PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs. Quakes Postgame Thread

Pages : [1] 2

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:57 PM
1-1. Another stoppage time goal given up.

Fire Chris Cummins. One sub in a must win game totally forced thanks to Barrett's cramps.

I am sick of this team. Only Fellinga, DeRo, Attakora, White, and Cronin need to be kept.

ALL other outfield players need to go.

Fucking sickening.

Enough bullshit.

Time for action.

5 year plan? FUCK ANYONE who believes that bullshit. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Toronto FC has been insane for 3 seasons.

We need some REAL motherfucking change. Management, ownership, coaching, several players, they all need to fucking go.

Mojo
10-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Wow. I honestly expected nothing different.

Fellinga was one of the only shining stars out there today. All of his balls were nearly picture perfect. Other than that... fuck.

Nuvinho
10-10-2009, 04:59 PM
He could of wasted more time by using the rest of the subs, why not bring in Gerba for White in the 90th minute.....more time off the clock.

Jlo Biafra
10-10-2009, 04:59 PM
What a fucking joke :picard:

ArmenJBX
10-10-2009, 05:00 PM
DISGUSTING. ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DISGUSTING. WE'RE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS, DON'T GIMME ANY MORE BULLSHIT, WE CANNOT WIN A FUCKING GAME. CUMMINS, GTFO, YOU ARE NOT A COACH. FUCK EVERY IDIOT PLAYING IN A TFC SHIRT, YOU CANNOT WIN A GAME. I AM SICK OF THIS BULLSHIT.

TORONTO FAIL CLUB.

Super Cereal
10-10-2009, 05:00 PM
You're really annoying.

Sab0tage
10-10-2009, 05:01 PM
DISGUSTING. ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DISGUSTING. WE'RE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS, DON'T GIMME ANY MORE BULLSHIT, WE CANNOT WIN A FUCKING GAME. CUMMINS, GTFO, YOU ARE NOT A COACH. FUCK EVERY IDIOT PLAYING IN A TFC SHIRT, YOU CANNOT WIN A GAME. I AM SICK OF THIS BULLSHIT.

TORONTO FAIL CLUB.
Thanks for large font size. We wouldn't have been able to read it otherwise. Really gets your point across.
:picard:

DRock
10-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I hate to blame Garcia again, but did anyone notice how the shot went right over his head and he just looked at it. A 4 inch jump would have kept it out of the net. White and Felinga had good games, seems like Dero wants his next goal really badly, too bad he didn't have a good game.

Jlo Biafra
10-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I laugh at the moronic fans who think they are "British" LOL

Sab0tage
10-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I laugh at the moronic fans who think they are "British" LOL Except for the fact that a large portion ARE British...

ArmenJBX
10-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks for large font size. We wouldn't have been able to read it otherwise. Really gets your point across.
:picard:

I changed it now, sorry about that. I'm just really fucking pissed. This isn't a soccer team. Best fans in the MLS? Awesome. Now give us a fucking TEAM that we can actually cheer for. Not this stupid fucking bullshit.

Sab0tage
10-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I changed it now, sorry about that. I'm just really fucking pissed. This isn't a soccer team. Best fans in the MLS? Awesome. Now give us a fucking TEAM that we can actually cheer for. Not this stupid fucking bullshit. It's cool. I do agree, though. Imagine if MLSE gave a shit about getting proper players and coaches for TFC like they do for the Leafs. It's not as if they don't have the money or the resources.

mclaren
Some of us said before a ball was kicked this season that we wouldn't make the playoffs and have sadly been proven correct again. There was no chance we were gonna make the playoffs even if we won today, just false hope. The team still isn't good enough - we need a proper coach and should have fired Mo a while ago. Until that happens, we aren't making any the playoffs.

TFC USA
There is no motivation for this team.

We fucking sat on a lead for no reason and stopped threatening consistently after White's missed header.

Fire Cummins. NOW!

jimiv
10-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I hate to blame Garcia again, but did anyone notice how the shot went right over his head and he just looked at it. A 4 inch jump would have kept it out of the net. White and Felinga had good games, seems like Dero wants his next goal really badly, too bad he didn't have a good game.

It's not hard to blame him. (AGAIN!)

Free Agents
LOL saw that coming. That's what happens when you sit on your ass for 40 minutes after a goal. Good teams put other teams away when they get the chance. This team just pulls everyone back. Good for them.

Jlo Biafra
Except for the fact that a large portion ARE British...

pommies, I can only laugh at them...

Sab0tage
10-10-2009, 05:06 PM
pommies, I can only laugh at them... You're a tool. This isn't a thread about how you don't like Brits. Get your trash out of here.

DRock
10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I want Garcia GONE!

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 05:08 PM
I said this before, but I don't want to see a single Brit on this team not named Dichio.

This kick-and-hope style is not working and I'd rather have a bunch of 10 year old Brazilians run the team and coach.

OddTweak
10-10-2009, 05:09 PM
I think MLSE needs to WAKE THE FUCK UP! Grass will NOT fix this crap! The players are SHIT, the coach is TOTAL SHIT, and the management is FUCKED! CLEAN FUCKING HOUSE NOW!!! Like the original poster said, ONLY 5 players MUST remain. EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BE OUTRIGHT FUCKING RELEASED!!! You won't be able to get a FUCKING BAG OF SOCCER BALLS for ANY of them! I saw TONS of EMPTY SEATS today! I want to see ALL OF THEM empty NEXT WEEK! THERE MUST BE A RED PATCH BOYS BOYCOTT to SEND A MESSAGE!

FluSH
10-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Do we start with a handycap of subs?

I mean does the league only give 1 sub to Toronto FC...?

James Oliphant
GoTFC (http://twitter.com/GoTFC) @jasondevos (http://twitter.com/jasondevos) Checkmark next to "90-minute game"?
less than 5 seconds ago (http://twitter.com/GoTFC/status/4770002514) from web

Nerepis
I spent the whole game waiting for a mistake by Garcia, hoping it wouldn't come. Didn't close down the man, then ducked...ducked so the ball wouldn't hit him. Where is the heart!

Sab0tage
EAT MY FUCK, FAGGOT That was truly insulting. A+ for effort, I guess.

Thanks for coming out.

Nuvinho
10-10-2009, 05:11 PM

CC thinks so.

mclaren
10-10-2009, 05:11 PM
argies vs peru on now

FluSH
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
He could of wasted more time by using the rest of the subs, why not bring in Gerba for White in the 90th minute.....more time off the clock.

You would think... this is what a coach would do... fresh legs and waste time...

SteeltownBhoy
I think MLSE needs to WAKE THE FUCK UP! Grass will NOT fix this crap! The players are SHIT, the coach is TOTAL SHIT, and the management is FUCKED! CLEAN FUCKING HOUSE NOW!!! Like the original poster said, ONLY 5 players MUST remain. EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BE OUTRIGHT FUCKING RELEASED!!! You won't be able to get a FUCKING BAG OF SOCCER BALLS for ANY of them! I saw TONS of EMPTY SEATS today! I want to see ALL OF THEM empty NEXT WEEK! THERE MUST BE A RED PATCH BOYS BOYCOTT to SEND A MESSAGE!

Ya but, there is that worship banner thing happening and I'm hoping Garcia
will autograph my ass!!:drum:

TFC USA
You want to make a real statement?

Do not buy the overpriced beer. Do not buy the merchandise MLSE sells. Do not make these guys richer while the team we have rooted for since day one continue to fuck up.

MLSE needs to know that the fans won't take anymore bullshit.

I would not boo the players. I'd make a stand against the MLSE.

Nerepis
10-10-2009, 05:14 PM

Two minutes could have been killed in extra time with two separate subs. Didn't this just happen a couple of games ago. Smart people learn from their mistakes.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Are we mathematically eliminated yet?

FluSH
10-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Ya but, there is that worship banner thing happening and I'm hoping Garcia
will autograph my ass!!:drum:

You always support the troops... if you feel we shouldn't be making a Dichio banner than please tell me upfront...

Nuvinho
10-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Are we mathematically eliminated yet?

nope.

I think NE have the last playoff spot, they have 38 pts. We are tied with DC and Dallas with 36.

We need NE to lose all of its remaining games (2 vs. CLB and 1 vs. CHI)

boban
10-10-2009, 05:16 PM
It's cool. I do agree, though. Imagine if MLSE gave a shit about getting proper players and coaches for TFC like they do for the Leafs. It's not as if they don't have the money or the resources.
I must have missed the Stanley Cups they have won under their ownership for the past 18 years.

DowntownTO
10-10-2009, 05:17 PM
We're not eliminated yet. We've got a 0.00002% chance... depending on 3 other clubs. lol

FluSH
10-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Well if you want action I suggest you join one of the SG's... and act for change... I'm disgusted as much as anyone here... but we can't do this alone... we need more people beign proactive not telling us to be proactive... no offense and all but you have three supporter groups to fit your style...

NateDoGG
terrible.. just terrible.... byebye post season

DowntownTO
If NE wins with Columbus in an hour, then we're totally out...

Damn that blonde chich on TV was hot........... who was that?! :D

Sab0tage
I must have missed the Stanley Cups they have won under their ownership for the past 18 years. Just because they haven't won, doesn't mean they care more about the Leafs. They still put forward a lot more money signing fairly solid players, signing well respected coaches, GM's etc. (Not JFJ, but yeah).

shwade
having emo tendencies

Davenport
10-10-2009, 05:19 PM
What's even more depressing is that they've spent all their DP money on a midfielder who will NEVER make the difference.
What a waste of f*cking money.

Nuvinho
10-10-2009, 05:21 PM
NE (38) CLB, CHI, @CLB

DC (36) CLB, @KCW
Dallas (36) COL, @SEA
TFC (36) RSL, @NYRB

Yohan
well. at least Feillinga played well

FluSH
What's even more depressing is that they've spent all their DP money on a midfielder who will NEVER make the difference.

Tell me about it... but I think you and I are one of the minorities on this... for a second there I thought maybe... just maybe... with a DM we will be able to hold a lead!!!

well...

cougars732
10-10-2009, 05:22 PM
imo White was the worst player out there.
he looked like he had no pace
looked like he didnt want to sprint to balls
was second to every ball
and he shied away from ANY contact

Juanito
10-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't know what to say. We played fairly well for 90 minutes and decided to take an early vacation in the final four. We're out. It was another season of false hopes ... sigh.

boban
10-10-2009, 05:24 PM

LMAO.
Oh that's funny Flush.
I was hoping for Cummins all season. I mean he seems like a genuine nice guy.
But I think he is more in spectating games them coaching them.

shwade
10-10-2009, 05:24 PM
was second to every ball

He shyed away from contact? He hustled hard and got btwn a lot of defenders.

