View Full Version : TFC Playoff Prices

Petor
10-22-2009, 04:19 PM
http://www.torontomarlies.com/assets/default/TFCplayoffs_seatingcharts.pdf

denime
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I just received this email from TFC FO.

Toronto FC 2009 Playoffs Tickets

First we want to thank you for renewing your 2010 season seats! You make BMO Field the best football environment in MLS and are truly our 12th man…Thank You!
Now let’s talk playoffs…
This Saturday, TFC heads to New York for the last game of the regular season. We currently hold the 8th and final playoff spot and with a win on Saturday (and a little help), we should qualify for the playoffs. So if all goes well, there will be a playoff game at BMO Field very soon and here’s what will happen:
1. Your Playoff Tickets:
Once the game is confirmed (Monday morning) we will charge the credit card you used to pay for your 2010 season tickets. Please see your renewal invoice for a reminder of this payment.
2. Additional Tickets:
As a renewed Season Seat Holder we will hold a window for you to purchase a limited number (2 per account) of additional seats to this match. These will go on sale through Account Manager (http://mlsefans.com/index.cfm?n35167s3379c2212804t3380o2239) on Monday, October 26th from 2pm-6pm. Note: Additional seats will be sold at the single ticket price.
3. Printing Your Tickets:
On Tuesday afternoon we will activate the ability for you to print and forward your tickets on Account Manager. (http://mlsefans.com/index.cfm?n35167s3379c2212804t3380o2239) You will also be able to print any additional tickets you purchase this way.
4. Relocation Event:
Since there is a considerable amount of work to do in a very small amount of time we will be postponing the relocation event to the second week of November (Nov 9-12). Specific details on this event will be sent to you in the coming weeks.
It may seem that we are getting ahead of ourselves (i.e. counting the chickens…) but we want to ensure that this process goes as smoothly as possible should we qualify for the playoffs this weekend!
Don’t forget to watch Saturday’s game on GOLTV at 7:00 pm and stay tuned for an update on Monday morning!
Toronto FC
// All For One

http://i37.tinypic.com/33uscjt.jpg

Not bad considering how Raptors playoff tickets are always double price.

ArmenJBX
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Again, this could all mean nothing if we don't make it.

Anyone know what day it would be?

werewolf
10-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Anyone know what day it would be?

Halloween, probably.

Super
10-22-2009, 04:28 PM
A play-off game should pocket MLSE a cool million in ticket prices alone. Add to that all the other possible earnings (luxury boxes, beer and food sales, TV money, advertising, etc.) and we're probably looking at a total of $2 million. Not bad for an MLS club. Imagine that, though - one game is almost equal to the entire team salary (minus JDG).

MUFC_Niagara
10-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Did season seat holders get anything?

flatpicker
10-22-2009, 04:29 PM
It's good that they are getting this information out now.
Soccer news doesn't spread as quickly as other sports in this city.
So if we do make the playoffs, at least people will be ready to buy up all the tickets.

Did season seat holders get anything?

As for letting us STH's buy additional seats...
On one hand I like the fact that I might be able to pick up a couple seats for friends,
But on the other hand, it will also allow for more scalped tickets.

MUFC_Niagara
10-22-2009, 04:32 PM
^^ No I meant email. I didn't receive anything yet.

BC101
10-22-2009, 04:35 PM
19$? doesn't look good for scalping:(

LOL

BC101
10-22-2009, 04:41 PM
and with that i just got the email.

flatpicker
10-22-2009, 04:42 PM

The deliver their emails in order of sexiest first...

GabrielHurl
10-22-2009, 04:48 PM

you didn't get yours yet then? :D

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Hoping for a sunday nov 1st tilt!!

Suds
10-22-2009, 04:54 PM

not yet ... but don't worry ... these email programs send out the messages in smaller groups so not to overwhelm their network ... if you don't see it tomorrow then I would call your rep

billyfly
10-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Hope to see my first TFC playoff game soon!

