PDA

View Full Version : Your confidence in the team

DichioTFC
10-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Plain and simple. Everyone's shocked from Saturday's result, people are calling for Cummins' head and some are talking about protesting in some way. Others are pointing out that we can still make the playoffs, albeit with some help.

How do you feel about one thing that nobody is really talking about?

Lennon
10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Does this really have to be asked? Our next game is against a team thats no better then us and the one after that is against of the worst teams in MLS history. Two wins and a bit of help and we're in. Making the playoffs isn't the longshot some people are making it out to be ...

squarehead
10-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm not confident in our team at all, but what does that have to do with me supporting them? I WANT them to win...

JDG
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Plain and simple. Everyone's shocked from Saturday's result, people are calling for Cummins' head and some are talking about protesting in some way. Others are pointing out that we can still make the playoffs, albeit with some help.

Not shocked by the result - "If I'm being honest"
A protest is pointless. The future of the team is out of our hands, and nobody is happy with the way things have been handled so far. Change WILL happen.
We need to support the players on the pitch if we are to have any hope of getting 6 points from the next two games. They need to know we're behind them, and I intend to bring that message loud and clear next week.

InTheCrowd
10-12-2009, 05:23 PM
I believe that we should support the team every game because it's more helpful than not supporting.

ArmenJBX
10-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Hell yes. I'll never stop.

Hitcho
10-12-2009, 05:36 PM
If you're even remotely serious in what you're asking in this poll, then you have no business being on a supporter forum.

Get a grip. You don't just stop supporting your team because they didn't win. What a mindless and ridiculous concept.

prizby
10-12-2009, 05:38 PM
im confident that our team will get a result in the first 75 minutes...any extra time after that has me shivering with fear

Torontotonto
10-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Doesn't matter if it's the first game or the last, we will be there supporting till the end.

Marc"2L"
10-12-2009, 05:54 PM
im confident that our team will get a result in the first 75 minutes...any extra time after that has me shivering with fear

Something fitting in having the 75 mile bastards supporting the 75 minute club.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Who are the three people so far that have voted "No - I will not be supporting the team against RSL this weekend"? Seriously?

- Scott

Carts
10-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I will ALWAYS support them...

I may not have too much confidence in the final 15-minutes of the game if we're up 1-0, but I'll do my best to support them even more during that time to break the habit...

Carts...

PS: voting no in this poll - that's a paddlin'...

v00d00daddy
10-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm not confident in our team at all, but what does that have to do with me supporting them? I WANT them to win...

+1

People are unable to seperate the two. It's sad.

Yozzarian
10-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I'll be there for 90+ minutes. Always hope even when hope hurts.

SamK
10-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Why would someone not support their favourite team because they havent been winning?
I mean, look at the detroit lions, they still have fans. Thats just what i have to say to all of those who dont want to support TFC this weekend.

canadian_bhoy
10-12-2009, 08:00 PM
What team? Through a constant revolving door and "toe the party line" attitude, Mo has put together an arsenal of mercenaries. Many of whom seem to have little interest in whether or not the club wins or loses.

You have a group who are split in the locker room. The ones who are dying to win vs. the ones who are complacent with being mediocre - none of them seem to have faith in the coach, who, despite his criticisms, is doing the best he can with something that was thrown into his lap.

It's a mess and even though I'll be happy if TFC makes it into the playoffs, the best thing for the club going forward would probably be missing out. God knows we don't need another sense of false accomplishment.

Damien
10-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Call me a TFC sheep but i'll still show up if we went 0-30.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Now we've got six people saying "No" to the question "Will you SUPPORT TFC against RSL this weekend?"

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

- Scott

Super
10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
It's a mess and even though I'll be happy if TFC makes it into the playoffs, the best thing for the club going forward would probably be missing out. God knows we don't need another sense of false accomplishment.

