PDA

View Full Version : MoJo to address the media Tuesday

Pages : 1 [2]

kaos197O
10-27-2009, 07:26 PM
I am fucking Pissed.

MO DID U THINK OF STEPPING DOWN???

NO WAY I AM NOT A QUITER. GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

He said he would if he fails to get us to the playoffs for 2010! We all know the his word MEANS something now don't we?

TFC Cityboy
10-27-2009, 08:55 PM
working on it. hope to publish it tonight, but you may have to wait until tomorrow.

John

Kudos for asking some of the more difficult questions today, John, rather than whoever asked the oh-so-easy "do you think the team needs rebuilding or just tweaking?" DUH...what kind of answer do you really expect to that?

Looking forward to reading between the lines of whatever you publish.

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM
I watched the Mo-conference today and had kind of a sobering though - if there's this much spin, half-truthing, and misrepresentation with an MLS team, just think how much government and business leaders are lying to us.

andyc
10-27-2009, 11:02 PM
I just finished catching up on the press conferences from today.

It's simple - Mo has to go!

Look at the body language, the cries for support from his employee he screwed over, inconsistencies in stories and clear lack of interest and care about his employees...

BLAH! Mo has to go!

Whoop
10-27-2009, 11:05 PM
What I posted in another thread.

Just saw the interviews for the first time.

Mo looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

This guy inspires no confidence. Doesn't "sound" like he has a plan... or is that the same plan as after year 1?

I think people are confusing criticism of Mo as not supporting your team.

That's not the case.

I can talk about having plans and how to carry them out... been there, done that, still doing it. But I won't get into it... those who know me can ask me.

This guy does not inspire confidence. And when you don't inspire confidence, the guys below you are fucked.

stretchthetruth
10-27-2009, 11:46 PM
so they agreed that CC wouldnt coach next year 2 weeks ago? sounds like he packed 'er in early and the players knew it. this team is fucked.

johnmolinaro
10-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Kudos for asking some of the more difficult questions today, John, rather than whoever asked the oh-so-easy "do you think the team needs rebuilding or just tweaking?" DUH...what kind of answer do you really expect to that?

Looking forward to reading between the lines of whatever you publish.

With regards to asking tough questions, that's why I get pad the big money! well, I get paid, any anyway...

here's the story. sorry for the delay:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/10/27/sp-mls-torontofc-cummins.html

FluSH
10-27-2009, 11:57 PM
^^^
I'll also take it your one of the reporters that Cummins didn't get along with as he mentioned in his speech .... zing!

johnmolinaro
10-28-2009, 12:03 AM
I should also say this, because I know people are going to read what I wrote and assume and ask me, so here goes: NO, Jim Brennan is not one of the bad apples.

John

Whoop
10-28-2009, 12:05 AM
John, good job.

Brennan might not be a bad apple but as the captain he should be on the same page as his teammates. I mean maybe he's trying to "protect" the team but I think we can see where the division lies.

TFC Cityboy
10-28-2009, 08:39 AM
From Jimmy's body language when asked about the bad apples (scratching his neck, nervous posture) you KNOW what he was saying was a diplomatic way of towing the corporate line.
IF CC had gone to Mo about certain troublemakers, and Mo turned around and told CC to handle it, that is a telling indictment.
If Mo is the guy to bring players in and Chris was merely the lacky there to coach them , Mo cannot shrug off those kinds of issues- it is a neglect of duty.

olegunnar
10-28-2009, 08:40 AM
From Jimmy's body language when asked about the bad apples (scratching his neck, nervous posture) you KNOW what he was saying was a diplomatic way of towing the corporate line.
IF CC had gone to Mo about certain troublemakers, and Mo turned around and told CC to handle it, that is a telling indictment.
If Mo is the guy to bring players in and Chris was merely the lacky there to coach them , Mo cannot shrug off those kinds of issues- it is a neglect of duty.

Jimmy had to say what he said.
He wants one more year.
He can't start airing dirty laundry and naming names if he wants to come back.

wzhxvy
10-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Given Jimmy's rapid decline of play lately, his PR skills and ability to support the MO regime are the only things keeping him with TFC.

TFC Cityboy
10-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Jimmy had to say what he said.
He wants one more year.
He can't start airing dirty laundry and naming names if he wants to come back.

yet another example of individuals towing the corporate line for their own situation rather than the good of the club moving forward. While I don't expect a club skipper (or a coach) to name names publicly, these issues should be dealt with by the Manager/Coach/Captain line of command, not allowed to fester like a cancer within the team.

