PDA

View Full Version : Send a message: Don't go next week

greatwhitenorf
10-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Empty house from season ticket holders or supporters groups would make it abundantly clear how we feel.

I have nothing good to say about how this season ends. So perhaps by avoiding the joint altogether, I and like-minded supporters can make the strongest possible statement.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Go as long as we have a chance.

Want to send a real message? No more buying MLSE merchandise or ANY other shit at BMO Field.

When they see the profit figures then they'll get the message.

DowntownTO
10-10-2009, 05:48 PM
That's a great idea! I agree completely!...

but... anyone wanna pass me their "boycotted" ticket(s)? ;)

shwade
10-10-2009, 05:52 PM
it was pretty empty today still.

greatwhitenorf
10-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Just let me finish wiping my backside with them and they're all yours. Face value, too.

flatpicker
10-10-2009, 05:59 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_h2Me8fvn0DQ/SMGyo2l0gwI/AAAAAAAAAsM/FsvTMxVwge8/S660/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

T.O TILL I DIE
10-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Empty house from season ticket holders or supporters groups would make it abundantly clear how we feel.

I have nothing good to say about how this season ends. So perhaps by avoiding the joint altogether, I and like-minded supporters can make the strongest possible statement.

SRY IM A TRUE FAN AND ILL GO TO ALL THE HOME GAMEs!
and i think every other true supporter will watch AND chear on there team throught the good and bad times!:canada::scarf:

MFG1
10-10-2009, 06:05 PM
What and miss another tie? or if we are lucky a well fought out loss? after three years this team cannot still put together a two person pass.

When do you think our 2010 season tickets will come???

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 06:09 PM
I heard that next week they are giving out mirrors so that when your at the game you can see yourself getting screwed.

greatwhitenorf
10-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I remember how good it felt on the final day of year one, when Dichio lobbed in that fabulous goal and brought the house down in a delirious celebration.

We weren't good then, but everything felt right.

After today, everything feels wrong. Very wrong. This was a pathetic effort throughout the full 90 minutes. We're rested for two weeks, playing a really poor team that comes in on only two days rest and we can't put them comfortably away.

Yeah, this thread sucks because our team sucked today. They absolutely hoovered down medicine balls today. They were heartless and uncommitted. They weren't playing like a team desperate to win.

And if they can't bring that 90-minute committment to a game at this time of year, they're not worth supporting for one lousy, sure-to-be meaningless game next week. They and team management need to be met by the worst possible response to this pathetic effort - deafening, sickening, foreboding silence and vacant seats in the stands. A glimpse of things to come if things don't change.

A clear message to all involved at TFC that if this sort of unacceptable effort isn't erased next year, soccer fans will not be understanding or tolerant. And the way to make that message resonate is to ensure that huge tracts of empty seats and idle concession and merchandise stalls.

The seats are mostly all paid for anyway.

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 06:22 PM
mlsintoronto and whoever else that works for MLSE that is on these boards needs to get the message across. PRODUCE ON THE FIELD, prices can't rise when we get nowhere. No playoffs but the prices go up. Makes absolutely no sense. On day one we were perfect, not a good team but a group of supporters that would die for their team and it didnt matter that we werent good. Now approaching the end of year 3, we are a bit better and less people are as crazy as they were day one and tickets are almost twice the price.

greatwhitenorf
10-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Crowd today was totally flat. Reflection of the unconvincing performance on the pitch.

Stood in 116 today and there were barely any chants or cheers. Zero singing. West stand was lifeless. Hate to think this is a vision of things to come, but that's what I see when I think of how this season is ending.

Honestly, the most disheartening Toronto soccer result I've ever experienced since the Blizzard lost to Tulsa Roughnecks in Soccer Bowl WTF-ever in Vancouver.

And what a way to disgrace and de-value the pink jerseys they'll be auctioning off to benefit breast cancer awareness. Why would you want to remind yourself of this sort of performance with a high-value bid for a shirt worn on a day when a promising season withered away to nothing?

I'm livid.

LesH
10-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Needs to be done what real supporters in serious European championships do after some repeatedly very bad games of there teams. They do not show up, for 1, 2 or even more home games, until the team at least improves a bit. Until at least they play with heart.

Next week BMO field should have about 5,000 people.

This is the only way that the FO can be really shown that the supporters are the only success of this franchise until now, and they can not ignore forever to put out a quality product on the playing field. Period.

Technorgasm
10-12-2009, 09:29 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_h2Me8fvn0DQ/SMGyo2l0gwI/AAAAAAAAAsM/FsvTMxVwge8/S660/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

how about you buck up
stop with the stupid "messages to management" BULLSHIT
and support your club when they need you.

I tell you I have never seen such crap
this is football, the results are what they are.
if you are a support er, thats what you do. . . support

the only way to effect the play on the field is through positive reinforscment
not adding to the pressure, and whining about when things dont go our way. . .

you think because you bought a ticket you are entitled to results?
talk to fans of any club around the world that have had a tough stretch. . . this is so fucking riddiculous it sickens me.

the FO will never give a flying fuck about not buying merch, or not showing up to games. .
they arleady have your money, mconsession $ comes from teh original rights to seel and not the product itself.

bithc about the results on a forum board or between friedns, but come game day
shove your negative banners, your blantant player bashing, and your ranting up your ass and enjoy the fact
that Toronto has its own football team to go see and support. . . I for one will never forget the YEARS and YEARS we had here without one.

forever Red - TFC

Rockin110
10-12-2009, 09:35 AM
How about the supporters giving up at the same time the team does. With 15 minutes left, get the whole stadium to stand up and walk out. Much the same way the team has done to the fans pretty much all season.

If the they won't listen to the coach, maybe they will listen to silence.

Flipityflu
10-12-2009, 09:45 AM
and how exactly do you think that by not showing up there is suddenly going to be a fix?

what message are you sending exactly? that if we fans don't have winners, we are not going to show up!! sorta kicks the shit out of the idea that we are actually good supporters doesn't it? if all supporters behaved like that, there would be no Leafs, no Cubs, no Liverpool, no Real Madrid, and i'm pretty sure that that the only teams showing up for the next World Cup would be Italy and Brazil.

v00d00daddy
10-12-2009, 09:55 AM
This topic has been discussed before and I've found that people are more concerned about being "good supporters" than they are about effecting any real change.

Nobody is saying to give up on this team forever. They're just suggesting a way to let the entire organization know, from players to management, that the supporters are not happy.

The only way to do it AND get noticed is during a game. It would be the most effective.

I don't think the only way to affect the outcome on the field is through positive reinforcement. Sometimes people need a kick in the ass.

Please tell me when the players have been given a "kick in the ass".

It's never happened because people are too afraid of the supporter police.

If you ask me...the fans aren't doing enough to hold management and the players accountable. (and that's not a shot at the supporters groups...i'm talking about all the fans...including myself)

Brooker
10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
fuck a boycott. show up for RSL and lets end the season on a high note!! we aren't eliminated from the playoffs yet. CMON YOU FUCKING REDS.

