PDA

View Full Version : Robbo's Blog & He's Not Happy

ChrisLav
10-12-2009, 12:31 AM
"One of the trialists we had in ran straight into me with his head, BANG!, i knew something had happened. I continued to train with an ice pack in my hand but went straight to hospital to find out what was going on."

"Now i know that this was an accident but it should never of happened. In the lead up to one of the most important games of the season,in the history of the club, this incident happened. I am seething with what has happened."

http://www.robbo33.com/blog/2009/10/11/season-over-for-me/

Obviously he was wondering why trialists are out there during a playoff push like others.

TFCUNITED
10-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Another pretty good blog by Robbo. To bad he got injured and is out for the season. He may not of played great this year but I wouldn't mind having him back next year especially if the cap goes.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-12-2009, 01:35 AM
as well as his salary.
Ill be surprised if hes back next year to be honest

Pachuco
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Interesting. Looks like Robbo himself doesn't believe those trialists should've been out on the pitch with him. I don't know if it was Mo making Cummins play them or Cummins choosing to play them, either way, I think it was a bad decision on their part.

canadian_bhoy
10-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Robbo criticising the club? Mo will have him packing soon.

CoachGT
10-12-2009, 10:56 AM
^^Cummins has already questioned why they were there in the media.

InTheCrowd
10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Holy crap we can't blame Mo for bringing in trialists. This could've happened at any practice with any players. Just because it so happened to be a trialist let's all hate Mo.

canadian_bhoy
10-12-2009, 11:00 AM
^^Cummins has already questioned why they were there in the media.

I don't think Cummins cares if Mo likes him at this point. He'll be happy to see that back of Toronto too when this season is done.

Pachuco
10-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Holy crap we can't blame Mo for bringing in trialists. This could've happened at any practice with any players. Just because it so happened to be a trialist let's all hate Mo.

You don't get it, it's Robbo's comments which make this interesting. This time it isn't the supporters, it's the player. You are right, it could have been any player at any practice, but it wasn't. It was probably an onverly agressive trialist playing for a contract. Two players who have a huge game coming up may pull back so that doesn't happen. This is the most serious injury we've had all year and it happened in practice with a trialist, believe me, not a coincidence.

InTheCrowd
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
You don't get it, it's Robbo's comments which make this interesting. This time it isn't the supporters, it's the player. You are right, it could have been any player at any practice, but it wasn't. It was probably an onverly agressive trialist playing for a contract. Two players who have a huge game coming up may pull back so that doesn't happen. This is the most serious injury we've had all year and it happened in practice with a trialist, believe me, not a coincidence.

I think that this is a possibility however I still believe this could happen anytime with anyone. I know that it is Robbo saying it and he along with some others probably know what happened best. Still I believe that this was coincidence.

squarehead
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I think that this is a possibility however I still believe this could happen anytime with anyone. I know that it is Robbo saying it and he along with some others probably know what happened best. Still I believe that this was coincidence.

"coincidence"? that a non employee of our club, with only HIS personal interest in mind because of that, was mixing it up with our STARTING players? How is that a matter of chance and not a decision?

yes - the actual injury is an accident, but the situation that set up that accident was a result of a very BAD DECISION BY SOMEONE... example - if you crash a car drunk, it's still an "accident", with the leading cause of the accident being the decision to get behind the wheel hammered

InTheCrowd
10-12-2009, 05:03 PM
But tell me how many times this has happened when we've brought in trialists.

squarehead
10-12-2009, 05:14 PM
so, according to your logic - people should continue to make bad decisions UNTIL they bite them in the ass? rofl

InTheCrowd
10-12-2009, 05:21 PM
so, according to your logic - people should continue to make bad decisions UNTIL they bite them in the ass? rofl

No, where'd you get this idea? Nobody thought it was a bad decision until something bad happened. It's your opinion that it's a bad decision. For example I'll pick up every 5 dollar bill I see on the street until one day somebody steps on my hand. It doesn't mean it was a bad decision to pick up the 5 dollar bill. Shit happens and my hand can also get stepped on when I bend down to tie my shoe.

rofl

T.Reis
10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Robbo criticising the club? Mo will have him packing soon.

As well he should! I like Robo as much as the next guy and i can understand why he's pissed but that's something you go to talk to Mo or CC in their office and then case closed. You don't put it out there in the media.

What the hell is going on with this club specifically with players/people throwing down certain comments on Blogs/Twitter/Facebook? lol!

