Heres what I think CC should trot out:

--------------------------- Frei -------------------------
----------- Wynne ------- Gomez* --------- Nana --------
(*Serioux, if available)
------------------Brennan -------- Cronin ---------------
----------------Guevara ----------- JDG ----------------
---- De Ro -------------- Gerba -------- OBW -----------

Subs:
Vitti for Guevara (only if leading, or if Amado's fitness is in question)
Barrett for OBW
Fellingna for Brennan (change to 4 at the back)

I think all out offense for this game, feel free to disagree, I welcome all alternatives

Darlofletch
10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I'll be the one to step up and tell you guevara's away on wcq duty.

Oldtimer
10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Wynne ruled out (thigh strain):

http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091008&content_id=7396394&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

DOMIN8R
10-08-2009, 12:46 PM
--------------------------- Frei -------------------------
---------- Nana ------Gomez ---Agent Zero--------Brennan---
------------------- Cronin ------JDG -----------------
----------------------DeRo-----------Vitti --------------
---------------- Barett ----------- Gerba -------- ----

DoubleUp
10-08-2009, 12:48 PM
..................................Frei............ ..................
Wynne.................Nana.........Gomez.......... ......Brennan
..............................Sanyang............. .................
Barrett.....................Deguzeman............. .......Cronin
........................Dero..............Vitti... .....................

I feel this line-up has a good mix of experience, youth, strength, speed and technical ability.

trane
10-08-2009, 12:49 PM
-------Gomez---------Nana------------Serioux---------
--------------Cronin---------Sanyang------------------
----------------------JDG----------------------------
--------De Ro-----------------------------Barrett-----
------------------OBW------Gerba--------------------

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I was going to post this:

We play 4-2-3-1, as follows:

....................Frei..........................

Wynne....Nana....Gomez....Brennan

.........Cronin......JDG.....................

...Barrett.....De Ro........Vitti..........

.............White/Gerba...................

Tough call on who to start up front, depends on form and fitness really. I'd go for White, just on a gut feeling that he's a better finisher and more likely to pull somethign out of the bag.

What I like about this formation is:

- we have FBs who can easily add width
- JDG can get forward and be covered by Cronin
- there are two DCM's in place if we need the cover
- we'll have plenty of people coming from deep, which is much harder to mark than two strikers
- it gets all the good players in the side to maximise our chances in a key game, but it's a workable formation with no-one really out of position

But now that I see Wynne is out, we'd have to put Nana at RB and *gulp* Garcia at CB. Otherwise we have to take a much bigger risk and play Cronin at RB and Sanyang as the DM alongside JDG.

Bobo
10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Serioux's returning I think.

And Frei is doubtful.

Oldtimer
10-08-2009, 01:53 PM
..................................Frei............ ..................
Wynne.................Nana.........Gomez.......... ......Brennan
..............................Sanyang............. .................
Barrett.....................Deguzeman............. .......Cronin
........................Dero..............Vitti... .....................

I feel this line-up has a good mix of experience, youth, strength, speed and technical ability.

Wynne is out (read my previous post)!

DoubleUp
10-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Wynne is out (read my previous post)!
Well in that case nana wide right followed by serioux, gomez and brennan.:scarf:

maninb
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Thankfully NOBODY mentioned GARCIA in any of these setups.....If Garcia starts then Bitchy should be allowed to claw out CC's eyeballs...Does anybody else have this sick feeling that Garcia will START on Saturday? I just can't shake it....

Carts
10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
-------------------------------EDWARDS---------------------------------

-------ATTAKORA---------GOMEZ---------SERIOUX--------SANYANG-----------

-------------------------------DE GUZMAN-------------------------------

-----------------BARRETT------------------------CRONIN-----------------

-------------------------------DE ROSARIO------------------------------

---------------------WHITE--------------------GERBA--------------------

TFC07
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
-------Gomez---------Nana------------Serioux---------
--------------Cronin---------Sanyang------------------
----------------------JDG----------------------------
--------De Ro-----------------------------Barrett-----
------------------OBW------Gerba--------------------

I like this formation, but I don't think Serioux should play as a fullback. He'll get exposed there like he has in the past. He should play as a CB! Also I don't want Gomez and Nana playing at same time for most of the game.

backline should look like this (imo):

Nana-------Serioux (if he is match fit of course)-----------Jimmy B.

Bobo
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM

I'd rather not see Barrett in a diamond midfield. If anything I'd play Vitti. Only in MLS can a "striker" find himself there...

TFC07
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I'd rather not see Barrett wide in a diamond midfield. If anything I'd play Vitti.

