PDA

View Full Version : Cummins' wife defending him on Facebook?

DangerRed
10-11-2009, 12:53 PM
This is posted on the Facebook page of the TFC after Cummins caught some flack from the fans for last nights draw.

Gina Kirby-Cummins (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509170133)my chris is a great coach !!! thanks erica xxx suppose someone has to take the blame ?? just didn't think people were that thick '' Rohan'' why don't u apply for head coach position you ob can do better lol .. ohh just rem bring ur own strings or else it will be painfull !!!

6 hours ago

Gina Kirby-Cummins (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509170133)my hubby has done a great job !! you all have a very short memory i think tfc did win a cup not long ago....don't you all think he would much rather be back in enland with his family ?
than listening to fans who think they can do better......

3 hours ago

What do you guys think about her comments, assuming it's really his wife -- which it sounds like it is.

TFC_Chris
10-11-2009, 12:56 PM
And Avram Grant was a post away from winning the Champions League and he still got canned.

No ones job is safe on an underperforming team. It comes with the territory. If you don't want to be criticized for your team's performance, don't take the job.

/rant

Dirk Diggler
10-11-2009, 12:58 PM
LOL ... was Rohan Ricketts talking shit about Cummins on the facebook page?

uncle p
10-11-2009, 12:59 PM
don't you all think he would much rather be back in enland with his family ?

Tell her she can have him, also if she cant take the fans or media in Toronto's football world, good luck in Europe!!

DOMIN8R
10-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I think this thread is crossing the line. Posting writtings from Facebook pages that belong to the coach's wife is in bad taste.

From where I sit, this is personal and a spouses feelings does not relate to TFC.

I'm sure many will argue if it's on Facebook it's not presonal. But it's CC's wife - not CC.

grizzle
10-11-2009, 01:05 PM
This thread is retarded... call him what you want, but leave his family out of it. IMO this thread should be locked/deleted.

Dirk Diggler
10-11-2009, 01:07 PM
I think this thread is crossing the line. Posting writtings from Facebook pages that belong to the coach's wife is in bad taste.

From where I sit, this is personal and a spouses feelings does not relate to TFC.

I'm sure many will argue if it's on Facebook it's not presonal. But it's CC's wife - not CC.

I think the excerpts are from the TFC page on facebook ... not his wife's wall.

uncle p
10-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Are her comments not posted on an open group for all facebookers to see? can someone confirm this? If so i think it should be open for discussion but probably better suited for the off topic forum as this is not news

WHITEY
10-11-2009, 01:08 PM
This thread is retarded... call him what you want, but leave his family out of it. IMO this thread should be locked/deleted.

This thread may be retarded, but it is his wife (if it is even his wife) posting comments in response to the negativity surrounding her husband so is she not opening herself up to threads like this?

DOMIN8R
10-11-2009, 01:09 PM

Thanks for clarifying that. My feelings are still the same on this issue. I don't think it needs to be discussed in a SG's open forum.

DOMIN8R
10-11-2009, 01:10 PM
WAGs and kids should be off limits out of respect.

Dirk Diggler
10-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks for clarifying that. My feelings are still the same on this issue. I don't think it needs to be discussed in a SG's open forum.

I agree with this and the subsequent post ... people need to show some respect to the family and, heck, even Cummins himself, irrespective of how irrational and ridiculous their comments seem.

grizzle
10-11-2009, 01:14 PM

Ah, I misunderstood... I thought these were on her wall which only a few people have access to. Who is Erica Cummins then? They should really learn to ignore fan comments.

rocker
10-11-2009, 01:16 PM

then they shouldn't post in a public forum.

the respect comes for someone's private life. If they want to remain private, they shouldn't post on public boards. I would totally have been pissed if this thread was based on taking someone's private facebook posts and putting them online. But she and the other Cummins family member went on a public thread (like coming on this board) and posted messages against a TFC fan named Rohan.

this is the public thread

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509170133#/pages/Toronto-FC/10611651804?ref=ts

MrHawk
10-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Mayb her hubby cud coach TFC 2 another cup win next year huh?????

DangerRed
10-11-2009, 01:39 PM

The fuck? She posted in an open thread for the entire world to see. How's that off limits???

