PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Next Year

ensco
10-08-2009, 11:09 AM
The Cunningham rampage has me thinking more about Barrett.

What's the likeliest scenario?

FluSH
10-08-2009, 11:11 AM
He stays!

(edit: there was no poll when I posted the above)

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 11:34 AM
He'll be protected in the expansion draft for sure. You need three strikers in MLS, and OBW and gerba are our only other two. Only way I could see him going is if Mo has got a replacement already in the bag, literally signed and sealed, at which point CB might would be traded.

As for goals, I think he'll get us 8 next season. That's in all comps, not just the league. I hope he gets 20 though.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-08-2009, 11:37 AM
He'll be traded to Columbus...for a DP spot..... :)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-08-2009, 11:38 AM
He'll be protected in the expansion draft for sure. You need three strikers in MLS, and OBW and gerba are our only other two. Only way I could see him going is if Mo has got a replacement already in the bag, literally signed and sealed, at which point CB might would be traded.

As for goals, I think he'll get us 8 next season. That's in all comps, not just the league. I hope he gets 20 though.

very high hopes..:rolleyes:

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 11:40 AM
^ hehe, yeah I know, but it never hurts to dream. That's why I posted 8 as what I think he'll actually get, in all comps.

I like Chad, he works his ass off and can play up front or in a wider role in a 4-3-3. But he gets paid too much given that he cannot finish very well and hasn't nailed down a place in the side yet.

Cambridge_Red
10-08-2009, 12:26 PM
1-2..

Stouffville_RPB
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM

Agree with everything you said there. If Barrett could finish 3/4 of the chances he gets he would score 10-15 a year.

Didn't vote because I think he ultimatly ends up in the 5-10 range.

wzhxvy
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I dont think he will be protected in the draft given his long term contract where the term over paid would be generous based on his output. If any team wants to pick him up, they are more than welcome to him. My guess he will be unprotected and will not be picked up by Philly.

Section 117
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I dont think he will be protected in the draft given his long term contract where is the term over paid would be generous based on his output. If any team wants to pick him up, they are more than welcome to him. My guess he will be unprotected and will not be picked up by Philly.

But with the salary cap going up next year hopefully and complicated roster rules as american based teams need "x" amount of players if left unprotected who knows he might be gone

maninb
10-08-2009, 02:47 PM
But with the salary cap going up next year hopefully and complicated roster rules as american based teams need "x" amount of players if left unprotected who knows he might be gone

For the money he's making surely Mo could find a guy who can score more than Barrett?

Carts
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
For the money he's making surely Mo could find a guy who can score more than Barrett?

I believe that experiment was called Pablo Vitti... FAIL :(

Carts...

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I dont think he will be protected in the draft given his long term contract where is the term over paid would be generous based on his output. If any team wants to pick him up, they are more than welcome to him. My guess he will be unprotected and will not be picked up by Philly.

Yeah but Mo's cannier than that. CB may nto be that valuable to us, but he is more valuable to a US team that needs a striker, especially a team that isn;t looking for a primary, star player kind of striker, more a back up work horse to chip in with 10 goals a season. For that team, CB would be a steal. So if we leave him unprotected then Philly may take him just to trade on.

Bottom line is we may not see him as very valuable (or as very good value) but he has trade value, and Mo knows it.

Roogsy
10-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Looking at Cunningham's resurgence...at some point you have to wonder if our coaches in inhibiting rather then developing progress.

Would Barrett have a better strike rate elsewhere? I dunno...but it's highly disappointing that a player that has played as much as he has and given the opportunities he has had, hasn't put more away.

I am beginning to wonder if our biggest problem isn't even on the pitch.

ArmenJBX
10-08-2009, 03:12 PM
I remember that the Chicago Fire fans warned us that Barrett had tendencies to go on goal droughts, but he's still scored some important goals. Hopefully he can improve his goal to shot ratio next year.

TFC07
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
What was his strike rate before joining TFC? Barrett (unlike Cunny) has always had trouble finishing. I personally don't think that is going to change if he leaves Toronto.

TFC07
10-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Looking at Cunningham's resurgence...at some point you have to wonder if our coaches in inhibiting rather then developing progress.

