PDA

View Full Version : Ticket renewals for Gold Listers

Mark in Ottawa
10-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Got an e-mail yesterday from the TFC office staff.

"As a member of the GOLD Waiting List, we wanted to send you a quick update on what you can expect in the coming weeks in regards to 2010 Toronto FC tickets....
Here is what’s happening:

Friday, October 16th (tomorrow) is the deadline for our existing Season Seat Holders to renew their seats for next year.

In late October/early November, we will hold our “Relocation Event” for existing Season Seat Holders, allowing them to move their season seats if desired.

In mid-November, all members of the GOLD Waiting List will receive an e-mail with a scheduled phone appointment. This will be your opportunity to potentially purchase a full or partial ticket package."

Hell I will just be happy to get a partial pack that isn't a "ransom pack". :rolleyes:
O... and a relocation more toward the south end if at all possible :D

Red CB Toronto
10-16-2009, 03:59 PM
I got that email too, a partial pack for my brother would be nice too. I have a pair through my friend.

Roogsy
10-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I have two friends that chose to not renew. I told them that I could find buyers instead of letting their tickets go and they still chose to drop them. They didn't want the hassle.

In my opinion, this is indicative of what is happening with ticket sales. I would guess that some of the "prawnies" are dropping their tickets and people on the waiting lists are going to have a chance to pick them up.

Don't bet on the supporters section though. Those are like finding the holy grail.

Red CB Toronto
10-16-2009, 04:25 PM
I have two friends that chose to not renew. I told them that I could find buyers instead of letting their tickets go and they still chose to drop them. They didn't want the hassle.

In my opinion, this is indicative of what is happening with ticket sales. I would guess that some of the "prawnies" are dropping their tickets and people on the waiting lists are going to have a chance to pick them up.

Don't bet on the supporters section though. Those are like finding the holy grail.

I am starting to think that is the case, when you consider that their might not be a north end stand to start the season anyway, I figure that the Reds think they might have some exisiting seats to sell and do not want to cheap seats being available hampering that.

AL-MO
10-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Spoke to my rep...they expect 95% renewal by end of day.

Super
10-16-2009, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the renewal rate drops to below 90% this time around. Heck, last game we still had a pretty decent chance of making the play-offs, and yet it looked like 70% full. Maybe this is where we'll make the turn and become more like other clubs in the league struggling to sell tickets.

rocker
10-16-2009, 04:32 PM
i sit in a dark grey section, west stand... I'm surrounded by guys who know each other (they own about 16 seats, 8 in my row, 8 right in front).. all middle aged, with kids. I was talking to one of em... he seemed really down on renewing. But you know what, these guys are not exactly the keenest fans. They bought seats after the Becks announcement, and this season and last they left them empty a lot. They don't do cold games, or rainy games. They've always (back to start of 2008 when i got these seats) come right at the whistle or 10 minutes late. It's more of a social club for these guys than a serious interest. If they don't renew, I won't be sad. and it's not like they lost interest in TFC -- they always seemed very guarded, disinterested kind of fans. Not really cheering, and having VERY tough criticism on the quality of MLS even when the team won a game. From conversations, they bought tickets in 2007 knowing squat about MLS and thought the quality was gonna be more like Europe.

So if there are keener fans on the waiting list, it might be a good thing to get that new blood into these seats. Just another perspective on non-renewals.

profit89
10-16-2009, 06:19 PM
What's the renewal rate this year?

Bluenose13
10-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Spoke to my rep...they expect 95% renewal by end of day.

What's the renewal rate this year?...
:D

sulfur
10-16-2009, 06:40 PM
So... 94% then. :D

Carts
10-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Knowing the MLSE PR machine, every year they will announce a "close to 95% renewal rate" even if its much less (key part 'close to' so they're not fabricating). They then spin it as "...some lucky fans on the waiting list will get tickets...".

This does was MLSE does so well, creates HOPE... But keeps everyone thinking the tickets are impossible to come by...

Carts...

mastermixer
10-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Bottom line... the lustre is gone. Time to start selling the team to the fans not the exclusivity by hyping up some obviously inaccurate "waiting list" which all it takes to get on is a couple of clicks of a mouse.
Toronto is a big city, its not hard to sell those dark grey and red seats to businesses and corps. I sit in 109 a red section and there are very few real TFC fans here. You should here some of the ignorance about TFC and soccer I hear around me. I'm sure its similar in other high priced sections. But as soon as people hear its not that big a deal to go to a TFC game anymore those corps will start backing out and the only seats that will stay full are the obvious supporters sections.

JamboAl
10-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Got an e-mail yesterday from the TFC office staff.

"As a member of the GOLD Waiting List, we wanted to send you a quick update on what you can expect in the coming weeks in regards to 2010 Toronto FC tickets....
Here is what’s happening:

Friday, October 16th (tomorrow) is the deadline for our existing Season Seat Holders to renew their seats for next year.

In late October/early November, we will hold our “Relocation Event” for existing Season Seat Holders, allowing them to move their season seats if desired.

In mid-November, all members of the GOLD Waiting List will receive an e-mail with a scheduled phone appointment. This will be your opportunity to potentially purchase a full or partial ticket package."
Hell I will just be happy to get a partial pack that isn't a "ransom pack". :rolleyes:
O... and a relocation more toward the south end if at all possible :D

Hey Mark. Let me know if you decide to get a partial/full package. I could go in and buy a number of the match tickets from/with you, if you are interested.

Sullivan
10-16-2009, 09:03 PM
My ticket rep told me lots of people not renewing their full allotment. He said they've all been told to not comment when asked about the renewal rate. Suffice to say, the spin is on....

Super
10-16-2009, 09:11 PM
My ticket rep told me lots of people not renewing their full allotment. He said they've all been told to not comment when asked about the renewal rate. Suffice to say, the spin is on....

Hmm, well, this makes a lot more sense to me actually. I hope it's true. I want some people out of BMO so we can bring in proper supporters who will actually show up at the games. I'm sick of the empty seats. I'm sick of people moaning, bitching and bad-mouthing the team. Hopefully a clean sweep is on the way. We shall see I guess.

Whoop
10-16-2009, 10:16 PM
I also got this e-mail even though I got my seasons last year.

So am I still counted as part of the waiting list even though I already have season tickets?

Chapman
10-17-2009, 09:49 AM
I also got this e-mail even though I got my seasons last year.

So am I still counted as part of the waiting list even though I already have season tickets?

The email was sent out to both the platinum, which you are on, and the gold by accident. Really it was meant only for the gold. You'll get the chance for additional seats before the gold list.

Wagner
10-17-2009, 09:54 AM
I agree with Carts, i would guess that MLSE will slightly reduce the season ticket number so that they are always at 95% renewal....and they will just spin it to say that THEY decided to make more available tix available in the form of MarliesPacks and Game Day Singles...

CretanBull
10-17-2009, 10:13 AM
If everyone is forced or ummm "given the privilege" to buy Marlies tickets we should organized a Marlies ticket burning party outside of MLSE's front office. Of course the last laugh would be on us because they'd get our money but atleast it would be cathartic.