Isn't Vitti hurt?

ArmenJBX
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I would play

----------------Frei---------------
Nana---Garcia---Serioux---Brennan
-----------Cronin---JDG-----------
---Vitti------------------De Ro----
---------Gerba-----OBW----------

And yes, Garcia is still there. Deal with it. He's still a good defender imo and for every mistake he makes, he makes up for it fivefold.

Bobo
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Isn't Vitti hurt?

I don't know, CC didn't say anything in his interview but spoke on the rest of the injury situation.:noidea:

Section 110
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Nick Garcia should not play based solely on his height, never mind his lack of pace or hair-brained decision making skills. I was excited when he arrived, because here was this guy that had all kinds of experience and would bring a calm and cool attitiude to the back line. I even remember people talking about him being the next captain. Yeesh.

:picard:

That said, we need to win... does he offer greater certainty on a perennially shaky back-line? I just can't make up my mind!

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Thankfully NOBODY mentioned GARCIA in any of these setups.....If Garcia starts then Bitchy should be allowed to claw out CC's eyeballs...Does anybody else have this sick feeling that Garcia will START on Saturday? I just can't shake it....

Yes, I also feel the same sickness. With Wynne out and Nana probably at FB, then Garcia seems like a lock to me under Cummins. I just don't think CC trusts Gomez over Garcia.

Either that or Cummins is eager to get back to the UK asap and doesn;t want any play off games holding up his flight home, so he's trying to deliberately miss out without being too obvious about it. not doing a great job though! :D

Bobo
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Yes, I also feel the same sickness. With Wynne out and Nana probably at FB, then Garcia seems like a lock to me under Cummins. I just don't think CC trusts Gomez over Garcia.

Either that or Cummins is eager to get back to the UK asap and doesn;t want any play off games holding up his flight home, so he's trying to deliberately miss out without being too obvious about it. not doing a great job though! :D

On his part, he's done his share. That damn DeRo though.

For the record though I don't think he's trying to miss the playoffs as incompetent as he is.

rocker
10-08-2009, 06:52 PM
I just don't think CC trusts Gomez over Garcia.

I wonder what Garcia has done to gain CC's trust????

Gomez probably would make some mistakes, but at least there wouldn't be a physical advantage by the opposition since Gomez is built and fast.

DoubleUp
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
all I have to say on Garcia is "own goal".......bum.

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
On his part, he's done his share. That damn DeRo though.

For the record though I don't think he's trying to miss the playoffs as incompetent as he is.

I was only kidding dude, I am quite sure CC isn't trying to deiberatley miss the play offs and fly home a week earlier! :o

For what it's worth I also think he's done his best and been as level about it all as he could. But he's not at the required level to be a head coach, even in MLS. His tactical nous is woeful, he seems wedded to pre-determined ideas even if they go wrong (both in terms of who to pick and what formation to play) and he clearly doesn't know how to get the best out of a talented if somewhat unbalanced squad.

I'm not saying these are easy things and crucifying Cummins for being an inept fool. It's tough to crack a head coach job and lord knows at TFC it's no easier than anywhere else. But if he's not got the ability then we need someone who has. CC was thrust into the role unexpectedly, he's given it his best, not worked out as we all hoped.

So bring in Nicol. (I know, I know but people said the same thing about JDG and where is he employed now? Exactly...)

felipe
10-09-2009, 12:35 AM
You're all stupid...and prove it time and time again with your ignorant comments...

CC is a fine man and a fine coach...our players are good...we'll make the playoffs...now everyone fuck off!

Ummm...maybe that was a bit harsh in retrospect...

I'd like to see

Brennan - Garcia - Nana - Serioux
Cronin
Barrett - DeGuzman - DeRo
White - Gerba

Hitcho
10-09-2009, 08:46 AM
^ harsh, and baseless. If CC is such a fine coach and we have such fine players, then why are we struggling to put in a good performance, nevermind make the play offs?

If you read my previous post I actually defend what CC has tried to do with TFC. But it's difficult to make a good case for him based on results and performances since he took over. And remember he was with the squad as an assistant for a while before he became head coach, so he must have known a reasnable amount about them.

ManUtd4ever
10-09-2009, 09:27 AM
All I know is if Garcia starts we should all protest at the start of the match until a substitution is made! I would think that after reviewing video from Chicago that CC realizes that TFC likely would have won without him...Garcia has turned into Marco Velez in the liability category...

