PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Guevara in Canada

Oldtimer
10-16-2009, 10:19 PM
futbolista."Sé quienes son los jugadores que están en la resistencia contra el golpe, conozco a sus familias. Muchos no pudieron manifestarse como lo está haciendo Amado Guevara, que ha demostrado la solidaridad con el presidente", afirmó.
Flor Guevara aclaró que su hijo participó este jueves en un recibimiento encabezado por Micheletti, porque los jugadores fueron llevados directo a la Presidencia, pese a que les habían dicho que irían desde el aeropuerto al santuario de la virgen de Suyapa para agradecer la clasificación.
Según su madre, Guevara regresó a Honduras tras el partido disputado en El Salvador y luego viajó a Canadá para cumplir con los compromisos asumidos con su club, el Toronto FC, por lo que no pudo entregar personalmente la camiseta.

http://noticias.prodigy.msn.com/bbc.aspx?cp-documentid=22306774

Google translation of the last part:

According to his mother, Guevara returned to Honduras after the game played in El Salvador and then traveled to Canada to meet its commitments to his club, FC Toronto, so he could not personally deliver the shirt.

Redpunkfiddle
10-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Confirmed: Guevara still hungover from victory celebration.

Cristiano14
10-16-2009, 10:23 PM
I take it that he is not back next year.

koryo
10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Okay, Guevara's back in the country but where's his head?

prizby
10-17-2009, 12:07 AM
deliver what shirt...to who?

Roogsy
10-17-2009, 12:11 AM
"Entregar" gives the meaning of "returning" or "giving back". The article is a little unclear. Is it saying that Guevara is coming back to complete his contract and then "return the shirt"?

ChrisLav
10-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Maybe there was there dry cleaning he picked up in El Salvador that should have been returned to his mother. That could be the shirt he couldn't return. Maybe a blouse / skirt combo too :wink5:

James17930
10-17-2009, 06:25 AM
I think it's more that he donated the shirt he wore in the Honduras game to someone, but since he had to fly back to Toronto ASAP, he couldn't deliver it personally.

kaos197O
10-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Who cares either way! He made his priorities known early on in the year and has basically just done enough here (which is fuck all) to avoid injury. He checked out long ago and I hope Cummins will not start him, nor do I hope he plays with this club next season. Give back the shirt Amado. Save yourself for the World Cup and stop using up our payroll.

rocker
10-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Amado has 5 goals and 6 assists.. he's tied for second on the team in goals and tied for first on the team in assists. That's decent. I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
I see other players doing less per dollar than him.

v00d00daddy
10-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Who cares either way! He made his priorities known early on in the year and has basically just done enough here (which is fuck all) to avoid injury. He checked out long ago and I hope Cummins will not start him, nor do I hope he plays with this club next season. Give back the shirt Amado. Save yourself for the World Cup and stop using up our payroll.

Guevara played an important role yesterday. Didn't look like he checked out to me.

FluSH
10-18-2009, 09:14 AM
anyhow good to see Amado yesterday... he almost had that goal from that set piece!

Canary Canuck
10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
He earns his salary more than Vitti does that's for sure

Nodoubtguy
10-18-2009, 05:14 PM
He earns his salary more than Vitti does that's for sure

Vitti is so under appreciated and under utilized thats its not even funny.....

v00d00daddy
10-18-2009, 09:09 PM

I agree whole heartedly. It's really frustrating. As long as people value stuff like, work rate and pace over actual skill and vision....it will never change.

swan
10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
I agree whole heartedly. It's really frustrating. As long as people value stuff like, work rate and pace over actual skill and vision....it will never change.

he's done nothing for this team his skill can't be that great when people with "less skill" have done more...

MartinUtd
10-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Maybe, but you can't argue with results. Guevara has been great this year.

v00d00daddy
10-19-2009, 10:11 PM
he's done nothing for this team his skill can't be that great when people with "less skill" have done more...

It's a matter of opinion, obviously. I would have preferred to see Vitti get the starts, and the minutes that Barrett got this year.

I think he would have done more with the team AND it would have been a time for TFC to evaluate what they've got with Vitti. We knew what we had in Barrett when we got him.

TFC have spent 300k on Vitti and he's, at best, a question mark. Some want him gone. Others like him but aren't 100% sold.

I don't like that we have a guy like Vitti, at his age, with his skill set and we can't find away to incorporate it into the lineup. It's seems like a waste.

Oldtimer
10-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Interesting how a little news piece on last game gets blown into a full discussion of Guevara and Vitti.

Oldtimer
10-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Now we see what the "shirt" was about in the original spanish article:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/guevara-tfc-must-win/article1336895/

Dangerous, taking sides in a political crisis.

Nodoubtguy
10-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Maybe, but you can't argue with results. Guevara has been great this year.

I love Amado too....they should be out there together!!!!

I don't like that we have a guy like Vitti, at his age, with his skill set and we can't find away to incorporate it into the lineup. It's seems like a waste.

Who should get the blame for that??? with players like JDG, Amado, and Dero......you'd think putting Vitti out there for an amazing midfield would be obvious and play with Cronin holding and one man upfront.

jazzy
10-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I love Amado too....they should be out there together!!!!

Who should get the blame for that??? with players like JDG, Amado, and Dero......you'd think putting Vitti out there for an amazing midfield would be obvious and play with Cronin holding and one man upfront.

Give any one the playing time to develop, as Barret got, and it would be much fairer, We judge these guys on so little playin time, usually in pressure situations, and not at there true positions, yet mistake after mistake for Barret and he's got good pace, never gives up, read the thread from Lundberg....about the difference btwn pace and skill.....very telling