PDA

View Full Version : Do You Love Your Seats

Chapman
10-20-2009, 06:44 AM
There is a lot of talk of people bashing their section or particular seats for whatever reason.
However with seat relocation coming around the corner I'm looking for anybody who loves their seats to help in my decision in relocation. I just want to see if there are people who have consistent season seat holders around them week in and week out, no scalper seats, and generally help make the game that much better. I have heard enough of the complaints now I'm looking to see where the places to be are (other than the impossible 112 as we already know that would be the best). Currently I'm in 109 row 23 which is alright but a little too quite and expensive.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2009, 06:47 AM
more than anything, 117 row 4 spitting distance from the corner, its been a long season without having sat in them

Afra
10-20-2009, 06:48 AM
I am right behind you in row 24. The back of the section is coming along nicely on the south side close to 110 with Sparta helping us keep in time. I am going to stick it out there and hopefully the top can make even more gains next season.

TFC_Junky
10-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Second row of 111. Can't get much better than this IMO. Looking down field the angles get a little skued but entertainment wise, can beat it!

Eastend
10-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Section 114, row 6 (really the first row on the railing by the stairs....oh the view), seats 25/26. I/we wouldn't trade my/our seats for anything. Everyone around us stands and all SSH since season 1. Occasionally there are newbies in there using SSH tickets but they adapt quickly....they have no choice.

Alarius
10-20-2009, 07:24 AM
I don't like my seats... on the curb outside the stadium :(

Oldtimer
10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm in 114. It's a pretty good section. The Ultras 114 are nearer to the front, but I'm near the back. good views, good atmosphere.

lintberg
10-20-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm in 109 Row 32...right across the aisle from Sparta in 110. I love my location...but, it would be even better if more of lower 109 got involved. Usually only the top 3-4 rows really get in to it. Here's hoping next year will bring more supporters in to 109!!

canadian_bhoy
10-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Right in the heart of 112. It doesn't get better than that at BMO.

flatpicker
10-20-2009, 07:57 AM
... I'm looking for anybody who loves their seats to help in my decision in relocation. .

Don't go getting your hopes up Chapman.
The seat relocation process at BMO is severely flawed and pretty much guarantees you will not get a fair shot at seats which may become vacated. Seniority means nothing; even if you were on the first day of relocation, you still don't have access to all the seats that will open up in the days after your visit to BMO. I still don't understand why they don't just have an online form for people to fill in, should they wish to relocate. Then some program that was designed by an underpaid college grad would instantly match up all the requests (as much as possible at least).

Now, there is a chance you will get lucky and find some new seats if you go down to the relocation.
But don't count on it.

Hitcho
10-20-2009, 07:59 AM
118, row 14.

I love those seats for sentimental reasons - I was standing in them at 23:13, when Danny got THAT goal against NER (etc) and they've been my seats since November 2006.

In terms of view - really good. Angled in to the pitch like 112 is. Really good for corners, seeing the action in the south, but also can see the whole pitch without getting a crick in your neck.

Atmosphere - 5/10. There are times when 118 really starts to jump quite nicely. But right behind me (I am in row 14) there is a vast tract of emptiness or variable faces. And worse still, at the back of the section is TRN. (the drums, the drums...) Many's the time I have felt they have ruined my game day experience with their incessant, over-powering, tedious crap that they spew out relentlessly. Once or twice they've had a good game and got in synch with the fans, but for the most part I could cheerfully toss every fucking one of them over the top edge of BMO Field, and then drop their fucking drums on their heads when they land. :mad: They basically kill any chance of a unified south end, or even a south west corner.

So, I love and hate my seats. Steer clear of 118 unless you feel like doing the sodding samba all game instead of chanting. :facepalm:

trane
10-20-2009, 07:59 AM
I have given up on 104, this year, I have not even tried to stand all game. But as I bring non-supporters and my son to the game I have come to live with it. However, I would probebly not say no to a seat in 112.

View wise, my seats are pretty damn good. I may try to move to the prawns for business entertainment pusposes If I get around to talk seat relocation.

Hitcho
10-20-2009, 08:00 AM
The seat relocation process at BMO is severely flawed and pretty much guarantees you will not get a fair shot at seats which may become vacated. Seniority means nothing; even if you were on the first day of relocation, you still don't have access to all the seats that will open up in the days after your visit to BMO. I still don't understand why they don't just have an online form for people to fill in, should they wish to relocate. Then some program that was designed by an underpaid college grad would instantly match up all the requests (as much as possible at least).

Now, there is a chance you will get lucky and find some new seats if you go down to the relocation.
But don't count on it.

I am reasonably early on in the process (Nov 2006 I think, might be early Dec though) and whenever I have been down it's basically dark greys or nothing. South end seats would be a miracle, in any section.

mastermixer
10-20-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm in 109 Row 32...right across the aisle from Sparta in 110. I love my location...but, it would be even better if more of lower 109 got involved. Usually only the top 3-4 rows really get in to it. Here's hoping next year will bring more supporters in to 109!!

I'm in section 109 too. I would like to get the same seats on the other side of the stadium so I can get a better look at team benches etc and it looks like there are more real fans on that side. 109 always seems half empty and its a shame because they are some of the best seats for a view in the stadium (not including supporters secs obviously)

Ageroo
10-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Section 115...row 4....first row of the seating. Just off the left post....I love cursing at the keeper! :)

Belfast_Boy
10-20-2009, 08:03 AM
been all over BMO this year. here's my scoop.
117 was ok, but the drums..... i think I can still hear them in my head. totally screws up chants.
127 was good especially lower down. but had my RPB scarf on and got a couple of funny looks.
200's been all over them. don't go there unless you're bringing a little kids or want to sit all game.
110 was the best so far, been right at the bottom and row 18. better view of the game because you're not right at the end or the corner. close enough to the supporters to join in and appreciate the chants.

Afra
10-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm in section 109 too. I would like to get the same seats on the other side of the stadium so I can get a better look at team benches etc and it looks like there are more real fans on that side. 109 always seems half empty and its a shame because they are some of the best seats for a view in the stadium (not including supporters secs obviously)

There is a set of seats behind me in row 25, about 8 of them, that are always empty. It is a shame but I always have somewhere to move up to if the people right behind don't want to stand (happens often). By about row 28 or so everyone is standing on the 110 side of the section - aim for there or just in front of there. Right behind me would be good - then I can stand all game without hassle too!

Nomad
10-20-2009, 08:10 AM

But don't count on it.

The system is a little convoluted but i wouldn't say it isn't fair or anyone has a bad shot. I had someone go on my behalf on the very last day at the very last appointment and scored exactly what i wanted in the lower rows of 127.

Granted if everyone's looking for 112 there's a slim chance but picking up a seat in 119, top of 110 or the west side of the southend isn't that far reaching.

What may be not available at one appointment could be available in the very next one if someone from the previous appointment gives up seats in a desirable section.

Section 117
10-20-2009, 08:11 AM
I sit in section 117 row 8 love the seats but wish that the atmosphere was better sometimes....

A lot of new faces game in and game out but the regulars are always there

ACSertL
10-20-2009, 08:20 AM
114 Row 17, near the aisle on the 115 side. I get to see all the plays as they develop but have difficulty determining offside calls which usually leaves me looking at the linesmen when one of the players sends a through ball in. :)

The people there are great. A good contingent of the K-W Crew, who are class. I won't give these up for anything...well a shortage of loot might do the trick.

Suds
10-20-2009, 08:22 AM
There is a set of seats behind me in row 25, about 8 of them, that are always empty. It is a shame but I always have somewhere to move up to if the people right behind don't want to stand (happens often). By about row 28 or so everyone is standing on the 110 side of the section - aim for there or just in front of there. Right behind me would be good - then I can stand all game without hassle too!