I agree. IF we make the play-offs it won't feel as though we earned our spot, and quite frankly I fear we'd get absolutely killed in the first round anyway. I'd hate for that to happen, and for the club to feel as though it met expectations. It's easier to clean house and force through good change when you've hit rock bottom.

BUT I still have faith, and obviously I want us to make the play-offs. Either way I do want to see some changes - and first up is Cummins.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2009, 08:27 PM
The good thing about just making the playoffs, as the Red Bulls showed last season, is that a team can conceivably find their form and make it to the final.

That said, I don't think we are one of those teams.

- Scott

Super
10-12-2009, 08:33 PM
The good thing about just making the playoffs, as the Red Bulls showed last season, is that a team can conceivably find their form and make it to the final.

That said, I don't think we are one of those teams.

- Scott

Plus we really just don't deserve to be up there with the very best in the league. I guess this is part of the reason why I dislike the play-off format. Sure we can get in there and maybe find our form and run straight to the final and win the whole thing - but really, do we deserve that based on our performances through the whole season? I don't know. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Play-off format would work better with me if it was the top 4 that qualified - and not half the league.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Plus we really just don't deserve to be up there with the very best in the league. I guess this is part of the reason why I dislike the play-off format. Sure we can get in there and maybe find our form and run straight to the final and win the whole thing - but really, do we deserve that based on our performances through the whole season? I don't know. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Play-off format would work better with me if it was the top 4 that qualified - and not half the league.

I don't really look at it that way, as to make it to the final, you would still have to knock off a bunch of (one would assume) strong teams. My point was just that I don't think we are a team that would do that.

We rarely put up strong performances against good teams this season - most of our wins came against teams that are as good as us, or worse.

- Scott

Blazer
10-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Stupid thread.

And I'd encourage all the "no" voters (6 of you) to speak up with your foolish rationale???

Chevy
10-12-2009, 08:56 PM
I only vote in English only polls.

Oldtimer
10-12-2009, 09:04 PM
I like French polls. :)

LesH
10-12-2009, 09:11 PM

A Champion team in my eyes would need to be the best team for that competition season.

I hate the playoff format for MLS (I do not care for NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, because there format is a lot better suited for playoffs, having a lot more teams). This because it may happen that a team which just barely makes it to the playoffs, just barely being better than mediocre through the whole regular season, to win the championship.

And in this case this won't reflect the value shown by that team in the whole season, but that just in the very end, and it can be accomplished by having to deal a lot more with the luck factor (because we're talking just about a very limited number of games compared to those in the whole season).

Sure, the defenders of the playoff system can have the argument that brings a lot more excitement to the table...
In a lot of the top European championships the champion is known many times with 2, 3, or even 4 games before the final game for almost sure.

Still none of the European championships have playoff format, and nobody there is complaining that the championships would be too boring. Yeah, we have the fight against the relegation, which also adds excitement.

But the main issue is that when a championship season ended, we can be sure that the champion was truly the best team considering the whole season, from the beginning to the end, by average.
But with a playoff system??? No way....:rolleyes:

Beach_Red
10-12-2009, 09:21 PM
^ Think of the playoffs as an elimination-style tournament, like a Champions League, except played at the end of the season rather than throughout. Head-to-head games, winner advances, loser is out, results of other teams' games don't factor.

If the CCL ever gets more popular, MLS may do away with playoffs, though it seems unlikely as the closest there is now to "league champion" style in the US is college football and they're looking for some kind of playoffs. Look how March Madness put college basketball on the map.

Even when there were only twelve teams in the NHL eight of them made the playoffs.

Blizzard
10-12-2009, 11:25 PM
You really should re-title this thread. Having confidence in a team and cheering for a team are two totally different things. One does not have to be confident in the team achieving a victory in order to cheer for them.

Are you suggesting that if we don't think our team can win, that we shouldn't cheer for them?

It certainly does seem that way.

AFAIC, anybody who votes "non" on this poll should never set foot in BMO Field ever again!