I hope those in positions to have been able to nip this issue in the bud and discipline/weed out the trouble-makers feel really proud of themselves over the long winter to come.

As the backbone of this club, we deserve better than this.

CoachGT
10-28-2009, 10:31 AM
yet another example of individuals towing the corporate line for their own situation rather than the good of the club moving forward. While I don't expect a club skipper (or a coach) to name names publicly, these issues should be dealt with by the Manager/Coach/Captain line of command, not allowed to fester like a cancer within the team.

I hope those in positions to have been able to nip this issue in the bud and discipline/weed out the trouble-makers feel really proud of themselves over the long winter to come.

I'm hoping that there is a somewhat different positioning of this inside the locker room.

Airing dirty laundry, even to the fans who live and breathe the team, isn't the best option. This is a time where inside the room somebody had better be taking names and kicking a$$!

TFC Tifoso
10-28-2009, 10:33 AM
so why are people who praised Dichio for displaying class in the face of controversey, knocking OUR CAPTAIN for the exact same thing?....

one thing is clear as day for me.......we should be considered lucky to have a guy like Jimmy B on our team and as our captain......he is proud to wear our shirt every time he steps on the field which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for some others.......

TFC Cityboy
10-28-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm hoping that there is a somewhat different positioning of this inside the locker room.

Airing dirty laundry, even to the fans who live and breathe the team, isn't the best option. This is a time where inside the room somebody had better be taking names and kicking a$$!

Indeed. Dirty laundry should never be aired in public. Perhaps attempts to quell the issues in private had failed...

That embarassment in NY makes more sense now, if some of the players didn't give a flying f##k about making the playoffs.

Kudos to young Sam Cronin to stand up and be counted and to say what he did. Future skipper material, that lad.

Section 117
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
so why are people who praised Dichio for displaying class in the face of controversey, knocking OUR CAPTAIN for the exact same thing?....

one thing is clear as day for me.......we should be considered lucky to have a guy like Jimmy B on our team and as our captain......he is proud to wear our shirt every time he steps on the field which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for some others.......

Because Danny got screwed and Jimmy yeah he has heart, but the drop off in his play from year 1 to now is incredible. He is terrible at marking men, his spacing his hideous, he knows only how to hoof a ball forty yards down field come on now.

He is capitain by default Toronto boy BLAH BLAH BLAH. The only reason he signed is he couldn't find a spot in England. He is not the leader of this team. You can see this by pre game talks it is rarely him and the way he handles the players on this team on the field. Do I know who should be captain? IMO from what I have heard the most vocal person in the locker room is Dero.

Lets me completely honest here would Jimmy be starting as a LB on any other team in the MLS I think not. He is at best a bench player to cover a LM player. Heart can only give you so much, you need skill and he lacks the skill at this point of his career

Whoop
10-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Jimmy does have heart, and he loves the badge and I like him for that.

But he handled that question poorly.

That wasn't really a "classy" response. You never throw your teammates under the bus - though as a captain you can call out players so to speak, ie. we have to work harder, we have to listen to each other. That's standard practice, not class. The word classy is misused there. Well, not the same way I think a Dichio would have handled it.

While everyone was talking about divisions in the dressing room, he pretty much lied and/or sounded like Mo when he said it wasn't an issue. He doesn't have to name names but he doesn't have to dismiss it. And to say there are no issues while shit is flying all around him makes him naive and/or clueless.

He could have something along the lines of

"Listen, when you're together with a group of guys for 8-9 months, there are going to be disagreements, arguments, like with any relationship. Were there problems, have there been problems? Sure. But we have a good group of guys here and we've able to deal with those issues as they've come along. But that wasn't the reason we lost. We, as a team, just didn't do what we had to do down the stretch and in that final game to get us in the playoffs. It's our fault and we should accept the responsibilities of that result. If that means changes in the off-season, it would be totally understandable. I mean, I have to look myself in the mirror as well, and see what I, as the captain, could have done to make this team better."

or something like that

TFC Tifoso
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Because Danny got screwed and Jimmy yeah he has heart, but the drop off in his play from year 1 to now is incredible. He is terrible at marking men, his spacing his hideous, he knows only how to hoof a ball forty yards down field come on now.

He is capitain by default Toronto boy BLAH BLAH BLAH. The only reason he signed is he couldn't find a spot in England. He is not the leader of this team. You can see this by pre game talks it is rarely him and the way he handles the players on this team on the field. Do I know who should be captain? IMO from what I have heard the most vocal person in the locker room is Dero.