FluSH
10-10-2009, 05:25 PM
was second to every ball

WOW

I thought White was one of the best players out there... he never gave up on a play... twice I can pinpoint when DeRo gave hope on a ply and White was there to ressurect it...

White was one of the better players out there for me...

Davenport
10-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Tell me about it... but I think you and I are one of the minorities on this... for a second there I thought maybe... just maybe... with a DM we will be able to hold a lead!!!

well...

We may be in the minority but we're right.
Believe me, if he was as good as everyone thinks he is he'd be wanted by clubs in Europe.

Dirk Diggler
10-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Where is all this random discussion about English fans coming from?

Either way ... not surprised that we choked another lead late in the game ... clearly the team has problems holding onto a lead irrespective of what many of you want to believe (blaming the long ball tactic that drains energy and what ever else) ... yeah that is a problem but that does not prove causality in regards to our late game shitting the bed.

Davenport
10-10-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't know what to say. We played fairly well for 90 minutes and decided to take an early vacation in the final four. We're out. It was another season of false hopes ... sigh.
FAIRLY WELL ??????!!!!!!
It was a must win game FFS.
I've seen more f*cking passion from my accountant.

Dirk Diggler
10-10-2009, 05:29 PM

well...

To be honest, even though I really do not have huge expectations from JDG, I particularly have no expectations from him what so ever this season. I'll start judging him next season when he's had a full off-season to train with the team.

FluSH
LMAO.
Oh that's funny Flush.
I was hoping for Cummins all season. I mean he seems like a genuine nice guy.
But I think he is more in spectating games them coaching them.

I'm disgusted... The subs made all the differance for San Jose.. FFS it was the Sub who scored!!!! The international from Trinidad who had a sprained ankle and is not even on the Trini national squad for tonights game!!!! BUT HE SCORED!!!!

WTF happened to our subs???

FluSH
Believe me, if he was as good as everyone thinks he is he'd be wanted by clubs in Europe.

DM's are hot commodities!!! lol in all seriousness JDG is a very good player... but just not the right piece to this fcked up puzzle.

MUFC_Niagara
10-10-2009, 05:30 PM

Did you ever think most of them are British...

boban
10-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Just because they haven't won, doesn't mean they care more about the Leafs. They still put forward a lot more money signing fairly solid players, signing well respected coaches, GM's etc. (Not JFJ, but yeah).
Sorry to burst your bubble but putting money in is not the only way. And they are notoriously cheap on ass. coaches, scouts, even gm's. Only when things fuck up do they spend the money to make it appear they ALWAYS do.
And compared to revenue, they spend fuck all on players (inc. non cap years).
Anyway getting back to TFC, using the Leafs as your example isn't the greatest.

MrHawk
10-10-2009, 05:31 PM
17 points we've now lost in the final 15 minutes of game time.

We'd be 2nd in the East if we just got 7 of those points.

boban
10-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh man. someone agress with me.
I didn't say much about JDG signing. But I always thought a more more effective DP. Love the guy, but what a colossal waste of a DP slot, let alone the money.

Davenport
10-10-2009, 05:33 PM
DM's are hot commodities!!! lol in all seriousness JDG is a very good player... but just not the right piece to this fcked up puzzle.

He's not a bad player, but he's not good enough to change a team.
In a team full of stars he's the one that does all the running and gives them the ball so they can perform their magic.
With TFC there's a few things missing in that equation.

That's it...simple.

No charge.

MrHawk
I think Bilic will be available soon.

FluSH
Did you ever think most of them are British...

Straight up... the dominance of fans at BMO Field are not Italians or Portuguese, or Latinos... they are British...

It's like me going to Malvern Mall and saying... I laugh at the majority of people here that think they are Jamaican... well... guess what...

MUFC_Niagara
10-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Everyone on here calling for more subs in stoppage to waste time does realize that the ref has to ADD more time for subs made in stoppage time.

DowntownTO
10-10-2009, 05:35 PM
NE (38) CLB, CHI, @CLB

DC (36) CLB, @KCW
Dallas (36) COL, @SEA
TFC (36) RSL, @NYRB

At this point... I feel like I'm a bigger fan of Columbus. I'll be cheering for them like CRAZY their next few games!

LesH
10-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I haven't seen the game.
JDG also played like total shit?

boban
10-10-2009, 05:36 PM
was second to every ball
I think you are a little harsh on the kid.
I saw him challenge and mix it up a few times.
But people thinking he is the answer to our scoring and offensive wows are sorrily mistaken.

Yohan
10-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Everyone on here calling for more subs in stoppage to waste time does realize that the ref has to ADD more time for subs made in stoppage time.
yeah, but usually it feels like the ref dont add as much time on injury time subs, even if it's few more secs

boban
10-10-2009, 05:37 PM
For truth.

zeelaw
10-10-2009, 05:38 PM
O'Brian White is a beast and works so hard out there.

Cummins is a joke.

sometimes you just gotta sit back and laugh.

Nerepis
10-10-2009, 05:39 PM

He's supposed to but they rarely do.

FluSH
10-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I blame this loss on us... Yes us the supporters!!!

We should have been making banners that read:

SUB NOW!!!

-and-

YOU STILL HAVE SUBS!!!

What in the world were we thinking coming up with banners that say: "Believe" or "This is our house"

We dropped the ball here...

Yohan
10-10-2009, 05:40 PM
as much as i like the kid, Nana botched that header to clear the ball that Glen latched onto for te goal

oh well

Yohan
10-10-2009, 05:40 PM
lol Flush. you're pretty funny when you're bitter ;)

TheKing7
10-10-2009, 05:41 PM
why do i waste my time with this shit??
but the thing that makes it worse is that you know its gonna happen before it does

Inswingingwingman
10-10-2009, 05:42 PM
The Ontario Teacher's Pension owns 66 percent of MLSE.

They are in it for long term profits.

They don't care about wins...for example the Leafs. Top prices sports ticket in the world ffs. If you quit supporting tfc they will sell it for a buck 98 to the Quebec Teacher's Pension, and then?

Ever think that the league knows that having a Canadian team in the playoffs will kill the TV revenue. They want New England in. Fixed that up quite well with 4 mins of stoppage eh? And who is out now over cards?

Morons...

Nerepis
10-10-2009, 05:42 PM
lol Flush. you're pretty funny when you're bitter ;)

Supporting this team, we've all had a lot of practice (being bitter I mean...). :rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler
10-10-2009, 05:43 PM
yeah, but usually it feels like the ref dont add as much time on injury time subs, even if it's few more secs

Yeah ... the refs don't time amount of time it takes a player to leave the pitch and his replacement to come in and take his position ... they usually add a generic amount of time, which, depending on the flow of the game at the end, could be significantly less than how long it took for the actual substitution to take place. Not to mention that aside from wasting time, you also give your guys time to catch their breath and break the opposition's momentum.

cougars732
10-10-2009, 05:44 PM
go raptors go.....

MUFC_Niagara
O'Brian White is a beast and works so hard out there.

Cummins is a joke.

sometimes you just gotta sit back and laugh.

exactly...:scarf:....on that note, get ready for the next 6 months of MLSE et al. bashing :facepalm:

DowntownTO
I saw Glen running with a couple of SJ's in the rain yesterday by my place.
I should've ran up to him and kicked him in the fuckin shin.... Fuck.. FUCK!

TFC USA
Out of the 3 seasons this is the most embarrassing.

We regressed this year with an improved squad. Point total is not everything.

LesH
10-10-2009, 05:46 PM

Sorry, but I need to agree with the boycott.
I'm a TFC fan, unfortunately (or fortunately???) I'm in New Jersey, so I can't go to games.

But this time I say that it need to be done what real supporters in serious European championships do after some very bad games of there teams. They do not show up, for 1,2 or even more home games, until the team at least improves a bit. Until at least they play with soul.

Next week BMO field should have about 5,000 people.

This is the only way that the FO can be really shown that the supporters are the only success of this franchize until now, and they can not ignore forever to put out a quality product on the playing field. Period.

Maybe many of you won't agree with me, but think about it!!!!

ArmenJBX
10-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Heheheh. I love a good show, don't you. I'm sorry, but how can you even be TALKING about playoffs!? WE COULDN'T EVEN BEAT SAN JOSE!

We don't deserve to be there. The other 8 teams are better then us. We would be doing the MLS an insult by being up there. This team sucks. This whole organization sucks. We keep saying "Oh, it's just season three, five year plan, ohhh boy grass and JDG..." None of that will change the FACT that this team is being MISMANAGED.

How in the name of all that is good and holy can you keep an assistant head coach with, get this, NO game experience, NO first team experience, and lastly, and probably the most important, NO tactical skill Whatsoever!

But, alas, today is not just the day of blame for CC, who does deserve it. Two substitutions would have shaved key seconds off the added time. But, we cannot blame him solely today. For, my brothers, I have once again failed you. I placed Nick Garcia in my projected lineup, in the pregame thread. I trusted him again. But, again, he has failed me, and us. The players, for the most part, are good enough. This "team" however, doesn't play like a team. The team isn't good enough. Please, for the love of God almighty, keep the roster the same. Shave off Nick Garcia and whoever wants to retire, but keep this squad. They need to know each other. Look at the start of the season and the end of the season. We are two completely different teams, AGAIN. No more fucking around.

And lastly, Mo Johnston, oh Mo Johnston. At the time of this writing, you better be on the fucking phone. I don't care who it is, how much he costs, and how little input you will eventually have on this team, but you better fucking hire a new coach, one with MLS experience, one with the know-how and skill needed to actually make a SOCCER TEAM, THAT PLAYS LIKE A SOCCER TEAM. A coach that can give this team a style of play, give this team some fucking confidence, and can deliver when required without a heart-attack-in-the-making against inferior teams. This, along with a center back, are your two objectives for the season. Fail to complete these two, and you'll be paid a visit by a good Russian friend of mine who's in a very interesting business...if you catch my drift.

I have tickets for next weeks game. I will attend that game, just like I do whenever I get the chance to. I will cheer and scream and sing just like always. I will always be there, through the good and through the bad. All of us here will be here. We will always support you. But you will not take advantage of us. You will not continue with this incompetence. In closing...