Candu_88
10-09-2009, 09:29 AM

4-4-2 diamond takes a ton of training to be effective and the shuttlers (wide midfielders) need tremendous work rate, ball/passing skills and extreme soccer brains because you have to constantly be deciding whether you are narrow or wide attacking advanced or withdrawn. We don't have these players so stay away from the diamond.

4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2 seem to work best for TFC.

Wooster_TFC
10-09-2009, 09:31 AM
--------------Frei------------------
Nana----Serioux---Gomez---Brennan
------Cronin------------JDG--------
-------------DeRo-----------------
Barrett-----------------------Vitti
------------Gerba-----------------

If Vitti is actually hurt, then I think you'll see DeRo on the left flank, with JDG moving up and Sanyang slotting into JDG's position. It's possible you'll see Serioux at the back instead of Gomez, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he's only available on the bench.

Oldtimer
10-09-2009, 09:42 AM
TFC vs. Quakes pre-match/match thread.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k133/TopDogg79/Team%20logos/t280_sm.gif vs. http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k133/TopDogg79/Team%20logos/t110_sm.gif

CBC starting at 3:30
FAN590

TFC
OUT: MF Carl Robinson (facial bone fracture); QUESTIONABLE: DF Marvell Wynne (quad); PROBABLE: DF Adrian Serioux (neck); FW Pablo Vitti (quad)

SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
OUT: MF Darren Huckerby (R hip surgery); MF Andre Luiz (L knee sprain); QUESTIONABLE: FW Cornell Glen (R knee sprain); DF Jason Hernandez (L hamstring strain)

INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: TFC: Amado Guevara (Honduras Oct 14 vs. El Salvador) SJ: Arturo Alvarez, Ramon Sanchez (El Salvador; Oct. 10 vs. Mexico); Simon Elliott (New Zealand; Oct. 10 vs. Bahrain)

Oldtimer
10-09-2009, 09:49 AM
San Jose @ Toronto FC – 4:00p.m. (CBC)

Aside from Robinson's injury, the circumstances surrounding this match almost completely favor the home side. The Earthquakes simply don't have enough bodies to compete at this point after Frank Yallop named just 16 players in his squad for Wednesday's 2-1 home loss to FC Dallas. Unfortunately for San Jose, most of its key absences are straight down the middle of the park with Jason Hernandez (right hamstring strain), Andre Luiz (left knee sprain) and Ramon Sanchez (international duty with El Salvador) all expected to miss the match. TFC also has key absences in the middle with Guevara and Robinson ruled out, but the Reds have considerably more depth there with Sam Cronin, Dwayne De Rosario and Amadou Sanyang all candidates to play alongside Julian de Guzman in the center of the park. In truth, it shouldn't really matter who TFC throws into the engine room against the Earthquakes because the Reds will boss the tempo and the play regardless with de Guzman head and shoulders above anyone San Jose can offer. Barring an epic collapse or an inability to contain Ryan Johnson, TFC should coast to a relatively easy three points and insert itself into the thick of the playoff chase.

Prediction: Toronto FC win.

http://goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2009/10/09/1550251/friday-mls-forecast-week-30

Oldtimer
10-09-2009, 09:50 AM
TORONTO FC (9-10-8) vs. SAN JOSE (7-13-7), 4 p.m. ET, Direct Kick
The Quakes midfield, deprived of three starters because of international duty, held up pretty well in a 2-1 loss to FC Dallas Wednesday after recovering from a shaky start. TFC won't be as strong in the center as it could be, because a training-field collision on Tuesday has sidelined Carl Robinson for the rest of the season and Amado Guevara is on international duty. Right back Marvell Wynne is hobbled by a thigh strain, which may offer left mid Bobby Convey more space flying forward.

San Jose will arrive at BMO Field on just two days' rest, is 0-4 on turf this season, and suffered a 3-1 loss to TFC in July. It is playing well enough to earn at least a point yet just might not have the legs to hold off a hungry team and rowdy crowd.
Prediction: TFC 2, Quakes 0.

http://www.socceramerica.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=34586

Bars92
10-09-2009, 10:05 AM
i think this will be the game we win 4-0.

It's Called Football
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
From Chris Cummins comments, to Carl Robinson's face, to advantages of one formation over another - we set up the Toronto FC vs San Jose Earthquakes game Saturday on this week's preview show

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/335685

We'll be doing these for the remainder of the year.
Cheers

Bobo
10-09-2009, 10:35 AM
You're all stupid...and prove it time and time again with your ignorant comments...

CC is a fine man and a fine coach...our players are good...we'll make the playoffs...now everyone fuck off!

The irony.:lol: Not harsh, humorous. Thanks!