DangerRed
10-11-2009, 01:53 PM

Wow -- and both you guys are full RPB members? This is definitely not the supporter group for me. I'm outta here, nice knowing ya.

king dave
10-11-2009, 01:57 PM
My thoughts on anything Facebook related still stand.
What an unbelievable waste of time and energy.
I don't give a rats ass if those comments are those of his wife or not.
He was and still is an interim coach who the FO unfortunately decided to keep with fingers crossed instead of getting a proper MLS coach months ago.
We all know who is responsible for this.
KD.

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Guys...the mods are discussing this. Normally the wives and families are off-limits yes. However, the wife made a stupid mistake in posting something on a public forum and there is a valid argument in favour of allowing discussion on this because of that.

Until a decision is made, this thread will be kept open but take note: mods are watching very carefully. Anything out of line will be infracted immediately. This is the only warning.

DangerRed, I don't know what "image" you have of supporters group, but whatever it is, if it somehow justifies not respecting a player or coach's family...then by all means, please don't return.

werewolf
10-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow -- and both you guys are full RPB members? This is definitely not the supporter group for me. I'm outta here, nice knowing ya.

yea, the opinions of these two members represent the hundres of other members we have.

:rolleyes:

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 02:01 PM
yea, the opinions of these two members represent the hundres of other members we have.

:rolleyes:

I am tired of non-members using that broad-brush approach to opinions on this board.

MartinUtd
10-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I've got to agree with the sentiment that the players and management's family is off limits. However, if they first cross the line into the public foyer then I have no problem with any colourful response.

WHITEY
10-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I've got to agree with the sentiment that the players and management's family is off limits. However, if they first cross the line into the public foyer then I have no problem with any colourful response.

To to certain degree, I mean they open themselves up for comment/discussion on their comments/posts. But crossing the line into personal attacks is not cool either.

BC101
10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
a wife defending her husband.... Excuse me whilst I conceal my shock and horror.

manic.street.preacher
10-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Gina Kirby-Cummins (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509170133)my hubby has done a great job !! you all have a very short memory i think tfc did win a cup not long ago....don't you all think he would much rather be back in enland with his family ?
^i think that had less to do with CC, and more to do with Dero carrying the entire squad on his back

grizzle
10-11-2009, 02:13 PM

I posted that before I realized she posted on a public space. Even then I am not sure what there really is to "discuss" about her comments other than the fact that shes an idiot for posting crap like that on a public space.

Pigfynn
10-11-2009, 02:16 PM
None of this matters...the man is done here in a couple weeks, no matter what happens next or who defends him.

rocker
10-11-2009, 02:23 PM
is that other chick his sister? not bad...

Pachuco
10-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Yikes, if I was Cummins I'd cut off my wife's computer access. Really, it's retarded for a player's wife to go on some facebook public group to defend her husband. What does she think? that she's actually going to get a reasonable discussion going?

Bad, bad idea.

FluSH
10-11-2009, 02:27 PM

I'm with you here... I'm not about to turn this into a smut gossip board...

Dirk Diggler
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM

You don't want to associate yourself with people who are asking others to show some respect to our coach and his wife? I don't think there are a whole lot of other supporter groups that might share the same opinion as you.

Pachuco
10-11-2009, 02:32 PM
To say that her husband would rather be in England is retarted. As far as I'm concerned, it's fair game.

rocker
10-11-2009, 02:44 PM
who disrespected Cummins family? huh?

guys, go read the facebook thread. Some dude named Rohan (not Ricketts) criticized Cummins' tactics, and then his sister or wife, not sure which it is, said "could you do a better job? not bloody likely!"

Fair game when you basically criticize a fan for holding an opinion.

Dirk Diggler
10-11-2009, 02:49 PM
And we are expecting his WIFE and his SISTER to have a rational opinion about Cummins and his competence as a coach? Ok there.

ArmenJBX
10-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I wonder if CC knows this was posted. In any case, I'm not going to be discussing this topic. A wife defends her husband, who wouldda thought. She made a mistake. Let's leave it at that. No need to scrutinize this.

Let's all show some respect and leave her out of this.

rocker
10-11-2009, 02:52 PM
And we are expecting his WIFE and his SISTER to have a rational opinion about Cummins and his competence as a coach? Ok there.

so you're agreeing with me that then she's fair game.

respect goes both ways.

if you don't want people peering into your family life, you don't engage fans on message boards.

