PDA

View Full Version : O Canada

backbeat
10-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Let's get behind our coach and team

and email, phone our Account Reps/team/BMO or whomever and ask that there is no broadcast of O Canada this Saturday but rather they play the U.S. anthem and then ask the supporters to start O Canada and the stadium sings it a cappella :canada:

it would be assume and really get the game and crowd going together
:scarf::flare::scarf:

Super
10-05-2009, 08:03 PM
It would also be appreciated if the announcer did not ask for everone to hold their scarves up high. We know the drill by now!

dclaro
10-05-2009, 08:10 PM
would everyone start in sync?

backbeat
10-05-2009, 08:16 PM

follow the supporters and it would sound amazing!!

king dave
10-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I am officially offering to lead it off.
On the pitch, microphone in hand.
Let's see if PB can orchestrate this.
KD will get all you mofos singing LOUD and PROUD!:canada::canada::canada:
KD.

AL-MO
10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
What would Jimmy Brennan say about this?

:D

king dave
10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
What would Jimmy Brennan say about this?

:D
Jimmy plays football.
I am a musician.
Would you ask a plumber about a noise in your car's engine?
KD.

AL-MO
10-05-2009, 09:42 PM
I didn't ask, he told me. :D

pekduck
10-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Jimmy plays football.
I am a musician.
Would you ask a plumber about a noise in car's engine?
KD.

as long as our FO did not read the Post and Courier, a local newspaper from Charleston SC the day after our opening match :D

Edit: remove font

king dave
10-05-2009, 09:50 PM
as long as our FO did not read the Post and Courier, a local newspaper from Charleston SC the day after our opening match :D

Edit: remove font
Player has a bad game and returns to play again the following week.
Toast and worrier:D.
KD.

James Oliphant
10-05-2009, 10:08 PM
You know, I asked the FO about doing this myself a while back (and I can sing), and they said "we don't do singers any more".

king dave
10-05-2009, 10:16 PM
You know, I asked the FO about doing this myself a while back (and I can sing), and they said "we don't do singers any more".
What?
Guess we'll have to have a sing off @ some random Thursday Night Drinks location Mr. O:).
KD.

swan
10-06-2009, 07:31 AM

it's not in sync even when it's played over the speakers...
sections beside each other can't even sync up...

flatpicker
10-06-2009, 07:49 AM
The easier solution would be to simply start the music and then fade it out after "Our home and native land"

KrazyKanadian
10-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Maybe if Dave starts singing today, he'll be finished by the time the game starts.

:)

pekduck
10-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Maybe if Dave starts singing today, he'll be finished by the time the game starts.

:rofl:

DOMIN8R
10-06-2009, 08:49 AM

Now that's funny.

Carts
10-06-2009, 09:05 AM
The easier solution would be to simply start the music and then fade it out after "Our home and native land"

Agreed 100%...

This starts everyone off together - but lets the crowd take the anthem...

Its similar to the Oilers singer during the playoffs, he'd start, sing a couple of line, then just hold the mic up high...

We would need something, someone to start everyone off together...

I also agree with get rid of the "hold your scarf up high" announcement - its not needed anymore...

Carts...

Bobo
10-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Let's get behind our coach and team

and email, phone our Account Reps/team/BMO or whomever and ask that there is no broadcast of O Canada this Saturday but rather they play the U.S. anthem and then ask the supporters to start O Canada and the stadium sings it a cappella :canada:

it would be assume and really get the game and crowd going together
:scarf::flare::scarf:

"Leafs style"? OMGZ I thought they were the ones biting us??!!

Don't we sing it at every game? I think that suffices. Would be nice if more people got involved in the chanting.

James Oliphant
10-06-2009, 04:47 PM
What?
Guess we'll have to have a sing off @ some random Thursday Night Drinks location Mr. O:).
KD.

I don't look like Pavarotti for nothin'.

You're on, son! :drinking:

__wowza
10-08-2009, 08:30 AM
What?
KD.

you know what, this might be off topic but ive always wanted to say it.. i admire the fact that king dave types in such huge fucking letters. i broke my glasses awhile ago and it was in between buying new ones or textbooks for school.. i chose the latter. i can always see what he posts with no problem.

on the other hand, when i do buy new glasses, itll probably be paramount to a person screaming in my face, but right now it's all good.

backbeat
10-08-2009, 08:38 AM
you know what, this might be off topic but ive always wanted to say it.. i admire the fact that king dave types in such huge fucking letters. i broke my glasses awhile ago and it was in between buying new ones or textbooks for school.. i chose the latter. i can always see what he posts with no problem.

on the other hand, when i do buy new glasses, itll probably be paramount to a person screaming in my face, but right now it's all good.

but.....how do you read the text books???

__wowza
10-08-2009, 08:49 AM
but.....how do you read the text books???

like this..

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/onepony/onepony0901/onepony090100012/4085613.jpg

EDIT: you would not believe how many pictures you can find for "smoking a pipe and reading a book" in google images.

mlsintoronto
10-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I like this idea - it was really impactful at the Puerto Rico game.

We'll meet you all halfway tomorrow (and if successful for the future too). The size of the stadium and location of the speakers have always caused things to go out of sync. Tomorrow we'll start the anthem music loud, and fade it out after about 16-32 bars...based on observation of how the crowd is doing. BE LOUD and the music will disappear.

King Dave - maybe one day but we need to walk before we run. I like the idea of a supporter leading things off, but I don't like having an "anthem singer".... lets make sure this works first.

flatpicker
10-09-2009, 01:55 PM
^ cool thanks... I think this is a good option.

Smuttynose
10-09-2009, 02:10 PM
sounds good!

Gobi
10-09-2009, 02:57 PM
And maybe, down the road, I could do an interpretive dance piece to O Canada at centrefield...

Ok, ok, I kid. I leave all the interpretive dance to KD.

flatpicker
10-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I didn't read anywhere if this worked or not.

I couldn't tell from in 112... did people pick up the song after the music faded out?

WHITEY
10-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I didn't read anywhere if this worked or not.

I couldn't tell from in 112... did people pick up the song after the music faded out?

I was in section 223 yesterday and it sounded OK. Got better when the music faded out and people actually realized what was going on.

flatpicker
10-11-2009, 03:33 PM
^ well that's what I wanted to know about ... "after the music faded out".

So people sang then... that's something.

WHITEY
10-11-2009, 03:35 PM
^ well that's what I wanted to know about ... "after the music faded out".

So people sang then... that's something.

Ya it took a couple of seconds for people to realize that there was no music but once that realization ocurred it got louder, not crazy loud but louder.

King Tut
10-11-2009, 06:09 PM
It sounded great from 127. I could hear the Southend and many parts of the stadium perfectly. It took a bit of time for the anthem to flow in unison, but half way in, it sounded mint.

flatpicker
10-11-2009, 06:18 PM
^ Good to know!

Perhaps if we make a habit of it next season, then fans in attendance will get better and better.
And it might serve to get people more into the mindset of singing at games! (that could be useful)

Remember how we had the supporters kick off the anthem at the Puerto Rico match?
That might be something worth investigating as a regular home game tradition.
Could end up being rather unique in the league?

fergiejr
10-14-2009, 02:24 PM
We sang in 222. My wife and I sang real loud. When it was over, I said " It was cool that they shut the music off completely" She didn't even realize that they had.

Nice work, let's do it again this Saturday.

jimmyjazz
10-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I liked it. I always thought this is how it should be done - but never bothered to start a thread.

Get the people singing - anything, and better things will come.

Jim