PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Chemistry!

cementhead
10-25-2009, 12:05 AM
To me this team lack of chemistry showed big time tonight and down the
stretch drive it seem the pieces don,t all fit.We need more then just a chance in coach some change on the field must happen to.Please find
a striker who can put the blood ball in the net.Some midfielder who don,t look lost and lets get rid of the three or four stooges in the back line.Our goalies are only saving grace!

THA BUTCHA
10-25-2009, 12:25 AM
pfft who needs chemistry....

Jim Brennan is our Captian!

106-12
10-25-2009, 12:29 AM
we need chemistry , we need game plan and we need playing style .

Sonny Cheeba
10-25-2009, 12:35 AM
http://www.elementsdatabase.com/Images/periodic_table.gif

mastermixer
10-25-2009, 10:10 AM
This is what i've been yelling at the TV and at most games the whole season. We don't seem to know how to pass the ball forward. I'm sure the coach has a lot to do with it but isnt this basic soccer? If I had to guess 80% of the balls that get near the opponent goal come from stupid crosses that almost always get lost or crazy lobs from our half of the field. If I wanted to watch soccer like that I would save my 70 bucks a ticket and go watch my nephew's house league game and he's 14!!

Marco2K
10-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I have to agree. We play ugly soccer. something has to give.

olegunnar
10-25-2009, 10:16 AM
GolTV shows Dallas v Seattle after our shitstorm...it was like watching a different league.

mastermixer
10-25-2009, 10:19 AM
GolTV shows Dallas v Seattle after our shitstorm...it was like watching a different league.

I know, it was a dagger in my chest to see those fans get to watch some great soccer. While we get crap. But we don't deserve to watch good soccer do we? We have a 15000 person waiting list who will pay to watch anything. :facepalm:

v00d00daddy
10-25-2009, 10:28 AM
The problem is that most of the supporters are used to watching this style of play.

v00d00daddy
10-25-2009, 10:34 AM
This is what i've been yelling at the TV and at most games the whole season. We don't seem to know how to pass the ball forward. I'm sure the coach has a lot to do with it but isnt this basic soccer? If I had to guess 80% of the balls that get near the opponent goal come from stupid crosses that almost always get lost or crazy lobs from our half of the field. If I wanted to watch soccer like that I would save my 70 bucks a ticket and go watch my nephew's house league game and he's 14!!

I know exactly how you feel. I get dirtly looks all the time at my seat at BMO.

Everytime one of the back four hoof a ball up field I yell out WHY?

Then the dirty looks start. lol

TFC are always content going from having possession of the ball at their feet to creating 50/50 balls for whoever they're trying to get the ball to.

TFC throw in: Brennan stands there with the ball in his hands....Guevara runs towards him expecting a nice light toss to his feet....Brennan ignores him and turns to throw it up field......ball comes flying through the air, 20 yards and Barrett goes up to challenge with some 6'3 defender who out jumps him and wins the ball.

TFC defender with the ball at his feet: Brennan stands there with the ball at his feet....Guevara runs towards him expecting a nice light pass to his feet....Brennan ignores him and turns to hoof it up field......ball comes flying through the air, 20 yards and Barrett goes up to challenge with some 6'3 defender who out jumps him and wins the ball.

Look familiar? EVERY FUCKING GAME SINCE THIS FRANCHISE WAS CREATED!

What do the supporters do? Name guys like this player of the year over and over again.

daner90
10-25-2009, 10:47 AM
I think one of the things that needs to be addressed to fix this is that proper wingers need to be brought in. I love Cronin when it comes to advancing the ball into offensive zones, he is not the guy who should responsible. We need players who have a proven track record of this ability on TFC.

That being said I completley agree with this thread

THA BUTCHA
10-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I hope I never meet Jim Brennan at a Bar when I'm Drunk.