Dirk Diggler
10-11-2009, 02:54 PM

thanks

Not exactly ... but if people think that taking shots at his wife is fair game than sure ... more power to them ... what ever reaffirms their masculinity I guess.

BC101
10-11-2009, 02:56 PM

respect goes both ways.

if you don't want people peering into your family life, you don't engage fans on message boards.
wow......

Dirk Diggler
10-11-2009, 02:57 PM

Who knows what circumstances those comments were made under? I don't think they were out there looking to stymie any discussion about Cummins as a coach. Maybe a friend saw the discussion first and sent them the link. Should they have refrained from commenting on it? Yes ... would I expect them to react rationally after reading comments like those? Absolutely not.

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Rational or unbiased?

Those are two different things.

They can certainly side with Cummins. But a reasonable person would know not to behave like they have.

Other WAGS know to stay out of the public eye. That's how they stay protected from public comments. Straying from that practice is a decision they chose. This isn't about "reaffirming masculinity"...let's keep inflammatory rhetoric away as much as possible please.

Marc"2L"
10-11-2009, 03:00 PM
This needs to end now.

Auzzy
10-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Folks, this is continuing. Someone purporting to be related to Chris Cummins has again posted to the same public Internet forum only about 30 minutes ago -- about 8 hours after first engaging & getting in a public discussion with TFC fans.

Anyway, I think it's always a good idea to stay civil in any public forum (including this one), but this is definitely interesting.

Dirk Diggler
10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Just checked the facebook page myself .... the wife seems to have removed her comment blurbs ... not open season anymore I suppose?

Blizzard
10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Rational or unbiased?

Those are two different things.

.... or emotional?

We've all reacted in emotion at one point in time or another .... and then we later realize we should not have done so.

In this case, discussion is fine but really, let's not get insulting of these people.

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
.... or emotional?

We've all reacted in emotion at one point in time or another .... and then we later realize we should not have done so.

In this case, discussion is fine but really, let's not get insulting of these people.

Absolutely agreed. Which is why I posted a warning when we realized what she started.

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Just checked the facebook page myself .... the wife seems to have removed her comment blurbs ... not open season anymore I suppose?

It never was open season to begin with.

ensco
10-11-2009, 03:31 PM
a wife defending her husband.... Excuse me whilst I conceal my shock and horror.

I just learned the sun will rise in the east tomorrow. Check it out!

grizzle
10-11-2009, 03:32 PM
who disrespected Cummins family? huh?

There were some posts when this thread started that seemed to be jabs at them (which was why I posted that this thread was retarded in the first place), but they have since been deleted.

T.Reis
10-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Taking what Cummins' wife wrote on Facebook and posting it here so others can see = douchbagish and/or pathetic!

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Taking what Cummins' wife wrote on Facebook and posting it here so others can see = douchbagish and/or pathetic!

Interesting. How so? She didn't do it on someone's private wall, which would be a different story. She did it on the public Toronto FC fan page which is as public as a quote in a newspaper. What exactly makes it douchebaggish? If it was an ex-player like Rohan Ricketts, would it be off-limits?

WHITEY
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Interesting. How so? She didn't do it on someone's private wall, which would be a different story. She did it on the public Toronto FC fan page which is as public as a quote in a newspaper. What exactly makes it douchebaggish? If it was an ex-player like Rohan Ricketts, would it be off-limits?

HAHA fuck Rickett's twitter updates were constantly getting copied and pasted on here LOL

ilikemusic
10-11-2009, 04:22 PM

3 hours ago

He would?

So why is he wasting his time here then?

TFC OZZ
10-11-2009, 04:40 PM
This thread is unbelievable.

WHITEY
10-11-2009, 04:42 PM
This thread is unbelievable.

Not really, what's unbelievable is that there is butter that's not butter

TFC07
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks for posting this! Nice to know that CC rather be in England than here (according to his wifey's comment).

I think TFC should let him go now and let Dichio coach rest of the season. :D

THA BUTCHA
10-11-2009, 05:03 PM
I think TFC should let him go now and let Dichio coach rest of the season. :D

HA Brilliant Idea.

