PDA

View Full Version : So I was wearing around my TFC jersey today...(story)

prizby
10-25-2009, 08:54 PM
and I had several people come up to me and say, you shouldn't be wearing that after last nights embarassment (or stuff along those lines)

I told them flat out that no matter what the result, no matter how frustrating it is, and no matter how mad I get at them, I am with, behind, and will always be Toronto FC

just a reminder to those who may be feeling down or whatever, it is still our team, and we back this up with our colours, pride, and honour :)

thanks all, for a thrilling season with a ton of ups and downs (cuz thats what it really was)

prizby

TFC Cityboy
10-25-2009, 08:58 PM
quite right brother. No one's in this for the glory!

ForestGlade
10-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I wore my Canadian Champions shirt to a hockey game. Couple people asked why last nights game wasn't available, said they would've watched it

Take note, TFC. Give CBC/RSN the last game of the season

4evared
10-25-2009, 09:01 PM
+1 Prizby. I wore my Danny scarf all day today and will do all winter until we descend upon BMO field for a new and hopefull season.

ArmenJBX
10-25-2009, 09:02 PM
I had some poor uninformed soul come up to me, grinning, asking what happened. I had to tell him we lost 5-0 to NYRB. He just stood there for a second, looked at his feet and walked away with his head shaking.

REDJUVE
10-25-2009, 09:07 PM
You've got it dead on prizby.... Toronto 'Til I Die !

FluSH
10-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I was wearing my TFC sweater... and I got... "Did you see last nights game!" I wish I could tell him that I didn't...

Brooker
10-25-2009, 09:14 PM
I threw mine in the garbage and bought a Crew jersey.

now... do I get Archer or Schelloto on the back?

TFCtoMUFC
10-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Dont forget we live in Toronto, the land of fair weather fans.

dclaro
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM
its the people who stick with the team through the rough times that are the real fans, not the ones who jump on after consecutive world club cup champions(one can dream)

Roogsy
10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
I wore my TFC top around NYC all day today and I will do it all winter.

The organization might be an embarrassment, but this is my team and they represent Toronto...I'm a Toronto boy through and through.

Pigfynn
10-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Amen Roogs...I share your sickness.

...and it IS a sickness

Roogsy
10-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh for sure. The looks I get from my wife says it all. But all I gotta do is buy her a pair of shoes and all is good...LOL!

Pigfynn
10-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I tell you what...

I sat in the Failte (the KW Crew's pub) last night and even before kickoff I really didn't expect much. We had a great turn out and everyone was positive. I had a bad feeling all week and when it started to go wrong I actually relaxed and started to feel truly comfortable for the first time since March.

This team and all it's drama, occupies so much of my thoughts and time and I worry and wait and hope so much that it's like a sickness. I get to feel well and unburdened for like 4 and half months now....that's good right?

See you in Boston, you sad SOBs!!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-25-2009, 10:08 PM
[quote=prizby;767831]and I had several people come up to me and say, you shouldn't be wearing that after last nights embarassment (or stuff along those lines)

I told them flat out that no matter what the result, no matter how frustrating it is, and no matter how mad I get at them, I am with, behind, and will always be Toronto FC

just a reminder to those who may be feeling down or whatever, it is still our team, and we back this up with our colours, pride, and honour :)

thanks all, for a thrilling season with a ton of ups and downs (cuz thats what it really was)

god then no one should ever wear a leaf jersey after 42 years of embarassmet!! through that back in their face!! The one benefit from
this latest defeat is maybe fans wont over expect like they did this year!!
Lets hope next season fans are more cautious on what to expect from 4th yr team...We need to retain the canadian championship, learn to win on the road ( thats our major objective for me) and with luck a first winning
season..just finished watching last night game is was a let down and we deserved what we got ..the players didnt care..the wanted out and on the golf courses in florida.

Roogsy
10-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Most of these players don't make enough to vacation on golf courses in Florida. Man, do you have a loose grip on reality.