DOMIN8R
10-09-2009, 11:21 AM
From Chris Cummins comments, to Carl Robinson's face, to advantages of one formation over another - we set up the Toronto FC vs San Jose Earthquakes game Saturday on this week's preview show

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/335685

We'll be doing these for the remainder of the year.
Cheers

I look forward to this.

BTW - Match Preview is up. http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091009&content_id=7409148&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Carts
10-09-2009, 11:25 AM

Is it not possible for some people to have differing opinions and simply state their case maturely...???

Why not just say "...I completely disagree with all of you..." and then state your case...???

Or even say "...I'm shocked none of you feel this way, its blatantly obvious to me that CC..."

Must every single discussion degenerate into childish gibberish...?

I have no problem with anyone having differing opinions, but c'mon at least just have a mature debate - and NO, saying "that was a bit harsh in retrospect" doesn't make it right...

Carts...

Carts
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
4-4-2 diamond takes a ton of training to be effective and the shuttlers (wide midfielders) need tremendous work rate, ball/passing skills and extreme soccer brains because you have to constantly be deciding whether you are narrow or wide attacking advanced or withdrawn. We don't have these players so stay away from the diamond.

4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2 seem to work best for TFC.

Please note, here is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of someone having a different view from a previous post (mine) and replying with their thoughts and feelings maturely, and thats what starts discussion...

Of note - Candu makes an excellent point in regards to diamond formation taking alot of work on the training ground - tossing it into the mix now may in fact be a mistake...

Carts...

DOMIN8R
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
For FluSH with more probable lineup misdirection.

http://web.mlsnet.com/pdf/mls/2009/gameguides/10/1010torsj.pdf

Yozzarian
10-09-2009, 12:22 PM
For FluSH with more probable lineup misdirection.

http://web.mlsnet.com/pdf/mls/2009/gameguides/10/1010torsj.pdf

Having two number 6's on the field makes that lineup priceless.

dcdcdc
10-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere.. Amado is not playing for Honduras. He is suspended

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/grant_wahl/10/09/us.honduras/

"For its part, Honduras will be without midfielders Amado Guevara and Danilo Turcios, who are both out on yellow-card suspensions."

DOMIN8R
10-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere.. Amado is not playing for Honduras. He is suspended

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=17719

DangerRed
10-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Garcia must not start this game. Below is a video of the highlights from our last match against the Quakes. Check out 2:19 into it. The ball comes right at Garcia.. see what he does. Also, note his play after he's beaten. That late tackle could've easily been a penalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW5h0AoI2zs

This guy has no business starting. Period.

Brooker
10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
ticket says 3:30

website says 4:00

kickoff at 4 i assume? this shit is really getting irritating.

nancymiranda
10-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned in the post... but....

If you're heading to the stadium early on Saturday, just a heads up that the Gardiner Expressway is closed from 2:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon from Carlaw Ave. to Humber River.

rocker
10-09-2009, 02:50 PM
ticket says 3:30

website says 4:00

kickoff at 4 i assume? this shit is really getting irritating.

the ticket says earlier to trick people into coming earlier... at least the newbies. they want people to be in their seats at gametime. they mentioned this at the start of the season.

colman1860
10-09-2009, 04:07 PM
According to the preview in my email, the boys are rocking the PINK again tomorrow

DangerRed
10-09-2009, 04:21 PM
According to the preview in my email, the boys are rocking the PINK again tomorrow

That was news. Yesterday.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=17754

Shway
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I would play

----------------Frei---------------
Nana---Garcia---Serioux---Brennan
-----------Cronin---JDG-----------
---Vitti------------------De Ro----
---------Gerba-----OBW----------

And yes, Garcia is still there. Deal with it. He's still a good defender imo and for every mistake he makes, he makes up for it fivefold.

I hope he can get us 3 points back:rolleyes:

Shway
10-09-2009, 05:20 PM

your about a day late, TFC/MLS News Section.

Denime, doesnt do it for no reason

:D

gtaguy
10-09-2009, 05:41 PM
a win no matter the cost.. thats my prediction for tomorrow... anything less then this and its a FAIL...

TheKing7
10-09-2009, 06:25 PM
JDG home debut - and arent we wearing pink?
get in. im ready

Canadian Blue
10-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I got 1 ticket available in 112 for this game.............

Brooker
10-10-2009, 11:14 AM
well I guess if Garcia starts today he couldn't possibly be terrible AGAIN...

or could he?

ilikemusic
10-10-2009, 12:07 PM
What is the policy on bags and backpacks? Can I bring my backpack inside? I plan on reading on the train so I need something to throw my book in.