MUFC_Niagara
10-22-2009, 05:44 PM
not yet ... but don't worry ... these email programs send out the messages in smaller groups so not to overwhelm their network ... if you don't see it tomorrow then I would call your rep

Cool, thanks.

MTomas
10-22-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm thinking a Nov 1st or Oct 31 date as well with a 1pm kickoff. I can't see MLS playing a game on Oct 29th which is a Thursday. Game would be a night game and on that day at that time it would be close to freezing.

I just want TFC to make the playoffs.

Come on you reds.

Oldtimer
10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
A play-off game should pocket MLSE a cool million in ticket prices alone. Add to that all the other possible earnings (luxury boxes, beer and food sales, TV money, advertising, etc.) and we're probably looking at a total of $2 million. Not bad for an MLS club. Imagine that, though - one game is almost equal to the entire team salary (minus JDG).

1/3 of ticket sales goes to the league revenue sharing).
Other profits are more like $100k, after the City of Toronto take their cut.

Still, it add to the bottom line.

Dave67
10-22-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm thinking a Nov 1st or Oct 31 date as well with a 1pm kickoff. I can't see MLS playing a game on Oct 29th which is a Thursday. Game would be a night game and on that day at that time it would be close to freezing.

I just want TFC to make the playoffs.

Come on you reds.

I don't know how they pick the dates, but if there has to be a Thursday playoff game the league knows TFC will sell it out.

denime
10-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't care how much they gong to make,just make the F*^%ing playoffs !!

BTW I like that we can by 2 additional tix,this should bring some extra RPB fellows at BMO.

dclaro
10-22-2009, 06:41 PM
16,000 season holders, each have an option of another 2, looks like people will be fighting for those tickets

DOMIN8R
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM

Yeah. I got mine yesterday.

mastermixer
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
That email sounds pretty confident that we will make the playoffs. They are already telling you how to print off your tickets. I hope they don't jinx anything. :(

mclaren
10-22-2009, 07:09 PM
shocked at the reasonable prices considering how they've treated the fans this season - perhaps they've seen the light?

wzhxvy
10-22-2009, 07:14 PM
16,000 season holders, each have an option of another 2, looks like people will be fighting for those tickets

Not so sure about that...if you had 90 percent renewal rate...that leaves 3K of newly available seats +4K of non season ticket holder seats..so you have 13,000 seats spoken for...divide by at least 2...so you have 6500 individual season ticket holders fighting for 7K in available tickets...so they are betting on less than 50% of the season ticket holders taking that offer..

wzhxvy
10-22-2009, 07:15 PM
shocked at the reasonable prices considering how they've treated the fans this season - perhaps they've seen the light?

maybe they have seen the renewal rate ? :-) I think this year might test this mythical, fantastical, ever growing, legitimate waiting list we keep hearing about

Bobo
10-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Granted that it falls on different days every year, there have only ever been 3 MLS playoff games on Halloween. It wouldn't make sense for MLS to schedule games that night (or even day) so I'm expecting they are left for Sunday.

mlsintoronto
10-22-2009, 08:17 PM

May I borrow your magic calculator? ;)

TFCtoMUFC
10-22-2009, 08:18 PM
May I borrow your magic calculator? ;)

Any insight on when the game is going to be? Cause if its a night game ima need 2 tickets, day game requires 1.

mlsintoronto
10-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Won't know until it is all over. Monday morning I bet. There is a chance for Thursday night!

TFCtoMUFC
10-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Won't know until it is all over. Monday morning I bet. There is a chance for Thursday night!

Meh not a fan of night games, can't complain when we are in the playoffs! The place needs to be rockin, prawnies move over cause we need a win!

Redpunkfiddle
10-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Meh not a fan of night games, can't complain when we are in the playoffs! The place needs to be rockin, prawnies move over cause we need a win!

Totally a fan of night games.

Not a fan of having the return leg on a Thursday though and that's what would happen. It will put a crunch on our away support (excluding myself of course).

werewolf
10-22-2009, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we play on Thursday if our opponent is Chicago. Unless LA gets matched up against Seattle.

denime
10-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Totally a fan of night games.

