PDA

View Full Version : No Nick Garcia in the defence --> Now who do we blame??

prizby
10-24-2009, 08:14 PM
3 goals, no nick garcia, frustrated fan

spezz44
10-24-2009, 08:18 PM
we'll have the next 6 months to try and figure that one out

bertal
10-24-2009, 08:22 PM
toronto always goes out in style!

torfchamilton
10-24-2009, 08:58 PM
We can blame Cummins, Mo, the system they played, Dero for trying to do too much as always. TFC was like Jim from American pie, they blew their load thinking about playoffs. Time for Mo and co to go, this team needs new direction.

Jeff s
10-24-2009, 09:05 PM
We can blame Cummins, Mo, the system they played, Dero for trying to do too much as always. TFC was like Jim from American pie, they blew their load thinking about playoffs. Time for Mo and co to go, this team needs new direction.

Your blaming DeRo?

Not that all of our attackers didnt do shit (although Ny goalkeeper did a good job) but umm. what the fuck was up with Edwards?

Hero last week, complete disaster today. Made a meal out of every goal. 0 fucking saves, unbelievable.

shwade
10-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Dero's great no doubt but someone tell him the guys in red are his friends.

DichioTFC
10-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Cummins fault. Buck stops with him, period.

TheRenter
10-24-2009, 09:11 PM
^ +11111111111111111111111

torfchamilton
10-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Your blaming DeRo?

Not that all of our attackers didnt do shit (although Ny goalkeeper did a good job) but umm. what the fuck was up with Edwards?

Hero last week, complete disaster today. Made a meal out of every goal. 0 fucking saves, unbelievable.

I am not solely blaming Dero, but he has to learn that he has teammates. He does amazing things at times, but does a lot of stupid things. It was a complete disaster on the field from all.

prizby
10-24-2009, 09:18 PM
team fault tonight?

jloome
10-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Anyone who solely blames Chris Cummins for this should have their head examined. We have a shit defense, which Mo signed. We have heartless players whom Mo signed.

Yeah, Cummins probably did a wholly insufficient job. But, no true wingers and a series of technicians with 10 cent heads. How many times does it have to be said, season after season, that a coach alone can't make a team lose?

Serioux? Two stupid goals in the most important game in the team's short history in the league should demonstrate he's not a backline leader. Even Nana got caught out once tonight, but was still one of the few non-embarassments out there tonight.

Dero, dribbling all over hte place, never passing the ball. No one moving off the ball. DeGuzman, on the face of what we saw today, for $925,000 a season? Don't make me laugh. I think he's already waiting for certain players to be shed before he takes this jaunt seriously.

Meanwhile, there's the obvious question of bad attitudes, bad work ethic, lack of leadership etc. We have players or staff shitting on Robinson (based on his comment to Molinaro that he knew where the comment came from), we have players throwing their hands up in the air after a teammate loses the ball instead of trying to chase it down.

Unbelievable, that people would be so sheep-like, so devoted to the herd that they look for the easy scapegoat. (Actually, not that surprising, but fucking disappointing.)

You win as a team, but you sure as fuck lose as a team, too. A lot of people make snide comments on here about Jason DeVos as a commentator, but I'll tell you one thing: as a player, he'd have cut his own arm off before he'd put in as heartless a performance as some of our players did tonight.

Go ahead, look for the easy answer. But it's not just firing Chris Cummins.

felipe
10-24-2009, 09:27 PM
ummm....two young kids teamed with a guy who has never been a central defender as a three man backline and you're wondering who to blame?

The backline 3 was atrocious and wholly responsible for the goals against.

The only differnce in tonights game to last weeks game is that REd Bulls took their chances and RSL did not - and that we took ours last week and (just) missed ours last week.

Superman wouldn't have saved those shots.

We still looked like getting back into the game until Barrett left with his injury - that finished us tonight and should be apparent to everyone; we're not the same team without him.

felipe
10-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Actually DeVos got back into my good books tonight - but last week? I'm not sure what he was saying...(I don't know what he has against Chad)

We sorely were lacking leadership tonight; Dichio, Robbo would have made a huge difference; the players would have been scared to go back into the locker room if they were waiting for them.

The only guy I saw that was busting his ass at teh end was DeRo.

STB
10-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Dero's great no doubt but someone tell him the guys in red are his friends.

Its the classic best kid in school mentality, he would pass it to someone else but they will probably feck it up.........

Nuvinho
10-24-2009, 09:41 PM
We blame the red balloon.......oops.......sorry wrong game!!

SilverSamurai
10-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Velez and Robbo.
It's who I blame.

billyfly
10-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Anyone watching the game can understand Serioux committed on the first 2 goals and lost.

gtaguy
10-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Year 3 said and done.. I hope to god that mojo looks at things in a realistic manner and realizes that the way hes moving on with this team is not the ideal way of going .. I understand that we are only 3 seasons young in this league however i don't see seattle dropping a game like the way toronto did tonight.. shame tfc .. pure shame in the the way you finished the season off..

Northern Soul
10-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Well, here's my take. I don't think Cummins is a good coach. He has certainly made some questionable decisions regarding who starts, who is subbed in.

I also think that some of the players on the team who feel 'entitled' to be there should go. Say what you want about DeRo, but he works his ass off every game. That certainly can't be said about all of our players. Guevara, despite all of his talent, barely seems to give a crap most of the time. Seeing him play for Honduras compared to TFC is night and day.

We need a new defense. Brennan is not a capable starter, Garcia was hit and miss, mostly miss. Serioux, as much as I love him, was hit and miss too (although I'd keep him and Nana). Robbo did not have a great year as CDM, and that certainly didn't help either.

