PDA

View Full Version : A rant about something stupid on TFC TV

Oldtimer
10-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Have you ever noticed that when they have multiple segments, they load them in reverse order? That way, the player automatically plays segment 4 first, then segment 3, and so on. It's clear to me that the TFC staff (Paul B included) haven't bothered checking out their own viewer.

:facepalm:

ArmenJBX
10-07-2009, 07:02 PM
The website template is changing for next year, or so I hear.

Oldtimer
10-07-2009, 07:12 PM
The website template is changing for next year, or so I hear.

That's the MLS website, not TFC TV.

werewolf
10-07-2009, 07:12 PM
bad form.

Roogsy
10-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I stopped watching TFC TV a while back. They seem to be on automatic with content and the viewing format is kind of annoying.

Carts
10-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Have you ever noticed that when they have multiple segments, they load them in reverse order? That way, the player automatically plays segment 4 first, then segment 3, and so on. It's clear to me that the TFC staff (Paul B included) haven't bothered checking out their own viewer.

:facepalm:

That's been my pet-peeve of TFC TV all year...

I love watching the interviews and features, but do hate the way they run in reverse order...

Seriously, this isn't a rant, this is 'constructive critism' that should be brought to the webguys attention...

Carts...

ArmenJBX
10-07-2009, 08:20 PM
And I dunno if it's just me, but if my mouse goes over the thumbnails underneath the main video, the audio of that video plays alongside the one I'm watching. It's reaaaaally annoying having to refresh the video and try to watch it again.

Pigfynn
10-07-2009, 08:22 PM
And I dunno if it's just me, but if my mouse goes over the thumbnails underneath the main video, the audio of that video plays alongside the one I'm watching. It's reaaaaally annoying having to refresh the video and try to watch it again.

Me too! I hate that.

Dirk Diggler
10-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't know if it was this problem specifically but I remember Paul B stating that he is aware of how there are indeed many problems with the online player on the website.

Yeoman
10-08-2009, 09:54 AM
i could not even get the stream for announcing JDG even though i kept clicking on the link that it said it would, did anyone else have that problem with TFC TV earlier this year?

Parkdale
10-08-2009, 09:58 AM
[/rant]

who are you.... me?

It's the little things that bother us. Shouldn't it be easy to fix? You would hope so.
And it doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't checked out their own player,
it just means that it didn't seem like a glaring mistake to them.

in situations like this, it just means that they have to upload the last act first, so when the app sorts by date uploaded, you get the 1st segment before the 4th one.

jloome
10-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I know the firm that does it does video for the NHL as well, so you'd expect some competency, but not only does it annoy with the aforementioned issues, it also cuts off a good portion of the video, as you can see when you put it in frameless.

And there are serious browser compatibility issues. I'm on a Mac at work and have tried it with Safari, Firefox, explorer, all with the right plugins and forget it, never gotten anything more than audio.

Hitcho
10-08-2009, 11:37 AM
That's the MLS website, not TFC TV.

Officially, yes. But Paul B posted a comment in a thread a short while ago that the TFC website was also up for an overhaul, but they were waiting for the rules to be changed or relaxed or something before they could undertake this. it was in response to a post about not wanting a carbon copy of the MLS website and havign our own instead. So, hopefully, we can look forward to this in the near future. :)