PERSONALLY I really don't think a message needs to be sent. Are you telling me they don't dream of the cash they could make for playoff games? and don't tell me they aren't dreaming of winning the cup. perfect excuse for jacking up ticket prices even more.... they'd LOVE it.

you really think they'd say to themselves "OH SHIT! They won't support a losing product! Why didn't we think of that before"

they know this isn't the leafs. they know people won't put up with it much longer.

canadian_bhoy
10-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I hope all the whiners and complainers don't show up to the final home game. The rest of us will have a great time!

I get on the club when they screw over the fans, raise prices or screw legendary players. But each gameday, it's time to enjoy football in your city.

The atmosphere at TFC used to be about celebration. I know the team hasn't given us much to celebrate this year, but what's the point in spending money to show up and complain about things.

Enjoy the last game of the season - You won't get another one until March.

v00d00daddy
10-12-2009, 10:08 AM
PERSONALLY I really don't think a message needs to be sent. Are you telling me they don't dream of the cash they could make for playoff games? and don't tell me they aren't dreaming of winning the cup. perfect excuse for jacking up ticket prices even more.... they'd LOVE it.

you really think they'd say to themselves "OH SHIT! They won't support a losing product! Why didn't we think of that before"

they know this isn't the leafs. they know people won't put up with it much longer.

fuck a boycott. show up for RSL and lets end the season on a high note!! we aren't eliminated from the playoffs yet. CMON YOU FUCKING REDS.

I hope you're right.

v00d00daddy
10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I hope all the whiners and complainers don't show up to the final home game. The rest of us will have a great time!

I get on the club when they screw over the fans, raise prices or screw legendary players. But each gameday, it's time to enjoy football in your city.

The atmosphere at TFC used to be about celebration. I know the team hasn't given us much to celebrate this year, but what's the point in spending money to show up and complain about things.

I appreciate your sentiment but if you're gonna call people whiners and complainers than I'm gonna call you a cheerleader and apologist.

I don't expect a champion or even a winner. I expect a team to do the little/simple things right. That's it. If we lose because we're outplayed or even outcoached I can live with that. I just can't stand when the team beats itself.

It's inexcusable..as much as you'd like to make excuses for them.

Also, if you're content with it just being the "hardcores" there, and all the whiners at home...pretty soon it will be just the hardcores...in a 3/4 empty stadium....and a short time after...there will be no team. I know this is an extreme scenario, but not out of the realm of possibility.

denime
10-12-2009, 10:18 AM

Don't tell me you gave up on Play offs already? ;)

Wild Cards
2. Seattle (10-7-11, 41 pts., 2 games remaining)
3. Colorado (10-8-10, 40 pts., 2 games remaining)
4. New England (10-10-8, 38 pts., 2 games remaining)
==
FC Dallas (10-12-6, 36 pts., 2 games remaining)
D.C. United (8-8-12, 36 pts., 2 games remaining)
Toronto FC (9-10-9, 36 pts., 2 games remaining)
Real Salt Lake (9-11-7, 34 pts., 3 games remaining)

Technorgasm
10-12-2009, 10:22 AM

+1

EAT IT

Pachuco
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
We are 2 points behind a playoff spot with 6 points up for grabs. You'd be an idiot not to go and support the team.

InTheCrowd
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
This is not Europe because we have playoffs and once you're in you're as in as anyone else. It's not over so let's be supporters and support. Cummins asked for the stadium to be rocking, and it wasn't exactly rocking. Not going to the game won't mean shit, the tickets are already paid for anyway. This will not help the players in any way. Show up to the game please everyone.

Flipityflu
10-12-2009, 10:32 AM
i guess i'm not going to be popular. i sent a message by renewing my tickets for next season.

Rudi
10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Also, if you're content with it just being the "hardcores" there, and all the whiners at home...pretty soon it will be just the hardcores...in a 3/4 empty stadium....and a short time after...there will be no team. I know this is an extreme scenario, but not out of the realm of possibility.
So not showing up on Saturday will just speed up that process then? What a sound, well thought out plan. Where do I sign up?

onemanbarmyarmy
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Is this the ghost of the pre-game thread? Man, some people just love to hear themselves talk, or read themselves type. Support how you like. Go and cheer, go and send a message, don't go and send a message. It's your choice.

ua-kozak_TFC
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
mlsintoronto and whoever else that works for MLSE that is on these boards needs to get the message across. PRODUCE ON THE FIELD, prices can't rise when we get nowhere. No playoffs but the prices go up. Makes absolutely no sense. On day one we were perfect, not a good team but a group of supporters that would die for their team and it didnt matter that we werent good. Now approaching the end of year 3, we are a bit better and less people are as crazy as they were day one and tickets are almost twice the price.
well actually it does make sense...Prices go up because the demands are high... Only time they will raely try to put a successful team ALA Seatle Sounders is whne the attendance falls dramatically. MLSE will never understand the Europian or South American Ideology of soccer which puts success first... they only see it as a buisness model. Don;t want to beat a dead bull since this has been talked about on the board to death. We are talking about 2 diferent world that talk 2 different languages. one is Money the other is passion...

MUFC_Niagara
10-12-2009, 10:48 AM
how about you buck up
stop with the stupid "messages to management" BULLSHIT
and support your club when they need you.

I tell you I have never seen such crap
this is football, the results are what they are.
if you are a support er, thats what you do. . . support

the only way to effect the play on the field is through positive reinforscment
not adding to the pressure, and whining about when things dont go our way. . .

you think because you bought a ticket you are entitled to results?
talk to fans of any club around the world that have had a tough stretch. . . this is so fucking riddiculous it sickens me.

the FO will never give a flying fuck about not buying merch, or not showing up to games. .
they arleady have your money, mconsession $ comes from teh original rights to seel and not the product itself.

bithc about the results on a forum board or between friedns, but come game day
shove your negative banners, your blantant player bashing, and your ranting up your ass and enjoy the fact
that Toronto has its own football team to go see and support. . . I for one will never forget the YEARS and YEARS we had here without one.

forever Red - TFC

:flare::scarf::drum: +11111111111

I am getting so sick of these stupid threads. Seriously, just support the fucking club! This board produces the most childish antics I have ever seen. I will be at the game because I am finally off on a match day and I am a TFC supporter through. Sure, I hate the poor results. But I don't come on here and call for everyone's head to rolll or try to stage yet another protest (:facepalm:).

Rudi
10-12-2009, 10:49 AM
well actually it does make sense...Prices go up because the demands are high... Only time they will raely try to put a successful team ALA Seatle Sounders is whne the attendance falls dramatically. MLSE will never understand the Europian or South American Ideology of soccer which puts success first... they only see it as a buisness model. Don;t want to beat a dead bull since this has been talked about on the board to death. We are talking about 2 diferent world that talk 2 different languages. one is Money the other is passion...
And winning makes more money.

Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

v00d00daddy
10-12-2009, 11:09 AM
So not showing up on Saturday will just speed up that process then? What a sound, well thought out plan. Where do I sign up?

Huh?

First of all, I'm not for a protest that involves not showing up on Saturday. I don't want to miss a game like that.

Secondly, how does protesting by not showing up on Saturday translate into never going to the stadium again?

This is the disconnect.

