PDA

View Full Version : Are MlsE Now Scalping Tickets??

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
I was checking out ticketmaster today to see if there was any tickets for sale for the game this weekend vs the rapids!!

Well i noticed there was an option to buy tickets priced at $70...seems there are tickets avail right now in the NORTH END of the STADIUM where there is a few section there with about 3 rows in each!! SEC 128 - 129 ect...

I checked the TFC Priceing map and as you can see from my picture...the prices listed on these are acually $28 as they are listed under a light grey section!!!

BUT FOR THIS GAME the tickets are PRICED AT $70...$42 above the regual price....:noidea:

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1781487_1.bmp (http://www.imagehosting.com)
THOUGHTS?

Wagner
06-10-2008, 12:39 PM
i'm still thinking something is up for this game.
As there were zero tix available for Nomads and when tix went on sale to SSH and the gen public.
and now this....

werewolf
06-10-2008, 12:41 PM
its also at night. Why would a game against Colorado be at night, when most other games are during the day?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-10-2008, 12:43 PM
its also at night. Why would a game against Colorado be at night, when most other games are during the day?

if something special is happening..wouldnt you announce it to justify raising the price of these tickets?

werewolf
06-10-2008, 12:45 PM
everyone likes a good surprise. The game is going to sell-out anyway, they don't need to create a big media hype pre-game. Whereas if something big is going to happen, and no one knows about it, it would certainly get huge play in the media.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
everyone likes a good surprise. The game is going to sell-out anyway, they don't need to create a big media hype pre-game. Whereas if something big is going to happen, and no one knows about it, it would certainly get huge play in the media.

regardless...it still dosent justify to raise the ticket prices to a section that has come available to the public...and is listed at $28..and is selling for $70

alexintoronto
There is an indoor area behind those seats that people also have access to. (They run in when it rains, and sometimes watch hockey on the tvs). I wonder if food or drinks from there is included??

Ossington Mental Youth
Dunno, think something is being made out of nothing here.

olegunnar
06-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Don't those seats normally go with the clubhouse hut thingie? A few games this year I've seen people roam back and forth from the seats to the clubhouse. Especially when it rains. For the DCU game there were 2 guys that used the seats...for about 5 minutes...then when we yelled at him for heckling sutton (he didn't know sutton played for us) they disappeared back into the hut.

Maybe they didn't sell the clubhouse for the game so they are releasing the tickets.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Dunno, think something is being made out of nothing here.

The value on the tickets are $28..there being sold for $70..i dont set the prices

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-10-2008, 12:55 PM

hmmm..JUne 15th the trasfer window opens.....mabey they are going to Announce our new DP Signing..and its a night game...because they need time to install the new roof...and grass during the day:noidea:

Get rid of the HUTS :) and put an extention on to the NEE!

alexintoronto
06-10-2008, 01:04 PM

Someone buy this man a beer!!!!!

Bluenose13
06-10-2008, 01:06 PM
hmmm..JUne 15th the trasfer window opens.....mabey they are going to Announce our new DP Signing..and its a night game...because they need time to install the new roof...and grass during the day:noidea:

Get rid of the HUTS :) and put an extention on to the NEE!Sounds about right.........I think you have nailed it :D

Ossington Mental Youth
06-10-2008, 01:06 PM

Dont ya think theyd wanna do it ahead of time so as to whip up a frenzy?

werewolf
06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Dont ya think theyd wanna do it ahead of time so as to whip up a frenzy?

that would be conventional, but how much media frenzy would there be if nobody knew about it and all of a sudden TFC marches out with Patrick Kluivert.

giambac
06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
regardless...it still dosent justify to raise the ticket prices to a section that has come available to the public...and is listed at $28..and is selling for $70

Why not call the scums at MLSE for an answer. I'm curious about this. It seems awkward.

I got a feeling that it is difficult to get tickets becasue Sunday is Fathers Day.

I got a feeling TFC/MLSE is up to no good shit.

olegunnar
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM

Or...
we stole a DP from Colorado and the deal was we had to move up a game with them to before the window opens so they didn't have to play 2 games against us with the DP we stole from them.

MG42
06-10-2008, 01:25 PM
There is no way that something is going on and the news hasn't broken on here...I can't remember any move made by MoJo/TFC that hasn't shown on the RPB site first.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Hm…tickets available?

Here's one…we have social club at work and one of the girls just emailed me and asked what game I would recommend for our group?!?

Whitecaps, Pachuca, Independiente or Impact???