Sec 109 Row30 on the aisle right beside Sec 108. Everyone stands in the last 4 or so rows. Not much chanting but that is due to distance from the supporters sections. By the time they are heard they start to die down before people get a chance to join in. If chants spread across quickly people join in. But people are up cheering the team and really into the game.

The few times I've actually sat in my seats it has mostly been the same people. Seems like a good group there. View is about as good as it gets.

phonzo
10-20-2009, 08:22 AM
127 was good especially lower down. but had my RPB scarf on and got a couple of funny looks.

that's surprising the NEE guys are usually pretty welcoming long as you go all out - I've sat down there a few times and never had any problems or funny looks. Great guys

104 I gave up on after game two :p

Jay P
10-20-2009, 08:24 AM
113 row 9, made a lot of friends in and aroudn that row, everyone always sings/chants.

ManUtd4ever
10-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Section 119, row 12, behind the corner kick marker...I love my seats. The first 15 rows or so are loud and rowdy every match...we're the section that always serenades the referee after a bad call, lol...

billyfly
10-20-2009, 08:32 AM
112 aisle 15. I've been in other sections over the 3 years for different reasons and its not the same experience unless I'm in 112.

Having said that, having to fight for my space from all the "visitors" in 112 is sometimes annoying.

Belfast_Boy
10-20-2009, 08:35 AM
that's surprising the NEE guys are usually pretty welcoming long as you go all out - I've sat down there a few times and never had any problems or funny looks. Great guys

104 I gave up on after game two :p

it was really just two guys that seemed to be taking themselves too seriously, the rest were fine.

TFC Cityboy
10-20-2009, 08:37 AM
I love my seats and would not trade for anything. Great people at the back of 115 and at the edge of 114. Very few scalper seats- same core group of diehards who love to sing every match, which makes for a consistently great matchday experience. Am now friends with a dozen or so great people who were strangers to me before 2007.

I just wish more people in 115 would join in the chants coming from 112/113.

Joe Kool
10-20-2009, 08:42 AM
ok, so I have a question since I am first time season ticket holder this year...is there actually a decent selection of seats to pick from in the relocation event or not really? I am trying not to expect much so I will not be disappointed but I want out of 108 for next year if possible.

Parkdale
10-20-2009, 08:42 AM
The seat relocation process at BMO is severely flawed and pretty much guarantees you will not get a fair shot at seats which may become vacated. Seniority means nothing; even if you were on the first day of relocation, you still don't have access to all the seats that will open up in ....

in a way, you're right, but not entirely.

seats do open up throughout the renewal sessions, but it's not like there are only 40 seats (the amount of people in each renewal window) open at once. All the people who didn't renew their seats (or didn't renew all of their seats) become available to the relocation groups.

last year there were hundreds of seats open for relocation. I was in the first group, and got some killer seats (hi bluenose). I was also the 'proxy' guy for a friend on the last day, and there were decent seats open then.

yes the system is flawed, but in a way it's 'more fair' for everyone. Just because you're on the last day doesn't mean you get the seats that all the other days picked over and denied.

Parkdale
10-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I am trying not to expect much so I will not be disappointed but I want out of 108 for next year if possible.

There will definitely be something cheaper than 108, but maybe not as good a view. That's the trade.

Joe Kool
10-20-2009, 08:44 AM
in a way, you're right, but not entirely.

seats do open up throughout the renewal sessions, but it's not like there are only 40 seats (the amount of people in each renewal window) open at once. All the people who didn't renew their seats (or didn't renew all of their seats) become available to the relocation groups.

last year there were hundreds of seats open for relocation. I was in the first group, and got some killer seats (hi bluenose). I was also the 'proxy' guy for a friend on the last day, and there were decent seats open then.

yes the system is flawed, but in a way it's 'more fair' for everyone. Just because you're on the last day doesn't mean you get the seats that all the other days picked over and denied.

Looks like my question was answered. Thanks Parkdale.

brad
10-20-2009, 08:51 AM

Be careful what you wish for. This is effectively what killed the atmosphere at the top of my section (105). Passionate fans at the front annoying the folks in the middle who complained. They clamped down on the entire section due to this.

Toronto Gunner
10-20-2009, 08:51 AM
If you want to jump, sing, shout, and all that jazz, venture south. If you like to sit through 90% of the game, sing about half of the songs going on, and chat about the game with your mates, I would recommend sections 221-222. I'm in 222 now, way up top, and it's going to be hard to move this year. We're covered by the roof when it rains (rows 19+), we're out of the sun when it's 30+ degrees, and the view is hard to beat. We're going to move to 221 next year because it's $300 cheaper per seat, and for that much money we can put on some sunscreen and bring a rain coat.

Great sections for those fans that want to enjoy the game and still sing, but not necessarily stand and scream the whole game. If it were up to me though, I'd be in the South, but the wife holds 51% of the votes in these matters and I'm just glad she loves TFC and loves going to the games at all.

Parkdale
10-20-2009, 08:59 AM
If it were up to me though, I'd be in the South, but the wife holds 51% of the votes in these matters and I'm just glad she loves TFC and loves going to the games at all.

^ you are a wise man.

happy wife = happy life

C.Ronaldo
10-20-2009, 09:03 AM
120 sucks

and no more supporters sections have been opened up this year.

1 full year of protesting concessions and counting............

Gixmo
10-20-2009, 09:12 AM
I think it's fair to say that everyone up top in 111 loves our (*#&$(*#$ section :)

I would love to keep my seats on a full time basis holding the railing up. We had a good group even though some didn't like us, or found us to over the top.. but generally a good, loud & proud bunch of supporters up there. Having the back row open too and the railing to lean on was great as well!

It'll only get better, cross your fingers

flatpicker
10-20-2009, 09:19 AM
^ you know how I feel about you guys! ;)

canadian_bhoy
10-20-2009, 09:20 AM
112 aisle 15. I've been in other sections over the 3 years for different reasons and its not the same experience unless I'm in 112.

Having said that, having to fight for my space from all the "visitors" in 112 is sometimes annoying.

Yeah, that's the only thing that sucks about 112. If you aren't in your seat 15 mins before the game starts, there is a good chance that someone will be in your spot by the time you show up. My row has 6 seats and there are generally about 10 people in the row. As long as people respect that people who actually hold ticket for those seats, it's all good.

Whoop
10-20-2009, 09:31 AM
My seasons are in 222, usually used by the gf and her mom, but I'll be looking to "downgrade" this year.

If I'm lucky to score something in the south end, great, but if not, no big deal. Just looking to go cheaper.

TFCtoMUFC
10-20-2009, 09:38 AM
I was able to acquire some tickets in 112 for next year. I also have a friend in need of getting rid of his tickets so I dont know where to go. I want to be in 112 (although some people dont like me and said I wasnt wanted) but I do want to help my friend out. This is a 180 from last year when I couldnt get seasons off anyone.

smeghead
10-20-2009, 09:40 AM
in 127 near the top this year. Would kill to get to 112 still.

Pyeddo
10-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Be careful what you wish for. This is effectively what killed the atmosphere at the top of my section (105). Passionate fans at the front annoying the folks in the middle who complained. They clamped down on the entire section due to this.

QFT... I'm in 105 and the fun police are in full force every game now. Hell even the cops took up positions at the top of 105 this past weekend @ the beginning of the 2nd half.

MartinUtd
10-20-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm in 111 row 26.

The view is great but there's a crew of narcissistic dicks 8 rows back that "chant" when the reds go marching in and something about suzy and a grizzly bear ALL GAME LONG. I'm going to make every effort to move in the off season. If you think you can put up with it I'd consider a trade (depending on how much more 109's cost).