^^^ +1

Miko
10-22-2009, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we play on Thursday if our opponent is Chicago. Unless LA gets matched up against Seattle.

We won't play on Thursday. No way that ESPN wants to show a Canadian team for their game of the week.

jabbronies
10-22-2009, 09:07 PM
^^^ +1

+2

Night games have an amazing atmosphere.

werewolf
10-22-2009, 09:11 PM
We won't play on Thursday. No way that ESPN wants to show a Canadian team for their game of the week.

I wouldn't think so initially either. But then MLSinTO said its possible, and then I looked at some other potential matchups (Columbus vs. Colorado, Houston vs. Chivas), its not that far out of the realm of possibility. Though lots can change between now and then of course, esp. with the West and the last playoff spot race being as tight as they are.

Eastend
10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
So possible playpoff days are either Thursday or Sunday of next week?

Also, as for playoff ticket prices being low due to low renewal, that is incorrect. The prices were set early and were in the email that TFC sent out on September 16/09 as part of the renewal video package.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-22-2009, 09:23 PM

I could settle for that!.......

OCT 31st!!!!......HOPE NOT!..if so starting bid of $100 ea!:drinking:

Praying for the thursday NIGHT GAME!! :) foooookin place would ROCK!

or a SUNDAY TILT!!

OCT 31st.......foooook me!

ArmenJBX
10-22-2009, 09:25 PM
STOP.

We are not in the playoffs yet. Wait for Saturday, then we can plan all this fun stuff :D

TFCtoMUFC
10-22-2009, 09:26 PM
STOP.

We are not in the playoffs yet. Wait for Saturday.

Jimmy, I cant wait for Saturday. If we make the playoffs I am going to do something ridonculous.

Blizzard
10-22-2009, 09:28 PM

Remember, roughly half of the gate receipts go to MLS! That said, ya, TFC will do well but considering the amount of money going into the new field and the alternate community facilities, I won't begrudge them too much.

ArmenJBX
10-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Jimmy, I cant wait for Saturday. If we make the playoffs I am going to do something ridonculous.

Man, I'm stoked too, but this is still a Toronto based team we're talking about. Playoffs and Toronto in the same sentence can't be thrown around lightly.

TFCtoMUFC
10-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Man, I'm stoked too, but this is still a Toronto based team we're talking about. Playoffs and Toronto in the same sentence can't be thrown around lightly.

Unless there is a sarcastic tone or laughing at the end of the sentence. If we make the playoffs I think we are the worst team to play against, we will be coming in on a 2 game winning streak and we may high them like a train.

dclaro
10-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Unless there is a sarcastic tone or laughing at the end of the sentence. If we make the playoffs I think we are the worst team to play against, we will be coming in on a 2 game winning streak and we may high them like a train.
once you get in anything can happen, so im hoping making the playoffs gets the team a huge amount of confidence, and with the home crowd behind them we can go far, i wonder how many people will travel to the mls cup final?

Oldtimer
10-23-2009, 05:43 AM
Remember, roughly half of the gate receipts go to MLS! That said, ya, TFC will do well but considering the amount of money going into the new field and the alternate community facilities, I won't begrudge them too much.

Half was the original split. Now it's 1/3.

MG42
10-23-2009, 05:52 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO make it Saturday :)

olegunnar
10-23-2009, 06:57 AM
The higher seed plays at home first. So the Thursday night option was a possibility if we were the 2nd seed in the East. Chicago won, so thats not a possibility anymore. If we make the playoffs our home game will be on the weekend.

Eastend
10-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Sunday afternoon would be beautiful....this Saturday would be a nightmare for parents with kids due to halloween.....

Eastend
10-23-2009, 07:00 AM
The higher seed plays at home first. So the Thursday night option was a possibility if we were the 2nd seed in the East. Chicago won, so thats not a possibility anymore. If we make the playoffs our home game will be on the weekend.

I may be wrong but I thought the higher seed had the second leg at home.....no?

TFC_Junky
10-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Halloween, probably.