Would Barrett have a better strike rate elsewhere? I dunno...but it's highly disappointing that a player that has played as much as he has and given the opportunities he has had, hasn't put more away.

I am beginning to wonder if our biggest problem isn't even on the pitch.

True, but however Cunningham wasn't motivated most of time in Toronto. He started off great in Toronto, but lost interest after he got hurt.

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 03:28 PM
What was his strike rate before joining TFC? Barrett (unlike Cunny) has always had trouble finishing. I personally don't think that is going to change if he leaves Toronto.

Yeah, Cunny came here as the fifth highest MLS goal corer of all time and a coupel short of 100 league goals. Barrett came as someone Chicago wanted to get off the books. and with fitness issues to boot.

Roogs - I think the answer to your question is the system we've been forced to play with so many central players and no wide players. CB has been outside right or left a lot this season. If he had been in an orthodox 4-4-2 system with reasonable deliveries from out wide and CM and been given the same playing time, I think he would have stuck more away. Not massively more, but enough to make a credible difference. Especially if he had the right kind of strike partner alongside him. Just my hunch.

iansmcl
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
You're being too reasonable Hitcho... throw some hyperboles in there!

ensco
10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
^He had no strike partner. Carver used him as a lone striker in a 4-5-1, mostly (when he used him, that is, as he wasn't a regular starter.

God, I hate that formation. We still play this all the time (except when we go 4-6-0, like we did in our last game).

jloome
10-08-2009, 04:48 PM

I think Barrett brings a lot to the table but not enough to succeed at this level as more than a backup player. He has one of the worst strike rates in the league's history (something like a goal every 6.5 games) for a regular striker, and his decision-making with the ball is poor and slow. He's good at playing into space and getting behind the back line, but pretty poor with the ball at his feet.

Rudi
10-08-2009, 05:02 PM
With TFC, his strike rate is 1 goal every 4.875 games in the league, and 1 in 4.08 in all competitions.

By comparison, Cunningham (as an out and out striker) was 1 in 5.333 games in the league and 1 in 6 in all competitions while with TFC.

jloome
10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
With TFC, his strike rate is 1 goal every 4.875 games in the league, and 1 in 4.08 in all competitions.

By comparison, Cunningham (as an out and out striker) was 1 in 5.333 games in the league and 1 in 6 in all competitions while with TFC.

Ringing endorsement, Rudi. He's marginally better than a guy who tanked here completely.

Really, for our top striker we should be expecting at least one-in-three and the ability to create some of those himself.

Still on the upside, Barrett's wide play seemed improved over the last couple of games.

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 10:01 PM
^ but you still wouldn't start him on the right of midfield in a 4-4-2.

Therein lies the Barrett conundrum!

Roogsy
10-08-2009, 10:05 PM
True, but however Cunningham wasn't motivated most of time in Toronto. He started off great in Toronto, but lost interest after he got hurt.

The question is why?

And what is it that turned his interest back on in Dallas that he's been on a tear since?

Let's not kid ourselves. MOST of us thought Cunningham was done. Finito. We were proven wrong.

The question then lies in what is it that caused him to massively fail in Toronto? It's an important question because if it happens once, it may happen again with another player.

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 10:08 PM
^ turf and an underdeveloped squad while he was here

Auzzy
10-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I think Barrett might do better on a team where the fans AREN'T as good as TFC! (Dallas or something like that.) I think it's partly a mental issue for him, as he works his ass off & chokes on the easy goals. This despite the fact that some of his basic skills have improved quite a bit since he started at TFC. E.g. his first touch has gotten better most of the time -- I remember some of his first games he would usually let the ball bounce away a few feet when receiving a pass. Lately I've seen him take down some long hard passes beautifully. Also showing better control on some pretty good runs down the wing. Plus his fitness is much better -- he used to always cramp up partway through games.

I just wonder if he might do better in a lower pressure atmosphere with a different team? Probably still not an amazing striker even by MLS standards, but he might get a slightly better strike rate. BTW, does TFC/MLSE have a good sports psychologist for players like this?

Yozzarian
10-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Barret has scored a few beautiful goals for us. They have all been reaction goals, turn and shot or get the foot in on a charge. Given time, he over-thinks and screws up. If he thought less about scoring and just scored, he'd be a better player.

