PDA

View Full Version : Loan Rules?

Manutd #1
09-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows how loaning out players work in the MLS?

Just wondering cuz wouldn't it be great for a guy like Gala who got like 20 mins playing time this year to get loaned to maybe Montreal or Vancouver, this would give him great match experience and now playoff experience, obviously we would have a clause that says we can call him back due to injuries in our squad.

Also what about loaning our young players(white,nana,gomez,soyang) to european teams even in lower levels even if it was just from Nov-Jan, if this was possible I am sure Cummins and Mo have the connections to set up these loans.

what are your opinions and is this even a possibility in the MLS

zeelaw
09-28-2009, 10:48 PM
I relaly dont think Gala could crack into Montreal or Vancouver.

And the problem is that MLS owns the players not TFC... its a mess

bimmer
09-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Off topic, but I think I saw Gala today at school (Gerstein Library).

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Maybe loaning Gala to CSL team would been a good way of getting him some playing time, while keeping him within the GTA.

I like the idea of loaning players out Nov - Jan, but don't loan moves have to within transfer windows? In year one, TFC was going to have Edu and Wynne train with Sunderland durning the MLS off season, something like that might work for Nana, Gomez, Sanyang et al.

S_D
09-29-2009, 01:11 AM
I relaly dont think Gala could crack into Montreal or Vancouver.

And the problem is that MLS owns the players not TFC... its a mess

If I remember correctly DCU loaned out a couple of players to USL teams. May have even been the 'caps.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-29-2009, 01:31 AM
DC currently has a player on loan from Harrisburg. LA has a player on loan at Miami FC and Julius James was on loan at Minnesota earlier this season.

InTheCrowd
09-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Gala plays for U of T. I don't think that he will be loaned out.

sulfur
09-29-2009, 06:57 AM
To keep your CIS eligibility, you can only play a certain (small) amount of time as a development player with a professional or semi-pro team.

Once you break a certain limit (and I don't recall what it is, but it's hidden in the tome of CIS rules somewhere), the CIS no longer considers you a development player and you have to take a year off (literally 365 days) before being eligible again.

Fushida
09-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Off topic, but I think I saw Gala today at school (Gerstein Library).

seriously? I was there this morning, will look out for the kid from now on :rolleyes: