PDA

View Full Version : TFC: Positives, Negatives,& Looking At 2010

[NBF]
10-24-2009, 10:58 PM
:picard:The results of the 2009 season have been disappointing for TFC. The following are the similar results of the 7 teams in the MLS that didnt qualify for the MLS playoffs and failed to win any major trophies, but for assessing the positives and negatives heading into 2010. Heres a few observations from the 2009 season.

:hump:TFC- Goals For 2009:

1. Win games, maintain a winning record.
2. Win the Canadian Championship.
3. Win + qualify for the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League.
4. Qualify for MLS Playoffs.
5. Qualify for the Super Liga.
6. Win the MLS Supporter's Shield.
7. Win the MLS Cup.

:drinking:TFC- Negatives of 2009:

1. Wins-10/Loss-11/Ties-09 , Goals For/Against: 37/ 46.Failed
2. Won the Canadian Championship.
3. Lost in 1st Round of Champions League. Failed
4. Did not make the playoffs. Failed
5. Did not qualify for Super Liga. Failed
6. Did not win the MLS Supporter's Shield. Failed
7. Did not win the MLS Cup. Failed

:flare:TFC- Positives In 2009 To Build On For 2010:

1. Won: The Canadian Championship.
2. Signed: Dwayne DeRosario.
3. Signed: Julian DeGuzman.
4. Nana Attakora, became a 1st team regular.
5. Drafted: Sam Cronin and Stefan Frei.
6. Signed: Adrian Serioux.
7. Signed: Amadou Sanyang and Emmanuel Gomez.

:scarf:Players To Keep in 2010:

--------------------------1. Frei----------------------------
------------------------12. Vacant--------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
2. Wynne------4. Serioux----------5. Vacant------3. Vacant
13. Attakora---15. Gomez---------16. Vacant-----14. Brennan
-------------------------------------------------------------
6. Cronin-----8. DeGuzman-----9. DeRosario-----7. Vacant
17. Ibrahim----19. Sanyang-------20. Vacant---------18. Gala
------------------------------------------------------------
---------------10. Vacant--------11. Vacant----------------
---------------21. Gerba---------22. White------------------

- The reason why there is so many vacant positions is because the majority of the players on the roster able to fill those positions do not possess first team quality.

:canada:Staff For 2010 Season:

Manager/ Director of Soccer: Vacant

Head Coach: Vacant

First Assistant Coach: Nick Dasovic

Strength and Conditioning: Paul Winsper

Goalkeeping Coach: Mike Toshack

Equipment Manager: Malcolm Phillips

Athletic Therapist: Vacant

Team Physician: Dr. Ira Smith

Manager- Team Services: Earl Cochrane

TFC Academy, Senior Team Head Coach: Jason Bent

TFC Academy, Junior Team Head Coach:Stuart Neely

TFC Academy Coach: Danny Dichio

* New Manager/ Director of Soccer: Mo Johnston is the equivalent of Matt Millen in the MLS.

* New Head Coach: Chris Cummins, it appears he has next to no experience dealing with adult players. In my opinion there needs to be a head coach who has respect from the players and has more knowledge than the assistant manager.

* New Assistant Manager: I think if the team gets a new experienced head coach, he's going to want to bring in his own assistant. Therefore the team will have to have 2 assistant head coaching positions.

* New Athletic Therapist: This Leboe guy is a clown, what other athletic therapist gets a red card? Seriously!

ricciboy
10-24-2009, 11:01 PM
keep Brian Edwards

TFCtoMUFC
10-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Keep Fellinga as well as everything you said and amen brother.

Lennon
10-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Dr. Ira Smith and Malcolm Phillips must go if this team will ever be successful

ricciboy
10-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Keep Fellinga as well as everything you said and amen brother.

Fellinga ????

TFCtoMUFC
10-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Fellinga ????

He proved that he is worth keeping in my books. Gala is worse than him.

Fushida
10-24-2009, 11:08 PM
How the fuck is Serioux signing a positive if he doesn't even make your depth chart? What a joke.

And your comment on the team physio? Dude, that joke of a red card happened 2 fucking years ago, get a life. At least he seems to show more passion for this team than half the players. (unless you're joking of course... then i missed the humor because of this shit game)

ricciboy
10-24-2009, 11:11 PM
How the fuck is Serioux signing a positive if he doesn't even make your depth chart? What a joke.

