PDA

View Full Version : 66 Year Old, Calls TFC Old

[NBF]
10-10-2009, 12:35 AM
The old man, is my old man, he saw an episode of TFC Preview and said the team looked old. A look at the current TFC roster confirmed that nearly half our roster is over 28 years old.

30 And Older:

(MF) Guevara = 33
(MF) Robinson = 32
(MF) Brennan = 32
(MF) DeRosario = 31
(DF) Garcia = 30
(DF) Serioux = 30
On The Bubble:

(MF) De Guzman = 28
(FW) Gerba = 28
27 And Below:

(GK) Edwards = 25
(MF) Vitti = 24
(DF) Fellinga = 24
(FW) Barrett = 24
(DF) Wynne = 23
(FW) White = 23
(GK) Frei = 23
(MF) Cronin = 22
(DF) Gala = 20
(DF) Attakora = 20
(FW) Ibrahim = 18
(DF) Gomez = 18
(MF) Sanyang = 18
If you notice, the guys that are the oldest on the team are the guys that are either injured or on the verge of becoming free agents once their contracts expire. Good Job Mo!

James Oliphant
10-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Must be Fri....well, sort of.

rocker
10-10-2009, 01:02 AM
median age of 24.. not bad.

Stryker
10-10-2009, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the breaking news. Be sure to let us know the the next time he takes a shit too eh?

Carts
10-10-2009, 07:04 AM
NBF - looking at the ages set out like that I like our roster even more (thanks for showing the strength in how we're building)...

To properly develop younger players, you need veteran players on the roster to mentor them...

You could have a team full of 21-23 year old great prospects, and play them every game in every situation, and they wouldn't develop nearly as well, or nearly as quickly as those on a roster with veteran players to mentor them...

And not just older players, but older players who have had success at different levels. Dero can mentor players on the MLS and the success he's had here. JDG on international play in Europe, and the ups and downs. Guevara (with a translator lol) on FIFA international play with Honduras...

You should remind your father that the MLS is unlike any other league in the world (with the rules of the cap, drafting, trading etc) and that a roster built like this, is one to build a foundation for much success in the future - and if things fall into play, success sooner rather than later...

Carts...

Smuttynose
10-10-2009, 07:11 AM
^ very well said!

Mikey
10-10-2009, 08:45 AM
MLS is an old-player league.
You're not a "prospect" at 23, you're half way to retiring as a pro!!
Most other leagues have players in their prime at mid twenties, for some reason MLS seems to run five years behind that.....college draft maybe?

[NBF]
10-10-2009, 10:33 AM
:scarf:
Thanks for the breaking news. Be sure to let us know the the next time he takes a shit too eh?

HAHAHA!

I was just mentioning this because we were talking about the Argentinian first division and commenting on how good they were as well their age.

Stryker: I'll let you know if he shits some prize winners:D

http://www.bradlaughs.com/images/gold-poop.jpg

..... I think this one should be considered for Real Man of Genius!:D

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/100441164/Pootrap_Animal_Poop_Collector.jpg

Stryker
10-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Now I've seen everything. If I put that on my dog I wouldn't blame him if he mauled my face the next time I went to sleep.