PDA

View Full Version : MLS in 25 Years time? What will it look like?

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Eastern Division Central Division Southern Division
Toronto FC.......Chicago Fire...............Atlanta
Montreal Impact...Columbus Crew .......Tampa ??
New England REV_...DCUnited.............. Miami ??
Detroit ?? .............NY Red Bulls ..........FC Dallas
Ottawa ?? ............NY Cosmos ?........ Houston Dynamo
Rochester??........ Philadelphia Union...... St Louis ??
Western Division
LA Galaxy
Chivas USA
Portland Timbers
San Jose earthquakes
Vancouver Whitecaps
Edmonton ??
Colorado Rapids

this would grow the league to 25 teams in 25 years time, not a rush to expand to quickly just the right amount over time..

King Tut
10-21-2009, 05:10 PM
?????

Parkdale
10-21-2009, 05:12 PM
in 25 years?

http://geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/road2.jpg

or

http://content7.flixster.com/photo/11/02/81/11028117_gal.jpg

take your pick

Kevvv
10-21-2009, 05:14 PM
is that Will Ferrell? What will he be doing in 25 yrs?

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
?????

looking long term of course..

james
10-21-2009, 05:37 PM
the league is changing every year, its inpossible to look passed the next 5 years what MLS will look like and be like. Its quite a pointless thread.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
the league is changing every year, its inpossible to look passed the next 5 years what MLS will look like and be like. Its quite a pointless thread.

never impossible to look ahead...maybe if the NHL had done that they may have avioded a few problem spots!! MLS needs to avoid what the nhl did, if they can do that they will bbe the fourth sports league in the uSA behind the nfl, basball and basketball.

prizby
10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
umm detroit in the east while new york in the central?

what about a canadian division?

ensco
10-21-2009, 05:48 PM
It'll be 20 teams - 8 North American plus 5 from Japan, 4 from China, 2 from Australia and one from southeast Asia. All the teams will play in SSSs that seat 60,000+. The league will be competitive with the best European and South American leagues.

Also, we will finally be using jetpacks to get around, like we were supposed to be by now, when I was a kid.

You're welcome. Anytime.

Kevvv
10-21-2009, 05:49 PM
what about global warming and demographics? The eastern seaboard is flooded, Atlanta runs out of water. Phoenix will have the population, but it will it have the water?

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
It'll be 16 teams - 8 North American plus 5 from Japan and 3 from Australia. All the teams will play in SSSs that seat 60,000+. The league will be competitive with the best European and South American leagues.

Also, we will finally be using jetpacks to get around, like we were supposed to be by now, when I was a kid.

You're welcome. Anytime.
:facepalm: but likely two clubs from Mexico, they are already talking that now..
Club America and pachuca!! that would make mls a true north american league!!

LesH
10-21-2009, 05:54 PM

+++1

LesH
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM
You know what I would really like 25 years from now?

A very strong Canadian league on it's own, with 18 teams, and a second Canadian division with 20 teams.
And relegation system - every season the bottom 2 drop from first league, and the top 2 come up from second.
And TFC being the team who won the most titles in division 1.

Of course this dream has a slimmer chance to become reality than having by then on the Moon a colony of 80,000 people....

james
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM
never impossible to look ahead...maybe if the NHL had done that they may have avioded a few problem spots!! MLS needs to avoid what the nhl did, if they can do that they will bbe the fourth sports league in the uSA behind the nfl, basball and basketball.

in 25 years the league could fold

In 25 years maybe North and South America will join a super league like Europe countries might join.

In 25 years maybe we will go back to the old MLS rules ( penalty shootouts after a tie game, stop the clock on whistles, commercial breaks)

in 25 years California maybe under water so Galaxy, chivas and San Jose no longer exsist

in 25 years New England might actually get to play in a soccer stadium

in 25 years the new war for america wont be over oil but maybe water

In 25 years the world could be over.

WHo the fuck knows 25 years from now! :D

LesH
10-21-2009, 06:02 PM
:facepalm: but likely two clubs from Mexico, they are already talking that now..

This is a joke, right? :facepalm:
Why would any premier Mexican club want to play in MLS, when the Mexican championship is much stronger and of course is attracting huge crowds?