And your comment on the team physio? Dude, that joke of a red card happened 2 fucking years ago, get a life. At least he seems to show more passion for this team than half the players.

I know but he did get 6 yellows and 1 red ?

Fushida
10-24-2009, 11:12 PM
I know but he did get 6 yellows and 1 red ?

What does that mean..?

ricciboy
He proved that he is worth keeping in my books. Gala is worse than him.

truee but you think Gala is supposed to be like amazing he is only 20....

UltraSuperMegaMo
I like these threads as much as the next guy, but how much insight could anyone on this board have into the job the equipment manager is doing? Similarly, I like Gala, but how can anyone put him on their keep list, we don't have a minute of competitive football this year to evaluate him by. Why is everyone making Chris Cummins dart boards, but no one's saying Dasovic needs to go. Maybe he's crap too.

One thing I can do without, is Pro Zone and having a paid Pro Zone analyst. If you need a fancy computer program to tell you who's working hard in a game, there's no hope for you.

ricciboy
10-24-2009, 11:13 PM
What does that mean..?

he's probably trying to say i don't want Adrian Seriouon my lineup beacuse he gets alot of cards ??? idk

Fushida
10-24-2009, 11:15 PM
he's probably trying to say i don't want Adrian Seriouon my lineup beacuse he gets alot of cards ??? idk

Then how is his signing a positive based on the original post...? That's what I asked. Did you read?

Re: Gala being amazing... I have hope too, but I won't hold my breath on that one considering how many minutes he's been getting. That says a lot about his desire :rolleyes:

gtaguy
10-24-2009, 11:15 PM
sign me up a coach that knows how to do things right.. Get a person that understands north american footy and can follow through... I am not interested in European wanna be coaches and managers that think that thier side of the pond is best.. I am totally pissed tonight and don't want to see a repeat next year.. Toronto is not a proving ground for wanna be coaches or managers...

S_D
10-24-2009, 11:22 PM
A nice list of vaccancies, but how many of those that don't return have contracts that end this season? Vitti's loan ends, not sure about Garcia, Barrett was signed for 2+2 (Ithink) @200K a year so someone is going to have to take him off of our hands and it goes on and on lol.

I thought the word was Mo was getting a nice 3 year contract extension and they were waiting for the right time to announce it?

I still wonder why everyone lists Cronin as an attacking winger when he is a holding mid who was forced to play that position because Mo forgot to sign wingers. He did ok there but it was obvious that he is a much better defensive player (when he can get some more strength and not get knocked off of the ball)

And ummmm Serioux isn't in your lineup (assuming it was an oversight since you listed his signing as a positive)

[NBF]
10-24-2009, 11:26 PM

And your comment on the team physio? Dude, that joke of a red card happened 2 fucking years ago, get a life. At least he seems to show more passion for this team than half the players. (unless you're joking of course... then i missed the humor because of this shit game)

Serioux, got missed on the depth chart, because I havent seen him in a while. He was an improvement on defense from 2008 because of his physical play and ability, but he has alot of downside with the injuries and discipline problems. He is an asset to the team when healthy because he can play as a centre midfielder, defensive midfielder, and centre back.

As far as the athletic therapist, acting like hes got a job as a cheerleader, thats what you call pathetic, and he should be replaced because the team has a problem with a lack of professionalism.

DichioTFC
10-24-2009, 11:36 PM
getting grass is as big as a positive as there is and credit to ML$E, they did get it done.

Fushida
10-24-2009, 11:37 PM
;766838']Serioux, got missed on the depth chart, because I havent seen him in a while. He was an improvement on defense from 2008 because of his physical play and ability, but he has alot of downside with the injuries and discipline problems. He is an asset to the team when healthy because he can play as a centre midfielder, defensive midfielder, and centre back.

As far as the athletic therapist, acting like hes got a job as a cheerleader, thats what you call pathetic, and he should be replaced because the team has a problem with a lack of professionalism.

Serioux is often caught out of position. Dallies with the ball for way too long. Throws his arm up in disgust every time he thinks someone screws up (even when its him). Makes dumb tackles. Asset, yes. But an asset in severe decline. If he's still our starting center back next season... we have serious issues.