A display of how disappointed the fans are is a short, to the point message. Not some boycott of the team forever and ever.

Why is everything so cut and dry around here?

In terms of protests or whatever you want to call it...I liked the idea of the fans remaining quiet for some determined amount of time. No chanting...no cheering..no jumping.

Not the whole game.

No telling the players to fuck off or walking out of the stadium.

Just something noticeable.

I understand if some people don't like the idea...but why does it have to turn into mocking people and calling them whiners?

raj100
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM
support the club by not going to their games eh?

that'll make this team a hell of a lot better

p.s can i have your tickets?

dupont
10-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I'll be there next week standing and cheering as per usual. Looking forward to it!

Nodoubtguy
10-12-2009, 12:15 PM

wow....pretty sure if you can't handle 3 years without the playoffs you should walk away now

billyfly
10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Every game I also say I am going to send a message to my wallet and belly and NOT buy beer there at BMO. Every game I fail.

Oldtimer
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
My local team while I was living in France was OGC Nice.

They have gone 12 years without winning anything, and all they won 12 years ago was the France open Cup. It's been 20 years since they won the league.

3 years is nothing.

All of these "protest" ideas are based on the idea that we have to force the club to do something because "they don't care." Well, they certainly do care, they do want to win. Whether they are competent to turn things around.... well that waits to be seen. Cummins will be out. We'll see who MoJo will bring in and whether they can do better.

TFC_Chris
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
And winning makes more money.

Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

+1

Players salaries are fixed. Even if they make the playoffs or not. So if they make the playoffs (or CCL) MLSE is making more for all of the tickets/concessions/merchandise/etc. Are people actually saying that MLSE is INTENTIONALLY trying to lower their income?

As others have said, if you want to protest by not going, give me your tickets. I will go and scream my lungs out and give Dichio the proper sendoff he deserves.

trane
10-12-2009, 12:47 PM
SRY IM A TRUE FAN AND ILL GO TO ALL THE HOME GAMEs!
and i think every other true supporter will watch AND chear on there team throught the good and bad times!:canada::scarf:

I do not agree in a boycott that this time, we are still in it. But I am also, very, very , very tiered with this "crap about true supporters say nothing just grin an say more when they are being fed shit" crap.

v00d00daddy
10-12-2009, 12:49 PM
I do not agree in a boycott that this time, we are still in it. But I am also, very, very , very tiered with this "crap about true supporters say nothing just grin an say more when they are being fed shit" crap.

I agree 100%

TheRenter
10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
what a dumb thread.....like aren't we still in playoff contention?

i really hope this club loses some of its dead weight fans; nevermind its players, owners, management, etc, etc..

get a grip, sheesh!

Super
10-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Well, I hope people haven't forgotten that we actually do still have a chance at making the play-offs - however slim it may be. We need to win the next two, and then we need results to come our way in the other games as well, but there's a chance - so let's see this thing through by backing the team 100% on Saturday.

Also, TFC and MLSE stands to lose one heck of a lot of cash by us not making the play-offs, so the idea that MLSE wants the team to succeed less than we do is just stupid. We're talking millions of dollars in new revenue should we storm the play-offs. Tickets sold, merchandise, beer, food, TV-money, sponsorships. There's a big, fat zero dollars in it for MLSE if our season ends early. ALSO there is a risk that the renewal rate on SST's will be much lower than expected - and that produces bad press for the duration of the off-season. So let's just get one thing straight here: everybody, and that means EVERYBODY, attached to TFC in one way or another were absolutely gutted last Saturday. Everybody!

billyfly
Everyone has the right to be angry about what has happened to TFC over the last 3 years. This City wants (needs) a winner, any winner. I too strive for excellence and championships but just like Oldtimer points out -

there are clubs that have existed for over 100 years and have won 2, 3 maybe 5 things during that span.

This is my town and my team till the day I die. If this ain't your cup of tea, ces't la vie.

kaos197O
Personally if FO, the coaching staff and the players can't figure out that we are discontent with what has been transpiring on the pitch already they likely never will. The team was booed off the pitch for a solid 2 minutes and it certainly was the most unified the crowd had been all night so............I'm going to next weeks game, and I'm hoping they give us something to cheer about. If not.......I'll just sing for Danny all night long.......

v00d00daddy
10-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Everyone has the right to be angry about what has happened to TFC over the last 3 years. This City wants (needs) a winner, any winner. I too strive for excellence and championships but just like Oldtimer points out -

there are clubs that have existed for over 100 years and have won 2, 3 maybe 5 things during that span.

This is my town and my team till the day I die. If this ain't your cup of tea, ces't la vie.

It's stuff like this that makes me angry.

You've just said that you support the team a certain way and if it's not another persons cup of tea, well tough.

You people who talk about fucking clubs that have been around for 1000 years and not won much, i have one thing to say to you.

Who cares about those teams!

Just because some team has been content with being a "just happy to be here team", and they've been that way for 100 years, we should be content with our team turning out the same way?

Fine..if that's okay with you, great. To each his/her own. But why shit on the people that don't want to see that happen?

I can't believe this I'm a better supporter than you shit is still going on.

v00d00daddy
10-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Take a look at the 75th minute thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=17837

Look at the reaction...

It's basically...ah...this sucks. Or...shit, that ruined my day.

That's the extent of supporters getting upset about a brutal fact.

TFC shits the bed at the end of games so often that it prevents us from being near the top of the league...and our response is:

Cheer louder next game.

How much fucking sense does this make?

Now look at this thread from over a year ago:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4817

Reaction was the same. 1 year later....we're faced with the same situation and we've come up with the same result: Cheer louder.

I'm not saying that we should go to BMO with pitchforks but a clear message should be sent.

If we keep saying that "we're still in it" then the point never gets across. Do you think TFC management or the players are going to care in the off season? After we've missed the playoffs and the SSH renewals are done.

If we lose on Saturday...then what?

You know what happens? Nothing. By then it's too late.

We tribute Danny and another year goes down the toilet.

Flipityflu
10-12-2009, 02:42 PM
its not a matter of 'taking it'

its a matter of going out and having a good time at a footy match. yes, we want success, however i'm not going to suddenly take my toys home because it hasn't happened this year. a boycott will do nothing. do you really think a few empty seats is going to suddenly change everything. it won't.

Mark in Ottawa
10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Hmmm... protest by staying home with your tickets that are already paid for...
EPIC Fail!!

Make your stand by not spending any extra $$ on any extra merchandise or goods that ML$E will earn from.

Super
10-12-2009, 03:20 PM
It's FAR too late in the season for changes to be made - 2 games to go, what significant change can be made in so little time? So - that is why I think we should just go out there and try to enjoy the last two games. We probably won't make the play-offs, but that's life. The off-season is long and brutal, and it is during this time that changes will be made - be they changes in the team, or the coach, manager, or whatever. Also, quite frankly, I'm so fucking sick of the turf that I'm ready to cancel this year and fast forward to next year so we can watch the boys play on grass. FINALLY!

Dave67
10-12-2009, 04:15 PM

DichioTFC
10-12-2009, 04:46 PM

I was as upset as everyone else at the end of the last game but TFC still have a GOOD chance to make the playoffs. All naysayers should get their amphetamines and happy pills or stay at home and give your tickets to some real fans who WILL support the team.