MUFC_Niagara
10-25-2009, 10:20 PM
I am TFC through thick and thin. I'll support this club until I die or until they fold, end of.

Pigfynn
10-25-2009, 10:25 PM
^ Yup...me too :crazy:

Toronto_Bhoy
10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
I wore my TFC top around NYC all day today and I will do it all winter.

The organization might be an embarrassment, but this is my team and they represent Toronto...I'm a Toronto boy through and through.

Funny…I saw a guy with a Maple Leaf shirt on today and I asked how could he wear that jersey and he said.

"The organization might be an embarrassment, but this is my team and they represent Toronto...I'm a Toronto boy through and through."

:D

TFCUNITED
10-25-2009, 10:47 PM
and I had several people come up to me and say, you shouldn't be wearing that after last nights embarassment (or stuff along those lines)

prizby

Very nicely said.

Boondaddy
10-25-2009, 10:49 PM
I tell you what...

I sat in the Failte (the KW Crew's pub) last night and even before kickoff I really didn't expect much. We had a great turn out and everyone was positive. I had a bad feeling all week and when it started to go wrong I actually relaxed and started to feel truly comfortable for the first time since March.

This team and all it's drama, occupies so much of my thoughts and time and I worry and wait and hope so much that it's like a sickness. I get to feel well and unburdened for like 4 and half months now....that's good right?

See you in Boston, you sad SOBs!!!

I'll be right there with ya!

I wore my TFC scarf today in the pumpkin patch with my wife and son and felt....relaxed....I love my team.

COYR :scarf:

Troll
10-26-2009, 06:35 AM

Is that true? When was the last time the Leafs didn't sell out? And don't give me the 'corportate buys up all the seats' BS. Cause you'd have to go way back to the early 80's in the Gardens to come up with an answer.

The Jays aren't as nearly as successful as they were but they just didn't recover as well as other teams after the strike. Lots of other people found other interests.

The Raptors aren't 'great' but they're very well supported in Toronto. They also have a very passionate fan base.

Argos... well, I'm not a CFL fan so I can't pretend to guess what they're up to but I think they're averaging 25-30k per game.

As for TFC, we're a newer franchise and let's face it, we've made some strides. We were handcuffed with the domestic players rule during our first year and forced us to employ sub-standard talent to compete with the rest of the league. The team has invested in a quality DP a grass pitch.

Let's face it, every city has fair-weather fans. But there are enough of us that know what's up.

Toronto till I die.

:scarf:

Troll
10-26-2009, 06:42 AM

god then no one should ever wear a leaf jersey after 42 years of embarassmet!! through that back in their face!!

Your posts are nearly un-readable. What are you, 7?

I love Sens fans who think they're high and mighty, but at the end of the day, they're a franchise whose never accomplished a thing, and always finds a way to fold up like a cheap suit when the going gets tough. Just remember, when the Senators didn't exist, you guys all wore your blue and white shirts just like the rest of us and cheered for Canada's team.

Keystone FC
10-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Well, It's like Croat told me the 1st season over a few rounds at Shoeless. He looked at me and said, 'You know this is a Toronto club right? They're going to break your heart.'
Toronto Til I Die.
That's all we can say at this point. There's always next season.

Super Cereal
10-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Your posts are nearly un-readable. What are you, 7?

I love Sens fans who think they're high and mighty, but at the end of the day, they're a franchise whose never accomplished a thing, and always finds a way to fold up like a cheap suit when the going gets tough. Just remember, when the Senators didn't exist, you guys all wore your blue and white shirts just like the rest of us and cheered for Canada's team.
He's the worst poster on this site yes, but no need to judge the Sens fanbase because of it.