B

jazzy
10-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes will support, but definitely feel real bad, also hope I don't have to listen to assholes (SIC) completely cut-up the team, (very personal and not for kids ears) and anyone wearin TFC wear, as I did walkin home again, I may lose it......do they have TFC hook-ups in the looney bin

DichioTFC
10-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Stupid thread.

And I'd encourage all the "no" voters (6 of you) to speak up with your foolish rationale???

If you're even remotely serious in what you're asking in this poll, then you have no business being on a supporter forum.

Get a grip. You don't just stop supporting your team because they didn't win. What a mindless and ridiculous concept.

You two ignorant assclowns really need to suck it long and suck it hard. for real.

the point of this poll was twofold; 1. to highlight that theres a game on saturday (i.e. to drum up support for the boys!) and 2. to let people know that there are some people who will not support US on saturday. as of right now there are 9 people who will not be supporting the team. how's that for a stupid thread? to me, the fact that theres even ONE person dissenting is reason enough.

i'm a TFC supporter. i've sat in the supporters section for almost all of the season, i had tickets in 113 for the first time last game and i have 113 tickets next game as well. my still hoarse voice proves i'm one of the many people who were trying to spur the team on (no business being on a supporter forum, eh?). not one of the jackasses who complained every two minutes. not one of the jackasses who felt necessary to talk about their week to other jackasses beside them. you fuckers want to bash someone, bash the 9 people who arent confident enough in the team to support them on saturday.

You really should re-title this thread. Having confidence in a team and cheering for a team are two totally different things. One does not have to be confident in the team achieving a victory in order to cheer for them.

Are you suggesting that if we don't think our team can win, that we shouldn't cheer for them?

It certainly does seem that way.

AFAIC, anybody who votes "non" on this poll should never set foot in BMO Field ever again!

B

Blizzard, you're right about how my semantics could be improved, but at the time of writing, I equated supporting the team with confidence in the team (if you didnt support the team, you're clearly not confident in them and vice versa). i still like the original writing of the question because its as neutral as possible (other ideas i had implied bias, which is also why my first post listed most possible pros and cons, to keep the posting as neutral as possible)

DichioTFC
10-13-2009, 12:05 AM
fact of the matter is that 10% of RPB nation will not be supporting TFC come saturday. to me, the conclusion is that the other 90% need to chant louder than we have all season and to bring the noise to a fever pitch inside BMO.

my $0.02

Cashcleaner
10-13-2009, 02:21 AM
I'm not feeling all that confident in my team at the moment, but I still support them. Like it's been said, I WANT them to win. I'm enough of a realist to acknowledge the odds of making the playoffs are stacked against us, but that doesn't stop me from hoping.

I'll be honest, I don't feel great about the team anymore. Not like I used to at least. And it's got nothing to do with our record, but rather the trend we're seeing develop. A revolving door dressing room and the multiple coaches brought in for our first three years is one thing. The fact that at the end of the third season there doesn't seem to be any plan in the works to end of it all is another.

Brooker
10-13-2009, 06:47 AM
90% confidence in the team?!

sorry wait a sec, are we talking about Toronto FC...?

and of course i'll be in full voice for the RSL game. support is a full time job!

ensco
10-13-2009, 06:55 AM
I have a poll suggestion: Will you live forever? Yes or no.

This will provide comprehensive proof that at least 10% of people will vote for any proposition, no matter what it is.

Fort York Redcoat
10-13-2009, 07:07 AM
I'm invincible!

Redcoe15
10-13-2009, 07:58 AM
My team, good or bad. It;s that simple. :scarf:

canadian_bhoy
10-13-2009, 08:02 AM
fact of the matter is that 10% of RPB nation will not be supporting TFC come saturday. to me, the conclusion is that the other 90% need to chant louder than we have all season and to bring the noise to a fever pitch inside BMO.

my $0.02

Technically that's not true. 10% of the people voting in a public poll made up of members and registered users is more accurate. Keep in mind people like me who didn't bother voting or members who don't visit the boards...also factor in people who aren't members of the group who have left because of too much complaining and crap in the last 3 years. I'll be there on Saturday...would any real fan seriously consider "boycotting" the match? hahah.

koryo
10-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Confidence in the team?
No.