Now is DEFINITELY not the time to protest. This thread really does suck. I know it wont be closed but it damn well should be.

DichioTFC
10-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, I hope people haven't forgotten that we actually do still have a chance at making the play-offs - however slim it may be. We need to win the next two, and then we need results to come our way in the other games as well, but there's a chance - so let's see this thing through by backing the team 100% on Saturday.

Also, TFC and MLSE stands to lose one heck of a lot of cash by us not making the play-offs, so the idea that MLSE wants the team to succeed less than we do is just stupid. We're talking millions of dollars in new revenue should we storm the play-offs. Tickets sold, merchandise, beer, food, TV-money, sponsorships. There's a big, fat zero dollars in it for MLSE if our season ends early. ALSO there is a risk that the renewal rate on SST's will be much lower than expected - and that produces bad press for the duration of the off-season. So let's just get one thing straight here: everybody, and that means EVERYBODY, attached to TFC in one way or another were absolutely gutted last Saturday. Everybody!

QFT!!!!!

egoodwin
10-12-2009, 05:39 PM
next weekend is for Dichio...

Suds
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Amen!

And I will be there to be a part of his tribute! There is a time and a place for everything. Next Saturday is Danny's Day and a day to celebrate having professional footy in Toronto. I'll save my bad vibes for another time.

On Saturday I'll be at the tailgate with all the other supporters gearing up for a fun day. Then into BMO to cheer on my team and show DD we appreciate the memories he's given us and the professionalism he has brought to such a young team. I can't wait to see the TIFO! Then out for beers with my fellow supporters after the game (win or lose).

Saturday I plan to have a great day! I will not be part of any protest or bad vibes towards my team.

You guys should come along for my ride Saturday. You'll have much more fun! :drinking:

:scarf:

jabbronies
10-12-2009, 06:19 PM

Agreed..lets not fuck up Dichio Day with yet another protest that will probably be half assed anyways.

AL-MO
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Agreed.

And we still have a chance at the playoffs so I'll be there, in full voice as usual.

And for those who say "Messages need to be sent" etc etc. I am usually one for sending it. (4 Teams, 0 titles etc) But now is not the time.

RPB will be there with our "Keep Fighting" Banner until the bitter end.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2009, 06:21 PM
As long as we have a chance of making the post-season, not showing up to the game is a pretty insane idea.

- Scott

jabbronies
10-12-2009, 06:23 PM
I think the boos that the team was greeted with at the end of the game was enough of a message to everyone linked to TFC that what happened there was bullshit.

The home team was booed off the fucking field. Not by the supporter, by the whole fucking stadium!!!

How much more of a message needs to get across??

Pookie
10-12-2009, 07:16 PM
How about the supporters giving up at the same time the team does. With 15 minutes left, get the whole stadium to stand up and walk out. Much the same way the team has done to the fans pretty much all season.

If the they won't listen to the coach, maybe they will listen to silence.

Yeah, uh... about half the "fans" pretty much did that on Saturday around the 80th minute. Wasn't in protest though... just being typical "Toronto" fans.

Oh and if you are thinking about a pre-game protest, nevermind. About the half the stadium can't figure out how to get there on time.

You could try to boycott the first 10 minutes of the second half... make the stadium look half empty... like we couldn't care less.... oh wait... nevermind.

I'm going next week. I'm bringing my voice. I don't jump on the bandwagon only when they are winning.

James Oliphant
10-12-2009, 07:17 PM
This weekend, I will be protesting the proposed protest by showing up.

And unlike the proposed protest, mine will involve my whole ass.

Whoop
10-12-2009, 07:21 PM
LOL

James you always kill me.

Derko
10-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I was also truly disappointed with the draw on Saturday but I will support my Football Club to the last game. Did Canada give up on the expeditionary force after Dieppe, did Britain give up during the Blitz, no they fought on and after time became good enough to defeat a stronger foe. Let's put it in Football terms, did Manchester United give up after the Munich disaster!! You people talk of boycotts and such, in my opinion are of very shallow character. You call yourselves supporters. I am disgusted, yes the blame for the result was poor coaching not poor effort, the call for a boycott, in my opinion, would be perceived as disrespect for the players, not a protest to management. Perception is reality, you idiots.

DOMIN8R
10-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Look. Another let's protest something else thread.

I'm going to protest this thread. Looks like most others are as well. Have you gotten the message?

greatwhitenorf
10-12-2009, 08:55 PM
It's all so very heartwarming to read these true love testimonials.

To a team, an organization, that lay down like sick dogs after two idle weeks of bingeing out in an alleyway dumpster.

Honestly, I've been as strong as anyone about supporting the building process and being patient. To the point where people wonder if I work for MLSE.

Saturday's effort was pukingly pathetic.

This team doesn't need another pat on the back, another facile, feeble song from the withering supporters' sections.

This team needs a healthy dose of tough love. We've all heard how things won't change with the Make BeLeaves until fans stop showing up. This team can't go that long.

One game? What could it hurt, long term?

It's a shame the Danny Dichio tribute falls on the same day. I'd like to think Danny would have reshaped the dressing room brickwork after that strolling, carefree wankfest on Saturday.

If you were happy with that effort on Saturday - and I don't care in the least who's the most responsible - then go again this weekend and do the same-old, same-old. It won't make any difference.

They've spoiled it for me, the rest of this season. A season I was actually quite satisfied with overall - signing of DeRo and later JDG, progress in developing Canadian talent like Nana, good drafting and emergence of OB White, winning the Canadian title, getting grass for next year. Lots to be fairly content with.

But they utterly gagged against Puerto Rico with the chance to move into a really meaningful competition. And now they've hurled diced carrots all over us with this putrid effort against San Jose. There's something very rotten at the core of this group of players and we, their fans, are being constantly cheated.

Do you know that Saturday's game against RSL shapes up, schedule-wise, the same as the SJ game? They play midweek and then travel to play us. Are You Ready For Some Heartbreak!?

Never mind painting banners. If I were into remedial arts and crafts I'd knock some lumber together and roll up behind the south stand with a big, fcukin' trebuchet and launch flaming pigs onto the pitch.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Tough love is booing them off the pitch after a bullshit effort - not refusing to show up during a vitally important match, when creating a hostile environment for the opposition could be the difference between three points, and zero.

- Scott

huphup
10-12-2009, 09:01 PM
good to hear greatwhitenorf.. we're still a playoff contender, we have improved year over year, we still have fans that are ready to put more heart into the team than you.

next.

greatwhitenorf
10-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Hostile? At BMO? Hah! I stood in 116 last game and it was as dangerous as a duvet.

There was the usual support from110, 111 and PART of 112. From there to 117, it was like an ar5ena1 game. Mostly concerned murmurings and the muffled tap of busy thumbs on Blackberries.

And about 37 attention seekers in the north end that no one two sections away could really hear. I did see you lot, though. Good effort. Jump About and all that.

Even the rythym nation drumming was feeble.

So maybe then it's all our fault. WE didn't cheer loudly enough, mindlessly enough to make a difference.