TFC are selling discounted group tickets!!! Must be slow down at BMO…have they maxed out?

mick.seagulls
06-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the comments, I just got two of these tickets....sure better than paying some wanker scalper
:canada:

rocker
06-10-2008, 01:39 PM
TFC are selling discounted group tickets!!! Must be slow down at BMO…have they maxed out?

group tickets have always been available, including last season, at a discounted price. I remember the Oakville soccer club had them lower than face.

the idea that the stadium is completely sold out already for the season is a fiction. Season tickets have sold out but they always keep some sections for group sales.

olegunnar
06-10-2008, 01:44 PM
There is no way that something is going on and the news hasn't broken on here...I can't remember any move made by MoJo/TFC that hasn't shown on the RPB site first.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I thought the Colorado talk (secret stuff happening) was all jokes.
It's fun to joke around.

Gobi
06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
i'm still thinking something is up for this game.
As there were zero tix available for Nomads and when tix went on sale to SSH and the gen public.
and now this....

Hate to tell ya, but I picked up a single in 112 through Ticketmaster on that day. (Yay, I'm in the bunker on Sat!)
Not that that blows the whole theory out of the water, of course.

noochie
06-10-2008, 02:56 PM
what is with the hate-on for MLSE lately?

Rawkus_420
06-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I Heard That They Are Introducing The New Dp Striker On Saturday and Thats Why The Prices Went Up. Its Somebody Really Good, And He Has Been Rumored On These Boards Before. HE WILL DEFINITELY TEAR UP THE mls!!!!

werewolf
06-10-2008, 03:03 PM
way to go out on a limb! :lol:

Rawkus_420
06-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Im serious

yellowfellow
06-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Those seats are the comfy ones with padding. Just like the ones in section 123. I don't think they cost the same as the $28 ones (those seats are just a piece of plastic because they expect people to stand).

leedsutd85
06-10-2008, 04:01 PM
It's a night game, simply because it's on Sportsnet and not CBC.

rocker
06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I Heard That They Are Introducing The New Dp Striker On Saturday and Thats Why The Prices Went Up. Its Somebody Really Good, And He Has Been Rumored On These Boards Before. HE WILL DEFINITELY TEAR UP THE mls!!!!

hahah.. you'd think they'd announce the DP striker first and then raise ticket prices ;)
I guess they feel they can pay off the striker contract with higher prices on those north end 20 seats ;)

TFC07
06-10-2008, 04:19 PM

It may have to do with Euro being played during the day.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-10-2008, 04:20 PM
what is with the hate-on for MLSE lately?

Lately?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-10-2008, 04:26 PM
I dunno bout that DP thing, the window doesnt open until the 15th, so the player wouldnt be able to play on saturday. I dont think MLSE would charge us to hear an announcement and watch the guy sit int he stands..

giambac
06-10-2008, 04:56 PM
group tickets have always been available, including last season, at a discounted price. I remember the Oakville soccer club had them lower than face.

the idea that the stadium is completely sold out already for the season is a fiction. Season tickets have sold out but they always keep some sections for group sales.

Rocker,

Look at the games they are offering at group discounts--Impact, Whitecaps, Independente and Pachuca.

these are the friendlies and CC games which I don't think are drawing much attention.

I've been trying to get rid of my Pachuca tickets for next to nothing and know one is interested in them.

giambac
06-10-2008, 04:58 PM

TFC outbid RM for C. Ronaldo.

He will be playing for TFC on saturday and fly back to switzerland for Portugals game on Sunday. It will be announced on saturday.

bhoybobby
06-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Henrick Larrson just walked out on Sweden, he's on his way to T.O. Honest

Rawkus_420
06-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I dunno bout that DP thing, the window doesnt open until the 15th, so the player wouldnt be able to play on saturday. I dont think MLSE would charge us to hear an announcement and watch the guy sit int he stands..

we're joking captain obvious.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-10-2008, 05:37 PM
we're joking captain obvious.

Sometimes its pretty hard to tell on these boards.
It wasnt that long ago people were calling to sign some ridiculous names as DPs and wanted Mos head...

Wagner
06-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Hate to tell ya, but I picked up a single in 112 through Ticketmaster on that day. (Yay, I'm in the bunker on Sat!)
Not that that blows the whole theory out of the water, of course.

That's the only pair that i've heard of.
The nomads were shut out...
and there were other times this date was unavailable for some reason.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Henrick Larrson just walked out on Sweden, he's on his way to T.O. Honest

Don't even fuckin' joke about that...