PDA

View Full Version : Sitll wish we had an opportunity to say bye on the pitch.

trane
10-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Banner was great, but I was a bit sad to see Dichio run out there not in his Kit. I realy regret not having to see him one more time on the pitch.

mike_bouma
10-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Drunk at 1:00. Nice work.

trane
10-19-2009, 12:07 PM
^ I meant playing. Not running out as a non-player.

Parkdale
ahaha... in the end, I'd rather see Dichio go out on top, which is what he did.

there's going to be a lot of shuffling in the off-season, and I would have hated
to find out that Danny was silently shown the door when the news media didn't notice.

Dave67
+1 The supporters did Danny proud. I hope the club still pulls something together, so far the sendoff from the club was weak.

trane
10-19-2009, 12:08 PM
ahaha... in the end, I'd rather see Dichio go out on top, which is what he did.

there's going to be a lot of shuffling in the off-season, and I would have hated
to find out that Danny was silently shown the door when the news media didn't notice.

I agree with this. It is just too me he was TFC, for the first two years. I was hoping of one more legendary moment.

prizby
10-19-2009, 12:24 PM
i wanna see QPR, Sunderland, Preston, Millwall, or West Brom come and play a testimonial

Hitcho
10-19-2009, 12:27 PM
QPR would be great, and their owners can probably afford the trip now, especially if a fair deal is worked out (ie, this is done for Danny not for MLSE to turn a big profit and keep all the takings).

Whoop
10-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Supposedly there is supposed to be something next year.

IF there was ever a testimonial I figure QPR would be the best fit as that was the team he supported and the team where he got his start.

MG42
10-19-2009, 12:34 PM
The moment was awesome, but the only thing I would have liked to have seen is Danny do a run by the entire south end when he came out, and the team coming right into the corner at the end of the game with Danny.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
QPR would be great, and their owners can probably afford the trip now, especially if a fair deal is worked out (ie, this is done for Danny not for MLSE to turn a big profit and keep all the takings).

QPR for sure......

since thats where he began.....and TFC he finished!

WHY not invite them for the CARLSBERG CUP!!! Its added in the SSH package..its a win win!

DANNY COULD PLAY FOR QPR....1st HALF....and TFC 2nd HALF! :drinking:

Hitcho
10-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Ha ha - no way. No way do I ever want to see Danny playing at BMO Field for another side, even in his testimonial.

But QPR would be a magic, magic thing. If it was done for Danny, then I'd have no issue with MLSE throwing it on as an additional game, btu I'd also happily take it as the CC game included in the package, just to see him play for us again.

Another point worth thinking about - it would give MLSE the chance to throw a game and make some money, but the risk of injury would be far less than we usualyl bear in mid-season friendlies since it would be a light hearted kickabout for Danny. AFter the outporuing of wrath this year with Nana's injury (which I contributed to and still feel pissed about) if they're going to have a mid-season friendly then this would be a sensible way to do it, for at least two good reasons.

Parkdale
10-19-2009, 01:00 PM
you know what I'd rather see....

DeRo scoring 3 goals per game every time Houston plays in Toronto.

bringing QPR would be a nice thing for danny, but I'd rather see regular season wins.

Hitcho
10-19-2009, 01:05 PM
you know what I'd rather see....

DeRo scoring 3 goals per game every time Houston plays in Toronto.

bringing QPR would be a nice thing for danny, but I'd rather see regular season wins.

Haha, agreed. But in the context of "what do we do with the mid-season friendlies next season?", I think this is a good option (although not as good as scrapping them and using the time for resting the players, getting some quality training in on specific points that need work and allowing the squad to gel more).

but yeah, in a choice between picking your team for the friendlies and TFC winning all their home games next season and going undefeated on the road, no contest! :D