Yohan
10-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I hope I never meet Jim Brennan at a Bar when I'm Drunk.
lol. threatening a player?

anto7
10-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I was completely baffled(and disgusted) by the way we continually resorted to the long ball last night. Time and time again we would do the same thing, even Dero and DeGuz were doing it at times. We have probably the most technically gifted midfield in the league yet we seldom utilize them the way we should be. I think part of the problem is that we have a few players on the team who frankly are just not good enough and do not appear to have the ability to be able to play a short passing game. Very frustrating to watch.

grizzle
10-25-2009, 12:13 PM
The sad thing is last night I think they did a lot less long ball passes than they usually do (at least for the first half).

rocker
10-25-2009, 12:17 PM
So do they do that because the players absolutely love that approach, or because the coach tells them to?

anto7
10-25-2009, 12:26 PM
So do they do that because the players absolutely love that approach, or because the coach tells them to?
I really have a hard time believing the coach tells them to do that.
When I watch Brennan, to me it appears that he really does not know what to do with the ball other than that same ball curved up the line time and time again. Now, could be that our movement off the ball is non-existant and he does not have any other options but I suspect it is more because his game is so one dimensional.

rocker
10-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I really have a hard time believing the coach tells them to do that.
When I watch Brennan, to me it appears that he really does not know what to do with the ball other than that same ball curved up the line time and time again. Now, could be that our movement off the ball is non-existant and he does not have any other options but I suspect it is more because his game is so one dimensional.

but Brennan is only one player. A team doesn't play a style because of one player's tendencies.

And if Brennan was doing things against the coaches will, then why not play Fellinga in his place? or is the coach scared of replacing the player?

I remember that game where Rick Titus came in last year. He was shooting long balls diagonally across the field constantly all game.... turns out he was doing that cuz Carver told him to.

If our movement off the ball is bad, why wouldn't the coach employ methods to improve that problem? Or does he just say "Guys, move off the ball"? Cuz that is not coaching. That's like a teacher telling his students "guys, be better students" rather than teaching them how to be better students. I don't know what's going on, but there are solutions if a skilled practitioner employs them.

The bench can also be a good motivator.

anto7
10-25-2009, 12:41 PM
but Brennan is only one player. A team doesn't play a style because of one player's tendencies.

And if Brennan was doing things against the coaches will, then why not play Fellinga in his place? or is the coach scared of replacing the player?

I remember that game where Rick Titus came in last year. He was shooting long balls diagonally across the field constantly all game.... turns out he was doing that cuz Carver told him to.

If our movement off the ball is bad, why wouldn't the coach employ methods to improve that problem? Or does he just say "Guys, move off the ball"? Cuz that is not coaching. That's like a teacher telling his students "guys, be better students" rather than teaching them how to be better students. I don't know what's going on, but there are solutions if a skilled practitioner employs them.

The bench can also be a good motivator.
I hear what you are saying and to be honest I really have no idea who or what is the root cause. I was just using Brennan as an example of a style that seems to be rampant throughout the team(Guevara, DeGuz, Vitti, excepted). Maybe at the end of the day it is down to coaching since the more I think about it the more it makes no sense that we cannot play good soccer with the talent that we have in the midfield.
Problem is, we also have no idea how much control Cummins had to do anything about it

donnie_rpu
10-25-2009, 12:42 PM
I agree that there are a ton of wasted balls from TFC's back line.

HOWEVER, i think people are a bit too in love with moving the ball on the ground. Is it pretty to watch?.....YES.
Is it always the way to play?.....NO.

You have to play to beat the other team....not to look good doing it.
If the other team is pressing up field & pressuring the ball and playing tight man-to-man on your forwards you HAVE TO play it over the top.....if you don't you aren't forcing the team to respect that pass.

Its like playing football....if you throw the deep ball successfully, its easier to run (and vice versa).

Ball possession doesn't mean crap if you can't make the final push for a goal anyway. Sometimes you have to take a chance & go for it.

That being said.....TFC suck at passes over the top....terrible touch on the passes, not enough speed up front, etc.

ilikemusic
10-25-2009, 12:44 PM
I stopped trying to bring new people to TFC games or suggesting watching it on TV a long time ago. Its worse than watching children some times.