PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Oct.05

denime
10-05-2009, 05:27 AM
Mornin'

Three MLS teams, two playoff spots (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/10/05/11302511-sun.html)

Toronto FC needs 3 wins plus help for playoffs (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/10/04/torontofc-playoffs.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

scooter
10-05-2009, 07:07 AM
mornin d

flatpicker
10-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Can't say I disagree with the Sun's assessment of TFC potential starting lineup.
There is no time for tinkering right now, and the players who have shown the best results need to be in the starting XI.
Even if that mean starting Brennan on the bench.

TFC_Junky
10-05-2009, 07:27 AM
^^ Gotta agree with you. The inconsistancy has killed us this year. Cummins should have picked a system/formation and just stuck with it.

Red CB Toronto
10-05-2009, 08:03 AM
^^ Gotta agree with you. The inconsistancy has killed us this year. Cummins should have picked a system/formation and just stuck with it.

It really has, it gets to me how the Reds can go out one week and win big time and then stink up the house the next. That is the one thing that has killed them in 2009. I agree Garcia just does not have the pace to hold things up back there, is just too prone to being beat and thus has to react in a negative way. I really hope they pull it off the next two games and I can see them clinch a spot in New York.

ManUtd4ever
10-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I can't believe it, but I agree with some of Wheeler's analysis for a change...I would definitely prefer to see Gomez and White starting instead of Garcia and Gerba...

felipe
10-05-2009, 08:40 AM
wow...I couldn't disagree more with you guys. I read Wheelers article and came away thinking that the guy doesn't have a clue - and now you're all agreeing with him!

In the middle of a playoff push, the one thing you don't do is bench your captain.

I disagreed with pretty much everything he stated about the roster.

Ageroo
10-05-2009, 08:50 AM
wow...I couldn't disagree more with you guys. I read Wheelers article and came away thinking that the guy doesn't have a clue - and now you're all agreeing with him!

In the middle of a playoff push, the one thing you don't do is bench your captain.

I am a little iffy on what Wheeler said as well....they only thing I really agreed with is the Garcia comment and we are inconsistent.

Tezza
10-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I agree that Brennan should start on the bench. Wynne cannot defend and should not play at right back. I can live with him on the right side of midfield instead of Barret. I like what I've seen from White but to say he is scoring consistently is a bit of a stretch. I would go with, Nana, Gomez, Robinson, and Felinga at the back. DeGuzman, Dero in the centre, with Wynne, and Cronin on the wings, and Gerba and White up top.

Classic 4-4-2.

If Serioux can play I would have him in place of Robbo.

I'm tired of watching this team try to pack the midfield with all their players in the same team. Guavara looks disinterested, and Robbo and Brennan can no longer pass.

GO!

flatpicker
10-05-2009, 09:01 AM

Well, there are no gaurantees on what works best.
And maybe keeping Brennan in for the playoff push will work (experience does count for a lot)
Garcia is definitely a liability lately though.

I would never presume to think that I know what is best for the team.
But I sure would like some consistency... and we definitely need to start our most promising players.

ManUtd4ever
10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
...and it's not even a matter of auditioning our youth for roster spots next year. The kids deserve to start!

Detroit_TFC
10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
The youngsters may bring a little extra to these last few games, they should definitely start. The same-o same-o will bring a quick end to the season.

Roogsy
10-05-2009, 09:45 AM
All I know is that since we are not playing for draws, we have to put our most potent offence out there. It's not even about avoiding a loss...we are avoiding ties as well!

maninb
10-05-2009, 10:02 AM
With the exception of benching Brennan I can't say I disagree with Wheeler...If CC starts Garcia I think my f*cking head will explode, and Bitchy the Hawk should be allowed to claw CC's eyeballs out...