PDA

View Full Version : Signed game worn Danny Dichio soccer boots - auctioned for charity

mrs.andyc
10-04-2009, 07:52 PM
The retirement home where I work has a fundraiser every year for the Childhood Cancer Foundation.

I have been lucky enough to get Danny involved with this Charity starting with Kick, Cut, Care in May 09.

Recently he donated a signed, game worn pair of his soccer shoes for my work fundraiser - and I have decided the best way to do this is through e-bay.

I am running the auction, the foundation know about it and if you wish you may call Mary Lye the marketing director of the Childhood Cancer Foundation to verify it - the details are on the letter of endorsement on the e-bay site.

If you are interested - feel free to bid at the link below

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160367362856&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Thanks
Gina

spezz44
10-04-2009, 07:59 PM
happy to be the first bidder

mrs.andyc
10-04-2009, 08:04 PM

Wagner
10-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Also Bid.

mrs.andyc
10-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks a lot!

RedRum
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
jUst beware if they jump to an insane amount quickly. Lets say right now Shady buyer 1 comes in and Bids 7,000. The price would probably go to (guessing) $100 or whatever the present high bidders maximum is. Then shady buyer then uses a different ID to bid $8000.

The boots sit all week at $7100 and no one is gonna top it. At the very last second, shady buyer retracts the $8000 bid, and the boots drop back to $100.

Had it done to me, of course I just told the guy to GFYS and didn't send the item.

Red CB Toronto
10-04-2009, 09:45 PM
jUst beware if they jump to an insane amount quickly. Lets say right now Shady buyer 1 comes in and Bids 7,000. The price would probably go to (guessing) $100 or whatever the present high bidders maximum is. Then shady buyer then uses a different ID to bid $8000.

The boots sit all week at $7100 and no one is gonna top it. At the very last second, shady buyer retracts the $8000 bid, and the boots drop back to $100.

Had it done to me, of course I just told the guy to GFYS and didn't send the item.

I don't think you have been table to do that on EBay for ages, if I remember correctly you can not retract a bid in the last 12 hours unless it was placed in that time period. Good luck to the highest bidder !!!

ilikemusic
10-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Cleats!

:lol:

mrs.andyc
10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the tip!
I'll kick their ass!!
:)

RedRum
10-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't think you have been table to do that on EBay for ages, if I remember correctly you can not retract a bid in the last 12 hours unless it was placed in that time period. Good luck to the highest bidder !!!

Maybe they changed the rule then. I know as a seller I can't end an auction in the last 12 hours. Heaven forbid I break an item going to package it (happened before :()

mrs.andyc
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Cleats!

:lol:

Sorry - I am an Englishwoman in Canada! New to this soccer lark thanks to my boys and hubby - gradually being sucked into the cult, just can't call them cleats yet LOL! :)

Petor
10-05-2009, 03:27 AM
I made a bid, still pretty low, try and top that! :)

mrs.andyc
10-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks!

jaahuuu
10-05-2009, 12:33 PM
I made a bid, still pretty low, try and top that! :)
Consider yourself topped.

mrs.andyc
10-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Thanks a lot!
andyc saw these come out of the back of Danny's truck - they still have mud on them!
I had to take them back the next night to the field - 'cos Danny forgot his pen, bought him one and let him keep it after he signed them :D

Nodoubtguy
10-05-2009, 12:43 PM
The bids are rolling in now!!!!

DOMIN8R
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Yup. I'm in. But I never have the winning bid. All I do is jack up the price. Which, in this case, is alright.

mrs.andyc
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
The bids are rolling in now!!!!

Hooray! I knew if I added that they still have mud on them the bids would go up LOL

mrs.andyc
10-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the bids so far - Danny's soccer cleats are up to $202.50 now!! Keep them coming in - you can't get stuff like this everyday, they are the boots that belong to the legend!!

Dbl_D
10-06-2009, 04:25 PM
an idea (not sure if this has been suggested...) but why doesn't the RPB bid on these and have an inventory of items that we can lend to our home bar, or back to the club... could have a part of the budget designated toward such and or maybe members could contribute to this budget directly... might generate more dollars to these charities...

ps... sorry for suggesting a 'gorilla' enter the bidding for all those that would bid on such items...