Your franchise hasn't accomplished a thing since 1967. We're really not that different.

rocker
10-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Well, It's like Croat told me the 1st season over a few rounds at Shoeless. He looked at me and said, 'You know this is a Toronto club right? They're going to break your heart.'
Toronto Til I Die.
That's all we can say at this point. There's always next season.

i'm already dreading the long offseason! ... unless the raps can pick us up!

Hustle
10-26-2009, 07:26 AM
In the dark, Sunday Morning, stumbling around for a tshirt. The odd's of picking my only TFC Tshirt out of the mix was about 5%. Of course, when I turned on the light to take a shower, it was my DeRo Tshirt. Its fate, so I wore it around all day. Toronto till I die.

canadian_bhoy
10-26-2009, 07:26 AM
I wore my Canadian Champions shirt to a hockey game. Couple people asked why last nights game wasn't available, said they would've watched it

Take note, TFC. Give CBC/RSN the last game of the season

Putting live regular season matches on GOL TV when you are a 3rd year team is just plain dumb. They should be getting as much exposure as possible, not less. Having your most important game of the season on a specialty channel that most people don't have is not exactly the best way to grow the brand (OF THE YEAR! hurrah!)

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2009, 07:30 AM
You shouldn't be wearing that?

What? Should we wear paper fing bags over our heads now?

Hide who you support? Great idea.:frown2:

Troll
10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
He's the worst poster on this site yes, but no need to judge the Sens fanbase because of it.

Your franchise hasn't accomplished a thing since 1967. We're really not that different.

I absolutely agree. But I don't need to be reminded by a fan of another team whose as equally incompetent.

It's like taking financial advice from a homeless person.

pepher
10-26-2009, 09:08 AM
anyone can support a 'winning' team. only a true fan will stick by a loosing team.

- Lesson learned living in T.O. all my life

DavydMT
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm proud to be a Toronto FC supporter and a RPM member. Wore my hat today, kept me warm.

Hitcho
10-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Next time Prizby, give them a withering look and say "shit, I wouldn't want you with me in the trenches then."

Forever Red.

Ageroo
10-26-2009, 09:36 AM
anyone can support a 'winning' team. only a true fan will stick by a loosing team.

- Lesson learned living in T.O. all my life

Well said....I am a die hard TFC supporter and I support all the Toronto teams....it is one of the many lessons I have learned living in this city.

flambe
10-26-2009, 09:56 AM
it's much harder to support a team that doesn't exactly do well. i'm kinda used to being a Bristol Rovers fan......

anyhoo, roll on next season, it can't be any worse and hopefully there are a bunch of positive changes and team cohesion in the off-season.

I_AM_CANADIAN
10-26-2009, 10:15 AM

prizby
Well, no thanks to the team itself, but I agree with you on this all the way. Good post and personally gave me a bit of a lift when I read it.

Bobo
10-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Is that true? When was the last time the Leafs didn't sell out? And don't give me the 'corportate buys up all the seats' BS. Cause you'd have to go way back to the early 80's in the Gardens to come up with an answer.

The Jays aren't as nearly as successful as they were but they just didn't recover as well as other teams after the strike. Lots of other people found other interests.

The Raptors aren't 'great' but they're very well supported in Toronto. They also have a very passionate fan base.

Argos... well, I'm not a CFL fan so I can't pretend to guess what they're up to but I think they're averaging 25-30k per game.

As for TFC, we're a newer franchise and let's face it, we've made some strides. We were handcuffed with the domestic players rule during our first year and forced us to employ sub-standard talent to compete with the rest of the league. The team has invested in a quality DP a grass pitch.

Let's face it, every city has fair-weather fans. But there are enough of us that know what's up.

Toronto till I die.