Parkdale
10-20-2009, 09:46 AM
the biggest gamble...

you never know if you're moving next to a drunk douchebag or an uptight prude until you get there.

Boschmeister
10-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I love my seats and would not trade for anything. Great people at the back of 115 and at the edge of 114. Very few scalper seats- same core group of diehards who love to sing every match, which makes for a consistently great matchday experience. Am now friends with a dozen or so great people who were strangers to me before 2007.

Agreed, The first few rows of 115 are pretty weak and the area of 114 that borders 115 is full of strangers so that's where the chants get lost. Safe for 2 or 3 yahoos at the back of 115 who get completely hammered and out of control its a good section. Great view of the field and within close heckling range.

Ultra & Proud
10-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm in the last row of 107 and only picked there because it was all I could get last year for Season's Tix. I got the last row so I could stand but still, that section sucks and it's too expensive. It's true that the view is amazing but I will gladly sacrifice that for anything even remotely closer to the south end. Plus I would love a seat that's cheaper than the near grand that those 107's are going for .

akoto
10-20-2009, 09:58 AM
I just got a reply from my ticket rep about relocation appointments. Apparently it's been moved back to the first week of november due to the play offs.

Parkdale
10-20-2009, 10:03 AM
^ hmmmm..... interesting

Darlofletch
10-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I was in 224 this year, row 19 so under the roof, with a great view of the pitch and the city in the background, so I was really quite happy, bit too expensive but that's what i get for taking a couple of years to get fully into it all. It's fairly quiet and almost all the seats around me were a revolving cast of people who didn't seem to really care, but no-one ever complained about me and the wife's swearing and occasional standing so i have no complaints.

problem is, they were in someone else's name (cheers hitcho) so I'm giving them up and seeing what i get when my name comes on the gold list. So who knows where I'll end up next year.

I'd love to get the same seats again so everyone should know that under the roof sucks and whatever you do for the love of god, don't get seats in the back of 221-224.

Parkdale
10-20-2009, 10:07 AM
I'd love to get the same seats again so everyone should know that under the roof sucks and whatever you do for the love of god, don't get seats in the back of 221-224.

funny that we've had two opposing views of the same area.

I guess most seats are like that -- one mans junk is another mans treasure.

Ageroo
10-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah, that's the only thing that sucks about 112. If you aren't in your seat 15 mins before the game starts, there is a good chance that someone will be in your spot by the time you show up. My row has 6 seats and there are generally about 10 people in the row. As long as people respect that people who actually hold ticket for those seats, it's all good.

I made my visit to 112 for the Colorado match and purchased an actual ticket for the section.....although I had an actual seat...I was very mindful of all the regulars and tried to not step on anyone's toes. Most know me anyway, but made sure to ask where I should or should not be....:)

Ageroo
10-20-2009, 10:09 AM
I just got a reply from my ticket rep about relocation appointments. Apparently it's been moved back to the first week of november due to the play offs.

hmmmm...Maybe New York has decided to field an Impact style lineup for the match on Saturday? :D

Darlofletch
10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
funny that we've had two opposing views of the same area.

I guess most seats are like that -- one mans junk is another mans treasure.

It's definitely my treasure, just don't want other people to get it before me.

DOMIN8R
10-20-2009, 10:36 AM
the biggest gamble...

you never know if you're moving next to a drunk douchebag or an uptight prude until you get there.

Like living in or moving into in any neighbourhood - who your neighbours are counts. I have enjoyed some and not so much others. If you have the misfortune to have seats adjoining an imbecile, an obnoxious drunk or worse - someone who complains about our team for 90 then anywhere other than where you are seating, at that moment, is a better seat.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-20-2009, 10:37 AM
I started off in 116 for the first 2 season's....only sat in my section about 5 times in that 2 year span...Don't know how 116 is these days..but was able to re- located to the aisle that separates 112-113....I was lucky to get in there..but for someone who is looking to re-locate and cant get into the bunker.....111 would be my next choice

rocker
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
one piece of advice if you are located in the west stand and not in the middle section (123)... seats just off the aisle suck depending on your angle. For example, I'm in seats 3-4 just left (north) of the aisle between 125 and 124. While very good for my view of the north goal (just off the 18 yard box), the majority of the field is to my right. But with the aisle there, you get a constant fucking parade of latecomers and beer vendors blocking your view time and time again. The worst is start of game and after the half. There have been times where the play is mostly in the south end, and I'm craning my neck around beer vendors standing there serving customers. I've missed south end goals because some asshole just walked in front of me when it happened.

Also, you get those assholes who are leaving to take a piss or get beer, but then something happens on the field, and they STOP TO WATCH THE ACTION while standing in the aisle, blocking my view. Once you enter the aisle, MOVE!

I think it would be better to be smack dab in the middle of a row, so at least you don't have the aisle right in front of you. OR, if you're in one of the northern sections, get seats on the south side of an aisle (north side of an aisle if you're in one of the southern sections) so that most of the time, you have the majority of the field not blocked by the aisle.

billyfly
10-20-2009, 10:47 AM

Yeah. No real big problems in 3 years. Guys usually give a nod and leave or move over.

Parkdale
10-20-2009, 10:50 AM
If you have the misfortune to have seats adjoining an imbecile, an obnoxious drunk or worse - someone who complains about our team for 90 then anywhere other than where you are seating, at that moment, is a better seat.

like this one guy who sits like 5 rows behind me. he keeps cracking wise all the time. damnit kevvv... people are trying to watch the game here!

TorCanSoc
10-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I've said it a zillion posts. Section 108 rows 26-28 are all scalpers except for my three. I'm a sitter (read ...weak knees, large gut, and no muscle mass) so no risk of this happening in 108. I'd like to make stadium friends with the people around me, but no chance in 108.

Once a game, some poor douche gets into it the "you're sitting in my seat" with someone else. Inevitably one of them have the right seat, but wrong section.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
like this one guy who sits like 5 rows behind me. he keeps cracking wise all the time. damnit kevvv... people are trying to watch the game here!

I was up in your country (second deck lower rows) on Saturday Parky..I must say...it has the best view in the entire Stadium...and you really notice the atmosphere coming out of the south end..

GBV
10-20-2009, 11:01 AM
back row of 114.
i like being in the back row, but on the flip side, it makes the stadium seem way quieter than it really is. walking down to the front ... it's night and day volume-wise versus the back.

and despite my 20/20 vision, the advertisements on the far end make it really hard to figure out what's happening when the ball is near the net.

Joe Kool
10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
I've said it a zillion posts. Section 108 rows 26-28 are all scalpers except for my three. I'm a sitter (read ...weak knees, large gut, and no muscle mass) so no risk of this happening in 108. I'd like to make stadium friends with the people around me, but no chance in 108.

Once a game, some poor douche gets into it the "you're sitting in my seat" with someone else. Inevitably one of them have the right seat, but wrong section.

I have seats in 108 row 31 and almost everyone in my row plus the row in front and row behind are the STH's most times and I usually see the same faces at almost every game so everyone pretty much knows each other. I guess not all of 108 is the same. I just want out mostly because of the price and trying to carry it on my own so that I can see all the games. Otherwise it is a good group I am with.

rocker
10-20-2009, 11:06 AM

part of the prob with that is BMO has some of the shittiest signage for sections of any stadium. They need someone with design experience to redo the whole signage system. I get people coming into my row all the time, then they realize they are in the section on the opposite side of the aisle.
The first time I came to BMO, I was confused too at the signage.

905shmick
10-20-2009, 11:33 AM
in 127 near the top this year. Would kill to get to 112 still.

Let me know if you want to unload your 127 tix for next year.