Nuh-Uh.

We're not a playoff contender. We haven't been all season long. And fans who spend the game relatively sober and attentive know full well we aren't. All this phony Beatlemania won't change that.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Hostile? At BMO? Hah! I stood in 116 last game and it was as dangerous as a duvet.

There was the usual support from110, 111 and PART of 112. From there to 117, it was like an ar5ena1 game. Mostly concerned murmurings and the muffled tap of busy thumbs on Blackberries.

And about 37 attention seekers in the north end that no one two sections away could really hear. I did see you lot, though. Good effort. Jump About and all that.

So maybe then it's all our fault. WE didn't cheer loudly enough, mindlessly enough to make a difference.

Nuh-Uh.

We're not a playoff contender. We haven't been all season long. And fans who spend the game relatively sober and attentive know full well we aren't. All this phony Beatlemania won't change that.

So your argument then, is that the fans at the game don't do enough to make a difference, therefore going and showing support for our club is pointless anyway.

We might not be an MLS Cup contender, but as long as we have a chance of making the playoffs, as a fan I will be supporting my team. If they don't repay that support with effort, I will let them know at the end of the game.

It's not about using our "support" as a carrot dangling in front of every TFC player's face, that we will take away if they have a poor game (or two, or ten). It's about doing what we can to try and will the team we care about to victory.

- Scott

Roogsy
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
So your argument then, is that the fans at the game don't do enough to make a difference, therefore going and showing support for our club is pointless anyway.

We might not be an MLS Cup contender, but as long as we have a chance of making the playoffs, as a fan I will be supporting my team. If they don't repay that support with effort, I will let them know at the end of the game.

It's not about using our "support" as a carrot dangling in front of every TFC player's face, that we will take away if they have a poor game (or two, or ten). It's about doing what we can to try and will the team we care about to victory.

- Scott

I agree with Scott 110%!

Supporting means being there regardless if our team sucks. Our team can suck for 20 years, we have to decide whether we are gloryhunters or not. There are teams in Europe and South America that never get a whiff of glory and their supporters are there day in day out.

However...if our team winds up being a gloryless, sorry excuse for a team, then as supporters our job is to pressure the front office. By choosing not to be there, you lose your vote and your voice.

billyfly
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
It's stuff like this that makes me angry.

You've just said that you support the team a certain way and if it's not another persons cup of tea, well tough.

You people who talk about fucking clubs that have been around for 1000 years and not won much, i have one thing to say to you.

Who cares about those teams!

Just because some team has been content with being a "just happy to be here team", and they've been that way for 100 years, we should be content with our team turning out the same way?

Fine..if that's okay with you, great. To each his/her own. But why shit on the people that don't want to see that happen?

I can't believe this I'm a better supporter than you shit is still going on.

Care to READ my post again? At what point do I say anything against this protest etc?

I am saying that do what you want and I am doing what I want.

RicoSuave44
10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Already took off work.... and besides wouldn't miss this game for the world. I don't think MLSE can really be blamed for this season. Sure they're marketing whores and I'm not a big fan of them, but what more can they do besides replace Mo? I like that they've given him a chance to build and not thrown in the towel so quickly. I think the players and Cummins are most at fault. They never reached the expectations we had for them. Perennial underachievers like the other Toronto teams. One more year for Mo seems fair to me. If we can't make the playoffs next year then it's time to look for a new GM.

Super
10-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Ah well. Some people only sing when we're winning.

AL-MO
10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Never mind painting banners. If I were into remedial arts and crafts I'd knock some lumber together and roll up behind the south stand with a big, fcukin' trebuchet and launch flaming pigs onto the pitch.

Well if you are so against a piece of fabric, with some paint on it that clearly gets your point across, but instead are FOR, a retarded 'protest' that noones knows or cares about and makes no sense, there is really no hope for you.

huphup
10-12-2009, 11:57 PM

- Scott

Thanks Scott. Right now we're competing to get in the playoffs.. and that's what I'm talking about. We'll talk about the Cup when that time comes.

Nobody is saying we're naive beLEAFers greatwhitenorf, but you're a little hopeless yourself if you don't see that we still have a chance to make playoffs. Even if we don't, a change in management and we'll be an even stronger team next year. Rome wasn't built in a day bud. I'd be happy to buy your seasons if you carry on like this all year.

Roogsy
10-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Ah well. Some people only sing when we're winning.

Best post of the thread.

Antifa Bhoy
10-13-2009, 12:54 AM

Nuh-Uh.

attention seekers?

Rudi
10-13-2009, 02:02 AM
It's all so very heartwarming to read these true love testimonials.

To a team, an organization, that lay down like sick dogs after two idle weeks of bingeing out in an alleyway dumpster.

Honestly, I've been as strong as anyone about supporting the building process and being patient. To the point where people wonder if I work for MLSE.

Saturday's effort was pukingly pathetic.

This team doesn't need another pat on the back, another facile, feeble song from the withering supporters' sections.

This team needs a healthy dose of tough love. We've all heard how things won't change with the Make BeLeaves until fans stop showing up. This team can't go that long.

One game? What could it hurt, long term?

It's a shame the Danny Dichio tribute falls on the same day. I'd like to think Danny would have reshaped the dressing room brickwork after that strolling, carefree wankfest on Saturday.

If you were happy with that effort on Saturday - and I don't care in the least who's the most responsible - then go again this weekend and do the same-old, same-old. It won't make any difference.

They've spoiled it for me, the rest of this season. A season I was actually quite satisfied with overall - signing of DeRo and later JDG, progress in developing Canadian talent like Nana, good drafting and emergence of OB White, winning the Canadian title, getting grass for next year. Lots to be fairly content with.

But they utterly gagged against Puerto Rico with the chance to move into a really meaningful competition. And now they've hurled diced carrots all over us with this putrid effort against San Jose. There's something very rotten at the core of this group of players and we, their fans, are being constantly cheated.

Do you know that Saturday's game against RSL shapes up, schedule-wise, the same as the SJ game? They play midweek and then travel to play us. Are You Ready For Some Heartbreak!?

Your holier-than-thou act has grown incredibly tired.

If you don't want to go to the fucking games, then just don't go. No one gives a crap whether "greatwhitenorf" attends the matches, so why do we need to read so much about it?

Oh, that's right, so you can put others down in a feeble attempt to make yourself feel as though you're making a difference.

Fuck off.

Roogsy
10-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Agreed Rudi. Some people talk a lot of about how self-important the supporters groups are...

Really...the ironing is delicious.

Shakes McQueen
10-13-2009, 03:53 AM
I've always enjoyed the odd juxtaposition of saying the atmosphere at games is bad, but then calling the people trying to contribute to a positive atmosphere "attention seekers".