By no means does more people mean better support. You just have small group of real supporters and thousands upon thousands of those fair-weathers. I'm one of them, and probably you are too. On the other side, you can ask if the fans at Leafs games even really give a shit? The atmosphere at ACC sucks, not even in comparison to BMO. Is it many suits or the a lack of overall passion? Most people talk shit about the team while they're there. They use this "40+ years" thing as a crutch for their idea of support, I'm curious to know what's going to happen a few years after they've finally won that cup, hopefully we're around to see it. Truth is, Leafs fans might be the most overrated set of fans in North American sports. I think Leafs support might be more of a sociological issue than anything else really. That is to say, "supporting" the Leafs is just a normal Toronto thing to do. Hitler's Germany didn't do what it did because it was a nation of evil people (or fans of the regime), but because of the desire for conformity. Now there's a fundamental difference between a speech from Hitler and a Leafs advertisement (and therefore ultimately have opposite effects) but I think they do share some common ground. Hockey has become a social norm. If anything, coming to grips with this pro-hockey sentiment has hampered my support for the Leafs.

As for the Jays, they benefited most out of the strike. They got to hang on to their "World Champions" title for an extra year, despite having a terrible season. The organization thought support was granted, given the product they were putting out, so they decided to start cutting corners. That team was falling apart before the strike. Strikes always hurt support but people saw right away what was going on and found other interests, ie. those brand new Raptors.

The Raps have a decent fanbase but their attendance seems to rise and drop. Their success a couple years ago brought numbers up, but if they don't improve, expect the Jays all over again (which I don't think will happen while Colangelo is in charge).

The Argos are a little more difficult to grasp. Good support despite being crap and in a city where you generally don't see people caring about football. Sounds kind of like that other Toronto team. Granted tickets are less expensive but is it fair to say that when support is less fabricated, people do start genuinely caring? I find it interesting that after Christianity became state religion, Christian monastics left for the desert.

And going back to the sociological principle (and I'm going off topic now), consider how more people can be seen on the boards now talking shit about mighty_toronto_fc. I can guarantee the exponential increase in bad mouthing doesn't increase with his...questionable comments. Lets look at this thread, for instance:

1. He mentioned that the Leafs haven't won in a long time, though it doesn't really pertain directly to the topic is this unfair? Did he say that the organization isn't as great as Ottawa's? No. If a more respected member of the group were to have said the same thing, you'd see a hundred "Agreed"s. Embellishment, but hopefully you know what I'm getting at.
2. Golf course is a figure of speech for teams that get eliminated, he's called on that too. But in any case, I could book a trip and I'm a University student with almost no money.
3. His literacy is attacked. Is he 7? Hey, maybe a bodybuilder jock? Would definitely get a different reaction out of people when they aren't sitting in front of their screens. Who's 7 when thread after thread I'm seeing the same shit as if watching kids play in a sandbox.
Won't get into 4, but you know, there is actually someone in front of that computer...and the fact that he doesn't think DeRo had a good year doesn't change that. Grow up educated adults.

Rough day, feel better now.

Alex_82
10-26-2009, 01:38 PM
I was in Cleveland to watch the Browns get destroyed and I had my TFC scarf on with pride!!

Macksam
10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Come on, we all know this isn't true.

I_AM_CANADIAN
10-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Actually, in my experience, it very much is.

prizby
10-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Well, no thanks to the team itself, but I agree with you on this all the way. Good post and personally gave me a bit of a lift when I read it.

that was the main purpose - to give a lift, there was too much negativity

GabrielHurl
10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Putting live regular season matches on GOL TV when you are a 3rd year team is just plain dumb. They should be getting as much exposure as possible, not less. Having your most important game of the season on a specialty channel that most people don't have is not exactly the best way to grow the brand (OF THE YEAR! hurrah!)

CBC were showing the Leafs game and RSN were showing Game 6 of the ALCS between the Yankees and Angels.

Who else was going to show it?

iansmcl
10-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Lot of guys wearing TFC gear today at my indoor soccer. Good to see.

TOBOR !
10-27-2009, 11:29 AM
screw that shit - I'm pissed - not sure who or what at, but I'm pissed. I've put away my TFC stuff for a week or so - don't want to think of them, be reminded of the hurt, the disappointment. Don't talk to me about TFC right now.