Hustle
10-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm in 111 row 26.

The view is great but there's a crew of narcissistic dicks 8 rows back that "chant" when the reds go marching in and something about suzy and a grizzly bear ALL GAME LONG. I'm going to make every effort to move in the off season. If you think you can put up with it I'd consider a trade (depending on how much more 109's cost).

If front office distribute the seats in the same manner this year as they did last year, I don't think you'll have to worry about the top rows.. I know from asking around that alot of those seats at the top of the section are gold list partial packs so I don't think they can choose those seats again and will be relocated.

111 has great potential because of its location, but its such a huge section! We need ALOT MORE vocal supporters to come into it to get it in sync with 112. I will be buying seasons this year and if I am lucky, I hope to be in the lower to middle of 111 to help the cause. I like to give it all for the full 90 and I want to see 111 rock.

Rochdale
10-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Section 119, row 12, behind the corner kick marker...I love my seats. The first 15 rows or so are loud and rowdy every match...we're the section that always serenades the referee after a bad call, lol...

is it your area that starts that stupid tune "Stand up West Side"

Hitcho
10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
^sadly i think that's 118 (my section, but not me) and 117. Or at least it spreads there if it starts in 119. Every once in a while and I don't mind it. But when it gets done multiple times a game, give me a break. It's so fucking pointless and lame. Although the funny thing is, the west side always stands up. God only knows why, but the very fact that they do is quite funny I suppose.

Toronto Gunner
10-20-2009, 12:25 PM
^ I do my best not to stand up, but once the person in front of you is up, you start missing things on the field. Don't get this chant at all, it doesn't support the team and is a complete waste of time and air.

morgank1986
10-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I love 115. Though the front few rows can be quiet some times, from row 10 to 20 there are tons of regulars who are always willing to sing. I recall earlier this year when we held the `O Toronto`chant for about 10 minutes.

Heathen
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I love 115. Though the front few rows can be quiet some times, from row 10 to 20 there are tons of regulars who are always willing to sing. I recall earlier this year when we held the `O Toronto`chant for about 10 minutes.

I'm row 14 at the west end of 115, I love the view and the section above me but its pretty much different people around my seats every game.

Hitcho
10-20-2009, 12:59 PM
^ I do my best not to stand up, but once the person in front of you is up, you start missing things on the field. Don't get this chant at all, it doesn't support the team and is a complete waste of time and air.

Yeah, it's the reverse domino effect - one up all up.

It's only of any value when the game is in a serious lull and the crowd are quiet. Get people on their feet, get a chunk of the south end chanting something, anything. At all other times, it's garbage and annoying.

TFC Cityboy
10-20-2009, 01:00 PM

Yup- when your crew and our crew at the back are in sync it's great and the section rocks. I've even seen 112/113 carry it on from our start a few times.

Haven't heard the "10 men went to mow" song for a while- that was you guys yes? If so, send me (PM) your words and we'll help out with it next season

Some of our bunch went in among the quiet section (near Rooney RPB and co - sorry, Phil)to try and get the quiet ones to sing on Saturday...what a waste of time- it's a dead zone in there.

AL-MO
10-20-2009, 01:01 PM
What if I haven't actually been in the ones I own all season? :D

Nomad
10-20-2009, 01:15 PM
What if I haven't actually been in the ones I own all season? :D

Where's "The Thread" when you need it?

Parkdale
10-20-2009, 01:28 PM
I have two seats in 127 I think I'll sell to the scalpers......

(hahaha... just messing with you nomad).

actually I do have two seats in 127 going back into the ticket pool after my relocation.

flatpicker
10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
In my original post I didn't mention my opinion of my section.

Sec 111 row 25

I rate it at about 7/10

The view is great from higher up in that south-east corner.
And being right beside the 112 Bunker is always good.
My issue is that folks around me aren't interested in singing.
The only exception being The Massive and TFC-clap*clap*clap*
The folks standing higher up behind me are certainly vocal.
But they have no desire in joining 112 with chants and songs (most of the time).
They annoy me with a dozen renditions of Oh When The Reds, and that stupid song about having sex with a koala bear.
They would be great if they just participated with the Bunker more often.
But even when they do, they are always out of sync... and I blame that on either drunkenness, laziness, or both.
It's not that hard to pay attention to what is happening in the next section over (also by watching the gestures from the capo).

So, basically 111 is almost a really good section... but I'm not sure it will ever be great.

Bring on the North Bunker!

iansmcl
10-20-2009, 01:34 PM

That was great...

I'm at the outside aisle of 114 and it could really use an injection of atmosphere... aside from 115 there aren't too many people in 114 that sing. Plus, I swear 95% of the constantly-leaving-for-drinks/late-comers/early leavers/late-coming-from-the-second-halfers of the stadium are.

Don't think I could leave the seat though, I'd miss the beans!

Derko
10-20-2009, 01:44 PM
110 row 24 is an outstanding location, I want 2 more seats in our section!!!

Hitcho
10-20-2009, 02:39 PM
They annoy me with a dozen renditions of Oh When The Reds, and that stupid song about having sex with a koala bear.

:yikes:

cmonureds
10-20-2009, 03:00 PM

must agree, 119 is awesome, I love my seats. I don't think anyone sings "oh when the reds" or "who's your girlfriend?" with quite the same gusto anywhere else in the stadium :-D

Gixmo
10-20-2009, 03:01 PM
^ you know how I feel about you guys! ;)

Hey, There's 4 or 5 of us who give a damn, It's just really, really hard to get going when you are 'out voiced'

I'm in 111 row 26.

Once again, one guy who seems to be the life of the party and subsequently, a few others follow. When they want to be 'on q' they are great, but half the time it's off key, off base and off topic.. and yes, I could care less about Suzy bear and her various positions. Instead of whining about it, why not do something about it - The Section 111 thread was created for this reason and no way came up top to give us a hand, they'd rather just label us because it's a group.

If front office distribute the seats in the same manner this year as they did last year, I don't think you'll have to worry about the top rows.. I know from asking around that alot of those seats at the top of the section are gold list partial packs so I don't think they can choose those seats again and will be relocated.

111 has great potential because of its location, but its such a huge section! We need ALOT MORE vocal supporters to come into it to get it in sync with 112. I will be buying seasons this year and if I am lucky, I hope to be in the lower to middle of 111 to help the cause. I like to give it all for the full 90 and I want to see 111 rock.

Sucks, but true - I would love my 111's Full time but it won't happen

Side note : The guy responsible for the When the Reds, Suzy & the 'drunk' one, Won't be back next year so I'm told - I hear his 'seats' were actually his ex-girlfriends...

Just pisses me right off that everyone wants to write us off as a bunch of partial pack holligans when I reached out a pile of times for help and no one showed up. Hustle and Flatpicker aside, no one gave a damn about our plights up top. I would love to move down 10-15 rows since yes, it's really hard to get the top row rocking when the mind is elsewhere.. Then again, when they were on pace it was great - See Montreal

Anyways, hopefully next year we won't have to deal with that. I still enjoyed it - Was it 'First Class', not really but we did fine with what we were dealt

jcplante
10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm in 114 row 12, just off the aisle from 113. It's a mixed bag, cool people around, but not all the chants make it accross the u-sector to us.
I enjoy the great view and the crowd, but would jump to 112 given the chance.

Hustle
10-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Those were his "ex" girlfriends? She was hot from what I remember and she has TFC seasons....super catch!

Gixmo
10-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Those were his "ex" girlfriends? She was hot from what I remember and she has TFC seasons....super catch!

That's just word on the street that I heard later on... She was good on the eyes though yes, but I don't know entirely.

They are all good guys, really.. They just lack direction...