Rudi
10-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Ringing endorsement, Rudi. He's marginally better than a guy who tanked here completely.
It wasn't meant to be an endorsement, ringing or otherwise.

I was just providing statistical facts rather than hyperbole. People can draw their own conclusions.

I still maintain that Barrett is not a striker, but a forward. There's a difference.

rocker
10-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Cunty said in an article by Bobby Rhine on MLSnet that his problem is he thinks too much.

From what i've read, Cunny still misses a lot of easy chances in Dallas... many of his goals are ones where he doesn't have time to think.

i also read there may be a clause in his contract that deals with renewal at a certain goal total.

remember, he sucked until Cooper left too... so you take away a great striker in Cooper, and Cunny is handed the job and confidence that they don't have anyone else to compete with him, and he succeeds. to me that's simply a headcase. Jason Kreis in RSL hated him.

it's not like he didn't have chances to score in T.O. The first year, Dichio served him up lots of chances that he failed on. and the second season..... ugh.

felipe
10-09-2009, 12:28 AM
I wish we had 11 Chad Barretts...the guy never quits...there is nothing wrong with his ability or thinking...his problem is purely psychological...if they all played like Barrett we'd be unbeaten

If Guevera had chad's heart he'd be in the EPL

Jeff s
10-09-2009, 02:31 AM
I wish we had 11 Chad Barretts...the guy never quits...there is nothing wrong with his ability or thinking...his problem is purely psychological...if they all played like Barrett we'd be unbeaten

If Guevera had chad's heart he'd be in the EPL
You drunk? lol

TFC Tifoso
10-09-2009, 07:07 AM
here's hoping Barrett will score 15 goals next year.............................................. .................................................. ...with Chivas....

koryo
10-09-2009, 07:19 AM

I was just providing statistical facts rather than hyperbole. People can draw their own conclusions.

I still maintain that Barrett is not a striker, but a forward. There's a difference.

Barrett should be converted to a winger.

Hitcho
10-09-2009, 08:44 AM
^ no way. he doesn't have the ball control, dribbling skills, flair or vision to be a decent winger.

rocker
10-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Barrett would be a decent winger. I've seen him cross better than most on the team (a couple crosses have lead directly to goals).
He also has good vision and sense of the game. He knows where players should be and he knows where he should be. He hustles his ass off (how many times have TFC fans complained about players not hustling??)
His problem is the final finish.

BuSaPuNk
10-09-2009, 11:18 AM
^ I agree he would play well in a wide position. Just by his speed, and his cross. We really have no other options at this point. Unless we bring back RR.

VPjr
10-10-2009, 02:05 AM
I tend to agree with Rudi.

Barrett is a forward, not a striker.

in my opinion, he's not a very good forward and he's a poor striker.

Please people, don't be confused by his ability to occassionally put in a decent cross and think that qualifies him to play on the wing. it doesn't. He has no interplay sense, no 1v1 ability and while he works hard, isn't really that explosive where he can beat a guy to the touchline and put in a hard and accurate cross on the dead run.

He is what he is. A guy capable of 5-7 goals a year if given a lot of playing time. Better players can be found. There is no doubt about that. The sooner he leaves Toronto, the better.

trane
10-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Yes, Barret is not a perfect winger, but he is a solid MLS winger.

Beach_Red
10-10-2009, 10:51 AM

Please people, don't be confused by his ability to occassionally put in a decent cross and think that qualifies him to play on the wing. it doesn't. He has no interplay sense, no 1v1 ability and while he works hard, isn't really that explosive where he can beat a guy to the touchline and put in a hard and accurate cross on the dead run.

He is what he is. A guy capable of 5-7 goals a year if given a lot of playing time. Better players can be found. There is no doubt about that. The sooner he leaves Toronto, the better.

In this crazy league, though, the player has to be American to take that roster spot and not so good that he goes to play in some Norwegian second division.

When TFC played RSL this year that Movisisyan guy scored a nice goal. I thought, yeah, a guy like that instead of Barrett would be great. And now he's gone to Europe.