The season is toast. Why not honor him by making him head coach FOR 2 Games ONLY.

@ this point anything is better than Cummins

nascarguy
10-11-2009, 05:06 PM

I'm sure many will argue if it's on Facebook it's not presonal. But it's CC's wife - not CC. yes this page should be close down and someone has to call tfc and tell them to clean up there act online or they could lose our support I'm sick of see this bull shit keep going on. if the team does not clean up the this bull shit I'm gone. I have friends in dc and have no trouble flying there once a month for a game.

TFC07
10-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Is it me or do these British coaches/staff/relatives have a hard time handling 'pressure' from our media and fanbase? I thought these British coaches/staff wouldn't have any trouble handling our media and fanbase since they have a history of facing British media and fans who put way more pressure on them than we do. Carver obviously can't handle Toronto media, while Mo is scared to face Toronto media when things go sour and now we have CC wife (and sister too?) going on public site to defend him.

This is just weird to me.

HA Brilliant Idea.

The season is toast. Why not honor him by making him head coach FOR 2 Games ONLY.

@ this point anything is better than Cummins

Agreed. :)

Canary Canuck
10-11-2009, 05:10 PM
She's probably being honest about her husband rather being in England. Fact is that he's nothing more than a youth coach that never played pro. Being able to add professional head coaching experience to his resume is the only reason he's here.

T.Reis
10-11-2009, 05:41 PM

I just think it makes fans look pathetic when they go looking for drama. It's facebook, not an official TFC press release.

I would have given credit to the original poster if it was something along the lines of seeing one of your friends at the pub or work and saying "hey, did u see that thing on facebook the Cummings's wife wrote?"

But going on a forum and posting something to let everyone have at it just seems high schoolish.

I don't know how to feel about Ricketts, it shouldn't be an issue but he should have known better. But someones wife? even if she herself should have known better still, makes certain fans look like they reached a new low.

You want to talk about on the field stuff and what someone said in an interview then go for it, but off the field stuff said by a family member, Who cares?

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 05:51 PM
You may not, but when she posts it electronically on a fan site...well...I wouldn't exactly call that fans "looking" for drama.

Either way...you think it's douchebaggy (without any substantial reason I might add)...I probably wouldn't do it myself...but the public nature of the action puts it in the public domain.

With no rules broken, it's still free and clear to be discussed.

LucaGol
10-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm so glad Cummins is doing us a favour by coaching our bush league team.

If these comments represent Chris Cummins' sentiment as well as his wife's, he's quite the John Carver junior with his pomp and "I'm too good for this league" attitude. Well he can f off back to England for all I care.

I sincerely hope that next season we hire a competent coach, but above all else, one that genuinely wants to be in our great city, coaching TFC.

As for the out of bounds bit .... no one is having a run at his family. Facebook and Twitter are the new media ... if its out there ... it's news. This is how it works nowadays, no?

T.Reis
10-11-2009, 06:14 PM
You may not, but when she posts it electronically on a fan site...well...I wouldn't exactly call that fans "looking" for drama.

Either way...you think it's douchebaggy (without any substantial reason I might add)...I probably wouldn't do it myself...but the public nature of the action puts it in the public domain.

With no rules broken, it's still free and clear to be discussed.

Ofcourse u can discuss it. You can take poll's on it, create chat lines for it or even have a meeting to discuss how to react to it. Hey man, I'm huge on that because unlike a lot (but not all) of people these days I still remember that 45,000 Canaidans died between 1939 and 1945 to make sure you have the right to discuss whatever the hell it is u want to.

But the fact that certain people decide to exercise that right on what a coaches wife said on Facebook (of all places) I would declare to have crossed the line on what is news worthy and what is clearly not.

Again, talk amongst the boyz, Fine! Posted on a forum to get the word out there. Lacks class!

I know we live in the "new modern world" people and some of us like me got to learn to adapt to it but still, facebook! C'mon!

FC Porto
10-11-2009, 06:17 PM
^ Ouch!!!!! Bitch Slap!

Maybe Cummings wife can post how to defend in the lat 10 minutes on facebook also.

FC Porto
10-11-2009, 06:19 PM

If these comments represent Chris Cummins' sentiment as well as his wife's, he's quite the John Carver junior with his pomp and "I'm too good for this league" attitude. Well he can f off back to England for all I care.