WE DESERVE BETTER.

-JimmyBaldX

Bars92
10-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Alright, no more half-assed English coaches.

boban
10-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Alright, no more half-assed English coaches.
So you want a full ass? :D

greatwhitenorf
10-10-2009, 05:58 PM
When it comes to coaching, don't be bad-mouthing one nationality over others. Doesn't matter where the coach is from. Good is good. And we need a good one with the very next hiring.

MFG1
10-10-2009, 06:00 PM
IT's because you didnt cheer loud onough like Cummins asked before the game that he made the team shit the bed. I am kinda glad because I dont want to waste money on the playoffs when they would play just as bad.

backbeat
10-10-2009, 06:04 PM
It's been a kick to the heart....so :facepalm: :drinking: but i still <3 :scarf: damn them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu3p83WvE_w&feature=response_watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...
For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath
Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)

T.O TILL I DIE
10-10-2009, 06:12 PM
ITS VITTIS FAULT HES A JINX RIGHT WHEN HE COMES ON THE FIELD WE LOOSE !! lol

ArmenJBX
10-10-2009, 06:16 PM
:drinking::D Thanks Brosef and the Amazing Technicolor Dreambro!

greatwhitenorf
10-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Sure, don't have to spend on playoff tickets now. Or playoff parking rates. Or buy beer at stadium rates. Won't be buying extra merchandise, either.

Family vacation in the sun, come March, I reckon.

napoli73
10-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Any team that consistently starts Barrett and Brennan has no way of making the playoffs for that reason management and coach are to blame........anyone who says that Barrett is a quality player and deserves playing time has no clue what the game of soccer is. This team has many holes and those are the two most glaring.
I'm just glad the other leagues are in full swing so at least i can watch the way the beautiful game should be played.

ArmenJBX
10-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey, at least we're not the Red Bulls :D

flatpicker
10-10-2009, 06:21 PM
I think we may need to sing this song at the next game.

Chevy
10-10-2009, 06:23 PM
The Ontario Teacher's Pension owns 66 percent of MLSE.

They are in it for long term profits.

They don't care about wins...for example the Leafs. Top prices sports ticket in the world ffs. If you quit supporting tfc they will sell it for a buck 98 to the Quebec Teacher's Pension, and then?

Ever think that the league knows that having a Canadian team in the playoffs will kill the TV revenue. They want New England in. Fixed that up quite well with 4 mins of stoppage eh? And who is out now over cards?

Morons...

I love how giving up a 90th minute goal is blamed on the ownership structure of MLSE.

DowntownTO
10-10-2009, 06:24 PM

Hahahah.. True that.

ArmenJBX
10-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Well, at least Toronto FC made the playoffs today...

...in FIFA 09 :D

DangerRed
10-10-2009, 06:31 PM

After what happened today, I'd wager we'll be worse than they are when we play there two weeks from now.

Oldtimer
10-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Look at the bright side. No playoffs means:

(1) Lots of money saved that would be spent on gameday. You could even save enough to buy a new television to watch a decent team play during the World Cup!

(2) Time freed up to do other things. Your significant other might be pleased.

(3) The grass can go in earlier and will be well established by the time next season rolls around.

(4) MLSE will be under pressure to get a real coach, not an assistant youth coach.

(5) You can start speculating early about the off-season.

(6) No need to stand in the freezing weather. You can watch the KKKrew hoist the MLS Cup from the comfort of your den. :puke:

(7) You can switch your attention to the Leafs, where another MLSE team has a losing season well underway.

DangerRed
10-10-2009, 06:37 PM
In the 73rd minute, I turned to the girl next to me and said the Quakes will score in the 92nd.

And it's courtesy of Nick Garcia, again.

I've never seen a team that looks so good on paper yet plays so poorly.

Upsides: Fellinga, JDG

But DeRo? Dude's distracting himself with his brightly coloured shoes.

DowntownTO
10-10-2009, 06:38 PM
10 more days until FIFA 10. ;)
No playoffs means more time for gaming.. haha

King Jeff
10-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Fellinga was one of the only shining stars out there today. All of his balls were nearly picture perfect. Other than that... fuck.

Well, I'm glad somebody other than me felt this way. The idiots sitting around me spent pretty much the whole game talking about how useless Fellinga was. I thought I was watching a completely different game.

But, yeah...irrelevant.

Oldtimer
10-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Actually JDG had a very good game and made a lot of great plays.
DeRo had good moments but was inconsistent.

All MLS squads have their "holes" due to the roster restrictions and salary cap. You get some good players, maybe one or two great players, and some not-so-good players.

TFC's difference is that our not-so-good players are absolute crap.

Torontotonto
10-10-2009, 06:45 PM
What a way to start a Thanksgiving weekend.
We give it up in extra time...again.
Don't blame Garcia as much as he has been a liability, it was a great shot, however it looked like he didn't put much effort at such a crucial time to get some part of his body in front of the ball.

CC didn't do his job, and should have made some changes a lot earlier.
He's gotta go. Bring in some real coaching talent, for the price of De Guz, we could hire almost any coach in the world.
This game sucked from the start. Had a bad feeling throughout the match. I knew we should have got and insurance marker based on were the worst team in the last 10 minutes in the MLS.

De Guzman seems to be way under utilized since joining this team.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...

:flare::scarf::drum:

Redpunkfiddle
10-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Well, I'm glad somebody other than me felt this way. The idiots sitting around me spent pretty much the whole game talking about how useless Fellinga was. I thought I was watching a completely different game.

But, yeah...irrelevant.

He should have been more ruthless on a couple of shot opportunities. But otherwise did fairly well. For someone (once again ) playing out of position.

Snowy
10-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I gotta say I thought JDG was excellent today, unfortunately he creates an opportunity and it is wasted. His skill creates space, he holds the ball up and attracts opposing players then moves the ball in to space. It is brilliant to watch, but the attacking players are not on the same page as he is. I see a bright future when they start understanding what each other is doing, but that will be next season.

Fellinga also looked very good today. He needs more time, but I like what I see.

I am really excited for next season, and good thing, because this season is over. That draw today was the nail in the coffin that sealed it.

rocktml
10-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Oh The Reds Are Shite!

rocker
10-10-2009, 06:59 PM
loved Fellinga's crosses today. finally someone who can cross a ball straight and nice.
JDG was a joy to watch.

TFC Cityboy
10-10-2009, 07:00 PM
ffs...those of you calling for a boycott, get real...we gave away points carelessly, yes. If supporting a team that fucks up is not for you, jump on the bandwagon of one of the top clubs.
I'm pissed off as fuck, but, please, get real. Besides, next week is Danny Dichio day and we owe it to the big man.
Right I'm off to crawl into a hole...

flambe
10-10-2009, 07:07 PM

You're forgetting the fact the fact that he's a CANADIAN DP. I honestly believe that that is why we have him, not due to need or neccesity, but because he's Canadian. He didn't play badly, but I really feel our $$'s could have been spent somewhere more productive and useful.

As for Cummins, the guy is an idiot, no footy savvy at all. No real idea of what he is doing. 1 sub.....meh, idiocy.

The minute we scored the goal we backed off, literally. It was an embarressment plain and simple. Even the goal was lucky, no real chances throughout the whole game.

ArmenJBX
10-10-2009, 07:12 PM
You're forgetting the fact the fact that he's a CANADIAN DP. One who really didn't want to be here in the first place. Biggest waste of DP dollars ever IMHO.

WOW. A week ago everyone is gushing over JDG, and now he's the biggest waste of money ever?

I dunno if it's just me, but it seems like the majority of people here just love pointing the finger of blame on everyone possible. JDG is a good player who will do his bit. How can JDG be at fault today!? More importantly, what other 28 year old DP would you have signed, realistically? Stop living in FIFA Manager Mode and see that TFC is an MLS club, so we'd either get a wash up, or a Canadian international. I'm glad we got someone who will be able to play for the next three years, without a wheelchair.

Chevy
10-10-2009, 07:16 PM
+1. JDG would fare a lot better if our defenders didn't punt the ball up to the forwards on every possession.

Manpon
10-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Shit game. I don't think the players came to play the full 90 minutes plus. They all looked out of gas. Can't remember the time mark, but there was a ball clearing from our end and DeRo had a clear run at it, but just jogged to it and got beaten. I also think the reffing was very poor. Also, the player that scored for San Jose, mocking the supporters in NEE wasn't smart. Cocksucker.

DichioTFC
10-10-2009, 07:20 PM
first off, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

lets put things into perspective, nothing short of a playoff birth will make me believe in cummins or this MF-heavy squad again. SECOND-WORST team in the league, IN OUR HOUSE and we 1. cant find a second goal or 2. DEFEND IN THE 93'??????? what are we, the buffalo bills of the MLS?? fuck this shit, i'm upset that i already bought tickets for next week's game.

lastly, i smashed my knuckles punching the 113-114 metal wall as i was leaving IMMEDIATELY after SJ scored that last goal... hand slightly bruised, but OMG i could've torn down the field if i had a chance.

flambe
10-10-2009, 07:20 PM
WOW. A week ago everyone is gushing over JDG, and now he's the biggest waste of money ever?

I dunno if it's just me, but it seems like the majority of people here just love pointing the finger of blame on everyone possible. JDG is a good player who will do his bit. How can JDG be at fault today!? More importantly, what other 28 year old DP would you have signed, realistically? Stop living in FIFA Manager Mode and see that TFC is an MLS club, so we'd either get a wash up, or a Canadian international. I'm glad we got someone who will be able to play for the next three years, without a wheelchair.

er......

I never gushed over JDG...ever.

Yeah he's 28, big fucking deal. He's a defensive midfielder. We need a striker, unless you're happy with our abismal ability to score goals?

I never blamed him for the loss.

However I do think the only reason we went after him is cause he's Canadian, which to me is not a good reason to pay big $$'s for a player we don't really need.

and most inportantly, I edited that post cause I was rambling like a drunken fool :drinking::(

DichioTFC
10-10-2009, 07:21 PM
er......

I never gushed over JDG...ever.

Yeah he's 28, big fucking deal. He's a defensive midfielder. We need a striker, unless you're happy with our abismal ability to score goals?

I never blamed him for the loss.

However I do think the only reason we went after him is cause he's Canadian, which to me is not a good reason to pay big $$'s for a player we don't really need.

and most inportantly, I edited that post cause I was rambling like a drunken fool :drinking::(

as right as you are, we need defence slightly more than we need striking.