I'll get over it soon enough and everything will be brought back out and all will be forgiven, but right now, in some small way, I need to show them that I'm angry and there are (insignificant) consequences.

As my Mum would say : I'll always love you, but I don't always like you.

This is one of those times.

STB
10-27-2009, 11:35 AM

Ill think you'll find a number of fans will latch onto a losing team so they look like "true fans". Allot of people want to be prove how amazingly different and hardcore they are by supporting TFC, this doest mean they are "true fans"

Mulder
10-28-2009, 05:35 AM
By no means does more people mean better support. You just have small group of real supporters and thousands upon thousands of those fair-weathers. I'm one of them, and probably you are too. On the other side, you can ask if the fans at Leafs games even really give a shit? The atmosphere at ACC sucks, not even in comparison to BMO. Is it many suits or the a lack of overall passion? Most people talk shit about the team while they're there. They use this "40+ years" thing as a crutch for their idea of support, I'm curious to know what's going to happen a few years after they've finally won that cup, hopefully we're around to see it. Truth is, Leafs fans might be the most overrated set of fans in North American sports. I think Leafs support might be more of a sociological issue than anything else really. That is to say, "supporting" the Leafs is just a normal Toronto thing to do. Hitler's Germany didn't do what it did because it was a nation of evil people (or fans of the regime), but because of the desire for conformity. Now there's a fundamental difference between a speech from Hitler and a Leafs advertisement (and therefore ultimately have opposite effects) but I think they do share some common ground. Hockey has become a social norm. If anything, coming to grips with this pro-hockey sentiment has hampered my support for the Leafs.

As for the Jays, they benefited most out of the strike. They got to hang on to their "World Champions" title for an extra year, despite having a terrible season. The organization thought support was granted, given the product they were putting out, so they decided to start cutting corners. That team was falling apart before the strike. Strikes always hurt support but people saw right away what was going on and found other interests, ie. those brand new Raptors.

The Raps have a decent fanbase but their attendance seems to rise and drop. Their success a couple years ago brought numbers up, but if they don't improve, expect the Jays all over again (which I don't think will happen while Colangelo is in charge).

The Argos are a little more difficult to grasp. Good support despite being crap and in a city where you generally don't see people caring about football. Sounds kind of like that other Toronto team. Granted tickets are less expensive but is it fair to say that when support is less fabricated, people do start genuinely caring? I find it interesting that after Christianity became state religion, Christian monastics left for the desert.

And going back to the sociological principle (and I'm going off topic now), consider how more people can be seen on the boards now talking shit about mighty_toronto_fc. I can guarantee the exponential increase in bad mouthing doesn't increase with his...questionable comments. Lets look at this thread, for instance:

1. He mentioned that the Leafs haven't won in a long time, though it doesn't really pertain directly to the topic is this unfair? Did he say that the organization isn't as great as Ottawa's? No. If a more respected member of the group were to have said the same thing, you'd see a hundred "Agreed"s. Embellishment, but hopefully you know what I'm getting at.
2. Golf course is a figure of speech for teams that get eliminated, he's called on that too. But in any case, I could book a trip and I'm a University student with almost no money.
3. His literacy is attacked. Is he 7? Hey, maybe a bodybuilder jock? Would definitely get a different reaction out of people when they aren't sitting in front of their screens. Who's 7 when thread after thread I'm seeing the same shit as if watching kids play in a sandbox.
Won't get into 4, but you know, there is actually someone in front of that computer...and the fact that he doesn't think DeRo had a good year doesn't change that. Grow up educated adults.

Rough day, feel better now.

Difference is, when the Leaf's win the Cup you'll have well over a million lined whatever streets they decide to run the parade though.

Argo's had 30,000+ for their Grey Cup winning parade in 2004 as well.