Yohan
10-10-2009, 12:15 PM
What is the policy on bags and backpacks? Can I bring my backpack inside? I plan on reading on the train so I need something to throw my book in.
your backpack will get a quick search but you will be allowed to bring it in

ilikemusic
10-10-2009, 12:21 PM
your backpack will get a quick search but you will be allowed to bring it in

Awesome. Thanks!

rocker
10-10-2009, 12:27 PM
well I guess if Garcia starts today he couldn't possibly be terrible AGAIN...

or could he?

the scary thing is that SJ is his former team. So surely they'd have a game plan for exploiting his weaknesses.

I'd just put Gomez in with Serioux in the middle. Gomez has speed and strength, and while maybe he needs to develop his soccer IQ a bit, I think his physical gifts will easily make him a better option than Garcia. Gomez also isn't that bad in the soccer IQ department himself, certainly not as bad as you'd think an 18 year old defender might be. And he's pretty cool under pressure.

jazzy
10-10-2009, 12:41 PM
the scary thing is that SJ is his former team. So surely they'd have a game plan for exploiting his weaknesses.

I'd just put Gomez in with Serioux in the middle. Gomez has speed and strength, and while maybe he needs to develop his soccer IQ a bit, I think his physical gifts will easily make him a better option than Garcia. Gomez also isn't that bad in the soccer IQ department himself, certainly not as bad as you'd think an 18 year old defender might be. And he's pretty cool under pressure.

that makes sense; It'll never happen: Unless forced we never seem to exploit our rookies.....and sometimes they,re more daring to exploit the non traditional. especially their speed can frighten the opposition, and that's what is an essential in MLS speed, We'll never see a possesion, control game, with these players; RE: who is feeding DeGuzman?

billyfly
10-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Off I go to walk down to BMO. Good Luck to TFC and all you fellow supporters. Cheers!

rocker
10-10-2009, 12:55 PM
i'm off to the go train now too... so excited to finally have a home game.

time to go experience a Field Turf match for one of the last times ;) ;)

Bars92
10-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I want to see some pink flares on TV.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 02:54 PM
This CBC Super Soccer Saturday is fucking fantastic.

TFC 4 San Jose 1

Inklink
10-10-2009, 03:02 PM
WOW. That place is empty.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:03 PM
No Frei?

HOLY SHIT!

Inklink
10-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Guppy! LOL

He's backup keeper today.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Holy shit Barrett nearly scored immediately in the pink jersey!

SteeltownBhoy
10-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Wow

Worst Atmosphere I have seen this year!!

Shway
10-10-2009, 03:15 PM
its getting cold? i guess

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Amazingly Serioux's throw-ins are better than Guevara's corner kicks.

Inklink
10-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Umm, what does JDG's jersey say?

Deguznma?

ForestGlade
10-10-2009, 03:16 PM
My apologies if this has been said before, but am I the only noticing the back of Julian's jersey saing DE GUZMNA

Edit: you win this round Inklink

Shway
10-10-2009, 03:17 PM
fellinga is looking sharp

Inklink
10-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Wasn't Antonio Ribeiro with the LimpAct?

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Fucker that's a foul, Geiger!

Shway
10-10-2009, 03:19 PM
yea he was

TFC Kevin
10-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Umm, what does JDG's jersey say?

Deguznma?

I think it says De Guzmna, i thought I was seeing things... :facepalm:

Shway
10-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Wow I Never Seen Frei Come Off His Line Like That

silverjelly
10-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Fel looks fantastic on the left side.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Women want to carry O'Brien White's baby!

He's doing well.

Inklink
10-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Obi Won looks great.

Stryker
10-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Watching our boys running around in pink and black has me half expecting White to grab a San Jose player in a bearhug only to have Barret finish him with a flying clothesline. :D

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Barrett hit in the back of the head.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Sweet god we didn't score?

silverjelly
10-10-2009, 03:29 PM
AW man, thought they would score there fo rsure.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Danny Dichiooooooooooooooooo

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Brennan should just stop crossing. Forever.

Come on I don't want San Jose in this game! SCORE!

Inklink
10-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Someone better get fired!

http://i35.tinypic.com/o0fn4.jpg

Yohan
10-10-2009, 03:34 PM
feilinga has looked solid at LW so far. a genuine winger finally?

SteeltownBhoy
10-10-2009, 03:36 PM
WTF

Was Serieux smoking crack brfore the game???

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Why are there only 1-2 guys in the box for these crosses?

