PDA

View Full Version : Tom Anselmi

TFC FORZA RPB
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Well he has spoken Mo's job is safe, and apperently TFC has patient fans

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=-2&id=1410

westrouge
10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
I think Anselmi should really contemplate Mo Johnston's future and evaluate his moves. He seemed to answer the question that Mo's job is safe as if it was automatic. Everyone needs to be held accountable! We need Sounders/Barcelona-like democracy!

Hitcho
10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
The word "disappointing" was used about 40 times in that interview.

Let's hope it hits home.

MFG1
10-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Does anyone else find it strange and yet typical of MLSE than Anselmi would have his interview right amongst the others on the home page? They need to seriously work on their PR and damage control. This whole department is effed up. they got some serious high paid kneejerkers over there at the BMO offices.

Shakes McQueen
10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Nothing to see here. It's standard pro-sports fare - you stand behind your GM/Coach/Manager/Whatever right up until you fire him.

They could fire him next week, and he still would have made this statement if asked.

That said, I do think they will give Mo one more off-season to build the team properly, and then I can see him getting canned if the team comes out and looks inadequate again.

- Scott

jazzy
10-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Nothing to see here. It's standard pro-sports fare - you stand behind your GM/Coach/Manager/Whatever right up until you fire him.

They could fire him next week, and he still would have made this statement if asked.

That said, I do think they will give Mo one more off-season to build the team properly, and then I can see him getting canned if the team comes out and looks inadequate again.

- Scott

Hence our new 42 year plan

canadian_bhoy
10-25-2009, 09:42 PM
The word "disappointing" was used about 40 times in that interview.

Let's hope it hits home.

To me, the word "disappointing" says a lot.

To me, this says "We did it right, but it didn't fall into place".

Sorry guys, you didn't do it right, and the club won't be successful until you realize that.

CretanBull
10-25-2009, 09:45 PM
To me, the word "disappointing" says a lot.

To me, this says "We did it right, but it didn't fall into place".

Sorry guys, you didn't do it right, and the club won't be successful until you realize that.

QF MF T!

Sonny Cheeba
10-25-2009, 09:48 PM
QF MF T!

quite fucking mother fucking true?

never seen that before.

CretanBull
10-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Quoted For Mother Fucking Truth - but yours works too :D

THA BUTCHA
10-25-2009, 10:12 PM
The problem with this organization is they think they made TFC a success in this city.

the truth is TFC is a success in this city in spite of this organization. Its people like me, people like you, supporters groups like this one and all the others with their dedication that have made TFC a success.

and its gotta be the fans to steer the ship TFC in the right direction because its clear that everybody thinks that MOJO is the real problem here.

So I call on all leaders of the supporters group that care about this team to stand up and say "ENOUGH"

all the supporters groups have contacts in the main stream media. take advantage of this and release a press release calling for the FIRING of MO JOHNSTON.

You may think this is risky and we may lose the trust of the organization. but always remember:

THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM!

There is no precedent for this in the toronto media which I think is for our benefit and it would become a big story.

IF the leaders of the supporters groups are realing working for the fans interest. this would be the test.

RedRum
10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
The problem with this organization is they think they made TFC a success in this city.

the truth is TFC is a success in this city in spite of this organization. Its people like me, people like you, supporters groups like this one and all the others with their dedication that have made TFC a success.

and its gotta be the fans to steer the ship TFC in the right direction because its clear that everybody thinks that MOJO is the real problem here.

So I call on all leaders of the supporters group that care about this team to stand up and say "ENOUGH"

all the supporters groups have contacts in the main stream media. take advantage of this and release a press release calling for the FIRING of MO JOHNSTON.

You may think this is risky and we may lose the trust of the organization. but always remember:

There is no precedent for this in the toronto media which I think is for our benefit and it would become a big story.

IF the leaders of the supporters groups are realing working for the fans interest. this would be the test.

On so many different levels, this post is great for the lolz.