If it's not Rohan it's Robo, if it's not Robo it's Cummmins wife. I think it's time for Mo to start a no online comments policy. Only talk to the media when requested/required and that's it. lol.

Like i mentioned yesterday in another post (Cummins wife and Facebook) I know times are changing and everything is so internet based now, but there's just something that rub's me (Oh yeah baby!) the wrong way when a players uses an online forum to get a message across. It's one thing to just interact with fans but some of these posts about certain thoughts/feelings by players are............. ahhhhhh i don't know........just so damn not the right place for it.

Then again gives me something pointless to go on and on about while I waste away time at work! lol!

Lucky Strike
10-12-2009, 06:16 PM

It's a lose-lose situation for Mo in this case. Regardless of how I feel about him, consider the following:

- At first, I felt like "IntheCrowd" that it could have happened any time, anywhere with any player and that hindsight is 20-20.
- But after thinking about it for a little while, I feel more like Pachuco. Right now is not the time for trialists. While they're not intending to cause any harm, they're looking for a job and especially because there are 3 of them, they need to stand out so they'll play harder and they won't care about the team's situation (chasing playoffs and so on).
- But how many of us would be calling for Mo's head if he decline to bring in these trialists until after the season but because of that, some other team grabbed them (or grabbed one of them, and the other two weren't worth our while anyway)? I mean we'd be pissed at Mo not moving fast enough or not having the foresight to see this coming.

It really is a tough spot, it's really easy to blame and criticize. In fact, I do so when it's appropriate - I don't hesitate. But I'm not sure it's right in this situation. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation and it's too easy to point out what you could have done to prevent it.

Right now, we and the team are mad that

rocker
10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I say you trial players whenever the players are available.

We always complain that Mo waits too long in the early part of the year before signing guys. Trialing now is a good idea.

It was a fluke thing that's never happened when any player has trialed before, so just accept that flukes happen, and don't try to place blame.

Anyhow, I don't think we really lost anything to be honest.

InTheCrowd
10-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I say you trial players whenever the players are available.

We always complain that Mo waits too long in the early part of the year before signing guys. Trialing now is a good idea.

It was a fluke thing that's never happened when any player has trialed before, so just accept that flukes happen, and don't try to place blame.

Anyhow, I don't think we really lost anything to be honest.

I agree 100%!

Kaz
10-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Normally Trailist don't play in a team practice match like this, and usually the are playing in a reserve match. This isn't a situation that you get very often, and it was a bad one. These guys coudn't make it for their scheduled trial, and Mo rescheduled now. The were told to go easy, they didn't and this happened. This was poor decision making.

This is a Mo issue, the game was a Cummins issue.

TFC Tifoso
10-13-2009, 09:24 AM
What are trialists doing here with 2 games left in the season anyways? Didn't Mo have ummmm, oh I don't know, like the whole fucking season to bring in trialists?!?!

TFC Tifoso
10-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Normally Trailist don't play in a team practice match like this, and usually the are playing in a reserve match. This isn't a situation that you get very often, and it was a bad one. These guys coudn't make it for their scheduled trial, and Mo rescheduled now. The were told to go easy, they didn't and this happened. This was poor decision making.

This is a Mo issue, the game was a Cummins issue.

so the "dynamic duo" strikes again :rolleyes:......

Hitcho
10-13-2009, 12:00 PM
You can;t have triallists ina nd not let them train with the team. Otherwise it;s a pointless exercise and you learn nothing.

But at the same time it si down to the coaches to say "listen, hold back, don't go in hard, this is a training session and we've got some big games coming up, so if you want to be considered then keep it sensible or fuck off".

Cummins himself said in his Tuesday presser that you had to "hold them back" or something. Well as soon as that became clear you pull them aside and tell them to ease off or fuck off.

Bottom line is it's an accident but real question is could it have been avoided with better management of the situation?

Oldtimer
10-13-2009, 12:22 PM
THIS morning the County Times email hotline received the regular column from former Welsh midfielder Carl Robinson - or so we thought.

Carl, who as most readers will know writes a weekly column for the sports pages, had sent an email.

But unfortunately the message simply read: “I am in hospital as I have fractured cheekbone, so unable to write this week. Sorry! Carl.”

Well it’s not good enough... seriously, everyone at the County Times wishes you a speedy recovery Carl.

http://www.countytimes.co.uk/news/79829/bnp-supporter-s-challenge-if-he-can-spell-that-and-get-well-carl.aspx