PDA

View Full Version : CONCACAF Champions League: Matchday 10

ForestGlade
10-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Don't know if anyone else is watching, but Puerto Rico's leading Columbus 1-0 after 60', which could lead to their elimination.

DC is also leading Toluca which would guarantee them 2nd place in the group

Houston plays Wednesday night

ForestGlade
10-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Lopez ties it for Toluca ties it on a penalty at 62'

ForestGlade
10-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Renteria at 74' ties it for Columbus, who only need a draw to advance to the knockout round

akoto
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
where u guys watching this?

ForestGlade
10-20-2009, 09:03 PM
atdhe.net

Columbus and DC United each draw 1-1. Columbus advances as the Group C runner-up and DC need a winless San Juan to beat/draw Marathón to advance out of Group B

Tomorrow Houston plays Isidro Metapán and needs 3 points as well as a Pachuca victory over Árabe Unido to tie with Undio for 2nd place in Group A. Houston owns the tie-breaker

SilverSamurai
10-20-2009, 10:50 PM
atdhe.net

Columbus and DC United each draw 1-1. Columbus advances as the Group C runner-up and DC need a winless San Juan to beat/draw Marathón to advance out of Group B

Tomorrow Houston plays Isidro Metapán and needs 3 points as well as a Pachuca victory over Árabe Unido to tie with Undio for 2nd place in Group A. Houston owns the tie-breaker
Arab United? For real? Latin American teams often have really funny names. lol

ForestGlade
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Wednesday, October 21
Pachuca vs Deportivo Arabe Unido - 8pm - Live streaming (http://atdhe.net/10004/watch-pachuca-vs-deportivo-arabe-unido)
AD Isidro Metapan vs Houston Dynamo - 10pm - Live streaming (http://atdhe.net/9994/watch-ad-isidro-metapan-vs-houston-dynamo)

Houston needs 3 points and a Pachuca victory to advance into the knockout stages

kodiakTFC
10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Pachuca won but Houston is down 2-0 10 minutes in to this awful team from El Salvador.

ForestGlade
10-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Check that. Houston tie the game right before halftime by running the keeper.

Here's hoping Houston advances and we get a early fixture against them

kodiakTFC
10-22-2009, 01:19 AM
Houston lost 3-2, they are out. Looks like only Columbus will be advancing from MLS.

twistedchinaman
10-22-2009, 01:24 AM
^ Unless San Juan Jabloteh can stop Marathon OR hold them to a tie. DC is +4, Marathon is -4, so Marathon has to win.

Lennon
10-22-2009, 02:36 AM
What an embarrassing loss from Houston

twistedchinaman
10-22-2009, 02:37 AM
^ Safe to say, the fall from grace is almost complete?

Since their back to back championships they have not been the same...

kodiakTFC
10-22-2009, 02:57 AM
^ Safe to say, the fall from grace is almost complete?

Since their back to back championships they have not been the same...

Put DeRo back on Houston and they are a major threat again.

twistedchinaman
10-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Put DeRo back on Houston and they are a major threat again.

I think there are more pieces to Houston than DeRo that they've lost. Adrian Serioux was part of the '06 championship team -- and they were able to cover for him in '07.

Major part is that Stu Holden IMO was being groomed to be the next DeRo, but so far he has yet to barely fill his shoes. Jaqua and Ianni's gone to Seattle, Ngwenya is gone to Turkey, the list goes on...Don't get me wrong, they're still armed to the teeth -- what with Brian Ching and all -- but that luster of awe (ergo, the "OMG, it's them!" lustre, can't describe it), it's not there any more.

First season, that rainy game when they went down 1-0 at BMO...I saw a tinge of that shine drain away onto the carpet. Then last year's first round crash out against the Red Craps was the clincher in my eyes. This year they are using the twilight of that lustre -- I truly believed they could have mopped the floor with the Galaxatives last Sunday with out without Mr. Posh, but they didn't.

If they sent the '06 Dynamo eam into Metapan instead of this one -- I almost GUARANTEE you a different result.

rocker
10-22-2009, 07:42 AM
it'll be interesting to see what happens to Houston when Holden leaves. his contract is up at the end of the year.. he was deliberately refusing contract renegotiation (he's on a shitty 30K-40K contract) to keep his options open. I think he'll go to Europe.

twistedchinaman
10-22-2009, 11:45 AM
^ They can use whatever cash they somehow milk out of him to reinvest in some other players. Stu Holden is good, but has been rather silent if not downright rotten lately. DDR this man is not, and so far hasn't proved that he will be anywhere close to that level.