FluSH
10-06-2009, 06:21 PM
an idea (not sure if this has been suggested...) but why doesn't the RPB bid on these and have an inventory of items that we can lend to our home bar, or back to the club... could have a part of the budget designated toward such and or maybe members could contribute to this budget directly... might generate more dollars to these charities...

ps... sorry for suggesting a 'gorilla' enter the bidding for all those that would bid on such items...

hmmm... believe it or not there are people out there with some serious cash....

RPB entered as a group for the First Goal shoes... I asked a few RPB's back then to tell me how much they were willing to donate for the shoes and took into consideration about $1000 from the RPB coffers... anyhow I think our maximum purchasing power was $7,000... and well the shoes went from $5k to $12k in the span of 5mins.... I think it topped at $21k

all in all... it's an amazing item to have...but the funds that we can better be used for banners, drums, roadtrip subsidies... etc...

Dbl_D
10-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm with ya flush... just throwing it out there... $21k... seriouuss wow...

FluSH
10-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm with ya flush... just throwing it out there... $21k... seriouuss wow...

Yeah those wore the 1st goal shoes... It was crazy... I was actually on the phone with Deniz (blackandwhite) during the last few moments of the auction... and we combined purchasing powers to see if we could grab them at $15k... nothing...

anyhow... if these shoes on the ebay listing go for anything below $2,000 it's a steal...

I would say they will go for $8,000... and all the bidding will be done on the last day...

FluSH
10-06-2009, 06:34 PM
on a side note... I would love to have Dichio's New England Goal Shoes... for the draw on the last game of the season... everyone talks about the 1st goal... but to me this last goal was the best... it capped what Dichio came here and did... and that was give us RESPECT.

wBDiSnHZkBU

mrs.andyc
10-06-2009, 06:42 PM
They are at $305 right now - so someone is going to get a bargain!
Please forward to any DD and TFC fans who might not be on here - I really want to be able to add to the $4000 my residents and staff raised for the Childhood Cancer Foundation.
Thanks

FluSH
10-06-2009, 06:47 PM
More video on the last game... damn I am trying to find the Television feed with Nigel Reed on this game...

kfxr80FnYJM

Emotions were so high on that day... I think everyone at the stadium was prepared to take the loss and Dichio comes in for the rescue... I would argue that we wouldn't have invated the pitch and celebrated the way we did had Dichio not scored that last goal... it would have been different... it would have been sombre...

Petor
10-06-2009, 09:50 PM

I topped that, now try and beat this.
Separating boys from men now! :D
:flare::scarf::flare:

sidvan
10-07-2009, 05:13 AM
I am tapped out at $450 back to you Petor

FluSH
10-07-2009, 08:00 AM
They are at $305 right now - so someone is going to get a bargain!
Please forward to any DD and TFC fans who might not be on here - I really want to be able to add to the $4000 my residents and staff raised for the Childhood Cancer Foundation.
Thanks

Mrs. Andy,

My only concern woud be the marketing behind this... for the First Goal boots TFC FO managed to sent a Season Ticket Holder wide email to everyone announcing the auction...

There is no doubt this website is visited quite frequently by supporters and others alike... however the majority of us supporters here have probably already spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on TFC/RPB merch, Roadtrips, etc...

Heck I spent hmm approx $1,600 on roadtrips alone so far... Kansas $650, Columbus $550 (extended stay :D), RPB Niagara Tourney ($400).

Anyhow, what I am trying to say is that you are best reaching the red seats... TFC FO and Paul are very accomodating at noble / charity causes... if they haven't helped already... maybe they still can!

mrs.andyc
10-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Mrs. Andy,

My only concern woud be the marketing behind this... for the First Goal boots TFC FO managed to sent a Season Ticket Holder wide email to everyone announcing the auction...

There is no doubt this website is visited quite frequently by supporters and others alike... however the majority of us supporters here have probably already spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on TFC/RPB merch, Roadtrips, etc...

Heck I spent hmm approx $1,600 on roadtrips alone so far... Kansas $650, Columbus $550 (extended stay :D), RPB Niagara Tourney ($400).

Anyhow, what I am trying to say is that you are best reaching the red seats... TFC FO and Paul are very accomodating at noble / charity causes... if they haven't helped already... maybe they still can!

