that they are going down together...

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 01:56 PM
The only reason to care is to try and get to the root of the problem.

If this ownership responds to fans' concerns (and I think they do) then the fans better have the right concerns. If all we're doing is re-arranging the chairs on the Titanic, what's the point?

You know how you guys say that no one who's any good would ever work for Mo? Well, the question is, do you think that stops with Mo? Does it? Would someone really good work for the suits at MLSE?

Point taken

Section 117
10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
too bloody right. Not exactly cryptic and it's not like John's using a pseudonym on the boards.

I get the feeling TFC is like a volcano ready to erupt right now.
IF one the big names IS the problem, we need to get rid of the problem, no one is bigger than the club.

It is not any player. If you read post from VPjr, Big Bruva who have some insight into the team, it is not the players it is the person in charge....

The problem is if you promise people things and you don't deliver how should the people that were promised things feel. This IMO is the problem you have our best player who IMO is not worth DP money was promised it even though MLS rules would not allow it ala Cooper with Dallas.

Now Mo goes and signs JDG to a salary double of the most influential player on team and the worst part is they are friends. How should Dero feel???

Mo IMO screwed up this team and there is no way to fix it unless he leaves so ladies and gents be prepared for another 2.5 years of this shit

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 01:58 PM
If you are Ansalmi, how the heck do you justify this to MLSE brass...tanking this guy now after giving him a 2.5 year extension in August. This is so ugly and this contract extension gets Ansalmi "vested" in MO which could mean that they are going down together...

...but, can you afford to set the precedent of players demanding people be fired and they are? I don't think so. As it has been said, no one is bigger than the club.

Razor
10-27-2009, 01:59 PM
So much for the 5 year plan. *sigh*

Mo better fucking deliver this winter because this dog and pony show can't go on for much longer. Get rid of anyone that is a cancer in the clubhouse and hire someone that can be assertive and take charge.

No more fucking bullshit!!!

mclaren
10-27-2009, 02:02 PM

I think it's quite clear now that MO is the problem. Chris basically said as much and you can tell DeRo doesn't like him either. It seems as plain as day to me but maybe I'm wrong.

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 02:03 PM

Mo isn't going to bring Anselmi down. I doubt his salary is much more than an average (or even below average since they have so many of them) Leaf player.

This is all about pride and Anselmi refusing to acknowledge a mistake.

mclaren
10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
The other question is what was DeRo promised that he didn't get?

TFC Cityboy
10-27-2009, 02:04 PM
So...have we found a new use for the big Danny Dichio TIFO banner?
said only half in jest

:)

jloome
10-27-2009, 02:05 PM

MO MUST GO.

You must be joking.
Not about Mo, about Serioux.
He absolutely choked in the biggest games. Two of the NY goals were entirely his fault, and another was partly.

He's a terrible centre back with occasional bouts of stability. If he's back as a starter here next year, we're doomed.

mclaren
So much for the 5 year plan. *sigh*

Mo better fucking deliver this winter because this dog and pony show can't go on for much longer. Get rid of anyone that is a cancer in the clubhouse and hire someone that can be assertive and take charge.

No more fucking bullshit!!!

Mo's interviews/news conferences don't exactly instill much confidence - he seems very nervous as though he knows what he is saying is not true and he has no confidence in himself but the fact is he has never had success in the position he's in.

Beach_Red

That's a good question. Likely there are some 'out' clauses in the contract. Mo said himself he'd be gone next year if they don't make the playoffs, that may or may not be his choice, it might beiin the contract. He said they were still working out details, "finance," and so on.

It's maybe the biggest problem with corporate culture, it's all about covering your ass, taking as few risk as possible and settling for the safe route. It's pretty much the opposite of the, "go big or go home," attitude needed.

I mean, ultimately the team is owned by a fucking pension plan, what could be less suited to work in something as risky as sports?

mclaren
10-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Is Serioux the cancer in the dressing room? He always appears very moody and sullen.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Too bad CC had to go he was not the problem, MO's not the problem and MLSE is not the problem for this past season the responsibility from for this should be on the Players..except for Frie , Serioux and Wynne who are the clubs best assets..we need to build around them are let go of the underacheivers, Barrett, DeRo, etc until that happens..we will continue to struggle.

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 02:07 PM
...but, can you afford to set the precedent of players demanding people be fired and they are? I don't think so. As it has been said, no one is bigger than the club.