Lets me completely honest here would Jimmy be starting as a LB on any other team in the MLS I think not. He is at best a bench player to cover a LM player. Heart can only give you so much, you need skill and he lacks the skill at this point of his career

Jimmy does have heart, and he loves the badge and I like him for that.

But he handled that question poorly.

That wasn't really a "classy" response. You never throw your teammates under the bus - though as a captain you can call out players so to speak, ie. we have to work harder, we have to listen to each other. That's standard practice, not class. The word classy is misused there. Well, not the same way I think a Dichio would have handled it.

While everyone was talking about divisions in the dressing room, he pretty much lied and/or sounded like Mo when he said it wasn't an issue. He doesn't have to name names but he doesn't have to dismiss it. And to say there are no issues while shit is flying all around him makes him naive and/or clueless.

He could have something along the lines of

"Listen, when you're together with a group of guys for 8-9 months, there are going to be disagreements, arguments, like with any relationship. Were there problems, have there been problems? Sure. But we have a good group of guys here and we've able to deal with those issues as they've come along. But that wasn't the reason we lost. We, as a team, just didn't do what we had to do down the stretch and in that final game to get us in the playoffs. It's our fault and we should accept the responsibilities of that result. If that means changes in the off-season, it would be totally understandable. I mean, I have to look myself in the mirror as well, and see what I, as the captain, could have done to make this team better."

or something like that

Fair enough guys......just wanted to see the reasoning.

Sure, perhaps class wasn't the right word to use, but both guys handled it by saying little to diffuse the situation. Although I'm not quite sore anything that is said would make it better anyways. Dichio also denied anything was going on behind the scenes in the interview he have before Seattle (i believe).

as far as not playing him......well who do we have that is better? Not saying it makes it right, but that the man who gets these players is not doing his job.....common knowledge by now.....

C.Ronaldo
10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Okay

can someone please list the "GOOD APPLES"?

Since no one wants to list the bad apples.

Whoop
10-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Fair enough guys......just wanted to see the reasoning.

Sure, perhaps class wasn't the right word to use, but both guys handled it by saying little to diffuse the situation. Although I'm not quite sore anything that is said would make it better anyways. Dichio also denied anything was going on behind the scenes in the interview he have before Seattle (i believe).

as far as not playing him......well who do we have that is better? Not saying it makes it right, but that the man who gets these players is not doing his job.....common knowledge by now.....

LOL... it still falls on Mo.

It's Called Football
10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Today's daily show:

How Chris Cummins' family situation ultimately decided his fate with Toronto FC, the revelation that Mo Johnston has signed the 2 1/2 year extension with the club, the Bad Apples in the dressing room, Amado Guevara's knee and the latest round in the SAAC vs CSA bout.

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/352976

anto7
10-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Just finally got around to watching the interviews on TFC TV. Very, very interesting and somewhat disturbing. I thought it was particularly interesting that Chris Cummins was in the room throughout Mo's speech, almost as if he was waiting to listen to see what bullshit Mo was going to say about him. I have a lot of respect for Cummins as a person, I think he genuinely did the best that he could do in what were very difficult circumstances that were handed to him. He may not have been the best coach at times but he sees that himself and is the first to admit it. I have e feeling that he could have said far more truths than he did and would not be totally surprised if he lets more out of the bag when he gets home.
Wish I could say that I have the same respect for Mo but unfortunately when I hear him speak I cannot help thinking that he is lying through his teeth.

TFC Tifoso
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
LOL... it still falls on Mo.

It always falls on Mo :D

Blizzard
10-28-2009, 02:18 PM

That's toeing the corporate line. The line is on the floor and you put your toe up to it.

... and incidentally, I don't feel that airing one's dirty laundry in public is good for the club. On the contrary, it is the worst thing that can be done for the club.

... and certainly, any player on any club has to tread (another foot referecne their folks) lightly if they want a future in the game.

B

Blizzard
10-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Just finally got around to watching the interviews on TFC TV. Very, very interesting and somewhat disturbing. I thought it was particularly interesting that Chris Cummins was in the room throughout Mo's speech, almost as if he was waiting to listen to see what bullshit Mo was going to say about him. I have a lot of respect for Cummins as a person, I think he genuinely did the best that he could do in what were very difficult circumstances that were handed to him. He may not have been the best coach at times but he sees that himself and is the first to admit it. I have e feeling that he could have said far more truths than he did and would not be totally surprised if he lets more out of the bag when he gets home.
Wish I could say that I have the same respect for Mo but unfortunately when I hear him speak I cannot help thinking that he is lying through his teeth.

I don't think he was. He was in the next room waiting his turn.

B