TFC Via Buffalo
10-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Top row 110, seats 8-9 and I LOVE our seats. Get along great with everyone. Got Sparta a few seats to my right and a row down. Just wish the seats to our right had some supporters instead of random idiots throughout the season.

Hustle
10-20-2009, 03:43 PM
They are all good guys, really.. They just lack direction...

Very True.

SamK
10-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I only have the 6 game package as of now, and those seats are in row 18 section 110. I love it. Great supporters, always standing and chanting. I hope i can get seasons there too.

flambe
10-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Front row, 111.
Love my seats.
Great atmosphere from the 112, not everyone sings though as previously mentioned.

Fishnicker
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
110 row 25 seat 18.

-High enough for a great view, can see the capos perfectly

-can hear 112/3 loud and clear and when 112 aren't singing I can hear 127 too. At the Cdn champ games I could hear a group across the field from me - I think it's 119 (they've got the union jack - who are they?).

-80% SSH, 100% standing 50% singing, 1% tallest man in the world who blocks my view of the NE corner flag.

-Long range chucking distance so no one throws shit

-nary a beer vendor or security guard in sight.

-can hear and feel Spartans bass drum

-shitty access, the 111/10 stairs suck

I'll be keeping these babies and I hope everyone around me will too.

TFC HSV
10-20-2009, 04:19 PM

so do i. My friend has seasons (top row) and I've gone from time to time. I find it can be hard to pick up sometimes and not many people do it. Sometimes I hear multiple chants. Unity in the south end would be great

spinx
10-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey, There's 4 or 5 of us who give a damn, It's just really, really hard to get going when you are 'out voiced'

Once again, one guy who seems to be the life of the party and subsequently, a few others follow. When they want to be 'on q' they are great, but half the time it's off key, off base and off topic.. and yes, I could care less about Suzy bear and her various positions. Instead of whining about it, why not do something about it - The Section 111 thread was created for this reason and no way came up top to give us a hand, they'd rather just label us because it's a group.

Sucks, but true - I would love my 111's Full time but it won't happen

Side note : The guy responsible for the When the Reds, Suzy & the 'drunk' one, Won't be back next year so I'm told - I hear his 'seats' were actually his ex-girlfriends...

Just pisses me right off that everyone wants to write us off as a bunch of partial pack holligans when I reached out a pile of times for help and no one showed up. Hustle and Flatpicker aside, no one gave a damn about our plights up top. I would love to move down 10-15 rows since yes, it's really hard to get the top row rocking when the mind is elsewhere.. Then again, when they were on pace it was great - See Montreal

Anyways, hopefully next year we won't have to deal with that. I still enjoyed it - Was it 'First Class', not really but we did fine with what we were dealt

Also being right beside Gixmo at the top of 111 I feel the need to put in my opinion.
I've sat in the south end, I've sat with NEE, and there are drunk people everywhere. YES, Suzy is annoying, and some label us all as dicks or whatever, but from where we are, it is sometimes difficult to hear the chant pace (nothing coming from mid 111) AND WE WANT TO SING. So you end up with off tempo chants, or them starting their own songs.

All of us up there are NOT THE SAME. Gixmo, specially, drives 3 hours just to see the game... and people want to say we're not there for TFC! come on'... As mentioned in his post, we have asked for the help of the board to get the middle of 111 on pace, creating a unison within the section, and it never happened. Since I have to buy random tickets for the games I didn't have this year as part of my pack, I was everywhere. One thing I can say for sure is I would rather be up top in 111 with the "idiots" than sitting in other sections we're people don't even know what a chant is...

Chapman... to answer your question... I LOVE MY SECTION

james
10-20-2009, 05:17 PM
im in 112 and i hate my seat

when ever we do the bounce or score a goal im falling over it or the back of the seat is cutting my shins up....screw seats i want a terrace!!!:D

Hitcho
10-20-2009, 05:18 PM
QUESTION FOR PEOPLE IN 119

TO what extent can you hear the TRN drums, and how much, if at all, does it interfere with your chanting?

Because I am in 118, row 14, and can't hear dick from other sections when they are banging on, which makes it really hard to link up since after about the first 5 to 10 rows of 118 it gets very touristy with plenty of empty seats.

Red CB Toronto
10-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Who the hell hell would not love the song about Suzy, I am at the top of 111 and thought it was the best, I tried to get others in the section to sing along but it did not catch on, It would be great if we could get the entire section to sing along.

Long Live Suzy

TFCtoMUFC
10-20-2009, 05:37 PM

TO what extent can you hear the TRN drums, and how much, if at all, does it interfere with your chanting?

Because I am in 118, row 14, and can't hear dick from other sections when they are banging on, which makes it really hard to link up since after about the first 5 to 10 rows of 118 it gets very touristy with plenty of empty seats.

In 116 at the top I could hear them last game.

james
10-20-2009, 05:52 PM

in 112 i herd them twice, but each time was only for like 5 seconds.

Nomad
10-20-2009, 05:56 PM
When you can hear TRN you know you need to step up your game. Anytime we hear them we're like "Oh Fuck! Let's get this shit going mental!!"

morgank1986
10-20-2009, 06:01 PM
To all those in 114,115 and 116.

It would be great if you guys could PM me and let me know where abouts you sit and how the surrounding area is. I figure it`d be good if we all got to know each other and and off the boards so we can get more cohesive chants and songs going.

Let me hear from you.

spinx
10-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Who the hell hell would not love the song about Suzy, I am at the top of 111 and thought it was the best, I tried to get others in the section to sing along but it did not catch on, It would be great if we could get the entire section to sing along.

Long Live Suzy

where at the top... were you part of the picture with Wayne at the end?

Pookie
10-20-2009, 06:26 PM
I think it's hard to base your selection on those around you because you can't control that. It can change game by game, let alone season by season.

We were in 110 this year but up top in 224 the year before that. We also bought a number of tickets through the exchange and "sat" in various sections (109, 110, 111, 114, 121, 225)

I think you have to pick it based on what brings you to the game in the first place. Then look at other factors.

My 110 regular seats (on a partial pack) were my favourite. Good sight lines, good price, and generally a very supportive section.

From a seasonal standpoint, 110 was great in the spring and fall when the weather was rainy and/or cold. The little sunshine we had was welcomed. I'd look over at the folks freezing on the west side and feel sorry for them.

In the summer, it was a bitch. There is no shelter at all from the heat. I'd look over at the folks basking in the shade on the west side and realize that they were feeling sorry for me.

From a tactical perspective, the seats in the 200 level were the best bang for the buck. You could really see the play develop and movement (or lack thereof) off the ball. As a coach, this was appealing. Atmosphere wasn't like the south end and you often were caught between what NEE was doing and what the majority in the south end were doing. Put in a bunch of people afraid to make a noise and you get what you get. From a "seeing the play" perspective, there is nothing better than being in the 200's.

Bobo
10-20-2009, 06:47 PM
113 - Row 20. I'm really in no place to complain but seeing all the casuals up there really bug me. I'm often chanting by myself and have people staring like I'm doing something out of the ordinary. Often I make my way to 127 and when I'm there i see most of 112 jumping, the first 10 rows of 113 jumping and the back 10 not, looks stupid.

I'm open to a pair swap in 127 if anyone is interested in seats in the south!

Nomad
10-20-2009, 07:03 PM
113 - Row 20. I'm really in no place to complain but seeing all the casuals up there really bug me. I'm often chanting by myself and have people staring like I'm doing something out of the ordinary. Often I make my way to 127 and when I'm there i see most of 112 jumping, the first 10 rows of 113 jumping and the back 10 not, looks stupid.

I'm open to a pair swap in 127 if anyone is interested in seats in the south!

actually I do have two seats in 127 going back into the ticket pool after my relocation.