DichioTFC
10-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Shit game. I don't think the players came to play the full 90 minutes plus. They all looked out of gas. Can't remember the time mark, but there was a ball clearing from our end and DeRo had a clear run at it, but just jogged to it and got beaten. I also think the reffing was very poor. Also, the player that scored for San Jose, mocking the supporters in NEE wasn't smart. Cocksucker.

several times with several players.... honestly, barrett showed the most heart today with his hustle, everyone else was lacking.

__wowza
10-10-2009, 07:23 PM
DeRo being inconsisent that game was an understatement, he was having a really off game. Cummins, what can be said that hasnt been said before? He's got no brain. That's how the management can be blamed, hes still there. We know we have a problem giving up goals in the last 15, we know we have a conditioning problem on top of that, we know he's not been good with managing the last 15 minutes of the game, etc. etc. etc.

Even if we CAN get in, we shouldnt. A team shouldnt be in the playoffs because other teams LOSE we should be in because weve won.

Manpon
10-10-2009, 07:24 PM
several times with several players.... honestly, barrett showed the most heart today with his hustle, everyone else was lacking.

Barrett played very well...I'm just trying to figure out why he started playing well in Chicago and today...he's played shit all year, and decides to turn it on in the last couple of games

__wowza
10-10-2009, 07:24 PM
10 more days until FIFA 10. ;)
No playoffs means more time for gaming.. haha

hahahah. im glad someones looking forward to it as much as i am!

boysblue
10-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Today's result should really not come as a surprise to anybody who has followed this team. TFC are a mid-table team, nothing more and nothing less. On occasion they look like world beaters and the next week out they look like a reserve team. More often than not, however, they are mediocre.

There are some talented players who will form the base of next year's squad (Dero, JDG, Frei, Nana, Wynne, Cronin, Guevera), while others have proven over and over that they are simply not good enough.

The manager must go. We all know how many points TFC have dropped in the closing stages of games, but how may have they picked up late in games? I remember very few. These are the things that fall at the manager's feet.

Hoping for better in 2010 (but certainly not holding my breath).

Yohan
10-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Barrett played very well...I'm just trying to figure out why he started playing well in Chicago and today...he's played shit all year, and decides to turn it on in the last couple of games
huh? barrett's had couple of really good games all season

SoccMan
10-10-2009, 07:47 PM
We have no fucking bloody clue how to kill time when we got the lead. I could not believe what I was seeing. It was about 6 or so minutes from time and instead of keeping the ball and taking it over to the corner flag and killing time they were either dribbling right down the center taking players on,launching the ball to their center backs or putting crosses into the box. When you have a one goal lead with just minutes to go you try and kill the game anyway you can and the best way to do this is to keep possesion, play the ball wide or to the corners of the opositions area, dribble to the corner flag and try to kill the clock. Moreover, as a coach you can kill time buy making substitutions, we had two more substitutions that we could have made,however, none were made . How badly did this team want it?

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm not going next week. This is ridiculous. Hold a lead, its not THAT hard. We can't hold a lead against a team that won't make the playoffs. DeGuz is a defensive midfielder and we can't score, we also can't defend but we have tons of depth at midfield. Robbo should have been gone instead of Dichio being forced in to retirement.

Manpon
10-10-2009, 07:51 PM
huh? barrett's had couple of really good games all season

I love how you say that like it's a huge accomplishment...a couple of really good games..

Yohan
10-10-2009, 07:51 PM
another positive from the game

Brian Edwards. he really wasn't tested, but he was very aggressive coming out to collect crosses and such. man looked really motivated

like the GK options for TFC

Yohan
10-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I love how you say that like it's a huge accomplishment...a couple of really good games..
i also believe in giving credit when it's due

you're the one who said he's been terrible all season

Manpon
10-10-2009, 07:53 PM
another positive from the game

Brian Edwards. he really wasn't tested, but he was very aggressive coming out to collect crosses and such. man looked really motivated

like the GK options for TFC

Did you see him make the throw I believe it was in the first half..he fucking threw the ball WAY over the half..dude's got an arm!

grizzle
10-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Tough tie (though feels like a loss)... the team really only played full out for about 10 minutes after they scored, the rest of the game it looked pretty brutal. I thought JDG did a great job as well as Fellinga and of course Nana for putting that one in. I also think Edwards does a good job (though as stated wasn't tested much) and isn't bad for a backup. Other than that there should have been some more subs sooner.

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Did you see him make the throw I believe it was in the first half..he fucking threw the ball WAY over the half..dude's got an arm!

Serioux throws better than anyone on our team can kick corners.

Oldtimer
10-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Edwards is not good enough. Better positioning would have prevented that last goal.

TFCGIRL81
10-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Serioux throws better than anyone on our team can kick corners.

I have to agree!!!!

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I have to agree!!!!

Amado may be an exception, really missed up today. Although Fellinga is the guy that can play for us next year.

Yohan
10-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Edwards is not good enough. Better positioning would have prevented that last goal.
the last goal was a bit of bang bang play

didn't help that it was nana who blew the header and practically passed the ball to glen

you think TFC GKs learned by now to not to trust your defenders to clear properly lol

TFCGIRL81
I am really looking forward to seeing White and Fellinga play for us next year. :)

felipe
The boys played well today, each and everyone.

Noone deserves to be dumped on after their effort today.

they left it all out on the pitch.

As a fan, I can't ask for any more than that.

I am very proud of them.

You all should be to.

We'd all do well to lose the sense of entitlement - nothing comes easy that's worth having.

Shit happens - look at the positives.

We had what, five starters away? And we still played one of our best games of the season. Look at our depth now, its scary.

Its called growing pains. Its called bad luck.

when we start winning trophies, we'll be able to celebrate them that much more because we've suffered the heartache and stood by our boys. Each and every one of them.

there were no passengers today, no cunninghams, no ruiz's.

every player today would have happily bled themselves dry for TFC to win today. They all worked for each other, more than I can remember them doing for ages.

We saw hard work, commitment, teamwork, skill. It was awesome. We all saw their emotions out there; they're hurting more than we are.

there is nothing to be sad about, disapointed, sure - but be happy, the future looks very bright.

I'm very proud today to be a TFC fan

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I am dreading the Expansion Draft this year. Hopefully Garcia, Robbo, Vitti or Barrett can go.

cementhead
10-10-2009, 08:05 PM
We mark like crap and it came back to bite us in the ass!

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Sam Cronin makes me proud to be a TFC fan. He plays for whats on the front of the kit. He plays to make things happen. Today Lesly Fellinga showed he does the same. I am always proud to be a TFC fan.

shwade
10-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Also, did they make a typo on DeGuzman's shirt?
Fucking ridiculous.

Blizzard
10-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I spent the whole game waiting for a mistake by Garcia, hoping it wouldn't come. Didn't close down the man, then ducked...ducked so the ball wouldn't hit him. Where is the heart!

The real problem on this goal occurred when Nana flicked the ball over Edwards who had come out to take the ball.

Who's fault it was is anybody's guess. Nana did mention a communications problem with Edwards in his post-game interview on TFC-TV.

Either way, that play took the ball out of the keepers hands, it went directly to Glen and we know what happened.

__wowza
10-10-2009, 08:08 PM
I am too, but theres a lot of frustration around the way the teams being managed. I don't think any of our players go out and say "let's shit the bed on todays game!", but at the same time, we have a lot of organizaitonal issues. That's what gets me.

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 08:10 PM
As the chant goes its "for the boys on the field".

Beach_Red
10-10-2009, 08:13 PM

I haven't read this thread, but I have to say; really? After this game we're talking about Edwards?

The last place team in the league. Half their ream is away or injured. They played three days ago.

TFC is fighting for the final playoff spot, they've had two weeks off, it's a home game, they have DP now and... one goal? From a defender? One substituion because of injury (oh no, wait, they were about to take Fellinga off) the whole game?

Edwards is plenty good enough for this team.

Beach_Red
10-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Actually JDG had a very good game and made a lot of great plays.
DeRo had good moments but was inconsistent.

All MLS squads have their "holes" due to the roster restrictions and salary cap. You get some good players, maybe one or two great players, and some not-so-good players.

TFC's difference is that our not-so-good players are absolute crap.

And they play the whole game, and get crappier as it goes on.

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 08:16 PM
I haven't read this thread, but I have to say; really? After this game we're talking about Edwards?

The last place team in the league. Half their ream is away or injured. They played three days ago.

TFC is fighting for the final playoff spot, they've had two weeks off, it's a home game, they have DP now and... one goal? From a defender? One substituion because of injury (oh no, wait, they were about to take Fellinga off) the whole game?

Edwards is plenty good enough for this team.

Agree 100% Edwards played fine. Good enough for a win. The SE at the end of the game:

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Blizzard
10-10-2009, 08:17 PM

He came for the cross and would have had it if Nana hadn't flicked it over him.

It wasn't positioning, it was communication!

jabbronies
10-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Boring game overall. It had it's moments of excitment. But for the most part the ball was just being passed back and forth to either team with no real clear movement forward on either side until the end when San Jose pushed TFC right back into thier own freakin net.

Honestly, Edwards didn't loose us that game, the whole team did. We shouldn't have been pushed that deeply into our end so late in the game.

ilikemusic
10-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I would like to know why we didnt make three late changes if only to waste 45 seconds each time while our guy slowly walks off.

Also, where the hell did the ref get 4 freaking minutes from?

RedsYNWA
10-10-2009, 08:27 PM
“[If the game ended at] 93 minutes, I’d be a hero, 93 and a half you’re the worst coach, worst players in the world,” said interim head coach Chris Cummins after his side’s 1-1 draw with the San Jose Earthquakes.

HAHAHAH WHAT AN IDIOT COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE ESCORT THIS MAN ACROSS THE ATLANTIC

v00d00daddy
10-10-2009, 08:28 PM
The sad thing is that I left the stadium and I wasn't shocked or angry. They've done it so much this season that it just seemed appropriate.

I was holding out hope but knew deep down that they wouldn't pull off the three wins in a row.

That being said, they should have been able to beat SJ. This team is not run properly.

Beach_Red
10-10-2009, 08:30 PM
“[If the game ended at] 93 minutes, I’d be a hero, 93 and a half you’re the worst coach, worst players in the world,” said interim head coach Chris Cummins after his side’s 1-1 draw with the San Jose Earthquakes.

Did he really say that? A game against the worst team in the league - missing their best players, on the road on three days rest, he thinks scoring one goal at home against that is good enough?