- Scott

Lennon
10-13-2009, 04:27 AM
I agree with some of the things OP is saying but the timing for a protest couldn't be any worse. It would be like Ukraine fans abandoning their team ahead of the England game after a dissapointing draw with Belarus (where a win would have greatly increased their playoff chances ... very much like TFC)

Technorgasm
10-13-2009, 06:46 AM
“I was used to playing at Feyenoord with a fantastic crowd, definitely the best in Holland, but when I came to Anfield it was another level. It really helps us, especially when we are in difficult times and the result is vital to our continued success. The supporters are so important to us as we feed of their energy on the field, I can not stress enough what a lift the crowd can give us as players, it is the missing element and presents us with an advantage over our opponents”

Dirk Kuyt

If there was better media coverage in MLS / TFC, specifically with player interviews ect. maybe words like this would stop all this senseless, needlesss and damaging "message to FO" BULLSHIT.

If our boys can not count on us to send positive energy onto the field
then what the hell are we doing supporting them in the first place.

especially with the weather as of late and the reduced head count. . us. . the hardcore. . should be a reliable source of inspiration.

FOR THE BOYS. . ON THE FIELD. . .

remember all the talk going into MTL away. . . . all seemed lost. . . . . and look what at the miracle that happened.

Afra
10-13-2009, 07:08 AM
I will not miss the game for the world. I am even dragging my family down to enjoy it. There will be great tailgate, a great tribute to Danny, and a need to sing our hearts out for our boys who, at this point, still have a shot at the playoffs. Why would you want to miss that?

TFC has improved every season - we are still going in the right direction. There has been a number of changes this season and clearly the players are still trying to read each other. A few little changes will come in the off season and there is no reason to think that they won't do even better still next year. It would be crazy in my mind to think that you could create a playoff contender inside 5 years.

I am going to keep my mouth shut, smile when they feed me crap, and be an attention seeker at the game. If they miss the playoffs and the season is done, I will be aching for another game by december. No way am I missing a game for a useless protest so I can regret not making that one last game in december when I am sitting on the couch watching someone else's team play.

Fort York Redcoat
10-13-2009, 07:13 AM
For the Boys OOOOOONNNNNNNN the field!

Technorgasm
10-13-2009, 07:23 AM
By The Sword. . .

By The Stone. . .

You Will Neeever Stand Alone!!!

For The Boys. . . On The Field. . .

Mark in Ottawa
10-13-2009, 07:37 AM
We also need to attend this game to say goodbye and thanks for the efforts to a few players who we can be sure will not be back with TFC next season.

No speculation here on who those players will be... just an acknowledgement of the situation.

Parkdale
10-13-2009, 07:39 AM

not sure why the thread wasn't closed right then.

koryo
10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Honestly, if you're ready to pack it in after such a short time (three years isn't long) then it proves how little you know about this game.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

jabbronies
10-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Honestly, if you're ready to pack it in after such a short time (three years isn't long) then it proves how little you know about this game.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

And let me know what seats you are in so i can buy your tickets.

TFC Tifoso
10-13-2009, 08:29 AM

Nuh-Uh.

explain......

Belfast_Boy
10-13-2009, 08:54 AM
thank god rythym nation was quiet, they bug the shit out of me. but that's another issue.

for those protesting I'd like a ticket in the south end. in or as close to the SUPPORTERS as possible. PM me if you going to stay home. I'm tired of being an attention seeker in sections that don't really want me.

trane
10-13-2009, 09:32 AM
I agree with Scott 110%!

Supporting means being there regardless if our team sucks. Our team can suck for 20 years, we have to decide whether we are gloryhunters or not. There are teams in Europe and South America that never get a whiff of glory and their supporters are there day in day out.

However...if our team winds up being a gloryless, sorry excuse for a team, then as supporters our job is to pressure the front office. By choosing not to be there, you lose your vote and your voice.

This is my sentiment. I am not happy. Somedays I wonder why I regret starting to support this club, that gives me very little reason to support it other then that it is the only football team in the city. However, despite everything I am going renew and continue supporting, or I will lose my voice in trying to get this club to be what I would like it to be. I am very frustrated with it, we seem to go two steps forward, three steps back at times, and while this club is better this year, it is underachiving in every way. I cannot give up completely on it. However, do not tell me not to bitch and complain about it. It is my right too.

billyfly
10-13-2009, 09:39 AM
^This is what I was trying to say which Vooddoo (whatever) didn't seem to understand.

1- I won't leave this team.
2- I am pissed to high hell about their state of affairs like many people.

Based on point 2, some people won't show up etc and that is their right.

Based on point 1, I will go to the game and future games because I like watching my team, drinking beer, making fun of people in my section (tourists and regulars) and just overall being a part of TFC and RPB.

scooter
10-13-2009, 10:26 AM
this weeks game is going to be great
not only should we win
final tailgate and the tailgate team has been rockin all summer
cant wait to see what they have up there sleeves
and DANNY DICHIO tribute day -- how could you even think about missing that

Whoop
10-13-2009, 10:41 AM
At the end of the day, it's not about the banners, or the tailgates, or being totally accepting of what's going on the field.

It's about being there for your team. Through the ups and downs.

I am disappointed. Sure am. But am I going to walk out? No. I mean why would I after spent my money for the ticket. If I wanted to voice my displeasure I just wouldn't buy the ticket. I mean I would consider walking out if it was BAD. This is not real bad yet.

It's tough because you can see this team could be so much better but it's not like we're NYRB. And even then, you see the guys who support NYRB and all the shit they've been through. And even though some of their supporters are tools, they haven't walked out on their team.

Look at the 2.Bundesliga teams that average 20000+ attendance. I guess they like to take it without lube because they're not winning trophies or CL championships.

I've been around teams that have been absolutely shit, I mean hilarity inducing, record breaking, comically bad but stuck through to see them being one of the greatest teams ever. It was worth it. But there were a lot of bumps on the road and disappointments and steps back almost to the point of being shit bad again on the way there. It's part of being a team.

I mean it's the MLS. Anything can happen. Imagine being a midtable European club with no hope in hell of ever winning a championship, yet not shitty enough to be relegated but always stuck in purgatory.

Again, I'd consider walking out if it's really bad... but it would have to be really, really, really bad. Like TFC getting relegated to USL bad. But even then, it just wouldn't seem right.

Now as for the raising of ticket prices issue... that's a totally seperate issue that has nothing to do with supporting. I mean if I were ever to walk out it would more than likely be as a result of the ticket price as opposed to performance.

Pookie
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
A "protest" about on field performance seems fruitless.

If you look at it objectively, the message is "hit 'em in the pocketbook so they'll care about building a winner." This is about trying to "send a message to the FO, specifically about winning"

Our FO, despite all of its mistakes and PR stumbles, has a MLS payroll in the top 4 of the league.

They've invested in grass and a designated player. Perhaps too slow for the liking of some but the business plan didn't call for either of these. Grass wasn't a consideration and certainly replacing the field turf was a 7 year project.

This coming from a franchise not yet done it's 3rd season and was expected to draw just 14,000 fans on average when business plans were being made. They've seen the potential and have invested.

If you want to go down a "raising ticket prices" protest, that's a different story.

Now, I'm not a MLSE apologist but what more could the FO do to demonstrate that they too want to invest in the team?

You honestly think that they are spending all this cash with the idea that missing the playoffs is ok with them????

Whoop
10-13-2009, 10:46 AM
The FO issue on who is accountable if the team doesn't make the playoffs is another issue. i.e. If the team does not make the playoffs, Mo gets fired.