See above quote Bobo.

robert32
10-20-2009, 07:31 PM
i saw someone steal a seat after the game saturday... they must really like their seat

celt-nick
10-20-2009, 10:26 PM

I remember that and it was great! 115 is alot of fun and I am proud to call it home. If more of the people in the first 10 or so rows were to sing more, our section would simply be awesome. Its also the only place to getthe beans ;) !!

McHaggis
10-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm in Section 110 Row 4. I like my seat...I don't love it. Changed locations last year. The relocation process is a bit of a joke and a crapshoot, IMO.

TFC115
10-20-2009, 11:20 PM

Agreed...the section around us sings but rows 1-12 are all scalper tickets...Very lond thou when we all get into it...

p.s i sit 2 rows down from you and to you left.....im there with my buddy all the time.

morgank1986
10-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Agreed...the section around us sings but rows 1-12 are all scalper tickets...Very lond thou when we all get into it...

p.s i sit 2 rows down from you and to you left.....im there with my buddy all the time.

I'm in row 11 on the left side. We're not all scalper seats. the row in front of me, my own and behind me are all regulars. Only half are up for singing though. None the less it's a good bunch. We could really get something going if we get 115 on the same page.

kodiakTFC
10-21-2009, 03:10 AM
I've sat in 115 twice and both times it was higher up; both great times too!

Bobo
10-21-2009, 07:58 AM
See above quote Bobo.

Thanks man. :D

Klinsmann
10-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the relocation event yet? The TFC website says it is starting on Monday. I haven't receive an email with my appointment time yet.

// SEAT RELOCATION

We will be hosting our Seat Relocation Event October 26-28. This event takes place annually, and it's an opportunity for Season Seat Holders to come down to BMO Field to check out available locations to which they might want to relocate. We want to look after those supporters who have been with us the longest, so we'll coordinate appointment times to check out the available seats based on Season Seat Holder's inception date.

Look for an e-mail from us after the renewal deadline has passed. It will include your relocation time slot. If you plan to attend, please note that these time slots will last approximately 30 minutes, and will be scheduled between 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Unfortunately, if you already have a particular location in mind, we can't guarantee that it will be available, as we won't know what seat locations are open until the passing of the renewal deadline. Once the Seat Relocation Event is over, we'll open up the door to our waiting list to purchase any remaining seats.

We understand that conflicts arise and some clients are not able to attend during their designated time slot. If this is the case, we suggest sending someone on your behalf to act as your representative - which you can do by filling out this proxy form (http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/pdf/2009/relocation_proxy_form2.pdf). Please complete the form and fax it back to us at 416-815-5452 or scan a copy of the filled out form to renewals@torontofc.ca (renewals@torontofc.ca) by Wednesday, October 21st by 5pm.

Parkdale
10-21-2009, 09:45 AM
^ I heard it was moved back.

Parkdale
10-21-2009, 09:50 AM
just emailed my rep for an official update.

will repost when I know.

Bloor West FC
10-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Section 111 row 1. I love it and will never give them up!! Right in the action.

Parkdale
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM
just emailed my rep for an official update.

will repost when I know.

100% will be moved back.

emails to come out tomorrow

MUFC_Niagara
10-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Section 110, row 5, 2 seats right on the aisle. Love my seats.

rviewmirror
10-21-2009, 10:09 AM

I can hear them every game. I sit in row 12. Its designated a supporter section and there is a core there, but there are a lot of scalper seats there. Almost the entire row to my right is new faces every game.

I would love it if more die hards moved there.

gunnerken
10-21-2009, 11:27 AM
where at the top... were you part of the picture with Wayne at the end?

Hey, that was really cool that those guys (I know one of them, Justin, well as he is my buddy's son) got Wayne up there at the end of the game for a photo and a good, rockin' chant as well. Section 111 does have its foibles, but there are a lot of positives and the guys (and gals) in my area all get along pretty good...it's a nice group and we are lucky. It's a bonus being on the rail as well (for a good high seat if needed and my flag stays out of people's faces for the most part). Wayne is a great fixture and we hope to see him there again next year !
(Section 111 Seats 12 & 13)

Hitcho
10-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I can hear them every game. I sit in row 12. Its designated a supporter section and there is a core there, but there are a lot of scalper seats there. Almost the entire row to my right is new faces every game.

I would love it if more die hards moved there.

I'm serisouly thinking about trying to get into 119 from 118 in the relocation procees just to escape the fuckwit drumming.

Tourist issue aside, do the drums impede the chanting from the people that try in 119? i find in 118 that they overpower anything we start and they also stop us from picking up on chants that start east or west of us. it really is an isolating factor and that pisses me off no end, especially since they never take a fucking break. :facepalm:

Commie Red
10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm serisouly thinking about trying to get into 119 from 118 in the relocation procees just to escape the fuckwit drumming.

Tourist issue aside, do the drums impede the chanting from the people that try in 119? i find in 118 that they overpower anything we start and they also stop us from picking up on chants that start east or west of us. it really is an isolating factor and that pisses me off no end, especially since they never take a fucking break. :facepalm:

My sympathies Hitcho. The incessant drumming from TRN is annoying as all hell and totally ruins any chance of the south-end ever uniting. I don't know if moving to 119 will help. I was sitting in the top row of 224 last Saturday and people up there were complaining about them. With a few exceptions they drown out, or at least muddle-up, the chants from 112 right across the South-West side. I really wish FO would ask them to stop or at least move them to the top of 104 where they could annoy the hell out of visiting fans.

Gixmo
10-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Hey, that was really cool that those guys (I know one of them, Justin, well as he is my buddy's son) got Wayne up there at the end of the game for a photo and a good, rockin' chant as well. Section 111 does have its foibles, but there are a lot of positives and the guys (and gals) in my area all get along pretty good...it's a nice group and we are lucky. It's a bonus being on the rail as well (for a good high seat if needed and my flag stays out of people's faces for the most part). Wayne is a great fixture and we hope to see him there again next year !
(Section 111 Seats 12 & 13)

I have the one picture with Wayne and us all, but I am looking for more too - Several people had cameras at the end taking pictures. If you know of anyone who has some, please contact me. I want one for my bar to frame!

We all made Wayne cry, posed for pictures so he could prove it to his wife, and sang him a song. He was a good guy, swell (As was Atiba!)

We were seats 4&5 on the rail, Too bad we didn't meet earlier.

Hitcho
10-21-2009, 12:50 PM
My sympathies Hitcho. The incessant drumming from TRN is annoying as all hell and totally ruins any chance of the south-end ever uniting. I don't know if moving to 119 will help. I was sitting in the top row of 224 last Saturday and people up there were complaining about them. With a few exceptions they drown out, or at least muddle-up, the chants from 112 right across the South-West side. I really wish FO would ask them to stop or at least move them to the top of 104 where they could annoy the hell out of visiting fans.

I'm going to call my ticket rep about this. I tried to get something done about them in season 1 but the club were havign noen of it. Since then, though, the SG's have grown in stature and I think if enough people get onto the FO about TRN, in a united manner, they might reconsider their position. I don't want to kick them out fo the stadium because I know they are just trying to whip up an atmosphere in their own way. but my issue that they are too overpowering and too constant.

shaggingscot
10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm going to call my ticket rep about this. I tried to get something done about them in season 1 but the club were havign noen of it. Since then, though, the SG's have grown in stature and I think if enough people get onto the FO about TRN, in a united manner, they might reconsider their position. I don't want to kick them out fo the stadium because I know they are just trying to whip up an atmosphere in their own way. but my issue that they are too overpowering and too constant.

The FO won't do a fucking thing about them....I'm in 116 and they annoy the fuck out of me too. Their drums and the wind are two of the biggest reasons we rarely hear the chants from 112!