Support them this coming Saturday?
Yes.

The fact that this question is even being asked reflects poorly on this group, not the team.

Darlofletch
10-13-2009, 08:31 AM

Stupid thread.

You two ignorant assclowns really need to suck it long and suck it hard. for real.

the point of this poll was twofold; 1. to highlight that theres a game on saturday (i.e. to drum up support for the boys!) and 2. to let people know that there are some people who will not support US on saturday. as of right now there are 9 people who will not be supporting the team. how's that for a stupid thread? to me, the fact that theres even ONE person dissenting is reason enough.

i'm a TFC supporter. i've sat in the supporters section for almost all of the season, i had tickets in 113 for the first time last game and i have 113 tickets next game as well. my still hoarse voice proves i'm one of the many people who were trying to spur the team on (no business being on a supporter forum, eh?). not one of the jackasses who complained every two minutes. not one of the jackasses who felt necessary to talk about their week to other jackasses beside them. you fuckers want to bash someone, bash the 9 people who arent confident enough in the team to support them on saturday.

And you need to be a lot less selective with your highlighting of quotes. if you'd highlighted the other section of both those quotes, you'd see that both of the people you call ignorant assclowns (you actually edited it and left that in there! wow!) agree with you that people should be still supporting the team. What they were criticising was the idea that anyone would be giving up on the team now, right at the business end of the season.

Just because you phrased the question poorly, don't get all pissy at people who don't like the idea you put forward. Christ!

Darlofletch
10-13-2009, 08:33 AM
As for the question, i have minimal confidence that they'll actually win and make the playoffs. But I'll be there supporting them on saturday and in New York.

I'm not against the idea of protesting, and fully think you can protest and still be a supporter, but this really isn't the time of year to be doing that.

TFC Cityboy
10-13-2009, 10:12 AM
what a fucking stupid question. Grow up. Take the lows and the highs - and check the word "supporter" in any dictionary.

Hitcho
10-13-2009, 10:17 AM

Putting up a poll entitled something about not supporting the team vs RSL is not a very good way of "drumming up support", nor is offering the people who won't be supporting the team a platform for expressing their lack of support.

Your original poll and thread title was suggesting a boycott of support. Implicitly, and especially since you didn't state you felt otherwise in the OP, that means people will think it's your opinion too, since YOU put up the poll and thread.

So don't turn round and start throwing personal insults around when people disagree with that opinion, and especially when there was no way to tell you had put up one opinion but actually held another. Besides which there was no suggestion from me that the THREAD was stupid, I only posted that the CONCEPT of not supporting the team at the final home game was stupid. There's a big difference between the two.

So, your original post was misleading and your follow up post was baseless. I don't want to get into a tit for tat argument with you, but you might want to be less hasty with the personal insults and try reading A) your own posts and B) what other people have written in reply to them, before you start throwing them around.

And I still stand by my original post - not supporting a team because they haven't been winning recently is a ridiculous and mindless concept. By the sounds of it you agree, which makes your insults above even more unjustified.

tfcleeds
10-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Now we've got six people saying "No" to the question "Will you SUPPORT TFC against RSL this weekend?"

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

- Scott

Maybe the people who voted "non" just don't understand French?

Menelaos
10-13-2009, 10:23 AM
what a fucking stupid question. Grow up. Take the lows and the highs - and check the word "supporter" in any dictionary.

^ 100%

"Will you support TFC this Saturday against RSL?" <--- That's the question being asked. I see nothing about drumming up support in that question at all.

If you dont support them on Saturday, then you are NOT a supporter and should really GTFO and find the Columbus forums where you would fit in better.