I don't get your gripe with the therapist. I really don't. Like I said that incident was 2 years ago. Lack of professionalism? You mean you didn't wanna rip that douchebag Toledo a new one that day? :rolleyes:

DichioTFC
10-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Serioux is often caught out of position. Dallies with the ball for way too long. Throws his arm up in disgust every time he thinks someone screws up (even when its him). Makes dumb tackles. Asset, yes. But an asset in severe decline. If he's still our starting center back next season... we have serious issues.

I don't get your gripe with the therapist. I really don't. Like I said that incident was 2 years ago. Lack of professionalism? You mean you didn't wanna rip that douchebag Toledo a new one that day? :rolleyes:

I really like Serioux, but he has discipline and mentality issues. That being said, he should've wailed on someone tonight.

bimmer
10-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Grassss Pitchhhh <3

gtaguy
10-25-2009, 12:07 AM
i still feel ill from the nasty loss we just got handed.. I don't want to see a positive for some month yet...

gtaguy
10-25-2009, 12:11 AM
sorry i lied .... a positive is that were going to get a real coach soon .

fetajr
10-25-2009, 12:38 AM
GRASS!!!!.. we're getting fucking GRASS for fuck sakes!..it felt even better knowing that when looking at the Giants Stadium football lines today...Red Bull Arean will be sick though

Chevy
10-25-2009, 12:40 AM
I really like Serioux, but he has discipline and mentality issues. That being said, he should've wailed on someone tonight.

Serioux hasn't had a solid game since May. F**k him. Send him home.

jazzy
10-25-2009, 01:12 AM
Grassss Pitchhhh <3

when we lose on grass, what's the next issue, the absenceof North Stands

bimmer
10-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Serioux hasn't had a solid game since May. F**k him. Send him home.

Serioux had more than a solid game just a week ago.

Chevy
10-25-2009, 01:18 AM
True. But other than last week, he's been either hurt, suspended, or just plain average.

ForestGlade
10-25-2009, 08:11 AM
;766770']5. Did not qualify for Super Liga.

I thought only the US/Mexico teams were eligible for SuperLiga

RealG-TFC
10-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Vitti's a keeper, he probably had the best scoring chance of the night...

tfc2008
10-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Over 3 seasons we are the WORST team, prepar for a MLS Team you dont do it the way Toronto do watch Seatlle there is everything good organiste good players and a staff how knows wat soccer is, they buy players that you needed in a competitie and not here awww this is a scarborough men and so one and one.
Wat is the Guzman not a player fot TFC and there are more people ho dont belong here.
Start first to build a soccer team and not i know him from |England are other crap here in Toronto never gone change and this is really sad for the best supporters in the mls the redpatch boys, you guys care more then the hol organisation of this Toronto Shit.

tfc2008
10-25-2009, 08:34 AM
sorry for ny bad englich

[NBF]
10-25-2009, 09:42 AM
I thought only the US/Mexico teams were eligible for SuperLiga

My understanding of this is if TFC finishes with a top 4 record in the MLS, then they take up a spot in the Super Liga:drum:

[NBF]
10-25-2009, 11:50 PM
The grass pitch sounds great, but I'll believe it when I see it.

SilverSamurai
10-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Over 3 seasons we are the WORST team, prepar for a MLS Team you dont do it the way Toronto do watch Seatlle there is everything good organiste good players and a staff how knows wat soccer is, they buy players that you needed in a competitie and not here awww this is a scarborough men and so one and one.
Wat is the Guzman not a player fot TFC and there are more people ho dont belong here.
Start first to build a soccer team and not i know him from |England are other crap here in Toronto never gone change and this is really sad for the best supporters in the mls the redpatch boys, you guys care more then the hol organisation of this Toronto Shit.
WTF did you just say? I'm lost... :o No really I am...

Fushida
10-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Vitti's a keeper, he probably had the best scoring chance of the night...

Yet he didn't score.... that's the story of the season for all our strikers. I like Vitti... I liked him when he first signed and still hope he got more chances than he did. But the truth is that he just hasn't been effective when he's played, especially not for that price tag. If he came back for ~100k a season or less, then I'd be happy. If not, then he can find a job elsewhere IMO.

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2009, 08:04 AM
;767151']My understanding of this is if TFC finishes with a top 4 record in the MLS, then they take up a spot in the Super Liga:drum:

Superliga is a joke of a competition and should not be a goal for us. Look at the fine print and you'll see the Mexican teams are invited to play and can decide not to enter the competition. MLS spotlights it for Mexican league fans not football fans of the entire region.