I kind of hope is Nov 1. I have to run the hamilton marathon on halloween...

olegunnar
10-23-2009, 07:17 AM
I may be wrong but I thought the higher seed had the second leg at home.....no?

You're right. I was wrong

PLAYOFF FORMAT: Conference Semifinal series are conducted in a home-and-home, aggregate-goal format. The lower seeded team in the Conference Semifinal hosts the first game. The winners of those four series advance to single-game Conference Championships that will determine the MLS Cup Finalists.
The team that scores the most goals in the home-and-home series advances to the single elimination Conference Championship. If the teams are tied after 180 minutes in the Conference Semifinal series, a 30-minute extra time period (divided into two 15-minute periods) will be played followed by kicks from the penalty mark, if necessary. The team with the higher seed between the two Conference finalists will host the Conference Championship game. In the case of ties after 90 minutes of regulation in the Eastern and Western Conference Championship games and MLS Cup, 30 minutes of extra time (divided into two 15

Nuvinho
10-23-2009, 07:45 AM
This is exciting!!!.........haha!!!

Suds
10-23-2009, 08:10 AM
^^^ +1

especially in the summer ... not all of them, but a few evening games during the summer would be great

agree with the above poster about an away game, if it's a weeknight I know I will not be able to make it ... but hey, I'll take that if it means we are in the playoffs!! :scarf:

Oblio2
10-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Weeknight games are special...they feel different.
I saw Tottenham play a UEFA cup game on a Wednesday night once...it feels..different.....Special.
If we make the playoffs....if we play on a weeknight....it'll be..special.
Im so excited

Oldtimer
10-23-2009, 08:33 AM
I would certainly love a midweek game... especially since I can't make Saturday.

Dave67
10-23-2009, 08:43 AM
If we make the playoffs I see TFC as one of the few teams that could shift a large amount of tickets by Thursday. If we were playing Chicago I don't think ESPN would be so worried about having the Canadian team on Thursday night.

If we play Sunday the broadcast (if any) would be up against the NFL. + I have Bills tickets for the 1st (so please don't put it Nov1 :) )

Parkdale
10-23-2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.cambridgebaby.co.uk/catalog/images/LongJohnsWoolSilk-nat-264.JPG

^ playoffs = longjohns

Mark in Ottawa
10-23-2009, 09:02 AM
A lot depends upon the date of the playoff game. Midweek is hard for fans "from away" and Halloween would be a nightmare for a lot of people for many reasons.

Still, rest assured that the scalpers who own large blocks of season tickets, will be buying up as many as they can get if the playoff date looks at all reasonable.

First playoff game in franchise history = high demand!

Eastend
10-23-2009, 09:06 AM
no no no......since day 1, TFC always =

http://www.seejackshop.com/images/uploads/AE-cargo_shorts.jpg

ensco
10-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I think mlsintoronto is kind of telling us that it'll be Thursday night.

This didn't make sense to me at first (why would ESPN want TFC?) but, upon reflection, it makes perfect sense. TFC gives them a sense of occasion (wild, sold out crowd), and novelty value. Plus Chicago vs a non-US opponent is a better ratings play then Columbus vs "anybody else" would be.

T_Mizz
10-23-2009, 01:26 PM
I think mlsintoronto is kind of telling us that it'll be Thursday night.

This didn't make sense to me at first (why would ESPN want TFC?) but, upon reflection, it makes perfect sense. TFC gives them a sense of occasion (wild, sold out crowd), and novelty value. Plus Chicago vs a non-US opponent is a better ratings play then Columbus vs "anybody else" would be.
True this gives any amernicans watching a chance to chant U-S-A at their TV screens:canada:

Jay P
10-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Thursday night game? I hope so!

Raps home opener wed night/TFC playoff game Thurs night.

I like!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Thurs..would be beauty!!

AS i out of luck for the 31st! :(

mastermixer
10-28-2009, 03:01 PM
I just received this email from TFC FO.

Toronto FC 2009 Playoffs Tickets

http://i37.tinypic.com/33uscjt.jpg

Not bad considering how Raptors playoff tickets are always double price.

Jumped the gun a little there didnt we?