AdamZ
10-10-2009, 03:40 PM
liking Fellinga!

have we tried to sign a literal sack of shit? I imagine it would play as well as Garcia and surely wouldn't ask for such a salary...

mclaren
10-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Call me a traditionalist but this pink is embarrassing.

Inklink
Choke

PS: I like the pink, considering the purpose behind it.

TFC USA
Christ Barrett is shit.

SteeltownBhoy
10-10-2009, 03:43 PM
San Jose look like a very loose, dangerous team. TFC a little tentative maybe??

silverjelly
10-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Not a great shot by Fellinga considering the space and time he had.

TFC USA
barrett still can't pass and fellinga shoots into outer space.

mclaren
Choke

PS: I like the pink, considering the purpose behind it.

For me the problem is not the colour, but the fact we change our strip for anyone or any cause. I think it should be the same at home always. If they need to wear pink armbands or something maybe that is acceptable - I didn't see NFL teams wearing pink jeresys.

OneLoveOneEric
10-10-2009, 03:46 PM
This game is an absolute snoozer

Davenport
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
They could wear fuschia with yellow spots for all I care.
It's all about the football, passion and commitment.
Hold on...that's why we're noticing the shirts...because there's fook all of the other going on.
For a must win game this is PATHETIC.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I might as well just say fire Cummins.

Why are we struggling at home again?

Stryker
I think Felinga looks quite solid. And I wasen't a fan of his signing so Im plesently surprised. Garcia is so shit it's embarassing.

Davenport
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kaz
10-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Can some one explain how it is SJ is always strongly defended when tfc is on the attack, but when the reverse is happening TFC only has 3 people in the box :)

SteeltownBhoy
10-10-2009, 03:50 PM
TFC does not look prepared!!! No urgency and that my friends is coaching.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Fuck off Barrett.

Put in Gerba.

ForestGlade
10-10-2009, 03:52 PM
*yawn*

SteeltownBhoy
10-10-2009, 03:53 PM
45 I will never have back. Hope my friend is enjoying myn tickets.

LucaGol
10-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Home games are becoming as boring as away games

FluSH
10-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I think Felinga looks quite solid. And I wasen't a fan of his signing so Im plesently surprised. Garcia is so shit it's embarassing.

Yeah Felinga is looking decent... I'm thinking Vitti and White would play good together...

mclaren
10-10-2009, 03:58 PM
definitely not the most exciting - glad i couldn't make it

manic.street.preacher
10-10-2009, 04:00 PM
can someone point me in the direction of a live stream?

jloome
10-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Someone better get fired!

:D:D

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:05 PM
45 minutes until our season comes to a close unless these guys can play.

JamboAl
10-10-2009, 04:08 PM
can someone point me in the direction of a live stream?

Try this: http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

ForestGlade
Attakoraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

TFC USA
Goal!!! Attakora!!!

Kaz
FRAKING EH!!!!! GOAL.. alright Nana :D

FluSH
10-10-2009, 04:09 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! NANA

Thank God Barrett missed opportunity lol...

Shakes McQueen
10-10-2009, 04:09 PM
The was the WORST goalkeeping I have EVER seen. LOL.

- Scott

edmundo
10-10-2009, 04:10 PM
anyone know what player that stream is using? my new computer is missing a plug in i need to view it

manic.street.preacher
^ notta :(

silverjelly
Sweet freaking deal.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Are you fucking shitting me, Barrett?

Thanks for caring though.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Lick De Guzmna's dick, Geiger.

That is a corner.

ForestGlade
Jersey is fixed for M. Guzmna

LesH
Anyone a link to a stream please?
I just got home, and there's nowhere a streaming to this one.... :(

Cannon
10-10-2009, 04:15 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/?ref=cbcsports

Link for the stream is on the right

manic.street.preacher
10-10-2009, 04:17 PM
this is totally bunk, the first link isn't working and CBC doesn't stream out of Canada :(

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:17 PM
DeRo selfishly shoots wide.

ForestGlade
10-10-2009, 04:18 PM
this is totally bunk, the first link isn't working and CBC doesn't stream out of Canada :(

try using a proxy

Shakes McQueen
Nice cross Chad.

- Scott

TFC USA
WHOA!

What the fuck just happened?

It seems the only time Barrett has a good cross is when it's to DeRo. Offside.

LesH
10-10-2009, 04:19 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/?ref=cbcsports

Link for the stream is on the right

can not use it.
Works just in Canada.
I'm in New Jersey.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

F.....KKKKKKKKK :(:(:( :picard:

silverjelly
10-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Oh man, Hernandez is BAWLING. I feel awful for him.