As good as some of the players are that we brought in, we need some stability and consistency on the team. This entire year was like Football Manager in rotating players in and out. How the hell can our team gel if they don't know who will be starting beside them on the pitch?

We have a lot of attacking players, but nobody that can finish clinically on a regular basis. I'd definitely keep a lot of the guys (Barrett, DeRo, De Guzman, Gerba, White) but we need a new system, specifically one that can use De Guzman as the linkup between defense and strikers.

We need some proper wing players. We need guys that can consistently get the ball in the box to our strikers. I wouldn't mind keeping Brennan on the wing, but as a defender he isn't very good, especially this year. At least from the wing he has generated some chances.

Basically, a 5-0 loss to a shit team when you're fighting for your playoff lives should tell you all you need to know. Coaching, players, trainers, GMs...everyone is to blame.

SmokedPanda
10-25-2009, 08:05 AM
It still is Nick Garcia's fault, for all those goals that went in which cost us games and points

VPjr
10-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Anyone who solely blames Chris Cummins for this should have their head examined. We have a shit defense, which Mo signed. We have heartless players whom Mo signed.

Yeah, Cummins probably did a wholly insufficient job. But, no true wingers and a series of technicians with 10 cent heads. How many times does it have to be said, season after season, that a coach alone can't make a team lose?

Serioux? Two stupid goals in the most important game in the team's short history in the league should demonstrate he's not a backline leader. Even Nana got caught out once tonight, but was still one of the few non-embarassments out there tonight.

Dero, dribbling all over hte place, never passing the ball. No one moving off the ball. DeGuzman, on the face of what we saw today, for $925,000 a season? Don't make me laugh. I think he's already waiting for certain players to be shed before he takes this jaunt seriously.

Meanwhile, there's the obvious question of bad attitudes, bad work ethic, lack of leadership etc. We have players or staff shitting on Robinson (based on his comment to Molinaro that he knew where the comment came from), we have players throwing their hands up in the air after a teammate loses the ball instead of trying to chase it down.

Unbelievable, that people would be so sheep-like, so devoted to the herd that they look for the easy scapegoat. (Actually, not that surprising, but fucking disappointing.)

You win as a team, but you sure as fuck lose as a team, too. A lot of people make snide comments on here about Jason DeVos as a commentator, but I'll tell you one thing: as a player, he'd have cut his own arm off before he'd put in as heartless a performance as some of our players did tonight.

Jloome...we don't always see eye to eye on everything but you have absolutely hit the nail square on the head. Kudos

A very smart coach sent me a txt last night after the game and made the comment "certain TFC players are earning the reputation of being coach killers". I have to agree with that.

As for DeVos, you are 100% right. What happened last night would not happen on a team where he is wearing the armband. That is a man who understands leadership

Alixir
10-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Blame the whole team. 5-0 is pitiful.

Pookie
10-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Jloome...we don't always see eye to eye on everything but you have absolutely hit the nail square on the head. Kudos

A very smart coach sent me a txt last night after the game and made the comment "certain TFC players are earning the reputation of being coach killers". I have to agree with that.

Agreed.

We will have gone through 2 coaches in one season when Cummins departs. Carver quit mid-season and didn't have a job to go to. Cummins hinted at promises unfulfilled.

The next guy is stepping into the same situation. Pretty foolish to think we'd get different results if we don't change it.

Sounds like it is broken from the top down (promises made) and bottom up (coach killers).

Simply changing the scapegoat does nothing.

Anyone care to speculate on the "killers"?

grizzle
10-25-2009, 11:39 AM

Well said.

Pachuco
10-25-2009, 11:52 AM
I blame balloon boy. Fucking CNN, and the piece of shit balloon boy. It's all their fault.

Carts
10-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Who to blame is simple - EVERYONE...

Carts...

Carts
10-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Cummins hinted at promises unfulfilled.

We might have a major problem here...

Carver hinted at things not coming through that were promised...

Dero said openly "it was my understanding I was going to be the DP" then that never happened...

Now Cummins is saying promises weren't kept...

This is bad trend - and must stop...

Whoever is making these promises & not keeping them should be the first person to take the fall for this season...

Carts...

grizzle
10-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Whoever is making these promises & not keeping them should be the first person to take the fall for this season...

Tom Anselmi already said that won't be happening in his interview last night.

rocker
10-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Unbelievable, that people would be so sheep-like,

I'm gonna call you out, Jloome. Why is it that when a group of people hold a different opinion than you do, it's because they are sheep.......? you've used this exact "argumentative strategy" before.

Why can't people just hold an opinion? If a lot of people hold that opinion, why must they be sheep?

It's one thing to disagree with people for saying Cummins is the only problem with the team. But that's very different than saying such an opinion is the product of being a "sheep".

Dunc
10-25-2009, 01:14 PM
I was really drunk so i'm not too sure but Serioux looked gash to me in everything he did, even things as simple as heading the ball he fucked up last night.

BRed
10-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Who do we blame?! I'll tell you who we blame...We blame that kid on the street named Mikey who picked up a puck instead of a ball, that kid who yells CAR! instead of GOAL! That's who we blame! ..And to all of you, who are planning to have kids, maybe a healthy little boy with big strong bones..feed him lots of milk! and call him pepe, or ronaldo or Kaka..Not Mikey, or Doug!

So then what happens you ask? Well let me finish a quote you might have heard in a movie a while ago...See, when you get the girl, you get the kids..when you get the kids, you get the talent..and when you have the talent, you have the power!

F to the U MLSE..We will pwn you in the next 10-15years