We can argue about Barrett's salary (well, probably not, we'd all agree it's too high), but until the the cap goes up or the roster rules change, every team has to figure out how to win with "Barretts" in the line-up.

trane
10-10-2009, 10:55 AM
^ That is the think jloome had said that the MLS is league on inperfect players. You have to build a team of usefull but not perfect players and put them in positions were they can best use their attributes, and not expose there weakness. Barret as such is a good wing player, whether in the mid or in a more advanced position.

You cannot expect a European quality winger in this league. Or I shuold say we have one, his name is Becks and he is a DP.

TheWolf
10-10-2009, 11:23 AM

This man said it perfectly. It baffles me with what some of you think. (11 Chad Barretts, and we's be a better team?!) You MUST be drunk.

Beach_Red
10-10-2009, 11:25 AM
^ That is the think jloome had said that the MLS is league on inperfect players. You have to build a team of usefull but not perfect players and put them in positions were they can best use their attributes, and not expose there weakness. Barret as such is a good wing player, whether in the mid or in a more advanced position.

You cannot expect a European quality winger in this league. Or I shuold say we have one, his name is Becks and he is a DP.

Or even if we could get to a point where a guy like Laurent Robert will play here instead of jump at the first chance to go somewhere else like Greece.

jloome
10-10-2009, 12:02 PM

You're overestimating the quality of the league. At the very least, he'd be a good role player if he was on a lower salary. The problem with Barrett isn't figuring him out, it's that Mo took a flyer on him being a sleeper as a striker, who has yet to hit his potential and paid him way too much.

He might still be proven right eventually. Contrary to your post, he has significant 1v1 ability, just not on the dribble. He does it via off-the-ball and off-the-player movement, which is why he has the most shots on the team by a fairly huge margin; he DOES create chances with his positional play and ability to beat one guy.

He just can't finsh.

You might end out beign right about the need for better crossers on the wing, but we haven't seen him much there. He's not ideal, but if he's on a guaranteed contract and we CAN'T get rid of him, we might as well use him as a winger/wide forward or backup winger. He's certainly got more chance of contributing there than upfront.

jloome
10-10-2009, 12:05 PM

True enough. I shouldn't try quoting stats from memory, though given how poor his strike rate is even when your're dead on, it's a bit moot.

He's got the same problem as a wide forward as DeRo: everyone expects him to come inside. We have no wide play. I'd like to see him just play as a regular winger a few times and see what he does.

Shakes McQueen
10-10-2009, 04:17 PM
You're overestimating the quality of the league. At the very least, he'd be a good role player if he was on a lower salary. The problem with Barrett isn't figuring him out, it's that Mo took a flyer on him being a sleeper as a striker, who has yet to hit his potential and paid him way too much.

He might still be proven right eventually. Contrary to your post, he has significant 1v1 ability, just not on the dribble. He does it via off-the-ball and off-the-player movement, which is why he has the most shots on the team by a fairly huge margin; he DOES create chances with his positional play and ability to beat one guy.

He just can't finsh.

You might end out beign right about the need for better crossers on the wing, but we haven't seen him much there. He's not ideal, but if he's on a guaranteed contract and we CAN'T get rid of him, we might as well use him as a winger/wide forward or backup winger. He's certainly got more chance of contributing there than upfront.

I basically agree with this.

I'm going to say he probably stays with us - mostly because his current contract pays him more than he is worth, so he likely wouldn't get picked up in an expansion draft anyway.

I'm hoping he will have the breakout season we hoped he would have this year, while he is still with us, but it's just hope - I'm not really optimistic.

Either way, we need to acquire a real striker for next season. No more experiments.

- Scott

Davenport
10-10-2009, 05:21 PM
He'll score none for nobody.

What an intelligent poll.......give me strength.

TFC USA
10-10-2009, 05:42 PM
No more.

He has heart but nothing more.

Stop the madness and stop looking at hear as justification of keeping him.

zeelaw
10-10-2009, 07:03 PM
5-10

TFCtoMUFC
10-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Anywhere but here. End of.

DichioTFC
10-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Barrett is one of the more determined players (what he does off the ball is never recognized) but he is overpaid. A few more goals would justify his salary though and I can see him knocking in a few next season, wherever he goes.

felipe
10-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Just to be as over the top as most supporters...I think we should erect a bronze statue of Barrett outside of the main gates.