TFC111
10-28-2009, 06:54 PM
This thread got a mention today on the TFC site and kicked off a supporter versus fan debate.

http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091028&content_id=7566214&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

trane
10-28-2009, 07:02 PM
^ That is such a simplistic view. There was an article by Paul James which understood footy supporters better. Further the fact that it is on the TFC official page raised more then the reasonable apprehension of bias on his part.

olegunnar
10-28-2009, 07:06 PM
He should have stuck to being an account manager.
Hope he got a raise for selling out.

kodiakTFC
10-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Hitler's Germany didn't do what it did because it was a nation of evil people (or fans of the regime), but because of the desire for conformity.

Don't want to be nit picky but this is just completely untrue. Nazi Germany had nothing to do with peoples desire for 'conformity'. Finally being a history major and world war II buff is paying off.

TFC111
10-28-2009, 07:20 PM
^ That is such a simplistic view. There was an article by Paul James which understood footy supporters better. Further the fact that it is on the TFC official page raised more then the reasonable apprehension of bias on his part.

Probably have to be careful writing on that page but I don't think there was a lot of bias. I'd love to see what these MLSE guys really think though flat out. But don't kid yourself. Paul James has a bias too. His stuff is screaming out "someone at MLSE please give me a job".

Darlofletch
10-28-2009, 07:44 PM
This thread got a mention today on the TFC site and kicked off a supporter versus fan debate.

http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091028&content_id=7566214&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Yeah, go to torontofc.ca and the first thing that pops up is a blog about how real supporters wouldn't dream of thinking of abandoning the club in any way. It's a fair point but coming from an employee on the official website, it really annoyed me.

And also, he apparently has earned supporter cred by supporting liverpool since the 90's. because they have been absolutley the worst team out there, haven't won a whole bunch of cup competeitions and been the 4th most successful side in england over that time period at all, give me a break.

I love Liverpool fans who think they're not gloryhunters like those man utd fans. ridiculous.

Beach_Red
10-28-2009, 07:46 PM

One of the comments is very interesting. Somone named Reds wrote: "Casual fans are the reason marketers who destroy the soul of the game stay in business."

What do you think?

Darlofletch
10-28-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm not really a huge fan of how money has chnaged the game, but to be honest (been watching too many press conference recently) there's a fair amount of jealousy in that. ask the supporters of the big teams how they feel about all the extra money the casual fans bring in, and the success that usually accompanies that money. i'm sure they wouldn't be keen to give it up.

DichioTFC
10-28-2009, 07:50 PM

prizby

QFT

the TFC scarf and tuque will keep me warm until we start battling again next season
:)

Heathen
10-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah, go to torontofc.ca and the first thing that pops up is a blog about how real supporters wouldn't dream of thinking of abandoning the club in any way. It's a fair point but coming from an employee on the official website, it really annoyed me.

And also, he apparently has earned supporter cred by supporting liverpool since the 90's. because they have been absolutley the worst team out there, haven't won a whole bunch of cup competeitions and been the 4th most successful side in england over that time period at all, give me a break.

I love Liverpool fans who think they're not gloryhunters like those man utd fans. ridiculous.

I know eh, and ones who make jokes about Man Utd fans not coming from Manchester when they have just as many with no connection to the city of Liverpool whatsoever. He was also my former ticket rep and useless in that role too.

s2cazz
10-28-2009, 08:49 PM
We all BLEED red and PISS yellow... that will never change.

Auzzy
10-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I thought Asif's article was WAY out of line, and I got in the FIRST comment on the TFC site :)
- Wrong person to write it (paid by TFC & GOL TV, also owned by MLSE of course)
- Wrong web site
- WRONG FRICKIN WEEK!!! (after the garbage we've seen & heard, on & off the field)

I mean, let the supporters ("real" AND "casual") lick their wounds for a while, will ya? There's enough discussion of this never-ending topic on all the supporter's boards. If Asif wants to start the 999th thread about it, he can make up his own anonymous RPB login name and see how it goes on here. Of course the comparison with Liverpool is a joke. How about him comparing support for your own brother, with support for a 3-year old corporate entity? Of course I & many others see TFC as much more than that. But Asif has gotta know, we're nowhere close to getting 20k hardcore supporters per week (plus the many tens of thousands of TV viewers required to really make this club & league successful in the long term). Plus, to even bother reacting to random comments made on newspaper websites or the Toronto FC website, gimme a break. Who knows if those people have ever even bothered to see a game live?