Fort York Redcoat
10-13-2009, 10:25 AM
C'mon you know you agree with what i never said...

Libra_60
10-13-2009, 12:09 PM
I was as disappointed this past Saturday as was the next guy beside me but it will not stop me from being there this Saturday cheering on the lads. :scarf: They have got a fairly difficult task to get into the post season but with two relatively (should be) easy games left and both New England & Colorado having their work cut out for them with tough matches there is that possibility. The boys will need our support this Saturday for sure and all fans need to get off their backsides and start cheering and singing with the RPB's. To be still fighting for the last spot at this time of the year is just fantastic.:canada: Look how the Leafs have started the season 0-4-1 with another loss tonight and then another one this Saturday evening leaving them 0-6-1.

ilikemusic
10-13-2009, 01:52 PM
The topic isnt really related to the poll.

I will support TFC.

I have zero confidence in them though.

Hitcho
10-13-2009, 02:25 PM
The topic isnt really related to the poll.

I will support TFC.

I have zero confidence in them though.

Actually, you've emphatically proved the underlying idea of this poll/thread to be completely wrong. Your support isn't dependent on the team backing it up with wins. So the suggestion they are linked is proved wrong. :scarf:

Section 117
10-13-2009, 02:47 PM
I will always support my team win or lose...

Yes, I will be frustrated with them when they play like crap but I will never walk out on them or not support them during there time on the pitch.

You want to cheer a winning club, go cheer some other squad as IMO true supporters will stick with the club through thick or thin. Being upset with coaching/management should never get in the way of supporting the lads that wear the jersey.

Whoop
10-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Being upset with coaching/management should never get in the way of supporting the lads that wear the jersey.

Bingo.

Parkdale
10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
to be brutally honest...

I'd rather NOT see TFC sneak into the playoffs.
They don't deserve to be there, and maybe if they don't make it... then some real changes will happen at the club.

Does that mean I want the team to lose? No... they've already done that themselves,
I just don't want the people responsible for the poor performance to be able to hide
behind a last place, single point playoff spot and pretend like it was a success.

and that has nothing to do with supporting the team or not... it's about wanting what's best for them.

Roogsy
10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
^ Like they have with the Voyageurs Cup? My ticket rep tried to run that little excuse by me. It did not fly.

The truth is that they backdoored their way into the VC and have since done nothing other than what can be described as "mailing it in".

Changes must happen. If we see "tinkering" Mo again next season, he needs to go. We need a full squad ready to go as of the first game of the season (coaches included). I said it before 2009 began I am saying it now for 2010. Without that, this team will fumble it's way around this league all season long.

Beach_Red
10-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Changes must happen. If we see "tinkering" Mo again next season, he needs to go. We need a full squad ready to go as of the first game of the season (coaches included). I said it before 2009 began I am saying it now for 2010. Without that, this team will fumble it's way around this league all season long.

How well do you think this roster, from the start of the season with a full coaching staff in place, would do next year?

snuffy74
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Agreed!! Losses like Saturday are tough to accept. But how many people thought the miracle in Montreal was possible?

TORONTO TILL I DIE!

T.O TILL I DIE
10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Hell yes. I'll never stop.
same here and i think every1 should keept supporting to !:scarf:<3

ManUtd4ever
10-13-2009, 04:36 PM
to be brutally honest...

I'd rather NOT see TFC sneak into the playoffs.
They don't deserve to be there, and maybe if they don't make it... then some real changes will happen at the club.

Does that mean I want the team to lose? No... they've already done that themselves,
I just don't want the people responsible for the poor performance to be able to hide
behind a last place, single point playoff spot and pretend like it was a success.

and that has nothing to do with supporting the team or not... it's about wanting what's best for them.

As a pure fan, I hope that TFC can somehow find their form starting this Saturday, have all the other results go their way, sneak into the playoffs, and go on an improbable run a la the Shite Bulls last season...but if that success meant no drastic coaching/player changes would be made this off season, TFC might suffer the same fate as this year's Shite Bulls next season. If missing the playoffs is the only true catalyst for change, I would have to agree with you...