He's not shit - and he's not fantastic.

He works hard and is smarter than most; we're lucky to have him here.

Frankly he reminds me of Dirk Kuyt - first year at 'pool and my friends ('pool fans) thought Kuyt was utter shit, he missed chance after chance. Now you can't get rid of him. I thought the same for Benayoun, when he first got there he wasn't all that great - now he's fantastic.

Is Chad as good as these guys? Not even fuckin close. Can he be the MLS equivalent? I don't know, but it won't be for lack of effort.

ensco
10-11-2009, 09:40 AM
5-10

I didn't make that a choice because I knew that's where 80% of the votes would fall. I was actually trying to force the question: is he likelier to break through elsewhere. Seems the majority believe that to be true (as do I).

Major caveat: this guy would be the single biggest beneficiary from a good coaching hire, I think.

craigtfc
10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
unemployed

jloome
10-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I didn't make that a choice because I knew that's where 80% of the votes would fall. I was actually trying to force the question: is he likelier to break through elsewhere. Seems the majority believe that to be true (as do I).

Major caveat: this guy would be the single biggest beneficiary from a good coaching hire, I think.

Oh yeah. Marv Wynne and Pablo Vitti, too.

Shakes McQueen
10-12-2009, 06:32 PM

I think this is true of Barrett too, which is why I haven't completely given up on him.

And I agree with jloome that it's also probably true of Wynne and Vitt. All the more reason Mo needs to make sure he gets our next HC hire right.

- Scott

DichioTFC
10-13-2009, 02:33 AM
From the MLS home page...

http://web.mlsnet.com/images/2009/10/12/IaDKRwmW.jpg

Auzzy
10-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Can we turn that ^^^ into a new facepalm smiley for the board... :)

mdc 77
10-13-2009, 03:10 PM
He'll score for someone else but not 10-15.

BFin
10-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I believe that experiment was called Pablo Vitti... FAIL :(

Carts...
And....zing.
That's a paddlin'......BRAH

Carts
10-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Editing your post... You know what's coming...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2588/4010973265_d569c52d56.jpg

BFin
10-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Yah brah.

Brooker
10-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Chad Barrett played fantastic today. With all the shit he took from some fans and all the insults, personally i was proud of his effort today. well fucking done!

GOOD JOB, CHAD!

not that i expect many people to give him props. ignore his positives, shit on his faults...

that's par for the course.

Chevy
10-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Chad Barrett played fantastic today. With all the shit he took from some fans and all the insults, personally i was proud of his effort today. well fucking done!

GOOD JOB, CHAD!

not that i expect many people to give him props. ignore his positives, shit on his faults...

that's par for the course.

+1 from me. Played great today.

ensco
10-17-2009, 08:28 PM
^It's funny, but these polls do give voice to the silent majority.

In this case, for all the grief he seems to get, a lot more people think Barrett will score more goals rather than less next year. That is not the way people felt about Cunnibham, imho (although of course we were all wrong).

Yohan
10-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Barrett's finishing could have been better, but at least he's getting himself available for those opportunities. I'm really liking him on LW. He's turning into a decent winger.

Shway
10-17-2009, 09:03 PM
agreeed

TheKing7
10-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Barrett's finishing could have been better, but at least he's getting himself available for those opportunities. I'm really liking him on LW. He's turning into a decent winger.

totally agree... his delivery is improving tremendously... even on his left foot ... he swung a great ball into dero today

jazzy
10-17-2009, 09:20 PM
agreeed

He's clumsy, misses sure chances by getting too cute, he thinks he's Renaldo, if he slowed it up and made his chances more signifigant he'd be more valuable, who else has been given soooo much patience....., he should have scored today all it needed was a touch, but, he as usual overplayed it and played it into the goaltenders hands, also gives up the ball far too much, people are calling him a winger, at best, yes, but lord above never a striker, give OBW, the time we gave Barrett he'll notch over 10 goals...we never gave Cunningham 20 minutes let alone a year of starts, although Cunningham did have an atitude. Never at $200,000,

Brooker
10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
if Chad Barrett was as good as people say he could be if he finished better, well he wouldn't be playing in this league. Just sayin.