I mean, get ALL your players, coaches, and the manager to support the team, and each other, 100% & unconditionally, before you go ragging on about the right kind of supporter, FFS!!!

So what does prizby think about being quoted in Asif's article?

Oh yes, this was supposed to be a positive thread. I just washed my TFC sweatshirt & still wearing it often.

v00d00daddy
10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
I just erased a long rant after re-reading it because it's pointless.

Suffice to say...that blog was a joke and an insult to TFC supporters.

TFC111
10-28-2009, 09:26 PM
I know eh, and ones who make jokes about Man Utd fans not coming from Manchester when they have just as many with no connection to the city of Liverpool whatsoever. He was also my former ticket rep and useless in that role too.

That was a petty and low comment. Man U fans are soooo sensitive. I guess losing to Liverpool hurt.

Heathen
10-28-2009, 09:28 PM
That was a petty and low comment. Man U fans are soooo sensitive. I guess losing to Liverpool hurt.

Sorry to ruin your post but I'm not a Man Utd fan

v00d00daddy
10-28-2009, 09:28 PM
I mean, get ALL your players, coaches, and the manager to support the team, and each other, 100% & unconditionally, before you go ragging on about the right kind of supporter, FFS!!!

Absolutely. But the club is obviously more concerned with kissing the SG's ass to keep them quiet and in line than they are about taking responsiblity for shitting the bed...over and over.

Disgraceful.

Beach_Red
10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Absolutely. But the club is obviously more concerned with kissing the SG's ass to keep them quiet and in line than they are about taking responsiblity for shitting the bed...over and over.

Disgraceful.

It's almost as if we've never seen this company in action before. I don't know why I thought it would be any different with TFC than with their other teams. I was hoping, I guess, self-deluded...

What's that saying? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me every year for forty years, shame on me.

v00d00daddy
10-28-2009, 09:38 PM
The only thing worse than a "bandwagon" "glory hunter" supporter is a self absorbed, "I'm a true supporter"/I think I'm on the fucking team--supporter.

TFC111
10-28-2009, 09:40 PM

Disgraceful.

Wait, now we are mad because they are showing concern for the supporters groups?

v00d00daddy
10-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Wait, now we are mad because they are showing concern for the supporters groups?

No..."we" are not mad. I'm mad, and it has nothing to dow with showing concern for the supporters groups cause that's not what is happening.

This mope of a blogger is an employee of the club and he has the balls to say what a supporter should and should not be? What a joke.

An even bigger joke is that the club is okay with him posting this on the website.

It's just a sad attempt by the club, trying to subdue the supporters by putting them on a pedestal by shitting on those who disagree with them.

Beach_Red
10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
No..."we" are not mad. I'm mad, and it has nothing to dow with showing concern for the supporters groups cause that's not what is happening.

This mope of a blogger is an employee of the club and he has the balls to say what a supporter should and should not be? What a joke.

An even bigger joke is that the club is okay with him posting this on the website.

It's just a sad attempt by the club, trying to subdue the supporters by putting them on a pedestal by shitting on those who disagree with them.

Exactly. And I want to give you extra credit for using the word, "mope." :D

TFCtoMUFC
10-28-2009, 10:28 PM

It didnt really hurt that much. Lets lighten the mood up a bit.

How many Pepe Reina's does it take to change a lightbulb? Two. One to change the lightbulb, and another to stand there looking at a beach ball, not realising it's not actually a lightbulb.