MUFC_Niagara
10-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I thought Anselmi spoke well, the players were gutted in the interviews. Increase in points every year and better players coming in seems like improvement to me. Look, football is highs and lows. We will get better and I hope Mo is the guy that takes us there. People need to fucking relax, I am so sick of this MLSE is trying to screw us bullshit, its really sad. Please for the love of god do not organize a protest, it's embarrasing.

menefreghista
10-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I thought Anselmi spoke well, the players were gutted in the interviews. Increase in points every year and better players coming in seems like improvement to me.

We finished the same place as last year, 12th. How is that an improvement?

Roogsy
10-25-2009, 10:37 PM
We finished the same place as last year, 12th. How is that an improvement?

TFC made more money.

There's your improvement. :thumbsup:

menefreghista
10-25-2009, 10:42 PM
TFC made more money.

There's your improvement. :thumbsup:

LOL.

Saying we got more points is stupid. As the league continues to expand, it is going to get harder and harder to get into the top 8. Do people really have confidence in a manager that failed to get us there 3 times, under easier circumstances?

Sorry, but Seattle's success should embarrass our management. Instead, we seem to be happy to be making money. And a bunch of us are never running out of excuses as to give these goofs running our team another chance.

Beach_Red
10-25-2009, 10:43 PM

No, the truth is they stepped up when no one else wanted to invest in soccer in this city AGAIN and they still aren't completely convinced this legue is going to last.

Roogsy
10-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Sorry, but Seattle's success should embarrass our management. Instead, we seem to be happy to be making money. And a bunch of us are never running out of excuses as to give these goofs running our team another chance.

Of course it's an embarrassment. But people seem to be all too willing to become apologists for this organization and excusing Seattle's performance as somehow being a lucky break and fortuitous of their previous existence in the USL as opposed to being a product of good planning, management and coaching. Who'd a thunk that what we need is more luck not a real front office! :noidea:

THA BUTCHA
10-25-2009, 10:54 PM
and its threw their mismanagement they will fuck up all the goodwill soccer fans in this city have given them.

you can say im over reacting but ive never been wrong reading this team. trust me guys there is a cancer growing in this organization.

I can feel it when I was watching that last game and seeing the body language of everybody on the team.

I'm gonna make a prediction:

Steve Nichol will not come to coach Toronto FC. and we will have a hard time getting and quality players to sign here.

YOU WATCH.

menefreghista
10-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Of course it's an embarrassment. But people seem to be all too willing to become apologists for this organization and excusing Seattle's performance as somehow being a lucky break and fortuitous of their previous existence in the USL as opposed to being a product of good planning, management and coaching. Who'd a thunk that what we need is more luck not a real front office! :noidea:

Yup.

Seattle only really used one player from their USL team, LaToux. The other players they brought up from USL were either fringe starters/occasional subs and a back up keeper.

We probably had more USL players in our first season than they did this year.

Beach_Red
10-25-2009, 10:57 PM
and its threw their mismanagement they will fuck up all the goodwill soccer fans in this city have given them.

you can say im over reacting but ive never been wrong reading this team. trust me guys there is a cancer growing in this organization.

I can feel it when I was watching that last game and seeing the body language of everybody on the team.

I'm gonna make a prediction:

Steve Nichol will not come to coach Toronto FC. and we will have a hard time getting and quality players to sign here.

YOU WATCH.

"Growing in this team?" Did you think this team would be different from their other teams?

THA BUTCHA
10-25-2009, 11:06 PM
i meant growing in tfc not mlse as a whole

Roogsy
10-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Yup.

Seattle only really used one player from their USL team, LaToux. The other players they brought up from USL were either fringe starters/occasional subs and a back up keeper.

We probably had more USL players in our first season than they did this year.

I wonder where Seattle is in their 5 year plan? :thumbsup:

Whoop
10-26-2009, 12:17 AM
The Seattle comparison is still a little skewed. I mean they are doing things well, but keep in mind Adrian Hanauer has owned the team since 2002 and the team infrastructure has been in place since then.

More apt comparisons are with Chivas USA, Real Salt Lake and next season, Philadelphia Union.

I`m sure when Portland and Vancouver join their first seasons will be more successful than our first three seasons.