Super
10-18-2009, 10:32 PM
if Chad Barrett was as good as people say he could be if he finished better, well he wouldn't be playing in this league. Just sayin.

You're spot on. He'd be in Europe making more than our entire team combined. Score 15 goals in this league and you're likely to get picked up pretty quickly by someone. Agents be watchin'!

rocker
10-18-2009, 11:12 PM
.we never gave Cunningham 20 minutes let alone a year of starts,

The majority of Cunningham's games played were starts.
in his first season, for example, he started 13 of 16 games after he arrived.
He just sucked and there's no excuse for it, particularly not getting a chance. The dude had lots of chances to play, and even more chances to score goals. don't anybody say he didn't get a chance!

ensco
10-19-2009, 01:44 PM
The majority of Cunningham's games played were starts.
in his first season, for example, he started 13 of 16 games after he arrived.
He just sucked and there's no excuse for it, particularly not getting a chance. The dude had lots of chances to play, and even more chances to score goals. don't anybody say he didn't get a chance!

Carver didn't give him much of a chance. Cunny was rarely Carver's first choice selection. He was mostly a late sub in his 2008 games here. A lot of it had to do with Carver's love affair with the 4-5-1, which is a formation that a player like Cunny was useless in.

Cuchulain
10-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Maybe Barrett will be one of those guys who does his best in the playoffs. Here's hoping.

Shakes McQueen
10-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Maybe Barrett will be one of those guys who does his best in the playoffs. Here's hoping.

He very well could. I've noticed that Barrett seems to have his best performances during important games.

- Scott

Beach_Red
10-21-2009, 11:26 AM
You're spot on. He'd be in Europe making more than our entire team combined. Score 15 goals in this league and you're likely to get picked up pretty quickly by someone. Agents be watchin'!

15? RSL is losing Movisisyan to Denmark at the end of the season.

TFCRegina
10-24-2009, 06:19 PM
When in doubt, put Barrett up against Montreal...they seem to bring out the best in him.

ExiledRed
01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
When in doubt, put Barrett up against Montreal...they seem to bring out the best in him.

Maybe he should play for them then. It would be the best thing for everybody.

Tyler Durden
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
he should go.....we can't rely on him.....i think by now we've seen enough of his poor me routine after missing a shot....Mo should keep trying to bring strikers in until one sticks.

ExiledRed
01-03-2010, 10:35 PM
he should go.....we can't rely on him.....i think by now we've seen enough of his poor me routine after missing a shot....Mo should keep trying to bring strikers in until one sticks.

Problem is Barrett stuck. Mo gave him a sticky paycheque and a sticky contract, and nobody really knows why.

trane
01-04-2010, 11:08 AM
^ He believed in the he kind of looks like Rooney, so he should kind of play like Rooney theory?

MFG1
01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
He might score 1 or 2 in practice, other than that, he is not worth it.

Bars92
01-05-2010, 06:20 PM
He's a good #3 striker, but I guess his contract is a bit more than that.

Section 117
01-06-2010, 03:59 PM
From what I have heard Preki rates Barrett quite high and has tried a couple of times when managing Chivas to aquire him.

Also, from what I heard he trains extremely hard and is always listening and taking advise from the staff and the older players. One of the players told me that he strikes the ball better than anyone else on the team.

It is all a mental when he thinks he fucks up like the game against Kansas City on the break away you can see the moment he over thinks it.

I think he will do a lot better then most of us think

Pigfynn
01-11-2010, 02:30 PM
^^I agree with this. Chad is a hard worker and has the right attitude. He is however one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched.

He's frustrating because he has obvious skills but seems unable to harness them at will.

J .
01-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Heres a guy who has pace to burn, got tons of chances and from everything Ive ever heard, works hard. He should be the kind of player we cheer for to be better because there is a huge potential dividend.

Preki should do wonders for him. Barrett is the type of player I think will perform much better in a situation where there is more structure and has a mentor to get him confident in himself. He hasn't had that yet.

There will be more expected of him in terms of goals, but he spreads the field for DeRo and JDG. Defenders have had to worry about his pace getting in behind them. If he finishes those chances, I think we will have a top four club.