PDA

View Full Version : Edu: critique maybe harsh

Flipityflu
06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
alot of us, including myself, have been harsh this season on Mo Edu. after Sunday's defensive dissapearing act, do you think him not playing is what caused some of the problems we had? in others words, maybe we are not seeing something that Edu is bringing to the table.

Roogsy
06-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Personally, I think it was a lack of offence that kept us on our heels the whole game. We really missed Guevara. There was nothing there to keep the Houston defence honest.

Leprechaun
06-09-2008, 05:56 PM
well having Harmse and Robinson isn't gonna get us very far in any game...what we were lacking was ball control and an offensive threat in Guevara but Edu would have been nice to have as well.

JDG
06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
alot of us, including myself, have been harsh this season on Mo Edu. after Sunday's defensive dissapearing act, do you think him not playing is what caused some of the problems we had? in others words, maybe we are not seeing something that Edu is bringing to the table.

This was something I was speculating about at Shoeless Joe's during he game.
It seemed that the runs on our defensive end, all seemed to pass through Edu's position. Robinson was clearly getting angry. He was doing everything he could, but didn't seem to have any support.
Our offense was almost nonexistant because there was no service. Ricketts usually gets his best runs off of feeds from Robinson & Edu. In this game he was doing a lot of running, but he wasn't getting any balls passed up to him.

Canadian Blue
06-10-2008, 08:37 AM
you guys all harp on Edu but he is a defensive midfield player and a good one at that, if you need evidence of this replay the houston game. Now obviously our lack of offense played a part in this but Edu would have helped out.

Pachuco
06-10-2008, 09:36 AM
We definately missed Edu yesterday. It was quite obvious. Harmse is a moron.

Northern Soul
06-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Yes, we definitely missed Edu and Guevara in the middle.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Id like to hear more from the people that think Edu needed to be traded and how he is useless this year please...

Northern Soul
06-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Personally, I said Edu wasn't having a great year, which he isn't. That being said, I never wanted him traded, and I'd much rather have him in midfield than Harmse.

Stencils
06-10-2008, 11:29 AM
A few of us were talking during the Houston game about Edu's role this year. He's just been playing a different game than he did last year. It's still an effective role, it's just not really an attacking one. So it seems like he's not playing as well when really, he's just been taking a different tack.

That or he's of two minds out there. Maybe he wants to move forward on the attacks but Carver is asking him to stay back with Robo.

nascarguy
06-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Yes, we definitely missed Edu and Guevara in the middle.

yeah but we miss Guevara more

ilikemusic
06-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Just echoing the sentiment that Harmse is indeed useless.

woolly
06-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Ditto on the useless Harmse. Can't wait to see one of our developmental guys take his place.

VPjr
06-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm sure Mo would have been helpful on Sunday. I've not really understood the criticism he's taken this year. Mo doesn't need to do all the things he was relied on to do last year when we had far less talent.

I saw Mo play live on Sunday (I was at the US v Argentina match at Giants Stadium). He played the entire 2nd half. Mo struggled a bit at times against an excellent Argentine midfield but he was no worse than most of the Americans, who I thought were quite Shite for the most part (except the GK Howard, who was unbelievable). As the 2nd half progressed, Mo became more composed and effective.

nascarguy
06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
he is gone for the whole month I got to get him to sign his banner before mojo send him off to the UK but this saturday I now we are going to not win haft the team is gone in till the New england game

James Oliphant
06-10-2008, 04:32 PM
^
Eh?

Personally, I think it was a lack of offence that kept us on our heels the whole game. We really missed Guevara. There was nothing there to keep the Houston defence honest.

Truth. They were given the run of the play because we had nothing going forward.

Also, James needs to work on his positioning. Too many times he was out of the path of a pass he should have intercepted. He needs to work on angling out those through-balls at the edge of the area.