Hi there

Yup I know, but my contacts are limited to Danny, the Foundation and you guys! I actually want them to go to someone who will appreciate them and keep them - so don't necessarily want the price to go too crazy high :D

Having an andyc and two boys I am fully aware of how much we spend on TFC - especially on game day!! LOL

If anyone here knows anybody on the other fan groups or has contacts they can pass it along too - I would be very grateful.

http://tinyurl.com/yd64j23

Thanks a lot
mrs.andyc!

jaahuuu
10-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I topped that, now try and beat this.
Separating boys from men now! :D
:flare::scarf::flare:
:p

...although I'm just about at my limit.

mrs.andyc
10-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi all

Thank you so much - for your bids, Danny's signed soccer cleats are up to $522.34 now, which is awesome! :D

Just wanted to share the new video launched by the Childhood Cancer Foundation - so you can see why I am so passionate about helping them to raise awareness and funds <3

http://telus.edgeboss.net/wmedia/telus/mediasol/preview/august_09/09-243_childhood_cancer_foundation_charity_version_fi nal.wvx

mrs.andyc

Petor
10-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Hmmm, looks like someone wants it more than me! The bidding has gone up a wee bit.
Going to wait a day or two to see if I can find some hidden cash to up the bid.
That video is pretty powerful, my mom is a cancer survivor, I had an aunt and grandma that were not so lucky, however none were children.

mrs.andyc
10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Hmmm, looks like someone wants it more than me! The bidding has gone up a wee bit.
That video is pretty powerful, my mom is a cancer survivor, I had an aunt and grandma that were not so lucky, however none were children.

thanks! I am amazed we have got this much - so happy!
I think it hit home most when our son Evan had his hair shaved for Kick, Cut, Care - we took him out to dinner and when he took his TFC hat off the waiter's attitude changed towards us so dramatically, made us all realize that this is what people have to deal with everyday and how fortunate we are.

FluSH
10-10-2009, 10:03 AM
looks like one more day to go...

They are still at a very good price... If we (RPB) had a surplus in funds I would be asking the group to make a bid for these.

The last few hours will be interesting... I'm also wondering what games these cleats were used for? Personally I would love to get the Season 1 Last game vs New England game cleats...

mrs.andyc
10-10-2009, 07:34 PM
looks like one more day to go...

They are still at a very good price... If we (RPB) had a surplus in funds I would be asking the group to make a bid for these.

The last few hours will be interesting... I'm also wondering what games these cleats were used for? Personally I would love to get the Season 1 Last game vs New England game cleats...

if that's the game you want, then that's when they were worn!! :D

No seriously, I don't know know which game - sorry, and I am not about to ask him with the newest Dichio around now, might be a bit busy!

This is so great - thank you so much for all the bids, auction closes tomorrow at 8.28pm! the winners are the all the kids and families the Childhood Cancer Foundation helps <3

mrs.andyc
10-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Just a reminder the auction closes tonight at 8.28pm tonight!
Last chance to bid for a great item for any fan and also raise money for a wonderful cause
bid is at $701 now!

mrs.andyc
10-11-2009, 07:29 PM

Hooray - they are yours!!! $701
Thank you so much :D

mrs.andyc
10-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi all

Just wanted to update you - Petor got Danny's signed soccer cleats, yay!

Below is an email from Mary to Petor, copy to Danny too:

Hello Peter,

I want to thank you for taking the bidding up so high to be the proud owner of a pair of dirty soccer boots!! But they are special indeed, they were Danny Dichio’s! Himself the finest of fellows and a terrific soccer player, coach and inspiration to so many for his soccer skills and his commitment to our cause. The boots will continue to do good work in support of the Childhood Cancer Foundation. Your bid was nearly enough to sponsor a scholarship for a childhood cancer survivor ($1,000). We awarded 61 of these scholarships this month to young cancer survivors from across the country embarking on their higher education after a battle with cancer. This scholarship celebrates their second chance at life. And your bid was enough to send 5 support kits to families of a child recently diagnosed with cancer in Canada. I hope you enjoy being the proud owner of these fine boots, just as we are delighted to receive the money to continue the fine work we do for kids with cancer.

Warmest regards and many thanks for your generosity.

Mary

I just also want to add a huge THANK YOU to all of you who bid or shared this with friends. We are thrilled with the money raised and as you can see from Mary's email it will be put to good use in fight against Childhood Cancer.

The handover of the cleats will take place prior to the game this Saturday!

thanks again, especially to Petor!

Gina (mrs.andyc)

mclaren
10-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Congratulations! BTW, what are cleats and what's wrong with calling them 'boots' - i.e. the proper name! :)

mrs.andyc
10-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Congratulations! BTW, what are cleats and what's wrong with calling them 'boots' - i.e. the proper name! :)

Oh good grief!! I was told off for calling the boots and not cleats - can't win!:D