A while ago on this board omeone said that guys like Cummins and Carver are quite happy with mid-table teams that just don't get relegated. It sounds like he is happy with that.

Chevy
10-10-2009, 08:30 PM

....OK, we're gonna have to go with "worst coach" then. :cool:

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 08:31 PM
I would like to know why we didnt make three late changes if only to waste 45 seconds each time while our guy slowly walks off.

I think I understand is math.

He worked on his dads farm, his dad had 6 other people working on the farm. Thats 7. Then his favorite number is 878. Thats 895. There are 90 minutes in a game. 985. He has slept with 7 women and 8 men. Thats 1000. Then all the cool kids divide by 250. Thats 4. Duh:hump:

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 08:32 PM
The sad thing is that I left the stadium and I wasn't shocked or angry. They've done it so much this season that it just seemed appropriate.

I was holding out hope but knew deep down that they wouldn't pull off the three wins in a row.

That being said, they should have been able to beat SJ. This team is not run properly.

Ya I thought we would screw up against NYRB.

Shakes McQueen
10-10-2009, 08:32 PM

That is fucking UNBELIEVABLE.

You really think you'd be a hero with a 1-0 home win over the incredibly roster-depleted worst team in the league? REALLY?

And I don't care about what would have happened if you hadn't conceded the goal. You did. Shut your mouth, and take responsibility. Opining about what might have happened if they had reached another result, is insane.

- Scott

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Fire that fucknut. What a fucking dipshit douchenozzle of a quote from Cummins.

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 08:34 PM
That is fucking UNBELIEVABLE.

You really think you'd be a hero with a 1-0 home win over the incredibly roster-depleted worst team in the league? REALLY?

And I don't care about what would have happened if you hadn't conceded the goal. You did. Shut your mouth, and take responsibility. Opining about what might have happened if they had reached another result, is insane.

- Scott

OHOHOHOHOHOHOH the what if game, thats my favorite. What if he didnt coach our team? We would be in the playoffs. See told you it was fun.

Yohan
10-10-2009, 08:35 PM
douchenozzle
word of the day

king dave would be proud of you

Beach_Red
10-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Fire that fucknut. What a fucking dipshit douchenozzle of a quote from Cummins.

Well, he knows he only has two games left.

Was Ali Gerba available today?

DOMIN8R
10-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Only in the MLS will you find a teams up 1-0 and play defensive/time wasting tactics from the 70th minute. Any other league would play to score again and create a cushion. Time and time again we do the same thing.

Say what you will about JC but he never believed in sitting back. He always wanted more goals. A margin of 1 was never enough. You can see how teams that play us change their tactices when they see that we're trying to kill time and play defensively. They sub in offense minded players. Because there is no risk to so so. If we kept the pressure on all the time we would have been up more than 1 goal.

But MLS culture is parity breeds a hunker down mentality. We never seem to want to go for the jugular. I don't know how we can change that. It seems that players who have been playing in MLS for more than 4 years believe that this is the only way once a lead is achieved.

shwade
10-10-2009, 08:43 PM
in the post-game interview CC said the only thing more he could do was get on the pitch and push the players forward himself...the players do it themselves.

Beach_Red
10-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Only in the MLS will you find a teams up 1-0 and play defensive/time wasting tactics from the 70th minute. Any other league would play to score again and create a cushion. Time and time again we do the same thing.

Say what you will about JC but he never believed in sitting back. He always wanted more goals. A margin of 1 was never enough. You can see how teams that play us change their tactices when they see that we're trying to kill time and play defensively. They sub in offense minded players. Because there is no risk to so so. If we kept the pressure on all the time we would have been up more than 1 goal.

But MLS culture is parity breeds a hunker down mentality. We never seem to want to go for the jugular. I don't know how we can change that. It seems that players who have been playing in MLS for more than 4 years believe that this is the only way once a lead is achieved.

Really, you think it's league-wide? Then how come every team we play against presses for the last ten minutes and scores against us? Sometimes to tie, often to win. Not much hunkering down from our opposition.

Today SJ was half a team with nothing to play for. And yet...

LesH
10-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Ya I thought we would screw up against NYRB.

Me too...

marquis
10-10-2009, 08:48 PM
It's not the league's fault that we suck. There are good teams in the MLS, we're just not one of them. We truly, really are a shit team.

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Me too...

it just seemed so TFC, lose on the last day of the season to the worst team in the one game you need to win. You tricked us Cummins.

DOMIN8R
10-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Really, you think it's league-wide? Then how come every team we play against presses for the last ten minutes and scores against us? Sometimes to tie, often to win. Not much hunkering down from our opposition.

Today SJ was half a team with nothing to play for. And yet...

Teams only press hard when we are up or they otherwise believe that they have nothing to loose. SJ had nothing to loose - so why not press for the equalizer. We hunker and they know that we're not going to press forward so they do. If you watch other MLS games regularly, you see it all the time.

I just watched CC post game and he said "it's as if you said score a goal and then everybody drop back to the backbox...."

It's our effen curse. We score and then decide to try and hold the line.

FluSH
10-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Teams only press hard when we are up or they otherwise believe that they have nothing to loose. SJ had nothing to loose - so why not press for the equalizer. We hunker and they know that we're not going to press forward so they do. If you watch other MLS games regularly, you see it all the time.

I just watched CC post game and he said "it's as if you said score a goal and then everybody drop back to the backbox...."

It's our effen curse. We score and then decide to try and hold the line.

Let's give credit where it's due... the SJ coach had a sense of subbing in the right people... in fact of using more than 1 sub. and The sub, the one with the fresh legs scores...

FluSH
10-10-2009, 09:04 PM

Someone needs to tell Cummins that the hero is:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/images/media/yallop_action_w.jpg

Cummins got a serious schooling in coaching... at our expense.

DichioTFC
10-10-2009, 09:10 PM

fookin disgrace

http://hygen.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/drogba.jpg

MartinUtd
10-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Horrible game today. Although I must admit its the first time ive seen Fellinga prove his worth. But really, how much more complacent could we look sitting on a 1-0 lead? Its way too easy to blame Cummins for this but some of the fault has to be put on the players. We can't win games by only playing 75 minutes and for some reason that's the game plan we see time and time again. Like, wtf do we have to do to this team? Electro shock?

ArmenJBX
10-10-2009, 09:22 PM

What a fucking asshole. You're not a hero. You were never a hero. Not one of your tactics have influenced a game at all. Mostly we got by when De Ro took matters upon his own shoulders, and dragged a win out of us. Not you, CC.

Someone punch his plane ticket. to be honest with you, this guys a clown!

werewolf
10-10-2009, 09:23 PM
White should have been subbed off before the 75th min, he was running on empty...and I use the term running lightly.

MartinUtd
10-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah I'm surprised Gerba wasn't added into the mix... or at the very least Gomez to give some extra strength at the back

Beach_Red
10-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah I'm surprised Gerba wasn't added into the mix... or at the very least Gomez to give some extra strength at the back

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but the first twent minutes or so of this game seemed made for Gerba. Where was he today? Why didn't he start at White come in later?

MartinUtd
10-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but the first twent minutes or so of this game seemed made for Gerba. Where was he today? Why didn't he start at White come in later?

Oh absolutely it is, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect him to see some action regardless of which way the results went.

But like a few people were mentioning earlier, how do you play a game so important as this one and not use ANY tactical subs? That at least, is not hindsight. I have no idea what was going on in Cummins head... unless of course it was nothing at all and he was sucked in to being a spectator.

DichioTFC
10-10-2009, 09:42 PM
note to coach cummins:

you're ahead by a goal. your team has a habit of giving up late goals. its the 75'. you're playing 4 in the back. put in a 5th.

how complicated is this concept?

TFC_Toon
10-10-2009, 09:42 PM
White was one of the better players out there for me...

Ran his socks off FluSh.

TFC07
10-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Same old story. What else is new in TFC land? :rofl:

BTW, Mo and CC both need to go. We need proper defenders, coaching staff, wingers and a striker. This team has too many holes. :facepalm:

werewolf
10-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Ran his socks off FluSh.

he did play well, and gave a complete effort. Unfortunately, he had no energy left, and the game wasn't over. Gerba, Ibrahim, even Gala could have came in, or a Gambian and play more defensively. It was surprising that only 1 sub. was used.

AL-MO
10-10-2009, 10:10 PM

Why do people always call on us when they want something done.

Fuck off bud.

onemanbarmyarmy
10-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Fuck off bud.

You can't just be poster boys for the good and not the bad. Cheer up it's all over for another six months.

Carts
10-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Fuck off bud.

Vitti sucks!

onemanbarmyarmy
10-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Vitti sucks!

Vitti should be gone after this year. An experiment that failed. Maybe if he will take a 50% paycut then maybe but other than that he is a bust.

AL-MO
10-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Sorry, but I need to agree with the boycott.
I'm a TFC fan, unfortunately (or fortunately???) I'm in New Jersey, so I can't go to games.

But this time I say that it need to be done what real supporters in serious European championships do after some very bad games of there teams. They do not show up, for 1,2 or even more home games, until the team at least improves a bit. Until at least they play with soul.

Next week BMO field should have about 5,000 people.

This is the only way that the FO can be really shown that the supporters are the only success of this franchize until now, and they can not ignore forever to put out a quality product on the playing field. Period.

Maybe many of you won't agree with me, but think about it!!!!

Tell us how its done!

Oldtimer
10-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm going to be there for the team and for Danny Dichio.

I'm not boycotting anything.

onemanbarmyarmy
10-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Tell us how its done!

Honestly, red patch boys make up less than the 5000 that you want to be left at the game. Even if red patch, NEE and Usector all boycott the game it probably doesn't add up to 5000. Why bother? Noone will notice and people will just fill in the spaces. Besides the banner patrol needs to unfurl their banner for DD and noone wants to miss out on that back patting fiasco.

DichioTFC
10-10-2009, 10:29 PM
what are we, the Montreal Expos? FFS, we BARELY missed the playoffs (assuming the likely, of course) and people are talking about needing a revolution.

Please keep head out of ass, please.

s2cazz
10-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I know theres a lot of Vitti hate going on and I can agree with the arguement that he is way too expensive... but did anyone else see that moment of magic he and JDG had, or was it just me?

onemanbarmyarmy
10-10-2009, 10:38 PM
what are we, the Montreal Expos? FFS, we BARELY missed the playoffs (assuming the likely, of course) and people are talking about needing a revolution.