Kaz
10-10-2009, 04:20 PM
ya that doesn't look good.

DeRo boyo I didn't need to see that... LoL

LesH
10-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I 'll better get drunk because I'm too angry I can't watch this game.
What the heck is lately with the atdhe streamings????

Shakes McQueen
10-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Yikes - poor guy. It's hard watching a guy who is clearly in a lot of pain.

- Scott

Cannon
10-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Use a Canadian proxy to get the stream from CBC to work.

FluSH
10-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Oh man, Hernandez is BAWLING. I feel awful for him.

Did you guys see the replay???

He broke his ankle... you can clearly see it... we need a screencap of that... that turf can't go quick enough...

Inklink
10-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Noo! White just missed!

TFC USA
Nearly for White.

manic.street.preacher
^ that would have been the first thing i tried, if i had any tech savvy at all :D

(edit: re the proxy thinger)

FluSH
10-10-2009, 04:25 PM
anyone know what player that stream is using? my new computer is missing a plug in i need to view it

Eddie... I'm hoping Trinidad takes down Costa Rica tonight :D

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Barrett plays a hard ball to De Guzman who was 2 feet away and then Barrett gave it away again.

LesH
10-10-2009, 04:27 PM
try using a proxy

I tried 2 proxies, connect to the cbc site OK, but can't connect to stream.

Toronto suporters outside Canada are totally fuc.....ked latey! :(:(:(

:picard::picard::picard::picard:

Damn, I left an event just to get home and watch second half.

Shakes McQueen
10-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm liking the look of Fellinga. He's got a pretty nice cross too.

- Scott

silverjelly
10-10-2009, 04:28 PM
^ that would have been the first thing i tried, if i had any tech savvy at all :D

(edit: re the proxy thinger)

If you're not technologically inclined, simply download HotSpot Shield and run it. It's a program that hides your proxy, and is a very quick download and quite pain-free to operate.

James Oliphant
10-10-2009, 04:29 PM
I tried 2 proxies, connect to the cbc site OK, but can't connect to stream.

Toronto suporters outside Canada are totally fuc.....ked latey! :(:(:(

:picard::picard::picard::picard:

Damn, I left an event just to get home and watch second half.

Couldn't afford that $20 for Match Center at the start of the season?

LesH
10-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Use a Canadian proxy to get the stream from CBC to work.

Where on the earth to find a Canadian proxy...
The game is almost over...

JamboAl
10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Anything on justin.tv?

silverjelly
10-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Where on the earth to find a Canadian proxy...
The game is almost over...

See my post above.

silverjelly
10-10-2009, 04:33 PM
These guys need to figure out their crosses.

Inklink
10-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Cummins would be putting on Velez any moment now :| .

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:37 PM
15 minutes to go. One more choke and I will be pissed off for life.

silverjelly
10-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Dreaded last 15 minutes...

Inklink
10-10-2009, 04:38 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/wvr52s.jpg

LOL

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:39 PM
DeRo has been invisible today apart from the goal he set up.

Inklink
10-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Barrett = Generous Giveaway machine. I like his running and defence but MAN he turns it over so much.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:42 PM
I hate this team's performance today.

Inklink
10-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Crampy off, Vitti on.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Barrett cramping up again late.

Have we made a sub? 10 minutes left and Cummins has done nothing!

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Jesus Christ.

Nearly the equalizer.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Worst fucking football ever.

Sloppy game.

Can we win it?

VITTI WHAT THE FUCK?!!!

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Cummins is a fucking retard.

1 sub used with a 1 goal lead and that was a forced move.

LesH
10-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh man.... guys, I can't see anything from the game , but from your comments I sense this was another shitty performance til now?
Is this true?

silverjelly
10-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh my god.

Oh my god, no

Oh god.

TFC USA
Equalizer. Season over.

Inklink
Tied. Expected. (#U$%(*#*$)(%*#
$()%#$

Sab0tage
Of course.

ForestGlade
Annnnnnnnnnnnnngry

OneLoveOneEric
LOL!!!!!!
what a joke.

LesH
10-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Fck, it seems they deserve this???!!!!

Inklink
F'ing DeVos checking the "Play the 90" before they do. Idiot.

silverjelly
Effing lack of finish all game and of course they once again blow the lead late.

Ridiculous.

This team doesn't deserve the playoffs.

Inklink
10-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Garcia missed his mark ont hat goal.

WHAT THE HELL Dero. You a hole.

Pyeddo
Classic TFC failure

MG42
would you expect anything less....

