PDA

View Full Version : C Rapids owner buys into Gunners

Oldtimer
10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Kroenke backed by MLS boss for buyout of Arsenal

LONDON — MLS commissioner Don Garber says Stan Kroenke would be a positive addition for Arsenal if the American businessman completes his buyout of the Premier League club.
Kroenke, who owns the Colorado Rapids, increased his stake in the Gunners to 28.7 percent last week, 1.2 percent short of the threshold that instigates a mandatory offer for the remaining shares.
While the 62-year-old famously guards his privacy, earning the nickname "Silent Stan," Garber said he talked to Kroenke about his plans for Arsenal.
"Stan Kroenke is very, very bright and a capable sports man — with his NBA teams, NHL teams and Major League Soccer team — and I think he will be a good owner of Arsenal," Garber said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "He's a strong silent type, and I think that's not necessarily the worst thing when it comes to sports team owners."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hwu8b3mAU3kVC4gV-LiBIteRH0EQD9B4BOHG0

C.Ronaldo
10-06-2009, 09:42 AM
how does one get that rich in one life time

felipe
10-06-2009, 09:43 AM
the old fashioned way - inherit it!

Big Bruva
10-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Funny thing is when i talk to Omar Cummings and Kosuke Kimura they tell me Rapids are cheap and as soon as someone is making a good amount of money for too long they ship them out lol

Blizzard
10-06-2009, 10:43 PM
how does one get that rich in one life time

Ask your namesake! ;)