Please keep head out of ass, please.
To be honest I am very glad that I did a soccer road trip to Edinburgh early this year. It put into perspective the plight of the TFC fan. I sat through some absolute SHITE football and spent the day with a fan that had a scarf from the 60's that "was full of so many tears that you cant wash it or it would desintegrate". I also saw a game that put a team in to the "coveted" third spot in the SPL and saw fans that were very proud of that. I learned that we have a long way to go as supporters and it is going to suck at times. In fact, some of that suck time is going to be the best times in hind site because not only will it seperate the wheat from the shaf but it will justify the better times. This is all part of being a fan of your home town club. If you want to follow champions exclusively be a ManU "Fan" or a Yankees "fan". Leave the supporting to those who get it.

AL-MO
10-10-2009, 10:42 PM
You can't just be poster boys for the good and not the bad. Cheer up it's all over for another six months.

What does this even mean?

Whenever there is an issue bad/good it comes down to us, and what we are doing. We are the lightning rods of TFC Supporters. We are not leading up a boycott. People want to walk out or whatever can do so themselves.

Honestly, red patch boys make up less than the 5000 that you want to be left at the game. Even if red patch, NEE and Usector all boycott the game it probably doesn't add up to 5000. Why bother? Noone will notice and people will just fill in the spaces. Besides the banner patrol needs to unfurl their banner for DD and noone wants to miss out on that back patting fiasco.

Yeah because that's why we are doing it! :rolleyes:

I am in disbelief with some of your posts recently Stu.

TFC07
10-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I know theres a lot of Vitti hate going on and I can agree with the arguement that he is way too expensive... but did anyone else see that moment of magic he and JDG had, or was it just me?

Yeah, it was nice to see.

BTW, there is reports that Vitti is coming back next season (hopefully taking a huge paycut). I understand why there is hate for Vitti due to his contract, but people got remember how hard it is to move to new country and not knowing how to speak English while playing a soccer style you never played before. It takes time to adjust to this! So I think people shouldn't be too hard on Vitti.

onemanbarmyarmy
10-10-2009, 10:54 PM
What does this even mean?

Whenever there is an issue bad/good it comes down to us, and what we are doing. We are the lightning rods of TFC Supporters. We are not leading up a boycott. People want to walk out or whatever can do so themselves.

Yeah because that's why we are doing it! :rolleyes:

I am in disbelief with some of your posts recently Stu.

Yeah if you are the ones who want the cudos for the atmosphere and the gameday experience you are going to have to weather the storm of others who think you have some sort of pull with the club and can effect change or show some kind of cohesion in an attempt to parle the displeasure of the fans to the FO. People have mistakenly come to the conclusion that RPB are there to represent them solely based on the fact that they paid their $20 for something more than a scarf or some dog tags. This will always be the burden of a well publicised fan club unless they let it be known that they are only there to chant and make banners nothing more nothing less.

I, more than ever after today, appreciate DD for all he has done and you can note that I was about the third on the pitch after the "miracle lob" at the end of the first season. I also know that if everyone boycotted the last game who would be there to unfurl the big DD banner and, even more importantly, who would be there to witness it.

flatpicker
10-10-2009, 10:54 PM

BTW, there is reports that Vitti is coming back next season (hopefully taking a huge paycut). I understand why there is hate for Vitti due to his contract, but people got remember how hard it is to move to new country and not knowing how to speak English while playing a soccer style you never played before. It takes time to adjust to this! So I think people shouldn't be too hard on Vitti.

I'm fine with having Vitti back another year at a reduced salary.

onemanbarmyarmy
10-10-2009, 10:56 PM

Understandable but this is a sport that relys on production and he plays a position that is particularily influnced by such. If he took a pay cut I think some tunes would change. Including mine.

Roogsy
10-10-2009, 11:13 PM

Technically that should happen. In reality it never does and professional coaches and players know that.

Darlofletch
10-10-2009, 11:14 PM
well, another game blown in the last few minutes. annoying as all fuck. but boycott the next game? what? fuck off!

Roogsy
10-10-2009, 11:17 PM

How about instead of sweeping generalities you put some effort in your analysis and realize that there are varying opinions on this board and that they come from different people. Like myself for example...from the day his signing was official, I said that it was too little too late and that it would not be enough to get us into the playoffs. Specifically I said "we needed this in July".

To be frank...$3mill a year could have been spent on something else other than another midfielder.

Anyways...I am not freaking out or angry out of my mind. I came to grips with TFC's failings already and had already accepted that the playoffs were not happening this year. Yeah, I was told I had given up too early, but objective analysis is a cruel bitch. This team wasn't good enough for the playoffs this year, it was obvious a long time ago.

Jeff s
10-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I know the chances are a little worse but ummm...

I dont think ive heard anything dummer than boycotting a team who can still technically get in a play off spot. No really, what if they get in the playoff? Seriously stop talking out of your ass!

onemanbarmyarmy
10-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Evryone knows that a boycott means nothing to a business in North America. If the product doesnt sell just get rid of it. Cut your losses and move on. 3 years isn't a big time investment and barring any contractual commitment MLSE would have little to loose just dumping TFC if things started to go south. For that matter they would probably cut bait and flee at the very first signs of profit loss. This isn't earope or south america where the club has a century of history or a connection to the community. How many people had even heard of the Toronto MLS bid before it was a publicized reality? A boycott would just mean that the product doesn't work; lets get rid of it and look for other revenue streams. Toronto FC = New Coke. Go ahead and try boycotting afew games of your already paid for season tix. I'm sure they (MLSE) are really going to notice. I bet the execs of MLSE didn't find out the score of the TFC game until after the Leafs game ended.

Roogsy
10-10-2009, 11:24 PM

QFT

Every week that goes by, every quote from this man has only made me more sure that I don't want him back next year. This man will never lead us to any success or glory.

onemanbarmyarmy
10-10-2009, 11:25 PM
How about instead of sweeping generalities you put some effort in your analysis and realize that there are varying opinions on this board and that they come from different people. Like myself for example...from the day his signing was official, I said that it was too little too late and that it would not be enough to get us into the playoffs. Specifically I said "we needed this in July".

To be frank...$3mill a year could have been spent on something else other than another midfielder.

Anyways...I am not freaking out or angry out of my mind. I came to grips with TFC's failings already and had already accepted that the playoffs were not happening this year. Yeah, I was told I had given up too early, but objective analysis is a cruel bitch. This team wasn't good enough for the playoffs this year, it was obvious a long time ago.

I agree. I would have rather had the grass deal done then test the FA market. Bet we could have paid a much better player the same money. Instead we signed a third DM and missed the playoffs anyway.

AL-MO
10-10-2009, 11:29 PM
QFT

Every week that goes by, every quote from this man has only made me more sure that I don't want him back next year. This man will never lead us to any success or glory.

Seems like a JP Ricciardi moment or comment to me. He knows he done, so he starts talking out of his ass.

Roogsy
10-10-2009, 11:30 PM
And unlike JP...we shouldn't wait for an entire generation of players to pass through before we look to change management.

Roogsy
10-10-2009, 11:32 PM
I know the chances are a little worse but ummm...

I dont think ive heard anything dummer than boycotting a team who can still technically get in a play off spot. No really, what if they get in the playoff? Seriously stop talking out of your ass!

A little worse? LOL! The chances are basically as good as a lightning strike. Although I am not in favour of a boycott right now. There is one game to go and we have the Dichio tribute we've been working on. A boycott right now won't be supported and will have little effect. To be honest, anything short of massive abstaining from ticket renewals won't get much attention right now.

AL-MO
10-10-2009, 11:34 PM
A boycott ain't fucking happening. I will tell you that much.

Limani_Ole
10-10-2009, 11:35 PM
yeah boycott wont make a difference.. make it your last game and dont renew your season tickets next year..

im sure there will be plenty of seats available next year, and you'll have your pick of games.. even the scalpers couldnt sell tickets at less than cost..

what I find more disappointing than the tie is they expect me to pay more next year for less games.. they are really pricing fans out of the stadium and I notice more spectators and less supporters at the game.. its taking away from the atmosphere..

ahh the good old days.. when you got what you paid for and half the fun was chanting/signing

TFC OZZ
10-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Can't imagine how our boys feel right now; so I'm not gonna even attempt to. I don't think it's right to put all the blame on CC here (although many of you think it is); he's partially responsible, as is every single player on the field who game in game out play lacidasically in the last 20 minutes. Sure you can say he "told them to play possession football"; but as per usual the only guy on the fucking pitch who ran after every ball that was near him was none other than Chad Barrett and De Ro to an extent. I'm not gonna blame the coach when I see guys walking around the field; these are professionals who should each in their own righ tbe able to play the full 90 (less injury). The amount of idiotic and useless 5 foot passes today was madness.

Anyone who doesn't go to a match to try and "prove a point" is not a supporter of the football club in my eyes. Whether we're first or last, I'll be there.

Roogsy
10-10-2009, 11:37 PM
yeah boycott wont make a difference.. make it your last game and dont renew your season tickets next year..

im sure there will be plenty of seats available next year, and you'll have your pick of games.. even the scalpers couldnt sell tickets at less than cost..

what I find more disappointing than the tie is they expect me to pay more next year for less games.. they are really pricing fans out of the stadium and I notice more spectators and less supporters at the game.. its taking away from the atmosphere..

ahh the good old days.. when you got what you paid for and half the fun was chanting/signing

Exactly. What am I paying more money for?

With a car, there is new technology and new features.

With a house, there is better building methods and materials.

With TFC, I am paying substantially more for the same product I saw in game 1 of year 1.

I had an extra pair of tickets today and I couldn't even GIVE them away to friends. If that doesn't show this team is well past it's honeymoon and need to WAKE UP, I don't know what does.

jazzy
10-10-2009, 11:46 PM

All we want is 1 win, controlling the course of 1 game , 1 team fearful of say...are counterattack or anything?...1 day of fun..1 coach who shows some exciting tactics in the game.......who says anything of the playoffs? weeks ago really we had no chance..of entertaining such notions..mo and the lot probably realised this...with the DP signing...kinda leaf like no?

VPjr
10-11-2009, 12:07 AM
If that doesn't show this team is well past it's honeymoon and need to WAKE UP, I don't know what does.

But how could that be true...there are all those tens of thousands of people just waiting desperately to get their hands on season tickets.