Hitcho
10-21-2009, 02:14 PM
The FO won't do a fucking thing about them....I'm in 116 and they annoy the fuck out of me too. Their drums and the wind are two of the biggest reasons we rarely hear the chants from 112!

They won't if one person calls up individually. Or even if ten people do in the space of a couple of weeks. But give them a list of 100 names and they might.

What level of support do you guys (Shaggingscot and CommieRed) think there is for gettign TRN toned down? I don't want to get into an SG scrap, because TRN are an SG in their own right, so this wouldn;t be RPB or any toher SG by name, just disaffected supporters who are annoyed as individuals.

My view is, it's not like they're brining a couple of maracas to their seats and chanting like everyone else, they've got a six piece band in the disabled seating area. That's way beyond anyting else other SGs have been allowed to get away with. What if I want to bring in six trombone players to blast out section 115 all game? Can I do it? Where do we draw the line? If they can't get the drums to their seats, then they shouldn't be allowed to brign them in. Problem solved.

mastermixer
10-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Aren't drums like this a common thing in soccer stadiums, especially in the latin areas?
Hey at least its better than those stupid horns I heard during the confederations cup, those things were the most annoying things ever!

morgank1986
10-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Why don't you go talk to them, prior to the game or at half time? 118-119 would be amazing if you can get TRN providing a back beat for your chants!

I hope I'm the only one who doesn't the the great potential of a partnership there.

Hustle
10-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah, sounds like TRN need to get on point and help get the chants going across the south end instead of doing there own thing....hopefully they would be open to that.

If they won't help the cause then move them in between 103 and 104.

spinx
10-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Totally agree with Hustle, and let's get some drums in 111 next year to keep pace with everyone!

shaggingscot
10-21-2009, 03:06 PM
They won't if one person calls up individually. Or even if ten people do in the space of a couple of weeks. But give them a list of 100 names and they might.

What level of support do you guys (Shaggingscot and CommieRed) think there is for gettign TRN toned down? I don't want to get into an SG scrap, because TRN are an SG in their own right, so this wouldn;t be RPB or any toher SG by name, just disaffected supporters who are annoyed as individuals.

My view is, it's not like they're brining a couple of maracas to their seats and chanting like everyone else, they've got a six piece band in the disabled seating area. That's way beyond anyting else other SGs have been allowed to get away with. What if I want to bring in six trombone players to blast out section 115 all game? Can I do it? Where do we draw the line? If they can't get the drums to their seats, then they shouldn't be allowed to brign them in. Problem solved.

There's long been rumours about them getting support from the FO in numerous ways(denied by both parties of course). Of course if it isn't true then to your point why are they allowed to do what they do??

They drive me and others around me nuts, but like I said I don't think anything could be done about it because I think the FO wants them there in the capacity they are and couldn't give a rat's arse about the rest of us.

shaggingscot
10-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Why don't you go talk to them, prior to the game or at half time? 118-119 would be amazing if you can get TRN providing a back beat for your chants!

I hope I'm the only one who doesn't the the great potential of a partnership there.

They seem intent on doing their own thing....I've never once heard them change their beat to try and go along with any prevailing chant or song.

Hitcho
10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
We've tried this. Jack and other RPB uber-beings have opened dialogue with TRN in the past and from what I understand they first ignored us and then said they were open to working together, but for the whole of this season nothing has changed.

In fairness, a few times they have stopped their drumming to hit the *clap clap clap* on a TFC chant when it gets going, but as soon as it dies out they just go back to the incessant and overpowering noise. What I don't think they realise is just how loud they are and how stifling it is in terms of any other chants getting a footing in the SW corner, or even being started when it comes to 118. Besides they can't really work WITH us in any meaningful sense because as soon as they tried to join in they'd kill everything off. The two just don;t go together.

Anyway, I just spent about a half hour on the phone with my ticket rep and she was really good in that she took everything down and will pass it onwards and upwards. We're not asking the club to kick these guys out or ban their drums, and I think everyone gets that it's a multi-cultural game day experience and everyoen has their own ideas of how to make a good atmosphere, but there's no reason why they can't be asked to be a bit more accommodating in terms of not drownign out everyone and everything around them for 90 mins, every game for three long years.

Put it this way - if TRN were relocated to right behind the NEE (for example) next season, all fucking hell would break loose becuase the NEE would instantly become impotent in terms of their own support. They'd simply be drowned out, and they'd be pissed as all hell about it. Well if that's how they feel about it, then that's also how the current batch of people suffering in 118 feel about it. If TRN were moved anywhere along the main south stand, the reaction would be the same - get those fuckers out of here.

shaggingscot
10-21-2009, 03:18 PM
We've tried this. Jack and other RPB uber-beings have opened dialogue with TRN in the past and from what I understand they first ignored us and then said they were open to working together, but for the whole of this season nothing has changed.

In fairness, a few times they have stopped their drumming to hit the *clap clap clap* on a TFC chant when it gets going, but as soon as it dies out they just go back to the incessant and overpowering noise. What I don't think they realise is just how loud they are and how stifling it is in terms of any other chants getting a footing in the SW corner, or even being started when it comes to 118. Besides they can't really work WITH us in any meaningful sense because as soon as they tried to join in they'd kill everything off. The two just don;t go together.

Anyway, I just spent about a half hour on the phone with my ticket rep and she was really good in that she took everything down and will pass it onwards and upwards. We're not asking the club to kick these guys out or ban their drums, and I think everyone gets that it's a multi-cultural game day experience and everyoen has their own ideas of how to make a good atmosphere, but there's no reason why they can't be asked to be a bit more accommodating in terms of not drownign out everyone and everything around them for 90 mins, every game for three long years.

Put it this way - if TRN were relocated to right behind the NEE (for example) next season, all fucking hell would break loose becuase the NEE would instantly become impotent in terms of their own support. They'd simply be drowned out, and they'd be pissed as all hell about it. Well if that's how they feel about it, then that's also how the current batch of people suffering in 118 feel about it. If TRN were moved anywhere along the main south stand, the reaction would be the same - get those fuckers out of here.

The problem is though that from say 115 along to 118 there are far too many scalper seats and thus the chance to band together as one like NEE or 112 can is very hard. Christ I'll bet there are probably 30 or 40 people from those 4 sections that sneak into 112 every week so it's hardly surprising TRN can drowned the remainder out!

I'm sure your rep was very nice, but fuck all will get done. There's something fishy with that group, from the first class treatment they get entering the gate to the fact that they can put nothing short of a fucking orchestra up there.

I'm just happy we're getting grass, maybe we'll also get a real back four to play on it for once?

Hitcho
10-21-2009, 03:18 PM
There's long been rumours about them getting support from the FO in numerous ways(denied by both parties of course). Of course if it isn't true then to your point why are they allowed to do what they do??

They drive me and others around me nuts, but like I said I don't think anything could be done about it because I think the FO wants them there in the capacity they are and couldn't give a rat's arse about the rest of us.

I've not heard those rumours but that's kind of worrying. I'm not sure what benefit the FO thinks they get from TRN being there with their drum kit. It's not like people would stop coming to the games if TRN left, and if a few people did then hey, there's supposed to be 17,000 people on the waiting list, so nothing lost.

Shagging - if it comes to it I would be prepared to go up against the FO and see what they value more: TRN's drumming or everyone we could get together from the south end that is annoyed by the drumming. I don't really want to put the club in a pinch like that, because I think if we looked hard enough we'd get a lot of names on that list, but if their response is going to be "we're not even going to talk about this" then it might just come to that.