Personally, I think someone's job is on the line if the team doesn't make the playoffs. To me it's Mo and Chris Cummins together.

But that's something totally separate of a walkout.

905shmick
10-13-2009, 10:48 AM
explain......

A troll will never explain themselves.

Pookie
10-13-2009, 10:54 AM
The FO issue on who is accountable if the team doesn't make the playoffs is another issue.

Agreed.

And fortunately, all that is needed there to make a point is a simple spreadsheet showing the revenue lost along with the increased operating budget.

TFC Tifoso
10-13-2009, 10:57 AM
A troll will never explain themselves.

yep, i guess not....

AL-MO
10-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I am in favor of using your ticket and going to the stadium and expressing your displeasure. (flags, banners, chants etc)

As Whoopee said, if it got REALLY bad I would participate in a mass walkout, but its not really THAT bad at the moment.

No disrespect for NEE and their walkout earlier this year,(in fact I talked myself down from the 'ledge') I just feel you have to build to that.

jabbronies
10-13-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm sure the team/club is embarressed by thier performance right now.

When the fans/supporters are more credible than the team on the field, that's embarrassing. When those same fans boo them off the field in the second last home game of the year that's embarrassing. When the media says that the team hasn't given the fans what they deserve, that's embarrassing. I personally would not want to be in the teams shoes right now.

And as a supporter, I'm not.

As a supporter I do what I have to do game in and game out. I will continue to do that year in and year out. If the team wants to embarrass itself by playing like they have, then so be it.

If they continue on this path, eventually they will fuck themselves over. No player will want to come here, no coach will want to coach here, The casuals will stop coming. People like voodoo will stop coming. And the last people to leave will be the supporters. Either forced out by high ticket prices or fed up with the lack of trying.

but i don't see all of this happenning for at least 10 years.

Whoop
10-13-2009, 11:02 AM
In reality the FO doesn't really care if you walk out.

But now if you walked out and stayed out... now you're on to something.

But it's a fine line to walk.

I mean do you walk out everytime the team plays like shit?

Pookie
10-13-2009, 11:19 AM
^ agreed.

The FO doesn't care when people show up late or can't get to their seats to start the 2nd half or leave early... why would they care about a walk out? If there was a walk out, would they even recognize it?

Whoop
10-13-2009, 11:21 AM
The key is the FO smart enough to "read" the crowd so to speak before it could potentially end up like the Blue Jays situation?

That remains to be seen.

trane
10-13-2009, 11:37 AM
^ The potential Blue Jays situation is what concerns me. I love the jays but at some point it gets painfull to see your team doing nothing, or very littel to compete.

Toronto Gunner
10-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Where does this mentality come from that supporting the team is an investment and if we show up to the games we somehow deserve to see a winning team? If you honestly believe, after 3 seasons that we deserve to win the league because our supporters groups jump around and sing loudly, then football is not for you.
This league tries it's darndest to promote parity, and if the league is successful in doing so, each team should win league every 15 years or so.

The big question I have for you all is this - WOULD you support a team with little to no chance of ever winning the leaguel? A Portsmouth, a Newcastle, a Preston North End, a QPR, a Burnley, etc. A team that you know will never be the best. If you answered yes, you're a supporter. If you answered no and started a thread about not going to support your team during a crucial period of the season, football supportership is not for you.

Please don't bother to reply - I won't be checking this thread again. I've said my piece.

Whoop
10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm a big proponent of stability. MLS rosters don't really allow for that but most of the successful teams have a good core.

I think we have a good core now.

Problem is we will likely have 4 different people as a head coach over 4 years. Getting rid of Mo would just add more instability but at the same time I don't trust him. So you're kind of stuck in this no man's land which is pretty shitty.

But again... that's a separate issue than a walkout.

trane
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
^ Never be the best. Sure but you shuold try to be the best you can be with the resources available to you. So Newcaste's goal now is to make it back to the EPL, Pompey's is stay in the EPL, PNE to win more and move up, ect. ect, any team worth its salt sets goals for itself. And any supporters group will celebrate when those goals are met, and be upset when they are not met due to fuck ups by the players/managers ect.

In are case, most of us just hope to see good footy. If you are not supporting your team in the hope of vicotry what are supporting?

Whoop
10-13-2009, 11:53 AM
No question. Always strive to be the best.

While I'm sure like everyone else, I would love to win the MLS Cup, the playoffs were the goal this year. Technically we're still in it. But when we're not, I will reserve my judgment until then. I'm glad Seattle should make the playoffs because it puts more pressure on TFC to do more, to do better.

Next year the goal should be being a Supporters Shield contender and MLS Cup contender.

I just don't know if can trust Mo with that one.

Pookie
10-13-2009, 11:54 AM
^ The potential Blue Jays situation is what concerns me. I love the jays but at some point it gets painfull to see your team doing nothing, or very littel to compete.

The thing with the Jays situation is that losing is happening within a league that offers little hope for future seasons.

The ALCS is #1 vs #6 (in terms of payroll). The NLCS is #7 vs #9. Even #9 outspends the Jays by over $20M.

That's a factor that doesn't exist in the MLS.

Menelaos
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I'll gladly take the tickets of anyone not wanting to go to the game and I will cheer from start to end because that is what a supporter does.

prizby
10-13-2009, 12:24 PM
why the hell would we not go...we are going to produce the largest banner in TFC history and it would be a waste to put our work to waste cuz we can't execute in the last 15 minutes

we are going to support dichio and our team and your completely nuts and off your bonkers if you think we shouldn't go

Shakes McQueen
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
I agree with Scott 110%!

This is my sentiment. I am not happy. Somedays I wonder why I regret starting to support this club, that gives me very little reason to support it other then that it is the only football team in the city. However, despite everything I am going renew and continue supporting, or I will lose my voice in trying to get this club to be what I would like it to be. I am very frustrated with it, we seem to go two steps forward, three steps back at times, and while this club is better this year, it is underachiving in every way. I cannot give up completely on it. However, do not tell me not to bitch and complain about it. It is my right too.

The right to bitch and complain about how things are going is your sacred right as a sports fan, let alone a TFC fan.

But I don't equate that, with essentially not showing up to cheer on the team during a game with potential playoff implications.

Plus, as you said, when you basically walk away, all you do is lose your voice in the call for improvement.

- Scott

invictusTFC
10-13-2009, 12:51 PM
How is not going to the game team going to help them get a much needed result? I'm not happy with how the second half of the season has gone, but the time to send a message to the players has come and gone. That was managements job and they dropped the ball. When Carver left, it was their responsibility to find the best qualified coach to lead this team, but instead they settled on a manager with next to no experience. Cummins seems like a genuinely good guy, but he proved that he could not get the best out of this team game after game. After all the work to bring in quality players like De-Ro and De-Guzman why would you settle on an inexperienced manager to lead them?

v00d00daddy
10-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm sure the team/club is embarressed by thier performance right now.

When the fans/supporters are more credible than the team on the field, that's embarrassing. When those same fans boo them off the field in the second last home game of the year that's embarrassing. When the media says that the team hasn't given the fans what they deserve, that's embarrassing. I personally would not want to be in the teams shoes right now.