Yohan
i just bursted a blood vessel in my head

MG42
10-10-2009, 04:58 PM
it's comical...but I'm not laughing :(

Inklink
YES! Boo them well crowd. Throw shit at them please. Pieces of crap. Change your jersey colour all you want, it's the same bullshit underneath though.

ArmenJBX
FUCKING DISGUSTING! DISGUSTING. THIS SQUAD FUCKING SUCKS. CUMMINS FUCKING SUCKS. ONLY TORONTO COULD HAVE FUCKED THIS UP.

TORONTO FAIL CLUB.

SteeltownBhoy
Nigel

" A touch of diaappointment for TFC?? What a fucking muppett!!

Dub Narcotic
Yeah, what's there to say. Crowd sucked, this team just cannot hold onto a late lead. They wouldn't get past the first round in the playoffs anyway. I hate blaming the coach, but why wasn't there a sub in the last five or six minutes to calm down the SJ attack? It seems so obvious to me. Gomez/Sanyang for De Rosario would have been the right thing to do.

Jamaicanadian
Dreaded last 15 minutes...

Truer word have never been spoken.....WHY CANT THIS TEAM HOLD A FRICKEN LEAD........... FOR FACK SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sab0tage
10-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Don't worry guys, ML$E made some more cash that will help them improve our squad for next year!

SteeltownBhoy
10-10-2009, 04:59 PM
You think the ticket reps are cringeing a bit right now??

Kaz
10-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm totally destroyed by that... you expect it.. just bad play.. and I blame the coaching those long balls shouldn't be happening and the total lack of forward moment in the last 15 is what causes this... It's disgusting...

Yay Nana though :D

LesH
10-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Seriously, I'm big TFC fan, but if they have blown the lead yet again in the late minuts, and then better to end the season now.:(

These performances are joke, from a team so good ON PAPER.:picard:

bimmer
10-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Don't worry guys, ML$E made some more cash that will help them improve our squad for next year!

You do know that playoffs = more money for MLSE?

Detroit_TFC
10-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Fortunately we're so inconsistent we'll probably do ok against RSL next week. Not that it matters.

Even if we somehow got in with 42 points, with this form our play off run would be very short I'm sure.

SPARTACUS
10-10-2009, 05:03 PM
If I was a TFC fan in that stadium...I would have thrown everything available and taken the ban from the stadium!
This might be the biggest display of "choking" I have seen in sports....Lets face it they cannot hold it together for 90 minutes. Hell they cant even hold it together for 60minutes! I feel bad for the fans of TFC. This is truly unacceptable. Why the fuck do you sit behind the ball like that and hope they dont score....????

OMG I feel for you guys....What a disgrace.

LesH
10-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Fortunately we're so inconsistent we'll probably do ok against RSL next week. Not that it matters.

Even if we somehow got in with 42 points, with this form our play off run would be very short I'm sure.

You have a mistake in your sentences.
We're not inconsistent. We're bad. :(

A team playing like this in the most important game of the season until now is bad.

ArmenJBX
10-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Fuck playoffs. We don't fucking deserve it. If we cannot be San Jose Earthquakes B team, we fail. We are a failure of a team. I don't give a shit who's to blame, everyone here is incompetent, barring a few.

I better wake up and read this headline.

"Interim Coach Cummins fired after another failure"

James Oliphant
10-10-2009, 05:08 PM
GoTFC (http://twitter.com/GoTFC) @jasondevos (http://twitter.com/jasondevos) Checkmark next to "90-minute game"?
less than 5 seconds ago (http://twitter.com/GoTFC/status/4770002514) from web

LesH
10-10-2009, 05:09 PM
I feel just lucky I couldn't got a stream to watch this one, maybe I would been breaking my PC then...

Inklink
10-10-2009, 05:10 PM
This team's so awful. Garcia that long haired son of a gun with a freaking elastic band around his little brain can't defend if you held a gun to his head. That's the most pathetic attempt to block I've ever seen.

If I'm a coach, and I NEED this win, I'm taking off BOTH White and Barrett for more defensive players. LOL this is a joke!

I hope I see a Toronto team win a championship in my lifetime. I doubt it.

It's okay though.

I hear we have some Camaroonians on tryout or something. We'll be better next year. OR the year after that. Okay 3 years from now.

MUFC_Niagara
10-10-2009, 05:15 PM
We are consistent at giving up late goals. LOL...gaaaaaaaaawd we are terrible.

boban
10-10-2009, 05:44 PM
F'ing DeVos checking the "Play the 90" before they do. Idiot.
I was thinking the same thing.