A team is more than just the players, coach, and manager. I mean the players on the field are who we`re cheering for on game day, but there are other people involved.

Having said that, the people above those on the field and on the bench have to be smart enough to know what they`re doing. I`m sure MLSE thought they were doing the right thing in handing the operations completely to a `football` guy like Mo Johnston, but the error was giving an extension before the season was over.

Now they are stuck with another bad contract and while they can afford to buy it out, they won`t.

TFC needs a whole new culture shift. It starts with more accountability and demanding excellance on and off the pitch.

But give credit to Seattle aside from a couple of hiccups here and there, they`ve made the right decisions over and over again. The biggest one really being the hiring of Sigi Schmid.

VPjr
10-26-2009, 12:39 AM

I love the idea...I doubt it will gain any traction with the SG leadership though.

LesH
10-26-2009, 01:54 AM
No, the truth is they stepped up when no one else wanted to invest in soccer in this city AGAIN and they still aren't completely convinced this legue is going to last.

People with your mentality essentially think and say that no matter even if TFC would finish dead last in the league forever, we should be grateful forever for MLSE because they were the one who funded the franchise and made possible to the folks of Toronto to watch MLS pro football in there own city.

But a mentality like this is just for the lover of the football game in general, and it sucks huge for all the supporters or even just fans of TFC. :picard:

Think about this!

Shakes McQueen
10-26-2009, 02:41 AM
People with your mentality essentially think and say that no matter even if TFC would finish dead last in the league forever, we should be grateful forever for MLSE because they were the one who funded the franchise and made possible to the folks of Toronto to watch MLS pro football in there own city.

But a mentality like this is just for the lover of the football game in general, and it sucks huge for all the supporters or even just fans of TFC. :picard:

Think about this!

Way to erect and then triumphantly cast down that strawman.

He was pointing out to the people who immediately blame every poor season or poor result on ownership, that MLSE have done a lot for us.

It doesn't make him an MLSE apologist, any more than you criticizing them makes you an "MLSE hater".

- Scott

Beach_Red
10-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Way to erect and then triumphantly cast down that strawman.

He was pointing out to the people who immediately blame every poor season or poor result on ownership, that MLSE have done a lot for us.

It doesn't make him an MLSE apologist, any more than you criticizing them makes you an "MLSE hater".

- Scott

All I'm saying is that MLSE is consistent. Their teams will be middle of the pack in the LEAGUE they are in. Have a look at the rest of MLS. Don't worry, they won't finish dead last for long (even with that awful result they aren't last - would the team even be relegated if that's the way the league operated?).

But the history of the company is that they actually do respond to fans - we have to use the Leafs (and even the Raptors) as example because there's more history, but after the managementt made some prett good moves trading away veterans or letting them become free agents, ownership responded to fans' outcry and brought some of them back - Wendal Clark, Doug Gilmour, etc. For a while there I was worried that Gimour was actually to become the coach because fans were calling for it.

So, all I'm saying is, be careful what you wish for.

If people demand loud and long enough that the team fire the manager pretty soon they probably will (it took a wile in the case of JFJ, too, but it'll happen).

They'll time it pretty well, too, when people are soooo fed up they can't take it anymore that's the move they'll make. Then that'll buy three more years while the new guy builds his own team.

Don't make it personal. Don't demand changing middle management.

Demand winning. Remeber, winning isn't the only thing - it's everything.

ensco
10-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Does Anselmi or anyone else above Mo have the ability to evaluate whether any coaching candidate Mo brings forward is appropriate?

Without that, we are sunk.

Oldtimer
10-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Does Anselmi or anyone else above Mo have the ability to evaluate whether any coaching candidate Mo brings forward is appropriate?

Without that, we are sunk.

We are sunk.

mastermixer
10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
That Ryan Johnston article on Karma really got me revved up again.
I think that whole retirement thing around Sept 9 really shook up this team for the worst. And I may be way off, but Tom Anselmi seems very shady to me. I think he forced Mo to get JDG at any cost because he would be good for "marketing" TFC to canada, at the cost of disrespecting TFC's greatest asset.