If I was Ansalmi, and I am not, I am much better looking, just kidding :-) , I would fire MO in a few weeks, and message internally at MLSE that there have been revelations made by the players (that he was recently made aware of) that caused him to action Mo. Publicly, it would be Mo leaving TFC for personal reasons (he gets a nice payout), and all is good.

Ansalmi has to feel that this is totally falling apart for him to do that.

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Mo's interviews/news conferences don't exactly instill much confidence - he seems very nervous as though he knows what he is saying is not true and he has no confidence in himself but the fact is he has never had success in the position he's in.

We should bring this guy in to analyze Mo's press conferences:

http://www.impawards.com/tv/posters/lie_to_me.jpg

Razor
10-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Too bad CC had to go he was not the problem, MO's not the problem and MLSE is not the problem for this past season the responsibility from for this should be on the Players..except for Frie , Serioux and Wynne who are the clubs best assets..we need to build around them are let go of the underacheivers, Barrett, DeRo, etc until that happens..we will continue to struggle.

You must be kidding, right? Is this post a joke?

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 02:10 PM
You must be kidding, right? Is this post a joke?

:smilielol5:

The response of incredulity at Mighty's posts almost make them worth reading.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 02:13 PM
If I was Ansalmi, and I am not, I am much better looking, just kidding :-) , I would fire MO in a few weeks, and message internally at MLSE that there have been revelations made by the players (that he was recently made aware of) that caused him to action Mo. Publicly, it would be Mo leaving TFC for personal reasons (he gets a nice payout), and all is good.

Ansalmi has to feel that this is totally falling apart for him to do that.

And he'd have to have somewhere to go after that because then HE'D be the guy who'd have to call new manager-coach prospects making promises about how they'll get total control and how they'll be treated. Do you think he has the authority to make those promises? Do you think anyone would believe him?

C.Ronaldo
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
anyone have a recap of what mo said?

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Mo isn't going to bring Anselmi down. I doubt his salary is much more than an average (or even below average since they have so many of them) Leaf player.

This is all about pride and Anselmi refusing to acknowledge a mistake.

I agree that he typically would not, but if you have a season holder revolt and/or issues that start to impact the franchise valuation or MLSE brand (some of you might laugh at that), then Ansalmi is at risk.

Pigfynn
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
anyone have a recap of what mo said?

The whole thing is on TFCTV and in this thread.

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 02:19 PM
You must be joking.
Not about Mo, about Serioux.
He absolutely choked in the biggest games. Two of the NY goals were entirely his fault, and another was partly.

He's a terrible centre back with occasional bouts of stability. If he's back as a starter here next year, we're doomed.

But he's not a centre back! And I think he knows it. Knowing we are quite full at that position, I think that will be a major influence on him leaving for a team that will likely employ him where he likes to play, defensive mid.

Ragging on Adrian for being an average or CB is like ragging on Cronin for that horrible backpass that led to a goal on Saturday as well. The truth is that NEITHER of them should have been put in that position...and that falls on Mo, not the players.

Do any of us want to see Gerba play CB? :lol:

Don't put it past Mo. "He's got size that one...help us in the middle he can."

I don't know why my "scottish" accent sounds like Yoda...but there it is.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 02:24 PM
But he's not a centre back! And I think he knows it. Knowing we are quite full at that position, I think that will be a major influence on him leaving for a team that will likely employ him where he likes to play, defensive mid.

Ragging on Adrian for being an average or CB is like ragging on Cronin for that horrible backpass that led to a goal on Saturday as well. The truth is that NEITHER of them should have been put in that position...and that falls on Mo, not the players.

Quit making these suggestions. When they let Sutton go I thought they'd try and put him at CB first, to see how that worked. So just, Shhhhh, okay.

trane
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM

I still do not understand the entire Gerba thing, I understand much of the criticism and I cannot say that it is unfounded, but could we not have given him some more playing time? He was brought in, and then he was hardly played. Sure he may have been a bust, but I see not down side to acctualy giving him a chance.

Roogsy
10-27-2009, 02:34 PM
At CB? LOL!

trane
10-27-2009, 02:35 PM
^ No at striker. I just do not think he was played enought to get a true idea of what he could do.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 02:36 PM
At CB? LOL!

Look at what it's come to, we're talking about who would be the better CB, Gerba or Sutton.

There's really only one thing to do:

:drinking:

trane
10-27-2009, 02:39 PM
The thing that I do not understand is that I have seen Gerba play before, and he was never the fastest, but here he did looked lead footed at times. Something was up. Still I would have liked to see a run of games were he got serious minutes before giving up on him the way that Cummins did.