And as a supporter, I'm not.

As a supporter I do what I have to do game in and game out. I will continue to do that year in and year out. If the team wants to embarrass itself by playing like they have, then so be it.

If they continue on this path, eventually they will fuck themselves over. No player will want to come here, no coach will want to coach here, The casuals will stop coming. People like voodoo will stop coming. And the last people to leave will be the supporters. Either forced out by high ticket prices or fed up with the lack of trying.

but i don't see all of this happenning for at least 10 years.

For the record (as I stated in the thread from last year)...I'm not interested in any kind of boycott in terms of actually showing up to the games.

I am more interested in doing something to let the players and staff know that we are not happy. Whether that be abstaining from chanting for a certain amount of time or something else.

Some of you guys get so caught up in making sure that you're the best supporters in the world, you lose sight of the fact that we're there to watch soccer. We've paid to watch professionals perform. When they don't, we should let them know that it's unacceptabe.

Cheering louder and harder when they're terrible doesn't make sense to me. That's all.

v00d00daddy
10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Where does this mentality come from that supporting the team is an investment and if we show up to the games we somehow deserve to see a winning team? If you honestly believe, after 3 seasons that we deserve to win the league because our supporters groups jump around and sing loudly, then football is not for you.
This league tries it's darndest to promote parity, and if the league is successful in doing so, each team should win league every 15 years or so.

The big question I have for you all is this - WOULD you support a team with little to no chance of ever winning the leaguel? A Portsmouth, a Newcastle, a Preston North End, a QPR, a Burnley, etc. A team that you know will never be the best. If you answered yes, you're a supporter. If you answered no and started a thread about not going to support your team during a crucial period of the season, football supportership is not for you.

Please don't bother to reply - I won't be checking this thread again. I've said my piece.

You're missing the point. It's one thing to say I still love TFC even if they never win anytyhing. It's another thing to say I'm happy with the way they're playing, despite the results.

Sometimes teams don't win. Shit happens. Doesn't mean I'm gonna be happy about it.

Hahah...just saw the bit about not responding. Oh well...already typed it.

mdc 77
10-13-2009, 03:13 PM
This thread is a good reason why I don't really post much on the board anymore.
:picard:

p.s.
Toronto till I die!

snuffy74
10-13-2009, 03:58 PM
:flare::scarf::drum: +11111111111

I am getting so sick of these stupid threads. Seriously, just support the fucking club! This board produces the most childish antics I have ever seen. I will be at the game because I am finally off on a match day and I am a TFC supporter through. Sure, I hate the poor results. But I don't come on here and call for everyone's head to rolll or try to stage yet another protest (:facepalm:).
Well said! Stop your complaining and support the team! Not showing up for the last regular season home game is as bad as the people who leave before the final whistle is blown!!

onemanbarmyarmy
10-13-2009, 04:04 PM

Send a message?...Is the message that you are a retard?! In that case the message has been recieved loud and clear! 10/4 good buddy!

Super
10-13-2009, 04:05 PM
This thread is a good reason why I don't really post much on the board anymore.
:picard:

p.s.
Toronto till I die!

I know the feeling. The whole concept of supporting a team is completely lost on far too many people as of late.

JohnWalter
10-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Oooooooh, we never win at home and we never win away...
We lost last week and we'll lose today...
We're all pissed-up we don't care anyway...
Toronto FC... O.K.

greatwhitenorf
10-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Well, the message that began this thread was never gonna be Route 1 to widespread RPB popularity and acclaim. Hell, they even shut it down early doors and only re-opened at my request, to be greeted by five pages of love and vitriol.

The point of it was really simple. This team played utter crap football most of the second half of this season, never looked worthy of a playoff place and the time to send a message of GET YOUR SHI+E TOGETHER!! wasn't after tonight's flaming fiasco, but at the final home game where a proper message would be seen, heard and fully digested, by both players and management.

Don't get me wrong. The fan support on the final Saturday was really quite magnificent. Just mis-timed and mis-placed. Sure, Danny Dicihio needed to be acknowledged. Just as the crap team needed to be given a short, sharp shock about their lacklustre performances.

It's not about me or what I thought. It's about this team and the squalid effort they've put out far too often this season.

So. Now that they've got our season-ticket renewal money and will surely be taking steps to reassure us that they're not convulsively laughing their asses off at us, now that many of you have lined up and declared your love of TFC and fired off missive after missive declaring how dare I - HOW VERY DARE I - impugn this club's integrity, the question remains:

How are TFC supporters going to properly send a message to this wretched excuse of a football club for delivering us what surely has to be one of the most pathetic endings to a football season ever seen? Anywhere, at any time.

TFCtoMUFC
10-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Wanna send a message. Everyone sell their opener tickets to Philly supporters.

Beach_Red
10-24-2009, 11:09 PM
How are TFC supporters going to properly send a message to this wretched excuse of a football club for delivering us what surely has to be one of the most pathetic endings to a football season ever seen? Anywhere, at any time.

Maybe the next time there's a poll on here about what players to keep we shouldn't support every one of them except Garcia...

billyfly
10-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Whhhhhhhheeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

DichioTFC
10-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Well, the message that began this thread was never gonna be Route 1 to widespread RPB popularity and acclaim. Hell, they even shut it down early doors and only re-opened at my request, to be greeted by five pages of love and vitriol.

The point of it was really simple. This team played utter crap football most of the second half of this season, never looked worthy of a playoff place and the time to send a message of GET YOUR SHI+E TOGETHER!! wasn't after tonight's flaming fiasco, but at the final home game where a proper message would be seen, heard and fully digested, by both players and management.

Don't get me wrong. The fan support on the final Saturday was really quite magnificent. Just mis-timed and mis-placed. Sure, Danny Dicihio needed to be acknowledged. Just as the crap team needed to be given a short, sharp shock about their lacklustre performances.

It's not about me or what I thought. It's about this team and the squalid effort they've put out far too often this season.

So. Now that they've got our season-ticket renewal money and will surely be taking steps to reassure us that they're not convulsively laughing their asses off at us, now that many of you have lined up and declared your love of TFC and fired off missive after missive declaring how dare I - HOW VERY DARE I - impugn this club's integrity, the question remains:

True, it was a bitter end to the season among the other unfavourable things that happened this season, but why the need to get some cheerleaders behind you and create a "message". If you dont support the team, now's the time to cut your losses and get off the bandwagon.

billyfly
10-24-2009, 11:31 PM
I thought about it. You're right. I ain't going next week.

DichioTFC
10-24-2009, 11:34 PM
I thought about it. You're right. I ain't going next week.

Can I have your ticket for next week?

billyfly
10-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Yes. LOL....(mad laughter!)

greatwhitenorf
10-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Good answer DichioTFC. But it's not about me, bucko. It's about the c.r.a.p. team we're both supporting.

Go ahead. Give it another try.

DichioTFC
10-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Good answer DichioTFC. But it's not about me, bucko. It's about the c.r.a.p. team we're both supporting.

Go ahead. Give it another try.

i actually thought billyfly's answer was better than mine.