I sincerely hope that next season we hire a competent coach, but above all else, one that genuinely wants to be in our great city, coaching TFC.

As for the out of bounds bit .... no one is having a run at his family. Facebook and Twitter are the new media ... if its out there ... it's news. This is how it works nowadays, no?

If CC is gone then maybe Yallop could come in? Might as well have a Canadian coach no?

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Ofcourse u can discuss it. You can take poll's on it, create chat lines for it or even have a meeting to discuss how to react to it. Hey man, I'm huge on that because unlike a lot (but not all) of people these days I still remember that 45,000 Canaidans died between 1939 and 1945 to make sure you have the right to discuss whatever the hell it is u want to.

But the fact that certain people decide to exercise that right on what a coaches wife said on Facebook (of all places) I would declare to have crossed the line on what is news worthy and what is clearly not.

Again, talk amongst the boyz, Fine! Posted on a forum to get the word out there. Lacks class!

I know we live in the "new modern world" people and some of us like me got to learn to adapt to it but still, facebook! C'mon!

LOL! This post made me laugh.

Derko
10-11-2009, 06:26 PM

I agree!!

T.Reis
10-11-2009, 06:27 PM
LOL! This post made me laugh.

That's what I'm here for! :D

T.Reis
10-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I agree!!

I would also like it deleted! It my vote counts for anything around here!

ofer
10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
once it`s on public board it`s free for all with manner and respect.
what I have seen from CC so far he must go the sooner the better,
yes we can blame the players not able to play 90+ mins. the coach/manager the sa should responds and he didn`t , CC must go

TFC OZZ
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM

Me too, although you seem to mean it sarcastically, I'm quite serious. Out team is bush-league, because there's no stability. He's telling them to push up, and they're all sitting back on defense waiting for the goal to be scored.

And what if those aren't his comments?? You didn't seem to post what you're thoughts were if they weren't. This is why this thread should not be discussed, because people are eventually going to start acting like what his "wife" said are his sentiments as well.:picard:

Batman
10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
As much as I feel once CCs wife posted on facebeook. technically, it opens it up to public discussion, but on a personal level, I like CC, and feel we should let this go.

He and his wife are obviously going through a lot. He's done his best.

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 08:21 PM
If no new points are made, there is no advantage in keeping the discussion open. It was always a sensitive thread. Unless we see benefit in more discussion, we will close it soon. Hopefully Mrs. Cummins decides against doing this sort of thing again. It really opens them up for scrutiny they don't need.

Auzzy
10-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks to the mods for helping to keep this conversation above board. Most of the comments discussed above have now been removed from Facebook so there's probably not much more to discuss. Just to clarify: the Facebook page we're talking about is totally open & public, has about 11,000 "fans" (people following it), and is actually the official Facebook page set up by the club itself. Nothing private copied from someone's personal site or the like. In fact, you don't even have to have a Facebook account or be logged in to view these pages, it's at least as public as this RPB forum, here's the public Internet link.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toronto-FC/10611651804

Brooker
10-11-2009, 09:02 PM
lol.... gotta love it

Roogsy
10-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Looks like the administrator of the fan page has edited them out. Since no new points have been made, we'll do the same here. Since the season is pretty much on ice at this point, I hope the attention of most people on this board gets directed at helping us finish off the banner for Danny Dichio and helping us pay tribute to him on Saturday.

king dave
10-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Looks like the administrator of the fan page has edited them out. Since no new points have been made, we'll do the same here. Since the season is pretty much on ice at this point, I hope the attention of most people on this board gets directed at helping us finish off the banner for Danny Dichio and helping us pay tribute to him on Saturday.
Thanks Roogs.
I'm in for the count tomorrow.
Thanks to all who orchestrated it.
LET'S FUCKING DO IT!!!
KD.

MUFC_Niagara
10-11-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm with you here... I'm not about to turn this into a smut gossip board...

Honestly, this thread has to go mods. When is enough, enough. Cummins has been bashed since he started with the culmination in this thread. Get a fucking life people! Hoesntly, do you have nothing better to do than scurry around Facebook reading Cummins wife's facebook? :facepalm: x 1,000,000.

JDG
10-11-2009, 09:16 PM
fin/