OneLoveOneEric
10-21-2009, 06:16 PM
In 25 years? MLS may or may not be around....

jloome
10-21-2009, 07:57 PM
If Mo's still GM, we'll be coming to the end of our fifth unsuccessful five-year plan.

felipe
10-21-2009, 07:59 PM
and our 28th coach!

ArmenJBX
10-21-2009, 08:01 PM
If Mo's still GM, we'll be coming to the end of our fifth unsuccessful five-year plan.

Made me lol. Thanks for the laugh jloome :D

tfcleeds
10-21-2009, 08:02 PM
25 years? I just hope Leeds United are back in the Prem by then!

(Or European Super League, whatever)

Keyman
10-21-2009, 08:13 PM
25 years!? HA!
The world is ending in 2012, didn't you know?

Inklink
10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Cummins will be trying to perfect the long ball over the top to Cunningham Junior. :o

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Why would any premier Mexican club want to play in MLS, when the Mexican championship is much stronger and of course is attracting huge crowds?

MLS has already talked about adding the top 2 Mexican clubs it was in a article..if i can find it again i will add a link.

flatpicker
10-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Considering I will no doubt be a dirty old man in 25 years,
I would like MLS to look like this in a quarter century...

http://retardmedia.com/uploads/2007/11/hot-jap-chick-soccer03.jpg

SilverSamurai
10-21-2009, 10:20 PM
NASL 2.0?:rolleyes:

twistedchinaman
10-22-2009, 02:08 AM
^ Oy vey, that would be a nightmare.

__wowza
10-22-2009, 08:24 AM
In 25 years? MLS may or may not be around....

:facepalm: i for one have swallowed the five year plan hook line and sinker (seriously, look at this team in our first year), but hell.. if that didn't make me laugh. also, can we now please, for future reference have teams that have no name reffered to as the "whatevers"?

Fort York Redcoat
10-22-2009, 08:31 AM

You're welcome. Anytime.

MLS will be played by us. We will control the players through FIFA online play

and the players will have the jetpacks

The HaloMajorLeagueof Soccer

Chevy
10-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Columbus will still be a s**thole, just without a MLS team (or an NHL team).

Oldtimer
10-22-2009, 08:45 AM
The Red Bulls will still be the same as the always have been, only in a SSS.

Antifa Bhoy
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
looking long term of course..

if MLS is around in 25 years, i'd be shocked. it will be something else by then.

kitchener-TFC
10-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Single Table Please!

TorCanSoc
10-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Its a legitimate question. I would say look at the league in 10 years before we look at another 25. Hopefully in ten years we fold some weak franchises, and bring in some strong ones. We know we're growing to 17 teams in 2011. Montreal in 2012 is it the shoe-in everyone thinks it is? That takes it to 18. I know Vancouver is going to be a success, Portland I think will be a success. I would like to see three weakest teams dropped, for three more Seattle'esque franchises. This league will solidify rather than expand. NHL has shown that over-expansion is not the answer.

In ten years I think....
- the salary cap will be 15 million
- drop 3 weak teams, replace with 3 strong teams
- league avg attendance will pass 20,000
- no more freebie tickets will be given out

In 25 years
- salary cap is 150 million
- 24 teams
- relegation
- U.S. wins the world cup
- most profitable league in the world (not the best, the most profitable)

YEAH I SAID IT !!!

GhostKiller
10-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Leave it to an Ottawa Senators fan to post this shit

T_Mizz
10-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Leave it to an Ottawa Senators fan to post this shit
Hey! That's not fair we're not all like that!:D

Because USA is where the money is, has been and possibly always will be, the decision to join the MLS won't be in the hands of the football people it'll be in the hands of the people who stand to profit. Think of it like MLSE, if they thought it'd be profitable to join the USL and were welcome to then you bet your ass they'd be there. This is the same reason that hockey players come to the NHL, basketball players come to the NBA, baseball players come to the MLB.

LesH
10-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey! That's not fair we're not all like that!:D

Because USA is where the money is, has been and possibly always will be, the decision to join the MLS won't be in the hands of the football people it'll be in the hands of the people who stand to profit. Think of it like MLSE, if they thought it'd be profitable to join the USL and were welcome to then you bet your ass they'd be there. This is the same reason that hockey players come to the NHL, basketball players come to the NBA, baseball players come to the MLB.

Hmmm, this sounds logic.

If this ever happens, for a long time the supporters of those 2 Mexican Teams will hate there FO-s...