PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's First Chant... after the whistle:

FluSH
10-16-2009, 11:44 AM
As the title says:

What are we chanting the first few minutes after the whistle...?

ALL WE ARE SAYIIIIIIING.... IS THANKS DI-CHI-OOOO!

To give you a background, Zac from Usector and I tried this chant after the whistle during the Colorado game on Sep 12th... and it went quite well for something that was improvised 15mins earlier at the tailgate by Workie.

If you watch the highlights of the game (TFC vs Colorado ) you can clearly hear it... during the lineup screen:

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

So this is a request to everyone out there, whether you are in the South, North, or in between to please spread this chant and make this happen...

This chant is for the man who retiredTo make this one Memorable day...

Thank You!

-FluSH

Parkdale
10-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I like the sounds of that !~!

Sid
10-16-2009, 11:51 AM
sounds great idea Flush

FluSH
10-16-2009, 11:51 AM
In essence,

It is fit that the man who retired this song from our repetoire (by scoring the first goal), is given back the final chant of this song...

Pookie
10-16-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm down with OPP... I mean... down with this.

FluSH
10-16-2009, 01:19 PM
^^^
Thank You...

Spread the word...

bee dubya
10-16-2009, 02:05 PM
^ Flush, can I suggest a title change for this thread? If that's the definitive starting chant for tomorrow's game, the title shouldn't be a question.

I'm down and I'll spread the word in 221.

FluSH
10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
^ Flush, can I suggest a title change for this thread? If that's the definitive starting chant for tomorrow's game, the title shouldn't be a question.

I'm down and I'll spread the word in 221.

Sure... what Title do you want...

I guess the title was meant to sound like a petition... for everyone to support it...

Hitcho
10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Spooky. I was thinking this morning that we should get this chant going on Saturday. When it took off in the early days of season 1 it was spontaneous and spread brilliantly, even among a completely novice footbal crowd. And not just in the south end either - it was ringing out everywhere.

I think it's a great chant for Danny's send off. At some point he will do a lap of the pitch too (most likely after the game) and we should chant it then as well. The 23:13 chant will always live on at its designated time, but this is a great chance to say thanks to Danny with something a bit special.

Red Skies At Night
10-16-2009, 03:57 PM
The 23:13 chant will always live on at its designated time,

I'm glad someone pointed this out as there was someone at the last game who yelled to stop singing the Dichio song because he's now retired. I politely explained that a strong club is built on its history and tradition. I dream that in 5 + years when we are spanking the rest of the league on a regular basis that the Dichio will still ring out at 23:13

COYR

Hitcho
10-16-2009, 04:01 PM
^ I will always sing it, as long as I go to games at BMO Field. Especially if Danny is still on the staff in some capacity.

FluSH
10-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm glad someone pointed this out as there was someone at the last game who yelled to stop singing the Dichio song because he's now retired. I politely explained that a strong club is built on its history and tradition. I dream that in 5 + years when we are spanking the rest of the league on a regular basis that the Dichio will still ring out at 23:13

COYR

All SG's had decided that we were going to continue chanting @ 23:13 even from last season when it was suspected he may not return... so yeah... one guy yelling to stop = one guy who doesn't know...

FluSH
10-16-2009, 05:07 PM
actually the link I originally gave sucked...

check the game in 6 minutes:

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

For TFC vs Colorado at home...

billyfly
10-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Too complicated. :rolleyes:

FluSH
10-17-2009, 08:08 AM
BUMP

Spread the word...

shaun70
10-17-2009, 09:26 AM
my kids and I will try spreading it through 108 (we may, however, be quite alone)

MG42
10-17-2009, 09:41 AM
In essence,

It is fit that the man who retired this song from our repetoire (by scoring the first goal), is given back the final chant of this song...

Damn...that's intense...I love it FluSH

AL-MO
10-17-2009, 09:46 AM
AFTER the opening whistle....there is another song playing before ;)

phonzo
10-17-2009, 09:48 AM
flush is very poetic ya know...Hieroglyphics and shit