Fiin
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM

It will be the same as always bud, people will talk up a storm about sticking it to the man(or pipe dream we can still make it), then come Saturday, a couple beers later, be right there cheering and wanting to fuck MoJos leg. Same crap as always.

rocker
10-13-2009, 05:08 PM
hide
behind a last place, single point playoff spot and pretend like it was a success..

I disagree. However you make the playoffs in this league, you made the playoffs. that's an accomplishment considering we've never made the playoffs.

I sometimes wonder if some of you guys would enjoy the playoffs if it happened... what if TFC made it to MLS Cup like the Shite Bulls did? Would you enjoy it? or would you think it wasn't worthy of your support?

gtaguy
10-13-2009, 05:51 PM
It will be the same as always bud, people will talk up a storm about sticking it to the man(or pipe dream we can still make it), then come Saturday, a couple beers later, be right there cheering and wanting to fuck MoJos leg. Same crap as always.

2nd .. We are still a young club and Rome was not made overnight.. TFc for life with quite a few bumps and bruises in between.. :scarf:

MTomas
10-13-2009, 06:27 PM
2nd .. We are still a young club and Rome was not made overnight.. TFc for life with quite a few bumps and bruises in between.. :scarf:

+1

Why dont people understand that we are still a 3rd year team?

MANU - FOUNDED 1878 // WON TITLE FIRST DIVISION 1907/1908
LIV - FOUNDED 1892 // WON TITLE FIRST DIVISION 1900/1901
ARSE - FOUNDED 1886 // WON TITLE FIRST DIVISION - 1930/1931

REAL MADRID - FOUNDED 1902 // WON LA LIGA 1931/32
BARCELONA - FOUNDED 1899 // WON LA LIGA 1928/1929

Doesn't look like any of the above teams won the league in 3yrs time.

TFC fans need patience, it will come sooner rather than later.

JDG
10-13-2009, 06:40 PM
+1

Why dont people understand that we are still a 3rd year team?

MANU - FOUNDED 1878 // WON TITLE FIRST DIVISION 1907/1908
LIV - FOUNDED 1892 // WON TITLE FIRST DIVISION 1900/1901
ARSE - FOUNDED 1886 // WON TITLE FIRST DIVISION - 1930/1931

REAL MADRID - FOUNDED 1902 // WON LA LIGA 1931/32
BARCELONA - FOUNDED 1899 // WON LA LIGA 1928/1929

Doesn't look like any of the above teams won the league in 3yrs time.

TFC fans need patience, it will come sooner rather than later.

ASTON VILLA - Founded 1874 // Villa fast became the Midlands' dominant side, beating Small Heath Alliance - later to become arch rivals Birmingham City - 22-0 on one occasion.
Aston Villa were one of the founding members of the Football League in 1888 and enjoyed instant success.
In the 1890s, they won five titles in seven seasons. Villa were also the first side to do the league and cup double in 1897.

:D Because I Can :D

Patience is needed. TFC will win the League, but it is unreasonable to expect them to do it right away.

MTomas
10-13-2009, 06:50 PM
ASTON VILLA - Founded 1874 // Villa fast became the Midlands' dominant side, beating Small Heath Alliance - later to become arch rivals Birmingham City - 22-0 on one occasion.
Aston Villa were one of the founding members of the Football League in 1888 and enjoyed instant success.
In the 1890s, they won five titles in seven seasons. Villa were also the first side to do the league and cup double in 1897.

:D Because I Can :D

Patience is needed. TFC will win the League, but it is unreasonable to expect them to do it right away.

Exactly what i am saying they did enjoy success, but it still took time. You still support Aston Villa even though they haven't won since 1980/81. I also hope that TFC with titles like Aston Villa did because i am a supporter of the team and we have to support the team in the good and bad times

We are SUPPORTERS not fans. It is why we are members of the Red Patch Boys. It is why we follow Article 2 in the RPB Charter.