I agree with you Roogsy. FO loves to boast about their huge waiting list but the truth is that 90% or more of those people on the waiting list only want season tickets in the cheapest sections of the stadium. When large numbers of expensive season tickets don't get renewed this year (and from people I talk to that have seats in the more expensive sections, there are alot that will not be renewing), expect to see alot of those people on the waiting list to turn them down as well.

The reality is that this is a mediocre level of soccer and ought to be priced as such. The team is not a playoff team in a mediocre league, meaning that it is a a less than mediocre team but the ticket prices are more in line with what you would charge for a league champion.

I still have not renewed my two pairs for next year. it will be a last minute decision, either way. I hate to say it but I've got no interest in being there week in, week out (at least not until Mo has departed the organization)

Limani_Ole
10-11-2009, 12:08 AM
I dont have a problem supporting TFC at the bottom of the table.. but year over year increases on ticket prices with no on field improvement and less games makes we wonder..am I leaf fan? and its not as if the team is in financial trouble that they need the extra cash.. sure they are a business and it is their purpose to make money.. but they may be causing more harm than good to the teams support..

And if they make the playoffs... it will be interesting to see how much those tickets cost.. or better yet what the increase will be for season tickets the year after..

BTW...I'll be downgrading my season tickets and wont be buying any concacaf qualifying games.. I'll buy those tickets depending on the teams they play..

VPjr
10-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Seems like a JP Ricciardi moment or comment to me. He knows he done, so he starts talking out of his ass.

He knew he was done weeks ago. he's just watching the minutes tick off the clock now, waiting to hop on a flight back to Heathrow on October 26.

AL-MO
10-11-2009, 12:15 AM
He knew he was done weeks ago. he's just watching the minutes tick off the clock now, waiting to hop on a flight back to Heathrow on October 26.

Oh I know....but it seems very similar to JP's comments a few weeks ago. (the whole thing about it not mattering who the GM is, they still have to compete against the Yanks and the Bosox)

Whoop
10-11-2009, 12:41 AM
But how could that be true...there are all those tens of thousands of people just waiting desperately to get their hands on season tickets.

I agree with you Roogsy. FO loves to boast about their huge waiting list but the truth is that 90% or more of those people on the waiting list only want season tickets in the cheapest sections of the stadium. When large numbers of expensive season tickets don't get renewed this year (and from people I talk to that have seats in the more expensive sections, there are alot that will not be renewing), expect to see alot of those people on the waiting list to turn them down as well.

The reality is that this is a mediocre level of soccer and ought to be priced as such. The team is not a playoff team in a mediocre league, meaning that it is a a less than mediocre team but the ticket prices are more in line with what you would charge for a league champion.

I still have not renewed my two pairs for next year. it will be a last minute decision, either way. I hate to say it but I've got no interest in being there week in, week out (at least not until Mo has departed the organization)

This quote is bang on.

A boycott will do shit. If you want to get the attention of the FO is not to renew. The cheap seats will always be full... but those expensive seats... if the team isn't winning... say bye bye.

Blizzard
10-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Oh I know....but it seems very similar to JP's comments a few weeks ago. (the whole thing about it not mattering who the GM is, they still have to compete against the Yanks and the Bosox)

There's more truth to that in regards to MLB of course. When a team can have a payroll more than twice its competitors, there is a problem.

We don't have that particular issue in MLS fortunately but that puts even more onus on management to make the right decisions.

Dino, I doubt Mo is going anywhere. At this point, all I want from Mo is a head coach with experience, a head coach who can take what talent we have and mold it, cultivate it and turn it into a decent squad.

I may be in a fast shrinking minority but I truly do believe that the talent on this squad would be garnering much better results with a proper head coach. The individual pieces of our team are better than the whole! It's exactly the opposite of what a team really should be.

Chris was never supposed to be our head coach and it was only the disappearance of Carver that put him in that position. I don't blame Cummins for that. Mo should have made Cummins a short term interim while he found someone more qualified with Cummins returning to assistants role once the new coach was in place. I actually feel sorry for Cummins. He's probably wishing he never came to Canada ... especially with his family not joining him here.

Mo deserves blame but I don't think MLSE is going to dump him and so the best case scenario IMO is that he hires an experienced head coach.

See you guys on Monday morning!

B

Yohan
10-11-2009, 05:44 AM
the one that they played pass and go with each other to penetrate SJ defence (and the ball got given away by some other dude?)

ilikemusic
10-11-2009, 05:46 AM
I may be in a fast shrinking minority but I truly do believe that the talent on this squad would be garnering much better results with a proper head coach. The individual pieces of our team are better than the whole! It's exactly the opposite of what a team really should be.

You can include me in that minority.

Yohan
10-11-2009, 05:50 AM
Dino, I doubt Mo is going anywhere. At this point, all I want from Mo is a head coach with experience, a head coach who can take what talent we have and mold it, cultivate it and turn it into a decent squad.

same here

I truly believe that if someone like Steve Nicol or Sigi Schmid or Bruce Arena is managing TFC right now, we would be among top teams in the league, instead of bottom 3rd

Batman
10-11-2009, 06:40 AM
There's more truth to that in regards to MLB of course. When a team can have a payroll more than twice its competitors, there is a problem.

We don't have that particular issue in MLS fortunately but that puts even more onus on management to make the right decisions.

Chris was never supposed to be our head coach and it was only the disappearance of Carver that put him in that position. I don't blame Cummins for that. Mo should have made Cummins a short term interim while he found someone more qualified with Cummins returning to assistants role once the new coach was in place. I actually feel sorry for Cummins. He's probably wishing he never came to Canada ... especially with his family not joining him here.

Mo deserves blame but I don't think MLSE is going to dump him and so the best case scenario IMO is that he hires an experienced head coach.

See you guys on Monday morning!

B

100% right on the money.

I also feel bad for Cummins. He won't be the head coach in a month...we all know that. But he gave it a try.

I feel the buck stops with Mo. He put Cummins in the position even though he'd never been a head coach.

He also assembled a team that isnt delivering.

And for that matter, he probably was somehow a factor in Carver bailing on the team early this year (although this is speculation on my part) which forced the need for a quick interim head coach.

3 year, 3 coaches, tons of players passing through...(some of which are doing incredibly well once they've left TFC) DP money available since year one and now that it's finally spent, somewhat misused.

To me, this is all on Mo.

felipe
10-11-2009, 07:09 AM
I was impressed with the team yesterday - they played had for ninety minutes.

they played one of their best games of the season.

They were unlucky.

We should all find one and give him a hug and tell them its alright, they did their best.

This just makes it all the sweeter, when we make the playoffs in dramatic fashion!

windsorlad111
10-11-2009, 07:24 AM

who is this prick?

FluSH
10-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Yeah if you are the ones who want the cudos for the atmosphere and the gameday experience you are going to have to weather the storm of others who think you have some sort of pull with the club and can effect change or show some kind of cohesion in an attempt to parle the displeasure of the fans to the FO. People have mistakenly come to the conclusion that RPB are there to represent them solely based on the fact that they paid their $20 for something more than a scarf or some dog tags.

Have you taken some sort of poll here...????? The membership funds goes towards banners, flags, tailgate expenses, roadtrip funding....

I don't get paid for this shit... noone here does.. I have a family... I have a demanding job... and I have Toronto FC.... If people are paying their member dues and thinking they can sit back and relax and do nothing they are sadly mistaken and you should direct them to me... From my experience talking to RPB's this is not the case... these are the members that get down and dirty and come out to paint... or come out at 10:00am in the morning to set-up a tailgate just so others can have their BBQ...

You need to be proactive.... if you want to do it through RPB then you join up... if you want to do it with other SG's then good on you... if you want to do it on your own... then all the best.

Chevy
10-11-2009, 07:49 AM

I think that was the most skilled three seconds of the season. Gave me some thoughts on how those two may work together in 2010 (with Vitti making less coin, of course :rolleyes:)

ArmenJBX
10-11-2009, 08:05 AM
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/MLS/East/TorontoFC.html

Win our next two games, and we have an 85% chance of making the playoffs.

We're not out of it yet. No Boycotts, no nothing, until we're out, we're in.

So, with that, and as always:

COOOOOOOOOME ONNNNN YOUUUUUUUUU REDS!!!! :D

ArmenJBX
10-11-2009, 08:07 AM
I think that was the most skilled three seconds of the season. Gave me some thoughts on how those two may work together in 2010 (with Vitti making less coin, of course :rolleyes:)

Why does Vitti have to make less? Not directed at you, Chevy, but in general. If that's the deal they agreed to, that's the deal. It's not our job to lower his salary! It's like me coming into someone elses workplace and saying they should take a paycut because there are better employees. If that's the deal they accepted, and Toronto FC can afford him, I say who cares. Plus, if there's a higher cap next year, it won't even matter.

Derko
10-11-2009, 08:08 AM

I am British what's your point!!!

Derko
10-11-2009, 08:09 AM

I agree 100%

trane
10-11-2009, 08:33 AM
To be honest I am very glad that I did a soccer road trip to Edinburgh early this year. It put into perspective the plight of the TFC fan. I sat through some absolute SHITE football and spent the day with a fan that had a scarf from the 60's that "was full of so many tears that you cant wash it or it would desintegrate". I also saw a game that put a team in to the "coveted" third spot in the SPL and saw fans that were very proud of that. I learned that we have a long way to go as supporters and it is going to suck at times. In fact, some of that suck time is going to be the best times in hind site because not only will it seperate the wheat from the shaf but it will justify the better times. This is all part of being a fan of your home town club. If you want to follow champions exclusively be a ManU "Fan" or a Yankees "fan". Leave the supporting to those who get it.

Yes, TFC problems is its supporters. You are correct. We need to be better supporters, and shut up just grin and bare it.

Or should I leave "your" TFC alone, like I shuold leave "your" Everton alone. Please teach us how to be real supporters.

Comparing TFC to a small Scotish side, or even Everton is just silly. They are limited by resources, we are not. Everton with limited resources compared to the top 4 and now Man City has put a great product on the filed by running an exelent organization. WE ARE NOT THAT. Vancouver and Montreal are going to be that. We are a question mark. Altough I like our young players, and for that Mo has to be praised. Now get us a top football man to run the team on the pitch.

However, It is too late to boycott anything. There are two more games, this is shite league, they may make it. But the problems are deeper then that, I still believe that the direction of the club is just wron managemnt down. Stop birthing at individual players, our roster is good enough to win in this shit league. We need a real experinced manager.

ensco
10-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Say what you will about JC but he never believed in sitting back.