KRO
10-27-2009, 02:44 PM
^ No at striker. I just do not think he was played enought to get a true idea of what he could do.
He was played more than enough to see that he is a waste of space. He started every game until Cummins realised that and then he played him as little as possible. Give me Chad over Gerba any day.

CretanBull
10-27-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't think the issue was "why didn't Gerba get more minutes" but rather "why did Gerba show up so out of shape that he couldn't play more than a few minutes at a time?"

johnmolinaro
10-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Toronto FC, coach Cummins part ways: http://ff.im/-aB4R3.

Story on the state of affairs with team to follow tonight. it ain't pretty folks.

John
http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Super
10-27-2009, 02:51 PM

Why not, though? You're a journalist: break the story! We'll stand up for you! Let us know who gives you grief and they'll be on the supporters shit list #1. We deserve to know what is going on - and you and your colleagues are the only ones who can tell us the story. Seriously, we will not be bullied by this organization in any way shape or form.

Cashcleaner
10-27-2009, 02:52 PM
^^ You mean on CBC news, John?

trane
10-27-2009, 02:58 PM
He was played more than enough to see that he is a waste of space. He started every game until Cummins realised that and then he played him as little as possible. Give me Chad over Gerba any day.

Well, you got your wish, we had Chad "fielgoal" Barrett playing striker untill the bitter end. How did that go?

Again I am not a Chad Barrett hates, but I am a Chad Barrett at striker hater, I have seen more then enought of him to realize he is no striker, but a filedgoal kicker. Maybe Gerba was not the answer, but I would think that you would need a little more time to realy determine this.

trane
10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't think the issue was "why didn't Gerba get more minutes" but rather "why did Gerba show up so out of shape that he couldn't play more than a few minutes at a time?"

That may be true. As I said he certainly looke more lead footed then I have ever seen him not that he was ever a speedster, but he was defentely ploding at times.

I can defently believe this. I have seen him play, and for my money he is an MLS starting striker. However, fitness seems to be his issue.

King Jeff
10-27-2009, 03:01 PM

John

Presumably you saw a lot more than TFC TV showed, but the impression I seemed to get from all of the players (De Ro especially) is that they don't like Mo. Barrett made some comment about too much turnover; De Ro implied it.

Other than that, the only real inconsistencies I noticed were Brennan denying all unhappiness, despite all others (including Cummins) confirming it. Considering everything Brennan says is a cliche, I don't read much into that.

Cashcleaner
10-27-2009, 03:11 PM

John

Spill it, John. Let's hear what you really make of all this. We can only get the info as word of mouth or from the various soundbites and videoclips people send our way.

There's no doubt in my mind that Mo has the support of MLSE, but not of the locker room. Is there anything else we're not being told?

Super
10-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Spill it, John. Let's hear what you really make of all this. We can only get the info as word of mouth or from the various soundbites and videoclips people send our way.

There's no doubt in my mind that Mo has the support of MLSE, but not of the locker room. Is there anything else we're not being told?

The problem for John is that if he does indeed spill the beans, he is likely to get blacklisted. This is why we need to step up the pressure and make our voices heard to ensure that journalists like John can publish the story without fear of reprisals.

wzhxvy
10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Just received this email from Mo Johnstone or more likely the PR/COMM people at TFC...yeah that email makes me feel better...not.

Beach_Red
10-27-2009, 03:55 PM
The problem for John is that if he does indeed spill the beans, he is likely to get blacklisted. This is why we need to step up the pressure and make our voices heard to ensure that journalists like John can publish the story without fear of reprisals.

You're right, but pretty soon we can ask, blacklisted from what? Like every other organization, it seems they are managing their contact with the press so much, what is official access getting anybody?

Marco2K
10-27-2009, 05:26 PM
I am fucking Pissed.

MO DID U THINK OF STEPPING DOWN???

NO WAY I AM NOT A QUITER. GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

shwade
10-27-2009, 06:11 PM
The other question is what was DeRo promised that he didn't get?

Wasn't it that he was going to be DP? If that is the case then DeRo seriously needs to get over it.

mclaren
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM
I am fucking Pissed.

MO DID U THINK OF STEPPING DOWN???

NO WAY I AM NOT A QUITER. GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

I wish Mo was a quitter.

MG42
10-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Toronto FC, coach Cummins part ways: http://ff.im/-aB4R3.

Story on the state of affairs with team to follow tonight. it ain't pretty folks.

John
http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

anything yet?

johnmolinaro
10-27-2009, 07:25 PM
anything yet?

working on it. hope to publish it tonight, but you may have to wait until tomorrow.

John