Article 2 - Objectives.
The Red Patch Boys will support Toronto FC. We will encourage development of the sport in the country of Canada.

Brooker
10-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I voted no.

because the title of the thread is do you have confidence in this team? so I figured that's what the poll was asking when it gave a y/n answer. what does confidence have to do with support? this one confused me. my bad.

MTomas
10-14-2009, 05:31 PM
I voted no.

because the title of the thread is do you have confidence in this team? so I figured that's what the poll was asking when it gave a y/n answer. what does confidence have to do with support? this one confused me. my bad.

The Poll Question is actually "Will you support TFC this Saturday against RSL?"

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-16-2009, 10:53 AM

its funny TFC fans calling for Cummins head after he won us a trophy and near a playoff spot and the shite leaf fans dont say anything about Wilson and Burke getting canned with NO wins this season....TFC fans need to lighten up a bit....we are not the Losers on Town they play at the dome and the ACC ...Come on you Reds!!!:scarf:

Section 117
10-16-2009, 11:23 AM
its funny TFC fans calling for Cummins head after he won us a trophy and near a playoff spot and the shite leaf fans dont say anything about Wilson and Burke getting canned with NO wins this season....TFC fans need to lighten up a bit....we are not the Losers on Town they play at the dome and the ACC ...Come on you Reds!!!:scarf:

I could care less about the Leafs, and yes there is talk about Wilson getting canned or Burke would not have stated to ESPN that a lot of players would go before he fired Wilson for the record.

More importantly to the bolded portion of your comment. Cummins has won us nothing. We were lucky to win the trophy. We won for two reasons: one Montreal fielded their reserve squad and if we didn't win it he should have been fired on the spot. Secondly, Dero carried the team that night. I know you don't like him but he had the hat trick and started our glorious come back. You have to call a spade a spade

But back to the thread we as supporters should always support the lads wearing the jersey. Toronto till I Die

Fort York Redcoat
10-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Okay this thread must've run its course if Mighty's talking Leafs.

mighty_torontofc_2008
10-16-2009, 11:37 AM
I could care less about the Leafs, and yes there is talk about Wilson getting canned or Burke would not have stated to ESPN that a lot of players would go before he fired Wilson for the record.

More importantly to the bolded portion of your comment. Cummins has won us nothing. We were lucky to win the trophy. We won for two reasons: one Montreal fielded their reserve squad and if we didn't win it he should have been fired on the spot. Secondly, Dero carried the team that night. I know you don't like him but he had the hat trick and started our glorious come back. You have to call a spade a spade

But back to the thread we as supporters should always support the lads wearing the jersey. Toronto till I Die

Yes Dero had a great game..no one could ever question that..Montreals
effort was not the best but they didnt fold like a cheap tent in a storm either TFC was the better team.Cummins selected the team that day and should be given some credit from the TFC faithful i hope hes back next season playoff or not as he deserves another chance and with grass coming in and a better chance to bring in better quality players, give the
man one more season, if we start slow in the first month of action next season then can him.

Section 117
10-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Yes Dero had a great game..no one could ever question that..Montreals
effort was not the best but they didnt fold like a cheap tent in a storm either TFC was the better team.Cummins selected the team that day and should be given some credit from the TFC faithful i hope hes back next season playoff or not as he deserves another chance and with grass coming in and a better chance to bring in better quality players, give the
man one more season, if we start slow in the first month of action next season then can him.

But when a team of profesional players (TFC) plays against a CPSL team which is pretty much what Montreal were I could have coached that team and won the game. IMO it was all on the players.

I personally don't think he is coming back and I don't think he deserves a second chance as his lack of consitent formation, horrible substitutions and lack of finishing off games is why he is better of as a number 2 back in England or in a youth academy