That said, I would suggest the ebst approach is just for everyone to try and be reasonable about this. The club asks TRN to limit the drumming to a few bursts per half of a few minutes each, ideally when the crowd has gone quiet, and everyone gets something out of it. If the club say "tough shit guys, live with it" then we'll have to give them something else to think about if we want anything changed, but I'd rather not go down that route, primarily because there's no need if everyone just takes their neighbours into account a bit.

TFC Cityboy
10-21-2009, 03:19 PM
would Bitchy mind if TRN were relocated to the roof of the West Stand?

Nomad
10-21-2009, 03:21 PM
My only advice is:

You are shit out of luck, they won't be moved and hope you get better seats at relocation.

Anything else and you're just getting set up for disappointment.

morgank1986
10-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I can sometimes hear them over in 115, so I can imagine how much of a pain it is in 118 and 119. It's a shame that previous attempts at cooperation between us and them haven't worked out. The only thing I can think of is if all of us, individually over the course of the season, make a effort to talk to TRN and ask them if they would use their drums to get board with some chants. Maybe over the course of a few weeks enough people would have spoken to them that they would get the message.

shaggingscot
10-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Now I'd sign that petition!

Hitcho
10-21-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm sure your rep was very nice, but fuck all will get done. There's something fishy with that group, from the first class treatment they get entering the gate to the fact that they can put nothing short of a fucking orchestra up there.

I think the problem is that technically they are not breaking the club's rules or any health and safety laws. So, they can continue unabated in that sense. But what the club has to realise is that by allowing these guys to carry on they are keeping the minority happy and pissing off a bigger group of people.

Technically, they don;t actually pay for the seating area they have the drums in either. They release the accessible seating tickets shortly before each game for general sale, so one week we could chip in and buy up the accessible seats behind 118 and 117 and tell them they can't have their drums there. Then they'd be forced to abandon ship for a game or move to another section. Wherever they move to, people will complain like all hell to the FO after the game. Maybe that would get the message across.

shaggingscot
10-21-2009, 03:32 PM
I think the problem is that technically they are not breaking the club's rules or any health and safety laws. So, they can continue unabated in that sense. But what the club has to realise is that by allowing these guys to carry on they are keeping the minority happy and pissing off a bigger group of people.

Technically, they don;t actually pay for the seating area they have the drums in either. They release the accessible seating tickets shortly before each game for general sale, so one week we could chip in and buy up the accessible seats behind 118 and 117 and tell them they can't have their drums there. Then they'd be forced to abandon ship for a game or move to another section. Wherever they move to, people will complain like all hell to the FO after the game. Maybe that would get the message across.

lol...come on now you really think those "seats" would be available for sale? I'm telling you the FO is in bed with these guys. The FO doesn't give a shit about us, I know for a fact that they released tickets that didn't get renewed to Ticketmaster and not to anyone on the waiting list.

This is MLSE, they pay lip service to the leaders of the various groups but in the end they don't give a fuck what we think and never will.

I'd love to see a united south end like The Kop but as long as MLSE is in charge we never will...$$$$$ Scalpers are paying customers too!

Hitcho
10-21-2009, 03:33 PM
My only advice is:

You are shit out of luck, they won't be moved and hope you get better seats at relocation.

Anything else and you're just getting set up for disappointment.

I don't see why I should have to move just to get their incessant drumming more than ten feet away from the abck of my head.

And we're not asking for them to be moved, my point was that IF they were mvoed to another section that section would be pissed off about it and would likely all complain. So bearing that in mind, and the fact these guys arbitrarily picked 118 as "their" section, why should the rest of 118 have to put up with it? To me that's not an unreasonable argument.

Anyway rather than move/ban or whatever, if they just shut the fuck up for a decent part of the game the situation would be a lot better. There's no reason why they have to play the same tedious, crappy rhythm (I've heard my mate play better drum patterns on an upturned 5L water bottle, so TRN suck ass as well which makes it even worse) for 90 mins non stop.

Hitcho
10-21-2009, 03:38 PM
lol...come on now you really think those "seats" would be available for sale? I'm telling you the FO is in bed with these guys.

Well they are not sold off as season tickets, we know that, and I am pretty sure that TRN don't pay for them, they just take them because they are empty. From what I understand they bought a block of like 40 seats or so at the back of 118, but that doesn't include the accessible seating area. So yeah, I think they might be for sale on any given game day.

The FO doesn't give a shit about us, I know for a fact that they released tickets that didn't get renewed to Ticketmaster and not to anyone on the waiting list.

if true, that's pretty disturbing, but it's their prerogative I suppose. doesn't add up though, because the number of season tickets increased from year one to year two.

Parkdale
10-21-2009, 03:39 PM
please please PLEASE let bitchy off her tether for a game.

Marianne
10-21-2009, 03:43 PM
A friend of ours suggested that they should let Bitchy off her tether after each game so she can reward herself with a little "snack" for keeping all the gulls at bay.

--now that would be quite the post-game show.

shaggingscot
10-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Anyway things are going sideways...do I like my seats? Location..yes...people around me for the most part..great. Scalper numbers and TRN...not a lot.

Would I move? Only if I could guarantee being able to move with a number of folks around me as we've gotten to know each other over the last three years and it's in large part to some of them that there's any sort of noise made in our area at all.

Maybe if there is a new stand in the north end they'll actually surprise me and allow some sort of supporters group control, although I highly doubt it without them instituting a very pricey seat license!

Parkdale
10-21-2009, 03:45 PM
A friend of ours suggested that they should let Bitchy off her tether after each game so she can reward herself with a little "snack" for keeping all the gulls at bay.

please please please train her to attack these dirtbags (http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/MLS+Champion+Portraits+o31KB75kfRjl.jpg)

Whoop
10-21-2009, 03:47 PM

Something like this.

_FYHCySENrc&

rviewmirror
10-21-2009, 03:49 PM
They seem intent on doing their own thing....I've never once heard them change their beat to try and go along with any prevailing chant or song.

Haha, I don't think I've ever heard them change their beat, period!

As someone above said, if they played in bursts and occassionally helped out chants (and not straight through), I might actually enjoy it.

james
10-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Something like this.

_FYHCySENrc&

that bird looks alot bigger then bitchy!

james
10-21-2009, 05:47 PM
ya TRN need to either start drumming and chanting with other supporter groups or move out to 104 or somethin where no one really sings anyways besides away fans.

TRN hurts are atmosphere from getting much louder then it currently is at games. And we are sapose to be all together, TRN is the only supporter group that seems to not be together with everyone else.

NoNameboys
10-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Right in the heart of 112. It doesn't get better than that at BMO.

you lie. If i see you there next time, i'm calling security.

London
10-21-2009, 07:02 PM
section 112 row 6 seats 3 and 4, section 112 row 18 seat 7

i think i will keep my seats

brad
10-22-2009, 07:32 AM

Bitchy might not, but the people that pay a lot more money for their tickets than you do probably would...

brad
10-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Would I move? Only if I could guarantee being able to move with a number of folks around me as we've gotten to know each other over the last three years and it's in large part to some of them that there's any sort of noise made in our area at all.

This is how I feel about relocation - 100%. I have made some very good friends in my section that are a big part of my game day experience. Moving most likely means losing that.

brad
10-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Just realized I haven't answered the question.

I love my actual seats - top of 105. Great view of the field, can see the play unfolding (I hate watching football from behind the goal). They are some of the cheapest seats in the stadium. People around me are great - a large number are willing to support for the full 90.

What I hate is the security the way security have clamped down on things this year, and the the fact that there are large block scalper tickets for every game (always up on stubhub).

Blazer
10-22-2009, 07:55 AM
When I’m not being attacked in my own seat by fathers who are offended by my abrasive scorn of officials and opposing players, yeah I love my seat. (111)