PDA

View Full Version : One More Thing About The Grass

James17930
10-17-2009, 10:44 PM
I copied this from another thread:

i know it's terrible. one looks 100x better.

http://www.premierfootballbooks.co.uk/images/googleearth/stoke_photo.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/East-stand-supporters-section-bmo-field.jpg

It's a comparison between what BMO looks like with the field being ringed in concrete and Stoke's stadium where the grass goes all the way to stands.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's 1,000,000 times more preferable -- for both aesthetic and safety reasons -- to have the grass go all the way to the stands.

If it is possible at BMO -- PLEASE DO THE GRASS IN THIS WAY.

Thanks. :)

TFC Cityboy
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
agree 100%, make sthe place look less like a meccano-built temporary stand in a parking lot, tho I do love the place!

sulfur
10-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Part of the reason for the concrete previously was (at a minimum) for the connections for the bubble, and for the table seating down the west side. Them tables won't vanish anytime soon.

TFC Cityboy
10-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Part of the reason for the concrete previously was (at a minimum) for the connections for the bubble, and for the table seating down the west side. Them tables won't vanish anytime soon.
valid point re the tables....maybe they can run the grass back behind the goals tho...

Either way, we're nit-picking at this point-good riddance to the plastic!

boban
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Table seating was an afterthought. Remember they weren't introduced till after the U20 was over and done with.
They stumbled upon that.

boban
10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Either way, we're nit-picking at this point-good riddance to the plastic!
I don't think it's nit picking. True football specific groundshave grass to the stands and lot sof warm up space. Makes the place look that much more warmer.

sulfur
10-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Table seating was an afterthought. Remember they weren't introduced till after the U20 was over and done with.
They stumbled upon that.
It was an afterthought, but it's something that won't go away any time soon.

James17930
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
But they can put the tables on grass, can't they? I don't think that would cause any problems.

Shway
10-18-2009, 08:33 PM
I say get rid of the tables, you cant even see the ball when the play is close due to the ad boards

Toronto Ruffrider
10-18-2009, 08:37 PM

I wouldn't mind those tables being replaced by a couple of extra rows of seats. Then the grass pitch can extend all of the way to the new first row.

olegunnar
10-18-2009, 08:42 PM

Put tarps on the area the tables would take up, like on American Football sidelines where the teams stand.