OK Domin8r now that grass is approved, I feel liberated to go after you again! :hump:

Carver was the epitome of the manager trying to eek out 1-0 wins at home, and 0-0 road results.

He totally believed in clogging up the midfield, and wouldn't play strikers. The guy was married to the 4-5-1.

As far as I'm concerned, Cummins is Carver's man, and, while he experimented a bit earlier, he is now frequently doing the exact same thing Carver did (the piece-de-resistance being Cummins 4-6-0 formation against Chicago two weeks ago).

Batman
10-11-2009, 08:39 AM
I am British what's your point!!!

I dont think you'll find Jlo Biafra able to respond. He'll be having a timeout based upon some other posts. So we can let this ridiculous part of the thread die.

Yeoman
10-11-2009, 08:46 AM
all i need to know is who gets told by a cop to watch their swearing in 112?
apparently me and mccartney do?

TFC_Toon
10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
he did play well, and gave a complete effort. Unfortunately, he had no energy left, and the game wasn't over. Gerba, Ibrahim, even Gala could have came in, or a Gambian and play more defensively. It was surprising that only 1 sub. was used.

Agreed, the fact Cummins left two unused subs on the bench in a match with such importance still has me shaking my head.

Beach_Red
10-11-2009, 09:31 AM
OK Domin8r now that grass is approved, I feel liberated to go after you again! :hump:

Carver was the epitome of the manager trying to eek out 1-0 wins at home, and 0-0 road results.

He totally believed in clogging up the midfield, and wouldn't play strikers. The guy was married to the 4-5-1.

As far as I'm concerned, Cummins is Carver's man, and, while he experimented a bit earlier, he is now frequently doing the exact same thing Carver did (the piece-de-resistance being Cummins 4-6-0 formation against Chicago two weeks ago).

I know we'll never find out for sure, but I'd like to know if other coaches were approached and made offers before Carver signed on and also if other coaches were made offers after he left.

Is the team not offering enough money? Not offering long eough contract terms? Or not making offers at all?

I would just like to know what the team is trying to do.

ensco
10-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I know we'll never find out for sure, but I'd like to know if other coaches were approached and made offers before Carver signed on and also if other coaches were made offers after he left.

Is the team not offering enough money? Not offering long eough contract terms? Or not making offers at all?

I would just like to know what the team is trying to do.

Great question. I would add to that: exactly what kind of due diligence was done on Carver before he was offered a contract?

torontocelt
10-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes, TFC problems is its supporters. You are correct. We need to be better supporters, and shut up just grin and bare it.

Or should I leave "your" TFC alone, like I shuold leave "your" Everton alone. Please teach us how to be real supporters.

Comparing TFC to a small Scotish side, or even Everton is just silly. They are limited by resources, we are not. Everton with limited resources compared to the top 4 and now Man City has put a great product on the filed by running an exelent organization. WE ARE NOT THAT. Vancouver and Montreal are going to be that. We are a question mark. Altough I like our young players, and for that Mo has to be praised. Now get us a top football man to run the team on the pitch.

However, It is too late to boycott anything. There are two more games, this is shite league, they may make it. But the problems are deeper then that, I still believe that the direction of the club is just wron managemnt down. Stop birthing at individual players, our roster is good enough to win in this shit league. We need a real experinced manager.

I would hardly say Hibs are a small Scottish side, they are the fourth biggest in Scotland. Hibs have been around since 1875, which is almost 135 years in operation, TFC is in its third. Does anyone foresee TFC being in existence for anywhere near that amount of time, I would have my doubts? Hibs have had many managers during recent times who are way better than anything TFC have had, see Alex McLeish and Tony Mowbray. Their stadium is about 17,500 although it will only sell out depending on who they are playing. They also have one of the best youth set ups in Britain and regularly sell on products of this system for vast amounts of money. In recent years they have sold Scott Brown to Celtic for 4.4m pounds, Fletcher to Burnley for 3m pounds I think, Thompson to Rangers for 2.2m pounds etc. Hibs are pretty much a selling club now but they have zero debt because of it and they are in a very healthy financial position as opposed to other European clubs. Certainly if they were not a selling club and were able to retain their best players then they would have had a very good team.

I think what the other guy was trying to say is that there are leagues in the world, Scotland being one, where basically some teams have no chance of ever winning the league. Some fans understand this but support their team none the less and they basically pick different goals and benchmarks to be happy about. Hibs have their time in the sun on occassion so it is not all bad for them. TFC is different in that they should be on a similar setting to other teams due to the league structure for finance and wages. You are right when you say you cannot really compare the situations as by all accounts TFC should have just as much chance of winning the league as anyone. The biggest problem for me is without doubt a lack of a decent manager. A good manager can take an ordinary team and make them great, at the very least he will make them very difficult to beat. TFC need a good manager, the players are not that bad, some are even quite talented. The squad is very lop sided but the biggest problem is a lack of a good manager.

Macksam
10-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Except for the fact that a large portion ARE British...
They are a minority.

Macksam
10-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Straight up... the dominance of fans at BMO Field are not Italians or Portuguese, or Latinos... they are British...

It's like me going to Malvern Mall and saying... I laugh at the majority of people here that think they are Jamaican... well... guess what...
Brits born here? Because if that's what your implying, I think your wrong. I rarely come across anyone with a accent from the UK. Maybe in the supporters section there may be a fair amount. Also, the dominance of fans are guys aged between 18 to 30. I doubt you'll find as many British ex pats in that group as people that were born here.

Davenport
10-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Brits born here? Because if that's what your implying, I think your wrong. I rarely come across anyone with a accent from the UK. Maybe in the supporters section there may be a fair amount. Also, the dominance of fans are guys aged between 18 to 30. I doubt you'll find as many British ex pats in that group as people that were born here.
Do you go to games ?
The predominant accent comes from Britain...English, Scottish or Irish.

FluSH
10-11-2009, 10:37 AM

British immigrants, plus 1st and/or 2nd generation... prior to TFC all people from the U.K. sounded the same to me... I swear... now I can tell the differance between Scottish accents, Irish accents, London accents, Liverpool accents... It's all about culture... I lived in Malvern for 5yrs and the majority of people with Jamaican accents were 1st or 2nd generation!! I doubt this has changed... even I picked up Patois while in Malvern (it's all about the culture within your surroundings...) anyhow this is a whole different topic all together. The fact remains that Brits are a presence at BMO Field.

Macksam
10-11-2009, 10:58 AM
British immigrants, plus 1st and/or 2nd generation... prior to TFC all people from the U.K. sounded the same to me... I swear... now I can tell the differance between Scottish accents, Irish accents, London accents, Liverpool accents... It's all about culture... I lived in Malvern for 5yrs and the majority of people with Jamaican accents were 1st or 2nd generation!! I doubt this has changed... even I picked up Patois while in Malvern (it's all about the culture within your surroundings...) anyhow this is a whole different topic all together. The fact remains that Brits are a presence at BMO Field.
No denying that. When you mean second generation, you mean Brits that were born here right? If that's the case, how do they have UK accents?

As for second generation people having Jamaicans accents, well that's more or less them playing the part and exagerrating their own accents. It's so they can fit in with their clique at school.

Macksam
10-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Do you go to games ?
The predominant accent comes from Britain...English, Scottish or Irish.
Yeah, and most of the people around me sound like they were born in Canada. British ex-pats do make a sizeable chunk of support, but it's nothing compared to the people that were born here.

Beach_Red
10-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Great question. I would add to that: exactly what kind of due diligence was done on Carver before he was offered a contract?

Do you mean how much was he interviewed? It's a good question, this is where experience really come sinto play - both on the part of the one doing the hiring and the one beig hired.

Now, for many people MLS is realy an unknown quantity and they can't be sure how well they'll like it, though it does seem like TFC has had more tan its share of Tebily, Robert, Carver, etc., who quit on the team.

This is one of the main reasons I think people would like to see a coach with MLS experience, someone who is already comfortable with the league's wonky rules and atmosphere and can deal with it.

Somewhere, too, there's a guy out there who would just like to work with the players and not have to give a crap about salary cap and allocation money and discovery claims and would happy to leave all that to someone else. That was likely supposed to be the idea with Carver (and, as you say, Cummins who is really his man) but it didn't work out.

TFCtoMUFC
10-11-2009, 11:09 AM
who is this prick?

:deadhorse:

billyfly
10-11-2009, 11:22 AM
who is this prick?

Leader singer for the Dead Kennedys.

http://wofflings.wofflehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/dead-kennedys.jpg

ensco
10-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Do you mean how much was he interviewed? It's a good question, this is where experience really come sinto play - both on the part of the one doing the hiring and the one beig hired.

Carver could not handle the pressure from day one. He came unglued postgame on numerous occasions - going on and on repeatedly about the refs, saying he was going home because of Scholotto's diving, calling out Cunningham, calling out one game emergency replacement players.....it was all stuff that some hardcore supporters liked, but I would argue is antithetical to controlling the room or establishing a professional atmosphere. You never see a Nicol, Arena, Soehn, going on like that.

The fact that he would have trouble handling it had to be "knowable". Was a legitimate effort put into figuring this out (talking to Carver, talking to 10 people he'd worked with before, that sort of basic stuff).

I'll wager it wasn't done properly.

Rochdale
10-11-2009, 03:50 PM

well 2 and a half was when the guy went off on a stretcher, subs and the ref warned Seriouz and brennan on a few occasions to hurry up at throw ins.

SPARTACUS
10-11-2009, 04:57 PM
There should be sanctions against the SJ players....not Cannon however.
I feel bad for hard working players like Dero, see him at the end.... I thought he was gonna pounce on that b!tch for trying to gain 2-3 yards on a free kick. Finally he just hammered it away. Again DeRo I honestly felt for him on the day.
Also I cannot believe you guys still have the same odds as you did the last match! The Crew did you guys a huge favor by beating the Revs last night. So now everyone has played same amount of games that are involved in playoff hunt...If you guys actually win the next 2 games ya never know...Its crazy to think you guys are done yet. This is the greatest game on the planet. :flare::flare::flare::flare::flare:
Revs Play Chicage and Crew still....38
DC plays Crew and KC still...36
Dalls plays Colorado and Seattle...36

TFC plays RSL and NY...36

DichioTFC
10-12-2009, 03:57 AM

Best post I've read in a long time. Jimmy's right, WE CAN STILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! Time for Coach Cummins to prove us all wrong!!!

:scarf::scarf::scarf: