PDA

View Full Version : Cummins Doesn't Think He Will Be Back

tercet
10-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Their was just a quote on the fan590 update from Cummins at 12:00, in which he says he doubt's he will be back in Toronto next year.

It was along the lines of this..

"Somethings that were promised didn't happen, and my family moved back to england. My family is very important to me, and I need to be close to them. I do not think I will be back next year in Toronto."

TFC115
10-25-2009, 11:13 AM
good...go fucken back home

Leafs suck
TFC sucks
blue jays suck
Argos suck
Raptors are decent

WTF is this shit..... it's starting to get to me now,having to watch are teams continuous lose and not make the playoffs.Fuck this shit pisses the fuck out of me.

Heathen
10-25-2009, 11:14 AM
That can't be a Cummins quote, the sentence doesn't begin with "Listen"

Blazer
10-25-2009, 11:18 AM
I love how his comments make it sound as though it’s his decision to leave rather than the obvious firing to come. His team stunk and he’s partially to blame.

Cummins, thanks for filling in bud, but this decision isn’t/wasn’t yours to make.

Gixmo
10-25-2009, 11:24 AM
The comments in the game thread when this was live last night (Cummins, Cronin pressers) were classic...

Cummins is done, no need to start the threads.. Well covered :) Let him leave lol

mclaren
10-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Let's not be nasty to Cummins - he is clearly not good enough and has not done a good job. However, he knows he is going, we know he is going, so let's be civil and polite about it. There is no need to attack him personally.

Now Mo on the other hand.. ;)

Blazer
10-25-2009, 11:29 AM
^ You must be new to chat boards where theories, criticisms, opinions, and virtually everything in between are common. Get used to it – and welcome! :D

MUFC_Niagara
10-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Well, if true, thanks for all your hard work, Chris. You were in charge when we won our first cup, good luck in the future.

rocker
10-25-2009, 12:37 PM
i just we get a a successful, MLS-experienced coach... even if we suck again, at least we know it wasn't coaching... if we improve, we know it was coaching. getting another inexperienced coach just leaves more questions next year if it's the same over again.

Batman
10-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Let's not be nasty to Cummins - he is clearly not good enough and has not done a good job. However, he knows he is going, we know he is going, so let's be civil and polite about it. There is no need to attack him personally.

Now Mo on the other hand.. ;)

I agree with this. He didn't come to Toronto to be head coach, but when the team needed him, he took it on and did the best he could.

If that wasnt good enough, and it wasn't, so be it... but lets let the guy go in peace. He did his best.

canadian_bhoy
10-25-2009, 12:57 PM
I'd like to know why the club NEVER even pursued the thought of finding an adequate replacement for Carver. They packed in the coaching situation for the season and it hurt us badly.

In many ways, whether they wanted to or not, the club gave up on the season when Carver quit.

MUFC_Niagara
10-25-2009, 12:57 PM
I agree with this. He didn't come to Toronto to be head coach, but when the team needed him, he took it on and did the best he could.

If that wasnt good enough, and it wasn't, so be it... but lets let the guy go in peace. He did his best.

That doesn't matter to these people, Batman. No one is thanking the guy for taking something on that he knew he probably wasn't ready for. He could have left us hanging and left but he stuck it out and tried to make it work. He did his best, he'd be the first one to admit he made mistakes and that he has a lot to learn and yet he gets treated like garbage.
:picard:

MUFC_Niagara
10-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I'd like to know why the club NEVER even pursued the thought of finding an adequate replacement for Carver. They packed in the coaching situation for the season and it hurt us badly.

In many ways, whether they wanted to or not, the club gave up on the season when Carver quit.

They said they thought it was better to select a coach in house rather then try to bring in a new coach and system mid season.

TFC USA
10-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Nigel Reed for head coach.

canadian_bhoy
10-25-2009, 01:04 PM
They said they thought it was better to select a coach in house rather then try to bring in a new coach and system mid season.

Yeah...That idea worked really well.

They thought wrong.

Oldtimer
10-25-2009, 01:10 PM
The "they" was MoJo.

He is responsible for this mess.

FluSH
10-25-2009, 01:13 PM

+1

Cummings was not prepared for this job...

VPjr
10-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Cummins knew he was leaving 6 weeks ago....believe me on that.

I just hope that he has the stones to expose Mo for those unkept promises. Carver couldn't say anything while still collecting a paycheque from MLSE (don't think that just because he "resigned" he isn't still getting paid for going away). Cummins' contract ends at the end of this debacle of a season. Let's see if he's prepared to talk...I, for one, hope so.

menefreghista
10-25-2009, 02:03 PM

I just hope that he has the stones to expose Mo for those unkept promises. Carver couldn't say anything while still collecting a paycheque from MLSE (don't think that just because he "resigned" he isn't still getting paid for going away). Cummins' contract ends at the end of this debacle of a season. Let's see if he's prepared to talk...I, for one, hope so.

I'm actually interested to know what Cummins was 'promised'.

rocker
10-25-2009, 02:19 PM

yeah, I hope he talks about why he failed as a coach and doesn't simply absolve himself of responsibility by blaming others.

If you lose 5-0 with a solid DP and a former MLS Cup MVP and a guy who captains his national team to the World Cup, you should take some responsibility. In some quotes he seems to mention some responsibility for himself, which is a good start.

werewolf
10-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Fired - http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=18156